With all the feminists breaking down in tears over how they're "finally" getting some representation...

With all the feminists breaking down in tears over how they're "finally" getting some representation, I started thinking why not one of the several other strong female characters? Is there something wrong with characters like Ripley, Leia or Clarice?

On another point, what is Sup Forums's favorite female character?

The bigger question is why didn't Rey get this big of a reaction. Is it because a male directed her or is it because they thought Hillary was going to be president?

>The bigger question is why didn't Rey get this big of a reaction
Because unlike Wonder Woman, TFA was a piece of shit

the more Sup Forums autist post about her the more i lover Gal Gadot

Same, Sup Forums made me become obsessed with her. Fuck you guys.

I was under the impression that feminists hate Wonder Woman because of how Patty and Gal distanced themselves from them and because Gal was an evil Israeli stormtrooper

Not superheroes.

But most fucks think TFA is amazing. Even half if Sup Forums did at first. Imagine how much feminists love it. But it still didn't get this level of political praise.

Odd that they squirt over a hot chick in metal underwear yet don't seem to give a flying fuck about grills that aren't some ridiculous 50s male fantasy. It's not as if its the quality, its fucking capeshit.

>good goys

Well that certainly was a retarded thing to think. Feminists loved this movie, though obviously there's a small outlier who will hate anything. That doesn't excuse your stupidity though.

Now seriously, Wonder Woman is literally the daughter of a god and she isn't as much of a Mary Sue as Rey. I guess they wanted a character that isn't just female but also, you know, a real character.

here ))you(( go big pussy

Will you fuckheads just have sex already and shut the fuck up about this?

You are correct, but Sup Forums can't distinguish between "feminists" who see a female character and they're happy because there's a woman who's also the protagonist of her own movie, and TRUE FEMINIST (4th wave or some shit, aka FUCK CIS WHITE MALES VIVA LA TRANNY) who are always unhappy about everything.

The first group is mostly inoffensive, the second is the scum of the earth.

Why didn't they complain about Rey then? Will they say anything when TLJ comes out? Will they go back and admit TFA was cancer? I doubt it.

Well, since actual feminists complained about WW non being trans, black, fat and disabled, they probably will with Rey.
Imagine Diana being a black obese crippled tranny though, how would that even work.

I would watch for a laugh tbqh. I wish they would release a movie like that just so it would spectacularly bomb. Maybe, just maybe, that'd be the wake up call that nobody likes forced diversity?

This isn't true feminism until Wonderwoman's skirt is shorter

Sarah Conner

Genre matters a lot too.

I think WW got tons of praise for being not only a solid movie but having the first female super hero movie in like a decade, and also the only good one. And there have been like 30 of these movies since iron man kicked off the modern phase.

Sci Fi stuff though has had tons of strong female characters. From the dozens in Star Trek, to Leila, Conner, Ripley, etc. So Rey wasn't as big a deal as WW because Rey broke little new ground.

t. MGTOW

Because identity politics is utter bullshit, when a film is actually good, no one cares who is playing what roles or why... they just are, they just make them their own anyway, they're just dudes playing other dudes and playing them really well.

Fuck the left for trying to ruin what people enjoy just so they can score points.