Reminder that Matrix Revolutions is actually a really good movie but because the mainstream trend is set as ''only the...

Reminder that Matrix Revolutions is actually a really good movie but because the mainstream trend is set as ''only the first movie is good,rest is trash especially the third'' people jump on the bandwagon and trash the 3rd movie for no reason.
Also many of the people that trash it have either never seen it or had seen it many years ago and remember almost nothing from it and then pretend to hate it, just because.

Fuck off Lana, if you would have at least said Reloaded

Why are the machines attacking Zion so fucking dumb? Their assault is conducted in the worst manner possible, forming all the squiddies in those ridiculous tentacle-like swarms flailing all over the place so the humans can shoot at them, and only actually attacking at random intervals and only against one single enemy.

Why does that matter, and how would it add to the movie rather than your own self gratification?

The portrayal of the robots was that it was a force so large that there was literally nothing Zion could've done to stop it. Even when they blow the EMP at the end to kill all the robots, there's still thousands more pouring inside.

I liked the whole trilogy too and didn't understand the scorn for sequels, especially towards The Revolutions. Since I'm lone loser and I don't follow follow-the-trend principle I just shrugged and moved on.

You forgot to say that 3>2

Otherwise perfect post OP.
Also, why didn't the machines leave Earth at any point? They had centuries to do it.

>how would machine a machine intelligence conducting the extermination of humanity, something they'd done 6 times already, in an efficient and logical manner make sense????

well when you put it that way

the big problem with the sequence is it was trying too hard to be cool and ended up just looking stupid. Which causes people to find more reasons it looks stupid.

>dude no one ever comes to dislike anything independently! It all just trend jumping lmao!!

I don't know how shit this one is because Reloaded was shit enough to put me off from watching this.

>didn't even film a Seraph and Smith fight

Fuck off tranny

Agreed. Although I can see why people have a problem with it, I think it's because they view and expect sequels like how Reloaded was as something closer to a stand alone film due to the huge lapse in time between it's prequel. Meanwhile, Revolutions is a direct sequel that begins exactly where the second left off, so Reloaded and Revolutions are halves of a larger singular story. When looked at individually, they're not as strong as they could've been if they were seem as a whole. Having said that, Reloaded has enough of an end that it can manage, but I think the splitting the whole story in half because of time constraints (nobody wants to watch a nearly 4 hour movie) made Revolutions suffer just a bit perhaps.

Reloaded is not shit, its kino compared to the 1st
>better and more action scenes
>more philosophical references
>better CGI,visual effects
It beats the 1st on every level,it got way more to offer than the first.Also the final scene on the 3rd movie is kino and i think a good conclusion to the trilogy

After rewatching them I didn't really like the first as much as the other two, I think the execution of the first was better than the others, but they had better ideas that really made me think.

all the action sequences in the sequels feel like nothing but futile pointless delays. The characters themselves even act as if they recognize this. Because everyone knows the machines can't do anything to really stop the heroes.

>philosophical references
Come on, The Matrix's philosophy is just entry level bullshit. It's not deep, it's not mindblowing. The first one was a hit because it had an engaging story, interesting characters and it revolutionized the way action scenes were shot in Hollywood.
When they tried to go "deep" they just shot themselves in the foot by showing how retarded the whole thing is, and while Reloaded did have some good action sequences, everything else about it was bad.

I watched The Matrix when it came out. The sensation was something else. Then came the sequels and fucked up the sensation forever. They're good, don't get me wrong, but the first, at that time, was special.

gotta agree. seen the 2nd and the 3rd movies few days ago, they actually really good.

OP here. Disregard this post, Matrix Revolutions is actually trash

this is what 90% of people experienced i am sure

The Matrix!

What even happened at the end? Why did all the Smiths die? What was the point of fighting him if he was just gonna let himself get assimilated anyway?

This but for Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Literally every criticism against it is either basic misunderstanding of simple plot points or people whining that it was "too long".

Bump

the 'real world' is just another program

Neo eliminated Smith because he finally understood that without Neo, Smith cannot exist. I think the Architect explained that Neo and Smith are part of an equation that balances itself out. You can't have Neo without having Smith. By assimilating and essentially destroying Neo's code, Smith deleted his own code which means that the clones got deleted too. The point of fighting Smith was so Smith didn't realize his plan. Neo has shown himself to be a formidable opponent, if Neo hadn't put up a fighting, Smith would have known something was fishy

>What even happened at the end?

The Smith program was destroyed from within. The machine that connected Neo to the matrix injected a termination program into Neo after he was assimilated by Smith.

Him fighting Smith was merely a diversion and goad him into assimilating him rather then killing him. If he just walked up to a Smith and asked to be assimilated, then Smith might get a bit suspicious and kill Neo.

why didn't the machines leave Earth at any point? They had centuries to do it.

Its the dark cloud that covers the entire planet, it seems to have an EMP-like effect considering when they fly through it, the hovercraft shuts down.

The only explanation I can think of is that the machines wanted to take a bunch of humans alive. Otherwise they could have just easily nuked Zion.

Was it because Smith became/took over the source to which Neo had to return according to the architect?
Or that Neo was connect via the source and the machines waited to return Neo after smith took him over?
Did the architect also kind of win? The oracle saved the humans, but the architect solved his riddle to update and someday create a new 'problem'.

Thanks in advance.

1. I didn't understand your first question
2. Neo was connected to the source because he was in machine city and no the machines wouldn't return his body, you can see them carrying his corpse into the city.
3. In a sense, yes. Humans that want to live in the Matrix still live in the Matrix only now they have the choice to leave or not. Since many people are too dependent on the system this means that the Matrix won't be completely empty. However some have theorized that there are layers to the Matrix and that "the real world" where Zion is is just another layer, so maybe that's what the architect meant by "solved his riddle to update and someday create a new problem"

Thanks again.
The first question was an OR on the second so you answered it.

It was nothing. IMO, Reloaded and Revolutions answered dangling plot threads left by the first one but were overall weaker. They had some cool fight scenes but the effects have aged and some of the characters and plot points come out of nowhere

Yeah but they had centuries to come up with a workaround.

Yes, it also plays nicely with the question "You have found the cheatcodes, now how can you still play a nice game without ruining it?"
The aging effects make the coming VR pandemic nicely integrate into it.

All three movies are utter shit consisting of nothing but bad cgi and stolen ideas. If you like any of them unironically you have lost all control of your castrated life.

Welcome to Sup Forums, my person.

this. neo represented a crack in the machine's control, and a glimmer of hope for humanity. after that, the whole concept of "the one" was shit on, leading to a convoluted mess about how the one is the remainder of an equation and that everything is basically decided by fate.

If every human in the matrix died when Smith assimilated everyone. Zion would be the only ones left. So that would actually make sense.