'Man of Steel' Anniversary

Today is the four year anniversary of Zack Snyder's epic retelling of Supermans origin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg
youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
youtube.com/watch?v=rPhBW1NcMRM&list=PLA_B4L6BX-bpN7UFEQpwurMeqDMBxE65S
screenrant.com/star-wars-8-trailer-man-of-steel-superman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it still sucks

This is the best superhero movie ever made.

I don't think this will ever be topped, after BvS was such a disappointment, and Whedon has been given the reigns to JL.

>Flag Day/U.S. Army Birthday
>Trump Birthday
>Snyderkino Day

What does it all mean??

unironically the greatest superhero film of the last decade

I agree. I'm torn between it and BvS.

It's a geniune coming of age story. Snyder's love of the American core family is a refreshing break from the standard Hollywood stories portraying sterile relationships in sterile worlds.

>M A N T E E L

BvS is nowhere near as good
>No Krypton prologue
>No first flight
>No badass villain with depth

Today, four years ago was the official birth of capekino.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

I disagree, but I'd rather not get into a discussion about it in an MoS appreciation thread.

Instead, I have a question for you and fellow fans:

Do you guys have someone in your life, living or dead, whose wisdom is becoming more apparent to you as you grow older?

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

You failed him in life. Don't fail him in death.

And it's a 6/10. Truly the worst genre in film

One of the best cape moves ever.

plebeians identified

Never.

This looks like shit in black and white

where is this gallery? i must go there

>he hasn't experienced the film a minimum three viewings in kinocolour
I repeat: plebeian identified

Stop memeing

Good ol' Zack standing up for men's health behind the camera and before it.

On a peak in the Andes. Only the chaddest of DChads ever make it to the top. Once you're up there, you have to defeat a succession of 12 progressively stronger Costners in single combat and tests of wisdom before you can even perceive the entrance.

The couple in the picture were granted entry by virtue of a rare planetary alignment.

woah nice computer effects. Do you like sw prequels as well?

Man of Shit

Are these mouseshills going to embarrass themselves for yet another 300 posts?

For sure

Thread soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=rPhBW1NcMRM&list=PLA_B4L6BX-bpN7UFEQpwurMeqDMBxE65S

Four years since PURE KINO

why didn't superman just stop the invisible S?

>capeshitter with cognitive dissonance
Pottery

MORTAL KOMBAAAAT

i will do this, even if it kills me. glory unto Snyder.

>mouseshill with stock reaction image and greentext
Never change

gave me kinoskin senpai

cringe

>still has cognitive dissonance
Keep defending an overproduced toy commercial, user.

>I love feature length ads for IHOP
Such artistic integrity. Makes me want to run out and buy a slurpee from 7-11.

very cool

Godspeed, brother. May the light of our Lord shine upon thee and may you find your place in the sun.

I stayed away from it when it was first released because I thought it might be shit, but I finally watched it this year and...it...was...really good. Hell I watched it on TV with commercials which adds like 40 minutes viewing time, something I never do, but I found the film so gripping that I could look away. The sheer awe of it all, truly good stuff. I know Snyder often trades spectacle for real plot development, but this is a fucking Superman movie. Spectacle is a must, and Snyder delivered. I am a bit biased because I have seen all of Zach Snyder's movies and I met him on the set of BvS but I've never been a superman fan and I never thought he was a good choice for director of a super film so I entered the viewing fairly impartial. But everything was good. The acting was good, the characters and motivated were good, the score was good, the cinematography was good, the fighting coordination was good,and the CGI while not the best still created breathtaking scenes of an otherworldly nature. My criticisms of the film are the color grading, which as many have said is kinda lifeless and cold, Amy fucking Adams who I hate in any movie, and the globalist undertones of rejecting your own family and your people (Zod) but even though I personally didn't agree with Superman's choice his inner conflict was well defined enough to make me enjoy the drama between Zod and Kal-el without thinking about politics at all.

Good stuff. 8.2/10. Anyone seen the fanedit where they correct the color to a more vivid tone?

Keep desperately attempt to reduce a whole genre to Disney's disgustingly low levels. You would love that.

I miss her so bad, bros.

Sorry if facts make you feel bad, user. You should probably stop trying to intellectualise a children's story and move on to something slightly more challenging.

What were the metaphysical implications of this pure kinematography by Zack "Daddy" Snyder?

This movie made me appreciate Superman as a character, even more than I already did.

Yeah, I really felt torn after I watched both movies.

Exactly doing what I just said. A desperate attempt to pull everyone in Disney's disgusting standards. Your script is predictable and nobody falls for it.

A comment on the "too big to fail" idea that politicians were pushing at the time, adding biting political commentary to an already great kino

>MoS World Engine Forceps.jpg
ahkshually

>coming of age story
Superman was in his fucking 30s.
That's the biggest issue with the movie. He was a grown man but he acted like a teen faggot.
I guess that's why so many NEETs on Sup Forums like it.

It has flashbacks to his childhood and youth you dense fuck.

>four years since Man of Steel
>four years since this board went to shit
What a coincidence!

4 years...damn 4 years ago i actually had friends and was a lot more thinner...

We're talking about a movie based on picture books written for kids and young teens here user. It says a whole lot about a movie when the only comparisons someone defending it makes is to Marvel shit.

I don't like the movie very much but this whole sequence was really great.

Damn this marlel bot is starting to malfunction. We get it. Being used to MCU trash, you're used to kids TV-like films.

No it's not. (((They))) are literally stealing Snyder's work while shunning him at the same time

screenrant.com/star-wars-8-trailer-man-of-steel-superman/

Even more to the point, it's sending a message about real maturity and the beginnings of wisdom. The Superman, by virtue of being the single most powerful character, must also be the wisest, because his decisions and actions can literally shape the world.

Even by the end of MoS, he's only just barely coming to understand the lessons of his childhood, and that's not just true of him, that's true of almost anyone who grew up with good parents.

In my case, I lost my dad right about the same time I was old enough to not think of him as a total idiot.

Thank you for proving exactly what I just said. Case closed, you're a fucking dunce.

This but dont worry it will get shilled endessly

>(((They)))
Are you aware (((they))) also created and own Superman?

Yes, but he was still acting like a teenager in the current scenes, and he didn't become Superman until he was in his 30s and going bald.

That's not the only film it's happening in, either.

snyder's kents aren't good parents, yo

not to mention this superman has been insanely depowered.

It's unavoidable, just like Citizen Kane's techniques were copied so often they are now ubiquitous

Not all *that* depowered.

If you don't think the Kents were good parents, maybe you can answer this simple question for me:

What do you owe the world?

The difference being that only other artistically bankrupt garbage is copying Snyder

Why do you bother? He's gonna deflect every criticism with le Marvel anyway

Why can't we just have one thread where we talk about why we like MoS and shitters don't come in talking about things they don't like about MoS? I just want to hang with my Snyderbros and not have to constantly defends the movie against the same objections every single time

How do Marvelfaggots justify this? They are so obsessed with him every way and now their precious marlel is now poorly copying him shamelessly.

If you want a circlejerk about capeshit you should probably go to reddit

For the film's anti-globalist messages Alex Jones gave it 9/10 Liberty Horses IIRC

So given what we understand about what's going on in the DC world, how much information on its past do you think the Scoutship had?

Sup Forums isn't your little liberal hugbox you liberal Sup Forums fucking plebbitor
Fucking Swedish pajeet neets that weren't even here when this trash came out

Any work of significance will have detractors who are afraid of the change that it will bring

That's not a spider so the Kevin Smith meme doesn't apply

You have to realize this is a group of very sad Marvel shills who have been utterly humiliated the past few months in every way possible and this is the only way they can vent their complete failure.

Take a dose of shilling and mix it with mental illness and you got a lifetime supply of "epic" Evansposters. It's literally the same three people aswell.

It's a superhero movie

How do you justify this? Oh and everytime you cry to them to save you its just a warning, princess
They're on real Sup Forumss side against you capeshills

Oh, hi Socratic retard. Thought you'd fucked off.

You managed to convince anyone that superman represents islam?

And Apocalypse Now is just another war flick.

seeEvery time you deflect legitimate criticism your stupidity increases.

>people trying to say a power fantasy movie for children is high art

this is a maymay right?

Yeah, several people, actually.

That wasn't even Socratic leading, by the way. It was a legitimate question. Feel free to sack up and answer it at any time.

Remember Sup Forums this guy is behind 90% of marvel and DC threads
He's a swedish pajeet and spends 16 hours a day here and on /vg/ shilling

No, it isn't. Man of Steel is still juvenile garbage though.

whats that thing about people who praise shit dismissing the value of actual art? I can't quite remember.

Poe's Law

You should have been here when this trash released. This Sup Forums cancer use to say its just like how one would play with action figures which is why it's good. This pretending they know about art is a step up for appearances

I'm confused as to why you'd think martha telling clark he doesn't owe the world anything is good parenting. So much so the question seems completely loaded.

Also they were all me. You worked so hard on your retarded theory I wanted to give you some encouragement and keep you posting. I was drinking.

>They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

Sure it is. You can trivialize anything. By the same token, you can find merit in anything, too. It's just with MoS, you don't even have to look hard to find it. All you need to do is grow up a little bit and stop applying outmoded templates as metrics of criticism.

I was here for that, that I can understand. Enjoying CGI people smash into each other and knock over block towers and stuff is a perfectly valid reason to enjoy these shitshows. As that is their primary focus.

Those people aren't in these threa... (four years) oh fuck they are here, its the same people, they just got older and read a philisophy 101 booklet for some high school class and instantly think of the DCEU

>DC Movie released 4 years ago still draws great passion and debate on this board
>Marvel movies released last year forgotten and rarely discussed

Is Snyder truly the second coming of Kubrick? I think so