Is there any sci-fi better than this?
Please suggest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g
youtu.be/pJmuHNDcXLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Say pretty please

"Pretty"

Unfortunately not. I was just thinking about doing a rewatch too.

sg-1 till macgyver leaves

ds9 after season 1

it is the best

also Caprica is plebfilter. Morman space cult terrorists, gay space mafia, matrix whores.

show was great and got canceled for ghost hunters season 17. fuck syfy

But it has plot threads dropped half way through because of the writers strike and the new writers were incompetent. It's a shame but the show is absolute shit because of it.

I agree. I couldn't stand Caprica more than 10mins.

>there was never a gunner crew episode

gay

>sg-1
stop reading there, and op got the perfect answer

>program intended to show the origins of the Cybernetic Lifeform Node and the beginnings of the Cylon war
>we get family angst, theologists quibbling, the Internet and some gangster shit
You're right. It is a plebfilter.
If you watched it for more than 2 episodes, you're a pleb

Babylon 5

you miss understand I am saying that I LIKED Caprica. fucking pleb

Star Trek DS9

literally lynched. You probably hate twin peaks season 3 too

>no air in space
>somehow there is still flames of explosion

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

>what is a chemical oxidizer

Hard to be better than Galactica, but you should definitely see The Expanse. Loved BSG, loving The Expanse.

Don't give such obvious trolls (You)s

OP here. Thanks guys. I'll check these. BTW, I'm still open to suggestions.

farscape, Babylon 5

Battlestar Galactica is the best space-ship-sci-fi show, Person of Interest is the best non-space-ship-sci-fi show. The intro to the show gives you a tl;dr:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g

Fair warning though, it's a stealth sci-fi, it starts out with The Machine as being basically a plot device, but by season 4 it's full cyberpunk.

what

"With a cherry on top"
>Why use a wormhole weapon
>Why not a blackhole weapon
>racism

Farscape is fun, but it's not better than BSG. The only true contender we have nowadays is The Expanse.

Watch SG-1 and SGU, if you don't mind older stuff check out Babylon 5, it was ambitious but was trying to do more than it could.

Red Dwarf is more of a comedy but it is solid sci-fi too.

Hey, OP here, thanks man. I heard Person of Interest many times however, I didn't watch it. Dunno why.

One question, is it really sci-fi or is it somewhere between crime/action/and sci fi?

What is this post supposed to convey?

>person of interest
>not sense8
Yes I know, it's extremely gay, but it's still good.

NO

>person of interest
>not sense8
Yes I know, it's extremely gay, but it's still good. You can trust me user, search your feelings.

that fact alone makes it trash

boring. literally dropped by second episode.

Like I say, it's a stealth sci-fi, with the rest being action/crime procedural stuff, like CSI but not terrible. Most of season 1, The Machine is just a plot device to tell them someone is in trouble, but as they go about saving people, others take notice of The Machine and try and kill it / control it / make their own version of it. Eventually, The Machine will become a character, and I don't want to spoil more than that because it's just great.

Ok, thanks. Let's give it a try. Adding to my list.

You got filtered pleb, The Last Jedi is coming out soon, that's probably more your speed.

Babylon 5 is surprisingly good once you get past the childish props, costumes etc..

>comparing bullshit galactica to twin peaks
off yourself degenerate

I think it was pretty much implied that the guns were somewhat automated. The bridge was the only crew needed to operate them. So basically a couple of crew members there probably monitored them and made sure they were operating as expected; maybe even focused their fire and optimized for certain conditions.

I'm more concerned with the lack of custodial staff: just who the hell cleaned that place?

its great the Lando Gkar dou is unmatched.
youtu.be/pJmuHNDcXLQ

The small chain guns are automated but you can see there are domes for a person to look through between the barrels of all the large guns, I can't tell if there's anyone in there though.

And it works like any boat at sea, the lowest ranked petty officers cleaned up. I'm sure you see some of the knuckledraggers with mops and such. And Adama has a bunch of staff that seem to just wait on him ("Jaffy brings me coffee")

YES.

Are all of you memeing me? BSG was the worst fucking sci fi show I've ever seen in my life.

Outside of everyone talking in an annoying hushed whisper making some people entirely incomprehensible and the sets being made out of pegboard, the fucking retarded plot and final episode should've quelled all doubt that the show is shit.

We're talking about the newer one, right?

Yes, we're talking about the newer reboot.

You have shit taste.
Perhaps you would prefer the one where the Cylons attack LA in 70s?

I watched through the entire reboot with some friends of mine and it was unanimous that the show was nonredeemable shit. From the sets, to the contrived OH NO YOU CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE A CYLON FROM A HUMAN to the fucking way the people spoke to one another. The camera work was also horrible. Everything about the fucking show was terrible. Utterly terrible.

>with some friends of mine
This where I know you're trolling.

It's the only sci-fi show i really like because it puts the interpersonal conflicts front and center and not the space magic type tech or progressive social politics.

>being this wrong on a Mauritian animal husbandry forum

Rethink your life.
Yes the last season wasn't all that great and yes the finale was weak as shit. The rest of your """opinion""" is straight contrarian trash.

>OH NO YOU CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE A CYLON FROM A HUMAN
Yes, that would be a legitimite and grave concern.

Watch it again in 5 or 10 years and maybe your opinion will be different.

>everyone talking in an annoying hushed whisper
Other than William "Husker" Adama, who?

>the sets being made out of pegboard
Okay. So is the problem that they didn't waste money? It makes sense to have a way to secure stuff to the walls on a space ship without welding it in place.

>the fucking retarded plot and final episode
I smell a Fedora

>contrived
>How dare they deliberately write a show about robots looking like humans?!
What did you mean by this, seriously?

>The camera work was also horrible
It's not all directed by the same person. The ones Adama directed were great.

Favorite BSG scene?

>Forget which episode
>A number 5 model cylon is on the bridge of the galactica posing as a human
>Baltar comes in, starts making weird faces and off hand comments to her.
>She addresses him in front of everyone
>he thinks she's the 5 in his head, ignores her
>slowly realizes she's real, and what that implies about the safety of the ship but he can't tell anyone.

God I miss that wacky show.

That's how I feel too, every character in Battlestar Galactica is real, and flawed, and it makes them feel so alive. That's why Final Cut is one of my favourite episodes

>but he can't tell anyone
I didn't like that Baltar didn't realise he could say something like:

>Oh my Lord of Kobol! This woman is identical to my assistant who died during the attacks on Caprica! Someone arrest her and look up her military file from when she got clearance to access all your data!
He could then pretend to work out that she must be a Cylon and he had been ignorant of their plan.

>OH NO YOU CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE A CYLON FROM A HUMAN
That's your big strife? It's not that unbelievable that tech can achieve an exact copy of humans, given enough time and practice.

The biggest issue with the show was by far the "final 5" bit. Bunch of forced shit they could have done without. Should have just been a couple hidden ones (general Tigh and the Chief), which nobody knows of until near the very end (the big "we've done this before" reveal). None of the cylons or humans should have known about them either; let them rediscover themselves as they come to their previous planet (their previous self's planet). Maybe nobody else ever knows about them either (though maybe Adama gets to have one last talk with Sigh, though the Chief stays hidden?).

the expanse is about as good as it gets for sci fi right now, there isn't much else on the same level.

I know about farming

It would draw suspicion towards Baltar (though he already had that due to his character) and he would be questioned (like, was your assistant responsible for the attack/blast? Did you leak any classified info to her?). Not to mention he didn't know if she knew what he knew.

The entire Tomb of Athena scene always gives me goosebumps. Runners up:

>"Humanity's children are returning home. Today."
>Roslin/The Captain on the radio and finding out she's the president
>The Battle of Ragnar
>The 33 minutes montages
>Shooting down the Olympic Carrier
>The dinner party with Ellen Tigh
>Webm related, obviously
>Cally finds out the truth about The Chief
>"I've been to Earth"
>The entire finale from start to finish, especially Adama's monologue

It's all so fucking good. I've probably missed loads but that's a wall of text already.

after they learned that earth was a pile of shit why didn't they just go back to fucking kobol...? they make a big deal out of finding a habitable planet yet they know exactly where kobol is

Is that an official poster? If so, embarrassing.

I appreciate their treatment of a space vehicle in atmosphere. Much better than other "war in stars" movies that allow space vehicles to maneuver like trick planes in atmosphere.

>they know exactly where kobol is
So do the Cylons though, and they're hiding from Cavil at that point. Also, they've gone so far out of their way, and they found out that the Galactica was FUBAR before they decided what to do.

>space gimmicks for autism
>with primetime-tier shitty drama and identity politics
>ass pull ending

Just as bad as the expanse. They're both for autists who identify as space enthusiasts.

let me guess you watch dark matter lol

But there is literally nothing better out there for your "space enthusiasts". BSG and the Expanse are the best offerings.

My favorite scifi show. Probably never be remade tho

Are you honestly kidding? Do you have any concept of how much energy it would take to warp space? It blow the hemisphere off. A repulsorlift drive or any depiction of a spaceship hovering without destroying everything underneath of it is equally bad.

Babylon 5, better long running plot/complex characters.

I don't watch sci fi. I read lots though.

Space enthusiasts are people who think they know a lot about space while possessing no formal education on the matter. That's all. BSG and the Expanse are just primetime dramas. The Expanse was designed specifically for the WWE audience.

>a spaceship hovering
There was no hover in that webm, just free fall. Your "warping space" and "repulsorlift drive" nonsense is just that, nonsense. Don't expect some kind of reality in made up/theoretical technology; you come off sounding just as stupid.

As far as drama goes the first three seasons are pure kino

it gets a little LOST up it's own ass and ends with a literal asspull. but the journey is worth it.

also, space artillery.

Cleopatra 2525 is the best scifi show ever!

>the WWE audience.
Like the stampede wrastling? Your delusional af.

But you did nothing to counter my point: there is literally nothing better.

>it's just a movie, lol.

Like the Expanse. Nothing about that show is realistic either.

The only thing not accounted for is how the Battlestar displaces particles occupying the space of the ship.

If you're in a void it's not as big an issue, I think the ship and crew would over time accumulate defects and foreign elements in their bodies. space is only like 99.99% empty.

yes this guys right, only physicists should be allowed to write, read, and watch sci fi

>there is literally nothing better.

On tv, of course there wouldn't be. TV audiences are very simple minded, especially the ones who watch the sci fi channel. The expanse aired just before WWE, so that's the audience they aimed for.

what the hell are you talking about, before WWE? so all shows that come on before WWE are only there to get people ready to watch WWE

lol wtf is this

>The expanse aired just before WWE, so that's the audience they aimed for.
Where the fuck is the WWE and the Expanse on the same channel

otherwise what the fuck are you even talking about you absolute tool

I don't see why you're upset that it's unrealistic.

Yeah even if they somehow mitigated the energy of the "jump" the ship appearing in the air would force out all the other air which would heat it more than an atomic bomb would.

The pressure change from all the air rushing into the space that the ship occupied when it jumped out would probably kill the people on the ground below it. Instant worst hurricane ever for a moment.

>Tv channels don't organize their time blocks, they want people to only tune in for one hour of their advertising.
Seems a good way to go out of business.

Syfy.

>On tv, of course there wouldn't be.
>on a board dedicated to Sup Forums

Wut? Are you implying there is something better online or thru netflix/amazon/hulu/etc? Because I think your full of shit. There is most definitely better literary sources, but this isn't /lit/

There was a medium before television.

>the ship appearing in the air would force out all the other air which would heat it more than an atomic bomb would.
That's assuming the jump is not instantaneous. If the ship as a whole is instantly transported to that location, there's no time for the air to get out of the way. I would think any particulate matter would be assimilated or wind up in the ship's atmosphere. This would limit the technology to unpolluted space, probably deep space if it's to be used with any regularity.

Or maybe the ship "unzips" from a singularity, which is kind of what it looks like. In which case you are probably right.

But if you want best television live-action science fiction. Babylon 5 would have to be it. Battlestar is Once Upon A Time "In Space".

so go read a book and jerk off on /lit/?

>SyFy airs the WWE now
>mfw
I am so glad I don't have cable

>there's no time for the air to get out of the way

There is no such thing as "instantaneous", for one. But if the air could not get away then it would fuse with the hull and that would result in a tremendous ball of plasma where the ship and a good chunk of the continent used to be.

this. B5 is the greatest sci fi show ever made

>identity politics
"If we identify you as a Cylon: airlock" is not identity politics.

>whos a cylon is he a cylon no hes not a cylon but now he is a cylon he was one all along what about her is she a cylon the chief sure loves her nah shes not a cylon really no she isnt okay he is now god exists heres earth the end.

>whos a cylon is he a cylon no hes not a cylon but now he is a cylon he was one all along what about her is she a cylon the chief sure loves her nah shes not a cylon really no she isnt okay he is
That's not identity politics either, that's paranoia

>now god exists heres earth the end.
And I don't know how you think that relates to it, but the religious aspects of Battlestar were signposted from day 1, and I don't know how you can watch the season 3 finale and not realise something supernatural is going on, even if you missed the confirming that Head Six and Head Baltar aren't hallucinations or implants.

>SyFy airs the WWE now
They don't.

>Babylon 5
To be fair, I haven't really gotten into that, but it seems to amateurish. Maybe that's just the first few episodes though? Also, shows that over do other species, and yet they all look like cheap human costumes, are fucking eye sores. Nothing realistic about infinte alien diversity, yet all looking like off colored humans with funky hair.

>The only thing not accounted for is how the Battlestar displaces particles occupying the space of the ship.
They do later though, space collapses at the point of a FTL jump and when Boomer kidnaps the kid she jumps while right next to the Galactica and it rips off the hull near her jump point.

>has a great story
>buhh these costumes and graphics look like they had a tv budget!

Yeah that's why television science fiction is the worst it's ever been. TV audiences won't watch it unless it has shiny fidget spinner graphics and gimmicks, those cost a lot of money, so the show has to appeal to "all audiences" to have a chance of recouping the costs.

nothing wrong wwith dark matter, faggot

The fact that supernatural exists doesn't mean a Deus ex Machina stops being bad writing.

Also the ending was scientifically retarded since the starmaps on Kobol and flags of the colonies obviously showed the modern skymap of Earth, not the one it had 150 000 years ago.

that's as much a sci-fi show as power rangersi s

there's nothing wrong with it if you have 0 taste in females

/thread

I've never seen battlestar but SG-1 is my favourite of all time. SG: Atlantis was also very very good and SGU started off badly but started getting interesting before they cancelled it. Firefly was also ridiculously good, probably my second favourite of all time.

I just started watching DS9 and struggled through the first episode. The next few episodes were better and I'm getting into it. Looking forward to season 2 now

>Deus ex Machina
This is usually applied to actual asspulls, Kara's storline took literally 2 years to play out, you'd have to be a fucking idiot not to realise what happened as soon as she came back from the dead

>scientifically retarded
Stars are not stationary, and the original Earth was very close to their home Earth, again, as you see in the season 3 finale.