Miss me boys?

>Fox has formalized plans for Dark Phoenix, the next installment of the X-Men franchise. This all just happened, but they’ve formalized Simon Kinberg as director, and the studio set a release date of Friday, November 2, 2018. Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee are all reprising when production begins in Montreal. At the same time, Jessica Chastain is in talk to join the cast in a new role.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/06/x-men-dark-phoenix-jennifer-lawrence-michael-fassbender-james-mcavoy-simon-kinberg-1202113290/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kinberg has never directed a movie before. What could possibly go wrong?

If they're approaching or are in the 90s for the next film, why doesn't Sophie look like Famke yet?

>Jennifer Lawrence
OH GOD DAMN IT DIDN'T SHE QUIT? FUCKING SHIT
Timeline got reset don't worry about it

i always look forward to these movies

JUST

Great, more MYSTIQUE MEN FEATURING JEAN GREY.

>JEAN GREY

You mean Boy George

how are they going to do this without wolverine?

in this timeline jean grey can also shapeshift into boy george

terribly.

>Jennifer Lawrence
>Sophie Turner
Fuck these shitty meme actresses

First Class worked without Wolverine

doesn't matter what you call her, she's gonna overdose on crack before it's halfway through production anyway.

Wolverine is central to the Dark Phoenix story though. He wasn't needed for more than a cameo in First Class.

X-23 will be central to it now.

will this be another movie where Quicksilver could solve every issue in the blink of an eye(literally) but he'll just be retarded for most of it?

Never read the comic but he wasn't important in the Cartoon version of it.

that gif made me raff out roud

They'll have to make up some bullshit excuse just like Xavier.

>Wolverine is central to the Dark Phoenix story though
No he's not. Cyclops is.

>already tried to do Dark Phoenix and it was a horrible failure
>already fucked Phoenix up in Apocalypse
>have a really shitty actor for Jean Grey

how can this not be a failure?

not so much.

>Phoenix storyline without Shiar Empire

Why?

please stop making x men movies. please. i'm asking very nicely.

Because it's stupid.

first class was pretty decent how did they fuck up this badly with the last 2 movies

Can we at least get them wearing their actual blue and yellow costumes from the comics please?

But Days of Future Passed was great, only Apocalypse was shit.

She can't quit anymore. Her agent explained to her that her career is on the decline

But Logan was great

>Simon Kinberg as director
this guy is a fucking hack, this is going to be terrible

but she hasn't been born yet

Superior Mystique coming through.

Nice fucking source, reddit.
Kill yourself.

>Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult
I am sold. Obviously it's going to suck like all the other xmen movies but both are good actors, making it solid 2h of brainless entertainment as a free stream. Wonder if they manage to beat the Quicksilver scene.

They are ridiculous.

>Miss me boys?
Not really, I remember you but I never missed you, that's probably because we never hanged out and you never invited me to go out and have dinner with you.

>when you already have cashed the cow beyond salvation

Brian Singer came back and ruined it. LOL fuck these new characters imma kill them all off screen.

>No Lilandra
>No M'Kran Crystal
>No D'Ken
>No Gladiator
>No Imperial Guard
>No Corsair
WHY BOTHER?

>3 X-men movies
>3 Wolverine movies
>3 First Class movies
And now a 4th First Class movie.
Way to fuck up the trilogies.

Michael Bay's first feature was Bad Boys. Now he churns out kinos on the reg.

No Quicksilver?

Fassbender and JLaw really phoned it in on the last one.

Well, they didn't have a lot to work with in the first place. I was more upset of the total waste they did with Oscar Isaac.

i thought jlaw was sick of x-me

Can we stop doing fucking Dark Phoenix movies already. Jesus. There's a bunch of other X-Men and a bunch of other stories. Why? Why do they always come back to this fucking story?

>Implying Bad Boys isn't great, or The Rock, or a bunch of other Bay shit
Look man we all know Transformers is a big mainstream joke but don't pretend Bay isn't a god.

I'm sure that bag of money she gets makes it easier to deal with. Who knows, she might still be under contractual obligations. She was a literal who when she signed on for the role.

>another hastily made attempt to get away with as little as possible just like apocalypse

cant wait for another train wreck

They are in. Chastain is supposed to play Lilandra. I expect their characterization to be like GOTG though.

Dark Phoenix isn't an interesting story.

>Another film version of a high stakes confrontation where there will be no repercussions we care about because we never got to actually grow attached to someone like Jean Grey or Cyclops
What did greedy studio executives mean by this

>tye Sheridan
>Jessica chastising
Didn't they fuck irl

I like fassbender, and magneto, but can we fuck off with the character for a little bit.
Or do a road trip movie with mckellan and stewart where they are just old and grumpy and use their powers to scam free soup and win at bingo.

Fuck off

I'm more hyped for S2 of Legion

It is when you have a build up of two years going into it, not when you only have the final scene of a movie.

>Logan was great
Explain why without using the word 'loli'.

>tfw turns out to be the first of the Dark Phoenix trilogy

Emotional low key story with characters we've seen for a decade getting a somber but hopeful sendoff.
They need to give hugh jacked man an executive producer spot for fox's capeshit properties.

why are these new xmen movies so cheap?

they are literally cobbled together in 10 months and look like garbage

I really wish this to be more like First Class and Days of Future Past instead of Apocalypse but Kinberg has never directed anything before and he's the guy who wrote The Last Stand, Fant4stic and Apocalypse. This does not look good, Fox, what the fuck are you doing?

Didn't Magneto and Prof X only agree to do more movies if Jennifer Laurence got a pay raise? Total cucks. X-Men is terrible. Maybe that r rated horror spinoff will be good. In spite of X-Men.

- nice slow pace
- strong focus on the characters
- fights had a larger point instead of just "lol punch villain"
- great goodbye to beloved characters

You're all just mad that the X-Men films cater to women/gay men by having a veritable buffet of cute boys and no decent waifus in sight.

>Jennifer Lawrence

Dropped. She is a terrible Mystique.

>cute boys
are you referring to Ellen Page?

>Jennifer Lawrence

JUST FUCKING DROP HER

She's easily worst boy, user.

>Fox expects Sophie Turner to carry three movies

WEW

The wolverine alone part is pretty cool, but lets be honest, they're not doing hellfire club. Mr.Sinister or some other asshole will be a throw away villain that entices jean to go evil, quicksilver will be the one to save the defeated x-men and then the shi'ar will show up.

The trilogy was always fucked when part 2 of their movie was part 4 of another movie. DOFP wasn't a proper sequel to first class because it was also a sequel to last stand.

the prequel series has gone to shit.
call me when New Mutants comes out

So many inbred genes and missing chromosomes in one picture.

so much cuteness

because the director is an enormous faggot, not because they're any good

The husbandos in this movie are cute.
CUTE!!

This is true.
I still consider it part of the First Class trilogy though.

deadline.com/2017/06/x-men-dark-phoenix-jennifer-lawrence-michael-fassbender-james-mcavoy-simon-kinberg-1202113290/