Alright Sup Forums...

Alright Sup Forums, let's admit Barry Allen is the best surrogate father and mentor in DCU and his sidekick turned out to be the only cool hero from the third generation out of all Titans.

Best surrogate father who killed his surrogate son and his surrogate son's kids because he was sad his mom died, sure.

Barry's playing make up after being the worst ever.

It wasn't him though, it was Manhattan who ruined Wally's life.

Besides he really is the best mentor out of all leaguers, considering Wally grew up to save the universe in the end.

accurate

he did nothing wrong and Wally became best Flash only because of his influence

Say what you will but Barry is the one who caused Flashpoint, even if Manhattan fucked with it at the end. Barry made the universe where Wally's kids were never born and he gets killed by Captain/Citizen Cold.

Novice time travel that ruins a universe is not "nothing wrong." Manhattan didn't do that part.

he was basically mindraped by Mirror Master which is what fucked his emotions enough for Flashpoint to happen

did nothing wrong

Sounds like a shitty excuse for a superhero.

Flashpoint itself is all Barry's fault, Manhattan's just responsible for fucking the DCU after Barry tried to fix the timeline to how it was before.

Barry coming back is what ruined Wally's life and career so nah. Even after Rebirth Wally's still just sequestered to a dang Titans book, which we all know is cursed to be garbage.

Meanwhile Barry's sitting happy with his own double shipping book and in the double shipping JL.

No.

Also Hal lied and Barry is to blame

Wallyfags get deeply offended when somebody suggests another Flash is equal to or better than Wally in any aspect.

Even now when their "muh Wally" came back, they are still mad.
Even when Wally tells Barry it wasn't his fault, they are still mad.
Even when Barry makes Wally canon again, they are still mad.

Wallyfags do not know happiness, only anger.

> implying that's in Barry's hands.

I'm a Wallyfag but the reason why he became the greatest Flash is Barry's mentorship. That puts Barry ahead of Batman.

>Even when Wally tells Barry it wasn't his fault, they are still mad.

It's Johns shifting blame

What happened with Manhattan? Its been awhile since I read Flashpoint. I never got into Watchmen so can someone fill me in.

The nu52 is all Manhattan's fault

Johns makes Barry the biggest killed in the DC universe
Then years later he wants to blame Moore

Wally pulled a similar stunt when Zoom killed his twins and nothing happened. Barry couldn't have known the result and he was fixing it, anyway.

Barry never wished harm on his surrogate son, Didio did.

Manhattan fucked off and played god

and stole ten years from the DCU during Flashpoint and made the new 52

If you want to pin in it on meta reasons blame editorial for taking what was going to be just bad alt future in a Flash led event and retooling it for a company wide reboot

I guess he ran out of space bugs to blame

nah, i'm good. I'm more mad that Booth is drawing him

Barry's existence, which obviously is editorial mandate, makes Wally forever #2. All that character development we know and love doesn't really matter in a world where he's cursed to permanently be Barry's second fiddle.

That's kind of the point. Barry's back so of course he gets The Flash book. Barry's back so of course he's in the JL. All that stuff about Wally being his equal -- or even surpassing him -- is lip service once the real deal shows up.

It was all a lie. Thawne and Zolomon were right. Wally is no Barry.

Booth is truly the greatest Flash family enemy

Wally's demise started when they decided they were going with Barry in the future and undercut Waid, then replaced Waid with garbage fill ins while waiting for Barry to step into the Flash title.

Flashpoint wasn't even close to the real death of Wally West. Flash Rebirth mark 1 was.

OP here, I'm talking about in-universe and none of you disproved me yet.

>blame editorial

I do, and i also blame Johns he is the writter of the story.

In universe Barry came back and took Wally's job as Central City's protector and his spot on the Justice League. He then proceeded to talk to him twice, both times because Wally forced him to (one was an intervention and the other one was coming in to help in Blackest Night) but otherwise acted like he didn't exist and didn't want to talk to him.

Barry's been 100% shit to Wally since coming back with the exception of this giant half hearted apology in DCU Rebirth where Wally's still in the exact place he was in the last universe -- demoted to the Titans and waiting around for something important to do that will never come. Because anything important is going to be Barry's job..

user he came back from dead, that's kinda a shaky issue. Also he didn't replace Wally on JL, Jesse did.

My points are Barry being a great father to Wally and thanks to this he didn't became a one note character. If it was up to Wally, he would have quit for college and live in Nebraska as a farmer for the rest of his life.

Wally is still OP as fuck and that's also mainly thanks to Barry's mentorship.

Can we leave the bitterness behind for a second?

most wallyfags can't

Wally came back from the dead like 6 times and all he wanted to do was spend more time with his loved ones. Shit excuse.

Jesse did not replace Wally on the JL, what? Wally was in McDuffie's JL before being kicked off because of "my kids are taking up too much of my time!" which is just editorial hogwash to move him off the team.

I mean we all know what the deal was. It's part of the series of events that made DCU Rebirth necessary in the first place -- Wally deliberately being buried so Barry could step into his spot and be the real Flash. Because that's just it -- so long as Barry is around Wally's always the B-team guy.

yeah just pulled it up, JLA #32 has Wally resigning and the very next page shows a giant "FLASH REBIRTH" ad. Fucking subtle.

Barry, in the days that Ollie had Roy, Arthur had Garth, Bruce had Dick (before Jason and the Death Sweepstakes, Tim, etc.) and Hal had no one, yes, definitely Barry was the best of the (and anyone else I've forgotten) as far as being a mentor goes.

Plus Wally had a crappy home life, so yes, in some respects as a mentor he was a surrogate date. But best at that? Not really sure about that. It feels like Ollie turned around and did right by Roy once Conner was accepted, etc.

If this was tumbluh, you'd get all these fan girls claiming Bruce is actually best dad and the bat brats are best super family.

You should be blaming The Cereal King for this.

Especially for this.

Ollie is a horrible dad, probably only Alan Scott is worse

I blame Wally's lagging sales

Hal probably thought he was smart not taking a protege to avoid being replaced. Well jokes on him, Earths got more lanterns than most galaxies probably do by this point.

>Hal had no one

Hal's trained new recruits before

and there was his niece Helen when he was the Spectre but I dunno if that counts since she got nuked from existence

>tfw Hal is like the only JL member who hasn't gotten any actual or surrogate kids ;_;

Unless you count the old cartoon.

Hal makes sure his sidekicks get erased from continuity when they start getting too big for their britches.

>Hal is like the only JL member who hasn't gotten any actual or surrogate kids

>Having Hal Jordan any wear within seven miles of children

Batman, don't be a hypocrite.

>But she was space legal
Sure Hal, sure.