Don't lie

Cassandra Cain is clearly the best Batgirl..

Everybody knows that, she was also the first batgirl that was part of the batfamily and a character that had tons of potential but was wasted.

His interactions with bruce are still some of the more human things about Batman.

There are people that think steph brown is the best..

I know. But in universe she was by far the worse

>..

Kill yourself

what is your frustration user?

They're wrong, but that's okay, because at least they're following their hearts.

still wrong tho

I miss Batdad. Bruce dealing with a daughter was so interesting after decades of adoptive sons. Does he ever see Damian lately?

Well, yeah.

She wasn't in the DCAU though, so she's basically forever sidelined now. For all you'll get of her she may as well not exist.

She was an awful fit for the Bat-universe and a terrible 90's replacement character that could never match the iconicstatus of the original. Most other 90's embarrassments had the dignity to be forgotten, but waifu fags won't let this one fade away. No matter how overpowered she is, it doesn't matter.

>replacement character

She was the star of the first Batgirl ongoing.

Frankly, the only comic Babs had that was as good as hers at that point was the one where she lost the use of her legs.

>dignity

Too bad Cass' cameo in The Savage Time wasn't foreshadowing of

>Bruce dealing with a daughter was so interesting after decades of adoptive sons
I think that for many Cass fans Bruce interactions where a big reason to want the character in.
Bruce relates to his sons in the only ways he can: With dick is about adventure and responsability, with jason he needed to be a mentor and learn how to grow up and be strict with a child that was full of rage, with Tim he was a teacher, a support. Even with damian, he was a sensei first and then a loving father, but with him he had the whole support of the rest of the family.

With Cass is really different, she didnt need a sensei, or a partner to look up, she didnt need redemption she needed someone that loved her as a daughter. For bruce that thinks eating ice cream and watching movies is the only way to show love it was extremely different than the relationship with the kids, with them he could say "good job" and they would understand that he is saying i love you, they were all proud (tim a little less). But with cass he actually had to be open about how he feel about her. Batdad is probably my favorite take on batman along with Batspookyman

>Does he ever see Damian lately?
Read robin son of batman, Damian got his family reunited again, and bruce once again flirted with talia.

They gave Azrael and other losers a book, too, who cares? comics don't really matter; red head Batgirl sells more merchandise.

Batman's ally's daughter becomes a crimefighter is a much more succinct and well written origin for Batgirl than "assassins have a daughter that's a perfect trained killer but she doesn't want to kill so she runs away and becomes mute and then and then and then", which is so fucking convoluted and far removed from Gotham city it barely fits. It might've worked back in the 90's but it has no staying power.

>She was an awful fit for the Bat-universe
Let's think about that for a second.
>Dark haired badass
>Trained to be the best in her field
>Driven by tragedy
>Silent, stoic
versus
>Red haired girly girl
>Just dresses up in a costume one day and decides to go with it
>No tragedy
>Quips and girl power.

Cass' secret origin is "Trained Super Assassin doesn't want to kill and becomes a super-hero".

Hell, the Robins' secret origins are harder to summarise.

You really don't care about anything else than red hair right?

And there's something REALLY important about Cass: she brings back the martial arts element to the batbooks, something that was neglected by grant and dixon

I hate Steph. She ignites a gang war out of spite and gets herself killed, is a burden to every member of the batfamily because of her stupidity and poor fighting skills, but she's lolquirky so she gets away with it. She's a more annoying and less intelligent Babs.

Meanwhile Cass is a badass fighter and she's recruited into the batfam because of her talent and because she truly believes in the mission but she gets the shaft because teenage white girls can't project onto her.

Still thinking they should just have made a Batgirl&Spoiler book, with Steph being Green Hornet and Cass as Kato. Except Cass would be the main character.

>Batgirl&Spoiler book,

Me too.

Reminder that it was all Bruce's fault.

what the fuck

I'd prefer a Red & Black comic. Cass is the muscle while Tim is the brains.

That was why I liked new52 Batgirl. She was a badass fighter.

Well yeah. Most intelligent Batfags know this. The only real Babsfags out there are either stupid or total casuals.

Stephfags are alright. Remember, we're practically on the same side against Babsfags.

Only because they themselves said and did so.
Barbara was never this marketed until DC went this route of "iconic" over characters like Cassandra, Wally, Guy, Kyle, and John (all superior models over the 'iconic' ones).

Now look at the direction Barbara's at. She's going to freaking Asia in an attempt to yet again "rediscover" herself.

There come's a point were DC has got to just throw in the towel when it come's to a Barbara solo. She doesn't work well by herself. She works best with Dinah, Helena, and Zinda.

There's a reason Cass survived for over 70 issues.She's got more depth to her character and journey is helluva more interesting than Barbara's.

Who would win in a fight out of all the Batgirls here??

The Joker

Cassandra Cain by far and away.

joker confirmed best batgirl

That's nice, too, but Tim is a good fighter.

The underlining idea of Batgirl&Spoiler is the dichotomy of Cass' super fighting powers and Steph's above average mind while not being confined to not have action like Oracle.

This way they would still find situations they cannot resolve easily: Cass&Tim would be next to unstoppable.

That's why Cass&Tim with Steph as Oracle would have to be the NEXT step, when they become a family.

Lies! Joker is the best Robin and his Batman is second to none the superior Batman! I mean look at these two! It's poetry! Utter poetry!

>That's why Cass&Tim with Steph as Oracle would have to be the NEXT step, when they become a family.

Yes.. family.

badass fighter isnt the same as a Martial arts book.

Cass could beat all the others alone.

I'm sure they can find a way to make three-way marriages legal.

I still see Cass a giant amount of wasted potential. Even in her own series it wasn't done particularly well. There's that concept of someone being completely physical and nonverbal. Someone who has to convey complex concepts without talking is something I like.

I really liked that time where she told Dick to attack her to replicate the conditions of Vesper Fairchild's murder, as Dick legitimately thought Bruce really might have done it. After giving her a beating and then putting a gun to her he realized that no matter how angry Bruce had been in the past he would never go so far as to murder someone in cold blood like that. Forcing him to go through the physical motions of killing someone was different than just saying it and it was a different method of communicating. Alfred complemented her stageplay in convincing Dick. Where she lacked in vocal skills she was able to make up for in other ways that ended up being more effective than traditional methods.

I miss Cass

Hey it's Gotham it probably is.

Who dat

In the middle

Bette Kane, Barbara , Helena Bertinelli, Cassandra, and Stephanie.

Not sure I'm going to go ahead and say it's an alternate version of Selina Kyle as Batgirl.

Oh shit I didn't know Helena was a batgirl

Basically Helena went around as "Batman" during the first few months during No Man's Land realizing Gotham City needed a Bat. That was her first costume she wore during that until a punk used spray paint to blind her. So she stitched the eye holes and mouth piece up. How Cass got her mask.

We only saw this version for one issue (like right after we learned she was Batgirl and the missing months when Bruce was away).

Is there any reading list for Bette?

Hey OP

what is the reading list for the best girl?

There was no need for fucking duke. Bruce adopted an Asian Girl.

A fucking Asian girl that was a badass. She was perfect for all the autistic SJW crap, and Barbara was a hero on a wheelchair.

>something that was neglected by grant and dixon

Man, Dixon basically worshiped O'Neil and had martial arts as a major aspect of all the side books. The 90's in general kept the martial arts aspect alive, I'd say its only around Hush when the old guard died that that element was ditched. Which is really what hurt Cass in the long run.

All in all a Cass/Steph/Tim book thats basically Strangers in Paradise would be nice.

Anons pls

Asians are old news, if you're not black or muslim you may as well be white as far as the diversity police are concerned.

well now Bruce has damian which is somehow half arab and half chinese

Talia and R'as Al Ghul's creator, dennis O'Neil, wrote a graphic novel where R'as origin is described and Talia's mother is described as part Chinese and part Arab, and R'as is implied to have similar ancestry( a document related to his origin is described as being found in Asia with proto-Arabic writing, or something like that). Of course, I don't think O'Neil described this to Neal adams 20 years prior when he first drew them, so he effectively just drew them as exotic white or just vaguely arab.

I'll admit she had the best costume.

He is half white, one quarter random Caucasian from asia, and one quarter chinese.

The idea that arab most be brown looking is retarded pic extremely related.

> Tynion IV will never do this.

;_;

A better question is if all the other Batgirls combined would have a chance against Cass?

I really loved Cass' durability. It gave a great visceral feel to the character.

In No Man's Land, Huntress wasn't getting a lot of respect from the Mad Max-types doing evil in the ruins, so Helena decided to do some rebranding.

Eventually, she failed to stop Two Face from taking a huge chunk of territory, Batman bitched her out, so she gave up the costume and went back to being Huntress. Batman turned around and gave that costume to Cass after she had proved herself.

Fun Fact, that mask is covered like that due to some punks spraying Helena in the face with spraypaint, so she stitched a mouth-covering on the mask.

Well obviously, the others are all complete shit. A more controversial statement is Cassandra Cain is clearly the best member of the Bat Family.

>Cassandra Cain is clearly the best Bat-anything..
Fixed it for you.

Cassandra Cain.

She is my favorite, but obviously she doesn't have the classic stories that Bruce does.

Bruce in the late 90s, early 00s was a massive ass.

If THAT'S what you got from that image then you have serious mental issues, buddy.

Not that guy, Bruce really was a paranoid fucker back before Infinite Crisis.

that's normal behavior for everyone with a daughter

I feel like she's got more potential in her to have good stories than Bruce. Same with Dick Grayson, all the garbage Nightwing stories in the world can't shake my faith in the potential of that character. Bruce will probably always be third best Bat Family member to me, assuming they don't come up with anyone amazing going forward.

No, you threaten the boy to ensure his good behavior. A sane person doesn't threaten the kid's guardian so he stays the fuck away unless he's a delinquent.

>threatening superboy

I would have asked Clark too

What?

That's literally extremely sweet.

Superboy stood up for himself, but he was still open to being intimidated.

It was sweet, but in a crazy way.

If you were going to show Bruce paranoia you should have picked something from all that Brother Eye bullshit he caused around that time, rather than him being overprotective of his adopted daughter.

It's a really flawed NORMAL reaction for a father that at that moment had 3 sons and is a well known manwhore.

In the world of Batman red sun gloves are the equivalent of "i a NRA member stay away from my daughter"

Cass might be a better character, but I think Q. Miller's Batgirl is probably the better run and Steph is a big reason why.

Yup. Steph is my favorite character, in large part because of BQM's run. (The other part is a combination of Dixon's run on Robin and her general underdogness.)

I liked Barb, Steph, and Cass equally because they all brought dfferent things to the table that I enjoyed. I'd really like it if we had books with all 3 available to read - I could care less about who's best.

Just as long as we all agree that Damien sucks ass.

>Steph is my favorite character

Jesus christ

What's wrong with Damian? I think that most writers have figured out the problem with Damian - no one challenges him to be more human=brat - so they've given him good characters to interact with who remind one of the Batgirl/Robin interaction from BQM's Batgirl.
We all have em.

Got her statue today at a con, good condition too.

>It's YOUR fault that I went into the Batcave after you fired me as Robin where I stole the secret plans you had and poorly executed them!

Really, Bruce is not AT ALL at fault here.

>Superboy
>Listening to someone

That would just make him want her more, you Bat-moron.

Who's the artist here? I remember he also worked on some great Nightwing stories before new52, I just can never remember his name.

Steph is my favorite of the three, but I do like Cass a lot too. I think Steph had a lot of potential and could have grown to be a lot of people's favorites had she been handled better in her pre-batgirl phase.

this whole Orphen and Harper nonsense has me cross but they reprinted her trades so Im pretty happy in general

>autistic asian girl who's the daughter of a ninja and a hitman is beat until she gains superhuman reflexes and strength
>implying Cass is a good character and not a donut steel that hits Sup Forums's fetishes

Her Batgirl series is really cool.

Cass is pure sex.

Well you can rest easy. Harper's not doing anymore superhero shit, and I doubt Orphan will last long as a name.

I however, must worry. Row is in the next issue of Gotham Academy, and there's not even any sign of her brother.

I loved that image so much back in the day it gave me a huge fetish. Fuck she was qt and hot as fuck, i dated an asian goth cutter girl for like 2 weeks just to fuck her and then dump her.

I need to read Cass's series, but do I recognize those two from Futures End? They get stronger the closer they are? Or do I need to sleep?

Those two are dykes. Well, the black one is. She's the daughter of Black Lightning. The other one is an amazon that pounded both Arsenal and her for some time. Nobody cares for either anymore.

Is Lady Shiva still the mother of Cass?

Yeah, you tell him!

Probably not? David Cain's entire life and character got changed and he never had anything to do with the League of Assassins in the New 52 so it'd be pretty unlikely they would meet.

Too bad.