Why should I watch Conan? Somehow I've never seen it. What makes it good?

Why should I watch Conan? Somehow I've never seen it. What makes it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oq9dspskCEE
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
youtube.com/watch?v=onGWF8mz1Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrcv7kaSUwc
youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw
barbariankeep.com/ctbds.html
gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/36031
gutenberg.net.au/ebooks13/1303751h.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EAFtiUoq6TE
youtube.com/watch?v=G1on_N1R9vc
youtube.com/watch?v=RlBcDnRzmM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off low test faggot

Why so mad?

What is good in life user?

You guys suck

>Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

This thread. This thread you can trust.

If you don't watch it then to hell with you.

Conan, I've never watched you before -- I've had no time for it. No one, not even you will remember if the movie was good, or bad. Why we watched, or didn't watch. All that matters is John Milius stood against many -- that's what's important. Viewers please you, Conan, so grant me one request: grant me a viewing. And if you do not listen, then to hell with you.

>That is strength, boy! That is power!
>What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this!
>Such a waste.
>Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.
>Crucify him.

YAAASSSSSSS
YOU KNOW WUT IT IS DONCHU BOI??

first half is p good and adventurous, then it starts to drag

epic music as well

I agree

But it is good none the less

Nothing makes it good. It's a shit B film of the kind where they hire a bodybuilder meathead to star in because only autistic manbabies intend to see it and they're too dumb to see anything else.

Movies that women will never understand

it's got swords and magic and boobs and a big fuckin snek. conan fucks like 5 different chicks in the first 30 minutes.

t. woman

And these are all the reasons any real man would ever need.

Women use this site?

Krom...

If you like tits, action, the hero's journey, Arnold, or a grand adventurous scope you'll love it. If you don't like anything previously mentioned, you're probably a woman

youtube.com/watch?v=oq9dspskCEE

name a more kino scene than this

Are you a man?

It's an epic film that actually has a weird, distant epic barbarian vibe, as if the film were coming to us across a far distance of space and time, and it takes itself seriously. It's much better than what one would expect from a Hollywood barbarian film.

fucking why is old Conan cancelled, Arnold would've ruled that role

>Blocked in your country

FUCK

It's a film where faggots get wrecked.

oh yeah i remember this scene
it's the scene where Schwarzenegger cries
there's always a scene, in every schwarzy movie, where schwarzy cries like a little baby
how ridiculous

name one movie where arnie cries

because fucking Thulsa doom thats why

is conan the destroyer worth watching?

only on Sup Forums you find morons not able to overpass little difficulties of the the intrenets

rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

Watch Beast Master instead

beast master is for the gays

>Why should I watch Conan?
So that you can discover the Riddle of Steel. You should be able to solve the riddle by your 5th viewing.

conan
predator

two so far

because BEST SOUNDTRACK EVER

BASED POLEDOURIS
A
S
E
D

for anyone that didnt see it I recomend this movie,its pretty much like conan but in medieval rusia.

Arnie doesn't cry in Predator...

like a little bitch

>its pretty much like conan
Does it ask deep philosophical questions while celebrating the strength of Man?

He's not crying in that scene

youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw

hes not crying here

oh! i see: you're a believer.
there are not much left of your kind
thank god

>Does it ask deep philosophical questions while celebrating the strength of Man?

It's fucking Russian, man. What do you think?

here is the trailer i dont want to spoil the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrcv7kaSUwc

ITS "CROM" YOU DIRTY PHILISTINE!

The Succubus scene is the funniest shit ever

Junior
Twins
Kindergarten Cop

>Women don't understand this movie

It's a pretty simplistic movie, what is hard to understand?

It's too masculine for them. They can't comprehend 'might makes right' in their coddled world where everything is given to them.

Go away woman

This is why

youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

Required reading: barbariankeep.com/ctbds.html

>original story written by a woman
Dropped. Sorry user.

I like it but it's not as good as the first imo.

You can try reading the original short stories by Robert E. Howard, then decide whether you want to watch the films.

gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/36031

gutenberg.net.au/ebooks13/1303751h.html

It's genuinely one of my favourite movies. I could watch it a dozen times in a row. I don't really know where to begin talking about it, so I'd just recommend watching it. Without going into excessive details, it is a very consistent movie, tonally, thematically and atmospherically. It's heroic, fantastic and epic without being a sprawling fantasy vista, it succeeds in bringing its world alive while exploringthe ideas of the riddle of steel, an it is never imbalanced. Good performances, great visuals, unparalleled soundtrack.

>4:53

asshole

Movie Conan is a little different to story Conan, but what I appreciate is that all the elements that make the character come into the movie - his enslavement breeding a lust for freedom and wandering, his distrust of sorcery, his cunning and his intelligence. It's all there, never taken for granted and never exploited.

Also, Tower of the Elephant a best.

YOU TOK MY FATHA'S SWOORD!

Amazing movie.

Is that the one where he brains a guy with a piece of bone? Or was that in the second movie?

SHE'S A VALKYRIE

Great music, great cinematography, great fights with Arnie and his ragtag group of warriors, and a superb villain from James Earl Jones. I love this movie. Just watch it OP. (Although don't watch the sequel, and the third movie never existed.)

I don't think that's in Barbarian, haven't seen Destroyer in a while because it's just not very good so I can't really remember. Doesn't happen in the story, it's the one where Conan goes to steal a jewel from a priest but comes across a tortured alien god imprisoned in the tower and feels really shit, mercy kills it and allows it to get revenge.

it's a shit compared to the first
inb4 muh wilt chamberlain

No, just watch the first one.

JUST

muh dick

youtube.com/watch?v=EAFtiUoq6TE

Regardless of what you think of the movie, it must be agreed upon that the soundtrack is one of the best of all time, right?

Unarguably

I don't want to tell you anything. Just sit down and watch it.

10/10

Its a perfect Conan film, if you're already a fan, and if your not then its an excellent exploration of neitzchien ubermench philosophy.

The movie demonstrates how essential perfect and appropriate art direction, cinematography, score, costumes, and style are. It wouldn't be nearly as good without any of these. It's substance lives through its style.

>excellent exploration of neitzchien ubermench philosophy.

Rather, that of the master morality.
The Ubermench would transcend both the "noble savage" master and the "good Samaritan" slave of the previous eras if we were to survive the age of nihilism. Conan is no Ubermench, but he embodies the positive elements of the former rather than being a simple "blond beast" brute that Nietzsche would probably have empathized the negative aspects of had he lived to explore his concepts longer.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=G1on_N1R9vc

Will I like it if I think fantasy shit is all retarded and gay?

It's Nietzsche and Übermensch you pathetic fucks.

no, ü.

It's not that they don't understand it it's that they can't appreciate it on the same instinctive level that men do.

Yes

>Will I like this fantasy movie if I dislike fantasy movies?

Nah you're going to love it.

Good scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=RlBcDnRzmM0
Also, Valeria

That ain't Beyond the Black River mother fucker

>"I drink to his shade, and to the shade of the dog, who knew no fear." He quaffed part of the wine, then emptied the rest upon the floor, with a curious heathen gesture, and smashed the goblet. "The heads of ten Picts shall pay for his, and seven heads for the dog, who was a better warrior than many a man."

>"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind," the borderer said, still staring somberly at the Cimmerian. "Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

I know what you're talking about. Its in one of the original stories. Obvious inspiration from Samson there.