Do Finns who don't speak perfect English actually exist Sup Forums...

Do Finns who don't speak perfect English actually exist Sup Forums? In my four years of browsing this board I've never seen one that typed like a Japanese person, for example

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EF_English_Proficiency_Index
youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/France
vocaroo.com/i/s0SgjwcYS4yq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes at least in the older population

Is it largely because of school education?

We don't speak an indo-european language for mother's tongue.

Our language is related to sumerian though.

Yes. Scandinavians in general seem to place the most importance on English proficiency, and aside from the Dutch (who are also at about the same level imo) no other countries in the world even come close.

ps. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EF_English_Proficiency_Index

>tfw I couldn't keep up with a English conversation speed made by Northern Europeans

At New Years Eve, I met an Austrian girl, she was actually really good at English, but other than that, it's only Nordics and Dutch who can hold prolonged and interesting discussions in English, IRL that is.

Thats because Finns are perfect superhumans.

That and television and other media is full of english.

Italians, French or Spaniards do not really need English on a daily basis.

This is what the Japanese can't understand.
You learned English vocabularies not from a vocabulary book but from TV?

Neither do Nordics

They are big enough and produce their cultural exports on their own. Whereas the much smaller Scandinavian countries are much more exposed to foreign media.

Take away the retarded memes and there are few things left in Finland except a wide forest and inedible food

Both.
In school we had books and exercises to teach us a larger vocabulary

At home we had TV and the computer.

That applies to everyone else aside from the Anglosphere though

Well yes and if theres subtitles etc

And the internet

see

I've almost completely forgotten how to speak, or even write English. Surprisingly easy to forget a language if it goes unused for even a year or two.

This guy gets it. M*Doids have their own culture in their own languages, plus they dub every movie and book so they are not forced to learn English to enjoy foreign culture

I feel that Japan exists in a kind of cultural bubble where the country produces enough entertainment to sustain itself, and because English has almost nothing in common with Japanese linguistically it can be hard for any mixing to occur. It's probably going to be quite different in the future due to increasing globalisation though, and Japanese does have English loanwords for a lot of things but that's slightly different to actually learning the language

>6 million people in the world speak Finnish
>surprised when they know English to a high level

the problem is that we lack keeping touching with English at home unlike u guys

My vocabulary book at school

you're the first male I've ever seen who doesn't bite his nails

if you're not male then pls be my gf

Je parlais francais. Ich sprache deutche. Io parlare italiano. Jag talar svenska. Puhun suomea.

How do you use those words though? It teaches nothing of value just memorizing those words, which is why your grammar is often miserable. You have to put in exercises in class, where you are taught the right pronounciation, how to conjugate verbs and how to add the right adjectives.

>bite his nails
It's insanitary and insane

>you're the first male I've ever seen who doesn't bite his nails
Straya, I...

>just memorizing those words
This is what we should do in Japan
>You have to put in exercises in class, where you are taught the right pronounciation
We don't do this

>tfw hydraulic press accent

tfw this and proud of it

tfw this and ashamed of it

>Cofe Time for in talk English

youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA

This is still better English than 90% of French/Italians, if I could speak another language to that extent I'd be pretty happy with myself. It's obviously not perfect by any means but he's still quite good

>Finland
>Scandinavian

>adult japanese posters with an english worse than brazilian underage newfags

Everyone knew what I meant.
Before the Nordic countries started sucking Anglo cock, they were sucking off German dick.

That changes right after the great wars.

Actually I'm really surprised at the fact that there are tons of underages with good command of English here. I'm 22 and have seen underages with much better English than mine. So sad lmao

So what foreign languages do Australian pupils learn at school and why are they not able to speak fluently?

>speak
>type
You fool.

>Our language is related to sumerian though.

WE

To be fair, Danish grammar is extremely similar with English.
How Finns learn English I dont understand however.

OLEWWE

KUNINGAZ

We learn French/German/Spanish as the main ones in high school and then maybe Japanese or Indonesian too these days. I personally did three years of French and can still understand it and speak it quite well if I'm given a passage to read but I'm terrible at writing/speaking aside from basic conversations and if I had to talk to a French person about something more complex than directions it would be cringeworthy.

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/France

vocaroo.com/i/s0SgjwcYS4yq

that's the first two paragraphs

Outside cultures are absorbed but forced to conform to a more Australian standard, which tends to translate to second generations immigrants with parents who speak a different language trying to reject this bilingual existence in favour of a more purely English language life. This is a response to the culture itself being highly monolingual and even suspicious of those speaking in a language other than English. Not exactly grounds for a fruitful language learning system in schools, so the French. German, Indonesian, Mandarin, Japanese, etc. languages kids may take a year or three in end up amounting to nothing.
One of our former prime ministers is fluent in Mandarin but a bunch of people took offense to it. Mainly dumb bogan cunts and conservative trash, but the general xenophobic reaction to hearing non-English languages is rather ubiquitous and will probably remain for a long time. Australia is rather isolated from the outside world compared to the high linguistic traffic of Western Europe, at least.

I already fucked up how you say Atlantic once and americain should be pronounced like un at the end instead of the way I said it which would only make sense if it had an e at the end

Sucking how exactly?

Especially Anglo?

HARJA

Speaking English, consuming Anglo made media or producing Anglo themed video games like Max Payne

my dad and grandparents can't speak English and they're getting by fine

Samit

Finns actually speak shitty English when compared to Dutchies and Swedes. Quite a low bar if you’re comparing them to Japs

hei juu teer, jes juu

FUCK JU

You aren't very bright?

> I've never seen one that typed like a Japanese person

What type? ゚・:*:・(*/////∇/////*)・:*:・

True