ITT: Post your "Fuck you, I liked it" movies

We liked it but it still sucked

I hate you all.

There are people who didn't like this?

Despite the nun being in some fakewall yet people knew that she died and the kid at the end with the freddy make up I liked it

pretty much everone who worked on it

despite the production problems, i liked the way they present it as if it's the game itself that's the real adaptation of this real life event that happened

i still don't get why people hate it

yeah it might be a bit slow and maybe corny/pretentious at times, but most of it is fucking amazing (imo)

>the lovely bones

It's better than anything else that series made after aliens

Pick me up

Solid entertainment right here. Only retards and jesus freaks think otherwise.

Only people that didn't like Prometheus were space jockey faggots.

Clockwork Orange

And muslims

Quantum of Solace

I love the second one for daring to be different, and I think it even did some things better than the original.

Too diferent it should've been another movie with another demon
You can't change a character that much
But I love how 80's it feels

A lot of us haters are just kind of saddened over how hugely Snyder misjudged the tone and themes of the source material. He came so close, yet was so far away from what Watchmen actually is, it's staggering.

Literally the Dark Souls of the alien films, nothing is handed to you on a silver platter and you have to figure it out for yourselves.

Most of you brainlets probably cant even tell me where the Juggernaut mothership was in the movie.

So freddy represented gayness?
He only kills males like aids and it's cured by hetero virgin love

I too enjoyed that movie
I love the scene where he's absolutely smashed and tries to operate that master computer thing that requires him to put the key card in both slots at the same time.
I also really like that bit where the executives are wondering who stole the money when he drives to work in a brand new red ferrari.
Come to think of it, he's one of the best slapstick comedy characters I've ever watched

>dark souls of alien
so the worst of the series compared to its predecessor?

>You can't change a character that much
I disagree, I think the other sequels should have been more daring and that Freddy should have operated more on actual dream/nightmare logic, meaning that the rules and the nature of his powers and what he represents should be in constant flux, only to be bound by rumor and lucid dreaming. Sadly, everyone just kept on trying to recapture or remake the original.
We'll never get our Lynchian A Nightmare on Elm Street

and people with good taste in films

>how to listen to a robot go full homo for two hours
Also fuck that pretentious "deep intellectual meaning" because classical music and poems are mentioned
Had some great gore thing, but was kind of slow-moving or boring a lot of the time, no shooting your way out of the nest like in Aliens

Not as such, rather he was drawn to, fed on and was influenced by teen insecurities during a time when AIDS was the stuff of nightmares and even just experimenting with your sexuality could doom you to an early grave.

In a better world, this would be a multi million dollar franchise spawning more films than the Transformers flicks.

I loved Prometheus too.

My vote goes to Battleship, which was a really funny little sci-fi action movie. And in the same category, the remake of Total Recall.

Tarkovsky and Godard.

Covenant is a much dumber film than Prometheus, right down to its name having to include Alien so that people would get it.

someone else recommended this in a similar thread

and I have to say after watching it

fuck both of yall

Im a different user, I didnt even realize that people disliked it. I always thought it was pretty popular, I like it.

True, yet it's still the better film for actually featuring coherent character arcs and behaviours.
Prometheus was ruined by Damon Lindelof latching on to an already functional script, thinking he was still writing Lost so he overloaded the script with new characters behaving in cryptic and out of established human behaviour ways because he's used to be able to fix his bullshit by second or third season while adding on more to the mix thinking this will go on forever, all the while obscuring the already established plot because he also confuses mystery with obscurity.

Honestly not a bad movie

Did you like it when the biologist was extraordinarily afraid of a dead alien carcass but wanted to pet an angry-cobra-like-alien-snake like it was a kitty? Or was your favorite moment when the map guy got lost?

I really liked when the engineer killed everyone for no reason, and when David poisoned the crew for also no reason. When I realized David Lamedoff was a writer, I couldn't contain my laughter!

This was a 10/10 comedy I don't understand why it didn't do better

best answers desu

You sound very salty.

If he's a charcter that kills in dreams I think it's original enough to be kept that way
I enjoyed the movie though

>spooky random noises, jumpscares and people going crazy
>in spaaaaaaaaaaace

very good movie, although the graphic novel is better
I hate that it always gets grouped with capeshit

I actually googled watchmen for an image, found the same image, but then Sup Forums informed me that you had already posted the file

Prometheus was fine... the characters were just stupid that's all.

do people not like this?