When it was announced there would be a Breaking Bad spinoff staring Saul Goodman everyone was wondering why the hell...

>When it was announced there would be a Breaking Bad spinoff staring Saul Goodman everyone was wondering why the hell they decided to give him a show
>Saul turns out to be a far better character and BCS has far better writing and Cinematography than BB ever had
Could anyone have seen this one coming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HwtznPd3yKI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuckin a, every time I see this thumbnail I think it's that retard Breivik.

>kills subhuman commie kids

how does it make him retarded?

but think how much more fun we would have if the spinoff was given to gus

gus' character is made of cardboard

Better Call Saul has been great so far, albeit a little slow. Season 3 has really stepped up its game and I look forward to the finale immensely on Monday.

It is a good slow.

I have no problem with its pace, the problem is that a lot of plebs on this board give it shit unnecessarily.

thats what he shows to the outside world. but inside hes a complex man. saul was just a goofy clown in breaking bad, but the spinoff showed hes more than that. we could have had that for gus

the writing in early BB is still better
hopefully they learned their lesson and won't fuck up this show with fanservice too, but ackshun mike and two-face are in it so the odds aren't great

I hope we get a Mike Spinoff next, if he's still alive

I've dropped this after the first episode of season three.

Anything happened since then?

>set in 1970s chile
>generalissimo fring and his child army fight pinoche's enemies while dabbling in restaurant franchising and experimenting with controlling the population with drugs

greenlight it

alot, some of the best scenes of either show

A CUTE

eh, Huel is the only one that looks younger now

I think the actor is getting too old

it would have to be a younger actor since we've seen what happens to him up until his death.

>better Cinematography

BCS cinematograpy is so far up its own ass, you can just feel Vince's presence jacking himself off while setting the shots. it's like how Tarantino movies never let you forget you're watching a Tarantino movie.

I'm rewatching BreakingBad, on season 2 the cinematography is underrated if anything, it's lowkey and serene but still impactful, gorgeous shots when the situation calls for it and just as impressive without Vince cock LITERALLY bouncing in your face for a continuous 40 minutes

He had poor grammatical skills. His manifesto is not written very well.

Because breaking bad fucking sucked balls

a whole episode chasing a fucking fly around a room.

Jesse Pinkman meets Gene in the B/W scenes when?

more stuff happened in the fly episode than in all BCS seasons combined

Aaron Paul is too busy

Yeah, I did, because Breaking Bad was great and if the same people making it were going to make another show about one of the characters from it then I expected it to be really good and that they would improve the craft they had honed on BB in order to make something better. It literally makes perfect sense.

Why the fuck would you want a Mike Spinoff? Better Call Saul already IS a Mike Spinoff show. What else is there to tell about Mike, before when he was a cop? Boring.

>unnecessarily
it's because it had a great start with well done violence and suspense. it's lost that magic from the first season, but i have faith it'll bring it back. however, a lot of people have probably given up on it

Vince isn't even the cinematographer, he's the director, which has their main focus on directing acting. The directing style mostly comes from Michael Slovis who was the cinematographer for most of Breaking Bad and the first two seasons of BCS. Also, Vince doesn't even direct most episodes, usually like 1 person season. He's mainly just the head writer.

yeah he's busy filming a horror movie with Emily Ratajkowski which from the description is just a standard home invasion movie.

Meanwhile based Cranston is doing whatever he wants. Comedies, theatre (saw him in that, btw. pure IRLKINO), the HBO tv movie based off the play, and wasn't he like the massive floating head in the new Power Rangers? I remember seeing an interview where he was asked why he took the role and he was like "eh, why not?"

Come to think of it, I don't think I've known of Aaron Paul being in anything after Breaking Bad ended except for Need for Speed, but I only remember that because they showed a commercial for it during the finale and when the final scene was Jesse driving the car away I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

Most of the other cast has been doing pretty well, why is he the exception? Is it like Ron from Harry Potter? But I think Rupert Grint just wasn't interested in acting that much after Potter so he just bought his ice cream truck and lives the dream.

>Saul, Mike, Gus, pretty much half the cast
regulars on Better Call Saul
>Hank
I remember seeing him on that show based on the Stephen King book with the dome, and he's in the Collin Trevorrow movie that comes out this week
>Marie
On some comedy on NBC or some shit with Colin Hanks. I think she might be the main character too.
>Bill Burr
being Bill Burr

the only one left is Anna Gunn, but she's probably preparing for when she's inevitably cast as Kellyanne Conway in the Trump movie. Hopefully with Bryan Cranston as Trump:
youtube.com/watch?v=HwtznPd3yKI
4:23 onwards he talks about how fascinating he finds Trump and how he'd like to play him.

He doesn't exactly praise him in that interview and I feel like I have to put a trigger warning before it, when did this site turn into bizarro tumblr god damn

It's better than Breaking Bad, but would cease to exist without it.

>come at me niggers idgaf

Nope, you're right. Though actually, I don't think it's better than Breaking Bad. Sup Forums either forgot how good Breaking Bad was or have to be contrarian and say it was bad.

>>When it was announced there would be a Breaking Bad spinoff staring Saul Goodman everyone was wondering why the hell they decided to give him a show

literally who was wondering that? He was one of the most popular characters on the show and people seemed psyched

You're right. It's better than BrBa, but without the hype push it gets from being a BrBa prequel, it would never attract enough normies and be cancelled after two seasons.

I love BrBa but I also love BCS. They're different shows and I happen to prefer BCS, most other people won't. Also it's weird to say I prefer BCS as a college football fan

But does it do away with the nihilism and glorification of criminal activities, particularly the manufacturing and selling of drugs and the murder of competition/rival elements that was prevalent in Breaking Bad?

fuck off breaking bad pleb

fuck you doin mike

These types of shows suck to watch one episode a week with. I would rather bang out a season in a week or less.

>I feel like I have to put a trigger warning before it
Or what, you'll get banned or shadowbanned?
>when did this site turn into bizarro tumblr
It didn't, people just aren't obligated to like you or your post here, it is in fact the opposite.

Breaking Bad was excellent and groundbreaking television. BCS is a better show in my opinion. What they've done in season 3 so far has especially impressed me.

The only way they could do a mike spinoff is if you cast a younger actor to play him during his cop days. And without that actor, it wouldn't be the same.

I think it gains a lot from not having as much family shit to deal with.

Skyler and the cripple always brought the original show down and made for too much filler.
Even if it was necessary back when BrBa didnt have the hype to make it all about drugs and murder.

I don't want to set my self up with super high expectations, but the rise of Saul has to be unequivocally the master of conning the helpless,which btw is irene help show, in the final episode.

I remember people on Sup Forums calling for a Saul spinoff as early as season 4 of Breaking Bad.

The acting in Breaking Bad was just as good in my opinion, but the writing and story development was far more thought out and entertaining in better call Saul. Both shows were slower than they had any right to be.

To be fair, BCS can focus more on the writing/story because the entire setting, the "cinematic universe" you could say, is already there, and the future of the lead character and lots of the others are already known so there's no need for lots of development and action or really a lot of HEAVY drama. That leaves the show open for those little moments and interesting episodic adventures between the main plots, also the 25 minute Mike doing things scenes.

Yeah, it's good that Breaking Bad already "took the fall" and got much of the necessary exposition and relationships out of the way so that Better Call Saul could worry about creating entertainment in a pre-made world. Books can do well in world building but struggle to tell an impactful story, shows can easily tell a story but struggle with world building due to limited onscreen real estate and the need to keep people's attention. So that's why Better Call Saul was good, if it was a standalone show I don't think it would have worked at all, and for people that don't care about Breaking Bad so much, they still get an interesting show that merely uses BB as a basis for part of the story.

Aaron Paul does voice work in Bojack Horseman and he's in a few commericals

Who here thinks Kim looks so much more fuckable after her car crash? It's like a BBC beat her face in and came in all her holes.

wtf is wrong with you, you fucking cuck

Kim looked like an uptight prude shrew ass bitch before her car crash. After, she look like a BBC knocked some sense into her cervix. You can't really prefer the old Kim, can you?

I have a theory of how this show would end.
Chuck a Saul will have another fight, but in this time Saul will kill his brother accidentally.
Kim will know this and will abandon Jimmy.
Jimmy changes his name to Saul Goodman and start his business helping bad people.
After Breaking Bad, Kim will find Jimmy at the Cinnamon store, they will have a long talk about the past and what happened with Walter White.
There will be a conflict in Kim's mind about tell to the cops about the whereabouts of Saul

>mike spinoff
Fuck that where's the flynn spinoff?

literally nothing happens

Breaking Bads "quality" is a fucking meme anyway. It had some highlights but was peppered with dumb shit early and really fucking shit the bed when it was extended out to 6 fucking seasons instead of just ending in 2 or maybe 3.

i genuinely like that they didn't even bother trying to make them look younger

>Terrorism is ok if it's white people

It would be a teenage sitcom called ´´My father was a drug d-d-ddddd ealer´´

>YO, XBOX
>I mean, gamestop, how much cash will you give me for an XBOX...bitch

>6 seasons

Did you even watch the show you fucking turd nugget?

>SAY IT WITH ME
MADAM

>WAH IT WAS A TWO PART SEASON A YEAR APART TOTALLY NOT ACTUALLY JUST TWO SHITTY SEASONS MILKED TO THE MAXIMUM

kys

>breaking bad was only made to establish the universe and characters in preparation for the release of the BCS, the true patrician kino
B I N C E
R
A
V
O

Its a 16 episode season shithead, get it together

That's why I only began watching 2 days ago.

>Skyler and the cripple
>forgot about the shoplifting cunt

He is in that nice scientology series with Michelle Monaghan

>Get screwed over because he works with a literal autist that is having a fight with his scumbag brother
When will Howard be free from all this pain?

BB has really all the power fantasies for betas

English isn't his native language you utter melt.

52000USD for this

Breaking bad and all other shows like it, owe their success to The Sopranos. Vince himself admits it.

>People cry about Actor's age

Like you fags never went to a theater

>Those cute noises she was making as she pulled her broken body out of the wreck
UNF

This is fucking retarded and will never happen

Who here hyped for cute hospital kim?

he's a whiny bitch.

>kills a bunch of kids
>gets tossed in jail
>waah this is inhumane :(( where my videogames???

It's not terrorism when it's white people

>Gus speaks spanish for 32minutes

reached the stage where i actually feel sorry for chuck more than jimmy

was chuck right all along?

>he was asked why he took the role and he was like "eh, why not?
he was in the original power rangers too as a monster so that's probably why

Breivik killed social-democrats, your muslim friends kill little girls. There's a difference.

Yeah, me too.
It lets the viewer decide whether they're going to suspend disbelief for the purpose of enjoying a pretty good show or nitpick a very minor detail.
I also like to imagine Huell got fat purely because of his relationship with Saul, like how Francesca seems to have gotten depressed through knowing him.

What do you mean Mike is in Belize? He died

when will they debut on BCS?

The fuck? Leave my whyfoo alone, you perv

This Series has one problem: Not enough Saul. I DO care about the other characters, and I think they are an important part but WHYYY does Saul have so few screentime?

I just don't get it. I was so hyped for the second season because the first one was genuinly funny and interesting, especially the Tuco bit. But Season two was so incredibly boring and the only good parts were Saul fucking over Chuck. Now in the thrid season, it's only interesting when Saul does his illegal stuff. WHY can't the whole series be like that? I just don't understand. I want to like it, but I really don't anymore.

CHUCK IS GOING TO HANG HIMSELF.

>a special forces soldier gets caught up in the golden triangle heroin trade
>haunted by memories of his dead brother/friend/dog/other

I thought Saul was Combo for a moment in the latest episode when he was mall walking.

>everyone was wondering why the hell they decided to give him a show
Not really dude, Saul was one of the breakout stars of BB. He was gold from the first second he was on screen. Pretty fucking easy to see why he got a show.

>Saul turns out to be a far better character and BCS has far better writing and Cinematography than BB ever had
Hyperbole.

>Could anyone have seen this one coming?
I did.

The guy who plays Hector Salamanca can't act for shit. I see why they put him in a wheelchair and let the bell do all the acting for him in Breaking Bad