Was Motorcity any good? Because that animation combined with an OST by fucking Brendon Small sounds like a great combo

Was Motorcity any good? Because that animation combined with an OST by fucking Brendon Small sounds like a great combo.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!kt0W2KZB!VFkYx4IKWDH3RzwLE3hWWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was great. So was Tron: Uprising. The ridiculous Sundays at midnight timeslot fucked both those shows.

It was fun, but nothing great.

It was great, but we all know Disney doesn't like great cartoons

It was really great to me. Loved it.

Wished it was more dark though, aimed towards an older audience or something. Fuck Disney XXXD

yeah disney told them to tone down the gangs i think. duke of detroit was so cash.

Fucking great specially if that's what yout're looking for specifically

Literally heavy metal Redline the show

Mega where

It was pretty great. It and Tron Uprising were surprisingly pretty fantastic for Disney XD originals. But they were too good to last.

It and Tron uprising are both highly overrated

Temba, his arms wide.

mega.nz/#F!kt0W2KZB!VFkYx4IKWDH3RzwLE3hWWA

Thank you.

>Was Motorcity any good?
God, yes.

this show is a literal 10/10 just ended too soon
another great example of titmouse getting fucked over for no reason
It has great characters, good lore, interesting themes of the week
my personal favs are the dnd episode and the one where claire has to stay with her dad all episode
and the ones with the junkyard dude
and the episode where texas retells everything
just go fucking watch it man this shit is the best shit and fuck disney and fuck calarts

It's pretty good. Loved the animation and the designs.

>still no full version of the shows intro theme released

>metalocolypse cancelled forever and CN mocks all the fans

I can only hope that Brendon works on other shows, or does more original albums. His music kicks ass.

No. The original un-aired pilot showed that the actual series got extremely dumbed down which is why it's so loud and simple.

Save for the visuals, it really wasn't that entertaining.

>tfw motorcity soundtrack release never

I liked it. Was also pretty neat to have a direct callout to Sup Forums on the show and to learn that people from behind the scenes of the show did and probably still do browse here.

What does Cartoon Network have against new shows anyways? Green Lantern, Motorcity, Sym-Bionic Titan, Tron:Uprising... all good/great shows that got shut down before their time.

You magnificent son of a bitch.

Now I can finally see the last three episodes!

Titmouse had been sitting on that idea pretty much ever since Downtown.
Disney agreed to do it, but with a whole list of demands for stuff to be changed.
In the end, the show was still flashy and fun, but lacked quite a bit of depth, as Disney wanted the show to be more episodic.
That being said, there's still a lot to like. Threads on Sup Forums were chill as fuck, if you could just ignore or indulge in all that shipping.

Personally I'm shocked that this supertoyetic show didn't get a toyline or at least like a videogame.

Motorcity and Tron were Disney.

there was alot of cut shit like other anons said, but it was still interesting. there was enough there to make me want to know more about the characters in the world
but mostly it was visual, the show looked good and unique, and ended before it got off the ground, due to timeslot hell

What was the call out?

Disney seems to like doing this a lot. If I were a showrunner, I'd be weary about ever working with them.

>What was the call out?
iirc, it premiered its 20 episodes, over 10 months, with 2 large hiatuses, after the first they stopped running commercials, and about 10 episodes in, it got shoved to something like a 4am timeslot. then they marathoned the last 4ish episodes over a week, and never showed reruns

combine that with the fact that the show itself had its premier episodes shown out of chronological order

It had cardboard thin main characters that bugged me. I'm sure if they got a season 2, we'd have gone a lot more into it, but as it stands they're just bland cutouts. Julie is the only interesting one because her backstory actually has a conflict she's currently dealing with and it brought up in multiple situations.

Their episode of the week "We bring up a character problem and solve it by the end of the episode never to be brought up again" didn't help, but I won't bash it anymore than that. The show is a wild ride and super fun. A bit better in concept than execution, but I would recommend watching it. The Duke of Detroit is by far the best part of the whole show. His literal rock star voice actor puts so much energy into it and he is just a fun sometimes villain sometimes anti hero selfish prick.

It makes me...
FEEL GOOD

>Their episode of the week "We bring up a character problem and solve it by the end of the episode never to be brought up again" didn't help, but I won't bash it anymore than that.

Alot of cartoons get forced to do that shit so that networks can just randomly air episodes without giving a fuck about timelines.

Cartoons suffer for it, and alot of times never get a chance to play re-runs anyway.

Dee Snyder really needs to do more voice acting. He was fantastic at it.

tron city will never be free

It's not long, just go and watch it. It's definitely worth a watch. It did have some problems like some characters being obnoxious and the action being too cluttered, and the problem a lot of action cartoons have of feeling neutered and more simplistic than the creators actually want it to be.
Still a great cartoon and it's a real pity it was cancelled.

>>metalocolypse cancelled forever and CN mocks all the fans
>Small: We'll give you 2 million dollars for a show you don't even want anymore
>CN: Nah, how bout you bend over and we introduce you to OUR favorite instrument.
What the fuck is wrong with those assholes...

Outside of the presentation it's completely mediocre

I heard rumors that Julie was actually supposed to be an android or something. That would've been awesome.

We also got a decent amount of a Dutch backstory and I liked him.

Fuck, this show was gone too soon. Why does Sup Forums have to make me remember these things.

With JoeBooks making comics for Darkwing Duck and Star Vs., with Gravity Falls and Gargoyles rumored to be coming soon, I really hope someone gets the idea to do Motorcity season 2 in comic form.