Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader...

>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress.

>Sure I was in my early twenties during the Clone Wars and considering my rank most likely fought in them and can personally remember when thousands of Jedi were using their devotion to that ancient religion to mega flip and magically conjure up shit all over the galaxy as intergalactic sorcerer cops. Hell, I even remember when the Jedi were an officially recognized political organization whose headquarter was located in a gigantic government building on the capital planet across the street from the Intergalactic Senate where the Jedi were called upon by the Senate frequently to use their mystical sorceress powers to lend aid in conflicts and political issues but that won't stop me from being dismissive of the existence of supernatural powers!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_LeParmentier
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fundies BTFO!

what is the point of this post

Do not ~~~~~~choke~~~~~~~ on your contempt, General. ;)

Plenty of BLACKED and anti-late night talk show host safe space threads for you user

Worst line in all SW films.

There are shaolin moks in fucking temples. I've seen them tolerate pain that would kill a cow.
I would tell them to shut up if they said Ki is a better military option than a nuclear silo.

>Historical revisionism isn't a thing

>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress.

That line, along with a great many others, conjured up themes and images with far more potential and vibrancy than we actually got with the prequels.

>He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior. I understand that you've become quite a good pilot yourself... And he was a good friend.

A better story and a greater sense of fun and adventure than the prequels delivered in 7 hours.

As a kid I always imaged Obi and Anakin as bros flying through the galaxy kicking ass and having fun like pulpy action heroes. Not a deadbeat dad and his petulant whiny son. I had them as a Han / Luke = Cool older brother / impressionable young kid type relationship which is why Obi was so somber and hard on Han for his lack of responsibility. He saw Han in himself and remembered how him being a carefree and a irresponsible older figure lead to Anakin's downfall.

That was a good line, guys. Don't be contrarians.

>Yeah I watched the clones effortlessly exterminate thousands of Jedi. Jedi were a fucking joke

>Historical revisionism
racist shitlord today was just the beginning for the alt-blight

The Imperial officer disimissed it as "sad devotion to an ancient religion", because the Jedis had been defeated by the Imperials and none of their supposed abilities had been able to save them.

Many retcons came after ANH. In the early draft of ANH, the gap between the fall was 50 years. While this was not mentioned in the movie, you can still see that this was part of the setting which is why that line was not strange.

It's only weird after all the retcons that came in later movies. The Emperor wasn't a Sith, Vader wasn't Anakin, Chewie didn't know a Jedi Grand Master, and Yoda didn't exist.

You have to look at the movie in that context. Yes, George is a hack and never gave a fuck about continuity.

>Sure I was in my early twenties during the Clone Wars and considering my rank most likely fought in them

I've always wondered this (not really, just now), where do all these generals and general personel originate from? As far as the prequels go, there are just clones and a bunch of seperate planets/species that are kind of working together. There isn't any sort of order/rank established by the end of the 3rd. It is very likely that this general only showed up after the fight was won; some rich diplomats/galactic tycoons son.

Can someone explain to me why uncle Owen is dressed like a Jedi?

You know because those brown robes are the official uniform of the Jedi which is why every prequel Jedi from Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan to Yoda to Mace Windu to the entire Jedi counsel wear them in literally every single scene.

It's not like Uncle Owen is dressed like a simple farmer and old Obi-Wan was wearing a simple farmer's garb as well because he was living his life as one...

jesus fuck you guys.

this was written before ANYTHING was planned out.

that is all.
that is the entire explanation.

stop bringing it up like some flaw or some bullshit

I've been hearing that the Emperor/Empire were xeno phobic but the first god damn Star Wars movie has an alien... spy(?) telling the Empire where the stolen droids were going.

I won't be surprised there is a wookiepedia article on him.

The non-clone members of that era ran logistics and the Fleet. But back then it wasn't only humans running the Fleet so there is a good chance that guy was only recruited once Sheev placed his "no xenos" policy.

>Roger, Roger!

Go great they used it twice!

>I won't be surprised there is a wookiepedia article on him.
>I won't be surprised there are six novels of his life and adventures on him, and 3 on his kids.
ftfy

This. The first film on it's own is great. Bringing the next add on cash grabs into the mix tends to burden any franchise that isn't already established with books.

Vader as Lukes dad is still a decent set up though. The Sith concept was meh; they didn't really need to put a name on it; darkside would have sufficed. Yoda has always been ridiculous, but became a complete mess in the prequels, especially the whole Chewie/Wookie stuff.

pain doesn't kill cows. doesn't kill anyone. just hurts a lot.

A good line for you perhaps

There is no official uniform. Brown robes are just the denims of the galaxy.

>defending quips

>"no xenos" policy

I get that it was easier/cheaper to use humans for most roles, but it kind of gets ridiculous in the newer films. Are we suppose to believe there is some kind of human only policy in the empire/new order, and also pretty much every high rank in the resistance/rebellion? Do all humans originate from the same planet in the Star Wars universe? So much left unexplained desu.

I don't understand how this gets taken by people as "durr deh force not real", he was just arguing that the force is not more powerful then the death star + imperial navy. I mean from HIS POINT OF VIEW the force didn't save all the yunglings or other master jedis from getting rat-at-ated in the back by clone troopers.

Comfy robes are comfy? Owen was just based I guess.

>and I thought they smelled bad... on the outside

quips were always part of star wars

The Hutts are a crime family, correct? Not a species, but a family?

Then why the fuck is their language called "Huttese" and what do the rest of their people do?

>I even remember when the Jedi were an officially recognized political organization whose headquarter was located in a gigantic government building on the capital planet across the street from the Intergalactic Senate where the Jedi were called upon by the Senate frequently to use their mystical sorceress powers to lend aid in conflicts and political issues

Jesus sometimes you forget just how much of a hack George really is

It is a flaw in the grand scope though. They must have known what was said in the first film, yet they ignored it more and more as the franchise grew. There is no reason, except laziness, for them to not come up with a story that takes into account previously laid out backstory.

I'm assuming they are the last of their kind...so they pretty much are Hutts.

Kanja Club is most likely just a gang name though.

Same reason you have people with the last name Engle that speak English.

>Engle

What type of last name is that?

Especially when that backstory is already loose enough to afford a shit ton of wiggle room for writing. They really had to go out of their way to dodge faithfulness to that source.

All the prequels had to show was:
>Anakin following Obiwan on a damn fool idealistic crusade
>Be a good pilot
>Be a cunning warrior
>Be a good friend

And thaaaaat's pretty much it. Yet they missed each bullet point, save for piloting, handily.

An English one

that's just the cheapest outfit that the average person can buy in the galaxy

The Soviet Union become atheist almost overnight, same thing

That form of masculinity still existed in the 1970s but had pretty much disappeared by the 2000s. Blame the estrogen in the water.

excess stress can induce cardiac arrest

literally the one and only line from star wars. This series could have been so good but they never went anywhere with these movies. They could have literally done anything and expanded on so much. Too bad, wasted potential that only retards watch.

I don't know why but I always thought he was a jedi fed up of their bullshit and left the order much earlier than their extermination.

>something can't be both concurrent and ancient

Vader being Luke's father is probably one of the worst twists in movie history. What a pointless, lame decision... it serves no purpose other than to shock you, sell toys, and make money. It does nothing for the story.

Based Lucas destroying Star Wars forever with his shockingly lazy, incompetent and inaccurately written prequels.

Feels good to know that every disgusting virgin autist whining about Dinsey ruining Star Wars has no fucking clue what they're talking about and is probably 12 years old. Fuck every single one of you who likes the prequels for contributing to the ongoing downward spiral of popular culture by liking something that is OBJECTIVELY hamster shit.

Fuck your childhood nostalgia and fuck you.

But without that twist, we wouldn't have the the throne scene in ep 6, which was one of the only redeeming factors of that movie.

They/George got caught up in the young Anakin on Tatooine plot line it seems. A whole movie dedicated to young Anakin was a bit too much. Could have easily started the prequel trilogy off with a young adult Anakin and Obi Wan doing there thing, with flashbacks/nightmare sequences to explain some of Anakin's backstory. The jedi council shouldn't have been so involved in the political side of things, or at least there should have been more put into how many jedi disliked how political they were becoming (muh old ways). Just generally less jedi overall and less jumping, twirling, fliping, prancing, spinning light sabre battles.

>Are we suppose to believe there is some kind of human only policy in the empire/new order
there literally is, its the reason most of the universe hates the Empire

>and also pretty much every high rank in the resistance/rebellion?
what? there are tons of xenos in the resistance

>Do all humans originate from the same planet in the Star Wars universe?
Humans came from Coruscant

>there literally is, its the reason most of the universe hates the Empire
Yes there is, but it's not the reason why ''most of the universe'' hates the empire. I reckon most of the universe doesn't even hate the empire.
>Humans came from Coruscant
No.

It was ok in the sense that it was kind of already set up in the original, with Obi Wan mentioning his dad being an old friend, that Vader killed him, and the battle between him and Vader on the Death Star. Doesn't Vader say something like "we meet again" before they fight? I agree that it is kind of a cheap device for hooking the audience, but it at least wasn't as poorly done as what was to come.

>there literally is
In which movie do they establish that? Or is this some fan fiction crap?

>Humans came from Coruscant
Again, when/where is this said?

>I reckon most of the universe doesn't even hate the empire.
Ok thats a fair point, maybe 30% of the universe hates the Empire. But my point is the rebels wouldn't have half their command if Sheeve wasn't such a racist shitlord

>No
Yes, unless you want to bring Hutts into this

>all the jedi were basically wearing jeans and t-shirts
lel

haha LEL kek desu

>literally the one and only line from star wars.

No, the film had a lot of other dialogue on top of this.

>Yes there is, but it's not the reason why ''most of the universe'' hates the empire. I reckon most of the universe doesn't even hate the empire.
This is why I wish more cut dialogue from ANH could have at least been retooled somewhere else some time later. Good world building was cut (rightfully) due to the scene between Luke and Biggs being a bit stiff and dragging the beginning out a little long and dry.

But it was still good info. Shit like how lesser worlds hated the Empire for conscripting and strong arming their people and product to benefit the core. Luke and the rest of the Tattooine yokels are signing up for their local defense force (and rebellion by proxy) out of fear the Empire will come and unlawfully tax their water farms and shit.

Do Star Wars people have the internet?
Everyone seems so uninformed.

No. It wasn't set up. It was a bad, bad retcon.

I think it's reasonable to imagine they have an issue that's coming up on us. There's too much to know and it's too easy to access. Meaning you will never ever have enough time in your life to learn any decent % of total available knowledge and so hyper specialization sprouts up.

You have experts in what it means to farm water in a desert, expert pilots who know all the best hyperspace lanes, expert droid crafters, but no intermixing of knowledges. Moisture farmers don't have time for history.

>He saw Han in himself and remembered how him being a carefree and a irresponsible older figure lead to Anakin's downfall.
The few seconds it took for me to read that were filled with more meaningful emotions than the entire ~4 hours of prequel films.

George's retarded retcons and inconsistencies flaws of the prequels, not the original trilogy

Sure user, I would love to explain this to you, sorry for the confusion! Robes can be a uniform or generic desert clothing, you seem to be insistent it cant be both for the purpose of passive aggressively trying to make a point and failing miserably at it. Hope this cleared things up!

>Sure user, I would love to explain this to you, sorry for the confusion! Robes can be a uniform or generic desert clothing, you seem to be insistent it cant be both for the purpose of passive aggressively trying to make a point and failing miserably at it. Hope this cleared things up!

ITS "CHOKE ON YOUR AMBITIONS" YOU STUPID FUCK YOU HAD ONE JOB

Vader you fat fucking jew, didn't anybody teach you about the seperation of church and state? I was a fucking admiral in the Clone Wars, under one of your monk friends who told me to believe in the force and everything would be okay. We got ambushed by a bunch of fucking clankers, my clone buddies were by my side, and we were trapped in that fucking ravine. Your fucking monk friend said believe in the force, and I swear I prayed as hard as I could to whatever god I could imagine the force having. You want to know what happened? Two platoons of good men were gunned down in front of my eyes, platoons filled with men who had lives outside of this war, who had bets and friendships and skills and motivations. And your monk friend didn't give a single fuck, he called them disposable.

That's your problem, you fucking force worshipers. Everyone is disposable to you, you choked out half of our middle management team in the mess hall because you saw them cutting up oranges. I don't even know why, maybe you had an old orange speederbike, maybe your wife was orange, who knows, but you don't just fucking choke a guy because he said or did something you disagree with. We have rules, we have order, that's what separates us from the rebels. If you keep this up, you're no better than one of those rebels.

Is nobody going to mention that this isn't even the line? Really?

No hutts are a species. They have multiple clans that work together against everyone else in the galaxy, but also infighting occurs for power.

At least thats how it was....

Luke, did I ever tell you about the time we killed six trilliion Jews?

Definitely one of the top ten monologues in film.

Why would the Jedi council be dressed in the cheapest shit the average person can buy?

Because Jedi don't care about stupid shit like looking rich. They're humble, unlike Donald Trump.

Because they're supposed to be like Monks.

>DON'T ASPIRATE ON YOUR ASPIRATIONS
what did he mean by this?

>logic
>star wars
They were just trying to sell more action figures

>alt-blight
I-is that what they've decided on calling us?
On par with 'blumpf' to be honest.

>Try not to choke on my dick, Krennic.

It's far more clever than "libshit" which isn't even wordplay.

>Your sad devotion to that ancient religion.

Star Wars is an overrated mess with such contrived lines like this. I fucking laughed at his delivery.

>everything has to be a clever witty quip
It's a shame the damage late night TV has done to so many human brains

Well you act like you're clever when you say "Shariablue" which still doesn't make any sense.

>Shariablue
I've never used or heard that phrase in my life and I have no idea what it could possibly refer to.

>implying George ever had a plan for any of it

Damn, George could write!

I love this post

hutts are fat scottish gais

You people are such idiots. USSR fell 26 years ago and people already refer to Communist as ancient and discarded etc... Of course the general knew about the Jedi, he was just talking about how they were defeated and are irrelevant.Lets say today ISIS is BTFO and all muslims brcome treehugging hippies, 27 years from now it wouldnt be inaccurate to say that radical islam is archaic and irrelevant. JFC you people have literal autism.

It's right-wingers combining "Sharia" (a useful Islamic law) with "Shareblue" (a left-wing SIG). Yeah, it makes about as much sense as most nonsense right-wingers speak.

>us

>Communist as ancient and discarded

there are no credit unions
no workers collectives
no state institutions to serve the people

topKEKson

fuck off faggot, leninism is dead, even the communists who still exist todya are not leninist, go be a faggot somewhere else

OP wanted us to know he listened to the RLM commentary of ANH and that his opinions have been updated

I always fucking loved this guy's delivery
It makes me sad that a guy with one scene has more character and conviction than the main characters of TFA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_LeParmentier

If you're interested in seeing more of the actor's work.

Yea he's definitely a memorable one scene character. He's Valiant's detective friend in Roger Rabbit too.

>Gee whiz, Eddie, if you needed money so bad, why didn't you come to me?