This thread is for alternative comics with these three main themes: weird alien environments...

This thread is for alternative comics with these three main themes: weird alien environments, great art and a larger-than-life universe.

Please post comics and a small summary of what the comic is about.

For example, pic related is a comic from Image Comics called Prophet. It's about these clones who wake up in the distant future to find that their human empire has been mostly destroyed.

They feel compelled to certain locations and seem equipped to handle certain objectives. Who's pulling the strings?

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/nowhere-men-vol-1-tpb-fates-worse-than-death-2013-digital-k6-empire-cbr-chaoshoffa-t9009051.html
limetorrents.cc/The-Spire-001008-20152016-digitalEmpire-Nem--torrent-7978605.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This picture is from a comics called Metabarons. You might know the creator, Alejandro Jodorowsky as the guy that tried to make the Dune movie and failed tragically.

Metabarons is a story about a group of techno-warriors who fight against a alien empire who find out their world's secret.

Geoff Johns Green Lantern epic has all three.

Spider-Man dares to enter the magical realm.

Of arachnid demons that have kidnapped his soul, which the spirit of the spider that bit him is attempting to overtake so that they may ascend and become something greater.

Can you please take a short break from the waifu threads and post some comics

>Glob Herman goes to war

who

The Metamorphosis Odyssey, you can skip the dreadstar ongoing if you want , it's not bad but the original trilogy is far superior

Valérian and Laureline, it follows the adventures of a couple of space time-agents.

And it's getting a movie soon.

So you should read it now before reading it becomes fashionable, so you'll be ahead of the curve and the coolest kid on the block.

Hey op. Issue 9 of prophet has been my favorite so far. Giant space barge warship swamp plantation is a 10/10 setting. Prophet is amazing.

Reading multiple warheads by Brandon graham right now. Also very good with wide range of aesthetic.

Not a huge fan of black Science,mostly because of the narrative. But it has some amazing settings and aliens variety . My favorite being a dimension where native Americans in mechanical suits fighting Nazis.

You mean issue 9 of the reboot or the original series? I haven't read the original.

Where can I find a torrent of the english translation? Also should I read from the beginning?

nice

doctor strange fits the bill there

are you the same guy that keeps suggesting Metabarons everywhere? Like in those Incal threads?

found a few on kickass torents, search "valerian"

Fits the bill perfectly, don't think I need to bother explaining. But if anyone has any questions, just shoot.

Not the guy you're replying to but Metabarons is consistently considered the 2nd best thing Humanoids published, after The Incal.

What's the name of that scifi-comic where the plot is that 4 (or 5?) young geniuses have changed the world. from the 60's and onwards. They're modeled sort of after the Beatles, but all grown up in the "contemporary" present the comic plays out in. One of the "Beatles" is a kind of asshole and seems to have some "take of the world" ambition? I also remember a bunch of people suffering from weird pandemic trapped on a space station, by one of the Beatles, but managing to McGuyver a teleporter to bring themselves back onto Earth. The disease they're carrying is of course a genetically engineered superpower triggerdeveloped by Evil Ringo Starr or something, I don't remember...

i thiiink the title of the comic was just one short-ish word, maybe two?

Nowhere men?

Not him but yes because I remembered reading volume one.

Also beset by delays.

This just wrapped up:

>The Spire is an American weird fantasy / mystery[1] comics series written by Simon Spurrier and drawn by Jeff Stokely. The eight-issue limited series[2] has been published since 2015 by Boom! Studios.

>It is set in the titular Spire, a vast city in the middle of a deadly wasteland, locked in war with religious zealots and riven by the tension between its rulers and the underclass of "Sculpted", humans who have been hybridized with nonhuman biology.[3] The protagonist is Shå, the city's captain of police, who investigates a series of murders of aristocrats at a time when a new Baroness is crowned and the city's internal and external conflicts are about to come to a head.

>Spurrier described the recipe for the series as "one part 'Mad Max,' one part 'Bladerunner,' one part 'Dark Crystal,' one part nutfuck insanity".[3] Paste Magazine characterized the "beguiling" comic as inspired by China Miéville's Bas-Lag and Jeff VanderMeer's Ambergris in creating a world where "the fantastical aspects don’t mitigate the worst aspects of human nature".[4]

Ah, yeah that's the one! Thanks!
True dat...
>;___________;

kat.cr/nowhere-men-vol-1-tpb-fates-worse-than-death-2013-digital-k6-empire-cbr-chaoshoffa-t9009051.html

I'm not asking for any links; do that instead in win'o.

limetorrents.cc/The-Spire-001008-20152016-digitalEmpire-Nem--torrent-7978605.html

That comic was slow and boring as hell.

>no seeders
thanks

A scientist enlists the help of three warriors to track down twelve legendary gems of power, for purposes unknown to anyone but the scientist himself. Will he usher in a new Era of peace using the gems, or bring about the universe's ultimate destruction? No one knows.

He's building a hyper advanced sexdoll

>what is desustorage

That's a good question. What is desustorage?