Why did critics shit all over this movie? It was great

Why did critics shit all over this movie? It was great.

>The Place Beyond the Pines is hackneyed and dull: Not a single moment rings true.
>Derek Cianfrance could probably be a great filmmaker if he wasn't trying so hard to be a Great Filmmaker
>It's rare to see a picture so bogged down by the breadth of its ambition, but Derek Cianfrance's second feature nearly collapses under its own weight.
>The Place Beyond the Pines isn't a bad movie; it's three bad movies strung together by implausible logic.
>By the third story, in a movie that is two hours and twenty minutes long, I had grown weary of the film's heavy-handedness
>A jumbled triptych that frequently meanders without finding its center.
>What Cianfrance has written has scraps of surprise and a fine chase sequence, but it doesn't reach for the stars or the emotional cosmos -- or, at least, it doesn't know how to get there.
>The mythically tinged final scene brings events full circle in a way that is superficially satisfying while also conceding that the movie's chief concern is men and the art of motorcycle maintenance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LaAqmhbe8ao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it was pretty well received

>God tier

First act

>Shit tier

Act 2 and 3

mixed to favorable isn't the same as being shat on
drama queen

>80% on RT
>4/4 Ebert

yeah really shit on...

what bothers me about the film is how coincidental the 2nd and 3rd acts are. like, everything that could happen to make things more interesting, does ,regardless of it being an unlikely event.

IS RYAN GOSLING FUCKING GAY HE CAN DO WAY BETTER

I just don't understand the bad reviews. It was all great, in my opinion.

>everything that could happen to make things more interesting, does ,regardless of it being an unlikely event.
Could you explain a little bit more? I can't understand what you're saying.

I love this movie a lot but most of those criticisms are legitimate. First act is great. Goes downhill from there. Bradley Cooper should've died too

because they HATE white hispanic couples. No lie my sister is a flaming liberal cunt and when she saw the movie she said it would have been better if it was a black male white female couple.

hello roastie

It got critically praised when it first got released.
Though Armond was right about the movie being shit.

Man 2013 was a good year for me.

Me and my best friend went to go see place beyond the pines that year

Also

For some reason... 5 different random actually hot girls came up to me in public , started flirting with me and fucked me later that day.

First time

>Out skateboarding, girls smoking weed on corner in residential neighborhood
>hear them say "he's hot"
>stop, go talk to them
>invite one back to my house and fuck her

2nd time
>riding train
>skinny as fuck girl with blonde hair and big tits comes sits with me and starts talking
>she asks if I want to come over to her place
>fuck her

3rd time
>meet hot girl at bar who just broke up with bf
>fuck her next day

4th time
>roll up to a 7/11 in my BMW
>two 16 year old girls come up to me and say they like my hat
>want cigarettes
>they are with 2 16 year old wanna be skater fag boys (I like skateboarding, but hate other skaters)
>even tho I'm 23 at that time I look young , tell them I don't have Id but they should get in my car and we can go to a gas station they know me and sell me cigs
>tell the teenage boys they are with there is no room for them in my beamer
>end up fucking both girls a couple hours later

Every single girl was smoking fucking hot. I'm not even attractive. People say I look exactly like Adam Driver.

2013 was a god send of a year and nothing like that year has ever happened again.

I'm going to watch place beyond the pines again just for Nostalgia of that year

Tfw wanted a good ending for Goose's character
Tfw he got to see this waifu blacked and there was nothing he could do

Unfair desu

Great movie. Lots of emotional scenes and a great soundtrack to boot. Anyone who has a complicated relationship with their dad will probably get some feels out of it

youtu.be/LaAqmhbe8ao

so you raped those 2 girls basically

The black guy was a huge loser.

I think it's better that he didn't die. It shows Gosling's son almost go down the same path and then walk away from it

Gosling has nice taste in women desu

>>The Place Beyond the Pines isn't a bad movie; it's three bad movies strung together by implausible logic.

The first movie was good, but otherwise this

16 is legal age of consent here.

>muh wifes son

He didn't care. He wasn't in love with her still and she wasn't in love with him, I thought that was the best part that they didn't get back together. He just wanted to raise and provide for his son.

I like how anti cuck this movie was

He wanted to live the family life, provide for his son and was at least attracted to her. Those are enough in my book. But no, the slag wanted the BBC

>found the user who can't let go of his goose even for the greater good of the story.

Act 3 was predictable, and act 2 was a fucking chore to watch.

you all have shit taste.

KEK your retarded sister wants to race switch true stories

Nice fucken blog man *thumbs up*
Subscribe

(you)

Just finished watching it, great flick but the middle section with the cop was definitely less interesting than the first and third acts. Also it made me want to smoke.