This would be a perfect show. I know I know >>>Sup Forumseddit

This would be a perfect show. I know I know

There actually was a VtM tv show

I know but it sucks

It was ok, not as terrible as people make it out to be.

>tfw the best vampire universe ever made doesn't get any attention

>each season is a different bloodline
>Lynch does the malks

Yeah, I guess it would be. The haunted mansion mission wouldn't translate to screen very well though.

>Lynch
>Not Jodo

Stop memeing.
Noah Hawley would be perfect.

Well it'd have a lot of potential but there's a shitload of ways an IP like this could be trash.

>actually thinks a television about vampires, based on a video game that is based on a table top game and drenched in 90's edginess won't be absolute trash.

You don't need to go back to /r/eddit op, you need to go back in time and kill your parents to make this right.

This, I can see them doing it in the style of True Blood.

you know I've always wondered
Is it something like the david hatter situation from the game? I mean the main actor for the show died
What if the world of darkness is too close to the truth

90's edginess is kino though

checked

There's no such thing as a secret society of vampi---

there is no scriptwriter that can write the way mitsoda did back then

if you want to know what would vtmb 2 (the game) and vtmb tv show look like, google mitsoda's wife.

i warned you.

>tfw no sequal
>tfw have played the game to death
>tfw friends tabletop lasted less than a month
I just want to be immersed in the VTM world.

It has some limited appeal true, but those cases are usually the exception. The only reason it's more popular atm and seems "kino" (at least to plebs) is because of 90's kids going full muh nostalgia.

lol

What's wrong with his wife? she looks fairly normal for a video game chick

Let's say that she would make a Twitter faction. Without irony.

Already been done.

Well considering what they did to the fluff in Requiem, I do not doubt it but the fan backlash forced req into an early grave and all of the idiotic business shenanigans have left them shitting out anniversary editions as their bread and butter.

Didn't the swedish company that took it over get even more SJW with it? Onyx path.

I completely forgot surprise mutherfucka was in there.

It's with Paradox now which are owned by Tencent. And Mitsoda's wife is the epitome of everything hysterical and vicious on social media.

That had a great fucking cast. Shame the material wasn't up to snuff.

Fuck off Sup Forums

The only problem with fictional vampire worlds is the degeneracy it lends itself for... so we would certainly get a thing plagued to the core with SJWisms no matter what

I don't see that is true if they did a final nights story. You could examine a character that enters world of darkness through a party scene or something to keep it lively and then slowly descend into darkness of the world.

Give introductions to various factions without naming them, so you slowly build the world. It easily lends itself to ensemble storytelling.

Yeah there is good material and ofc you can work with that. I just lost hope that we get sjw-free kino from now on... also... they're too busy making capeshit and I don't see this dreamt masterpiece of a show, or movie, getting done anytime soon :(

The show The Originals tells me it could work with decent casting on a network that isn't the CW.

It needs to be on either cable or paid cable for them to get open world.

Early 00s HBO would have been perfect for it.

You could even centrally localize the show through the battles of a single prince's domain, like Deadwood. Or even carnivale. A lot of shows on that network could easily be spun into the world with a little tweaking made me think how easy it would have been to make.

It's mostly fat girls that like VtM so they would be stupid to not make it SJW

>it's mostly fatgirls

you're such a fucking liar, barely any women even know about VTM

VtM is easily the tabletop with the most female players.

A properly done VtM show would be phenominal and wipe the floor with True Blood & Vampire Diaries.

Overarching plots about Gehenna & Antedilluvians always in the background, politics with the prince of the city & the various clan leaders, interesting characters from each clan, spooky episodes, action packed episodes & gouls are portrayed far better in VtM stories than in these other shit shows, so are the havens & factions.

There's plenty of possibilities... though always liked better the notion of the antediluvians and that crusader guy from the other game... had a bit of a Lovecraft feel to it. Especially when you meet the tzimisce. Even darker than normal night prowling bloodsuckers... could also be different stories tied together in the end, featuring different clans and moral stances... but stop it now... it ain't happening

you need a sam witwer being human type of male lead, you need someone likable that isn't a charisma vacuum.

you need cheesecake that can act. you need horror. In a lot of ways the first few episodes of outcast had this kind of horror vibe in the background that I think could work for an early part of the season as a kine stumbles into the world of kindred.

I think you could do with overarching narrative by a nosferatu that you can't see very well but I think you need some kind of dark comedy to give some levity to episodes that are too dark and oppressive because of where they are in the story.

I kind of feel like you could have a nossie leader act a lot like gary except funnier. They wen't more ironic with him.

I'd think following the structure of something like The Wire might be great; each season following the same overall plot but from different stratas of vampiric society and clans, all with their own interwoven subplots.

>Brian Thompson
wtf, awesome

Because it's also by far the most complex.

I mean, 13 clans, Sabbat and Camarilla, and then you have the Kuei Jin, Antes, Lupines, Methuselahs and other such mind fucks

That isn't even bringing in the other parts of the world, changeling, mage, garou, etc.

WoD is overly complex on purpose.

>I completely forgot surprise mutherfucka was in there.

He wasn't as good actor back then.

>That had a great fucking cast.

True.

>Shame the material wasn't up to snuff.

Stories weren't bad at all, but adaptation of the world bit silly and its rules had been fucked up badly. Vampires in sunlight, every vampire having every damn power and shieet. Producers underestimated the audience a lot. They could have easily explained things like ghouls being used as pawns of vampires in real world. Sticking to a game mechanics of RPG like slaves is pointless for TV or film adaptation, but core of the mythos is something that makers shouldn't stray too far from. The cop as main character was pretty pointless.

>wtf, awesome

His character was one of the best things in the show.

Yeah a great lead would be perfect, like you said Sam Witwer style, reminds me straight away of Christoff from Redemption.

Comedy aspect is easy; spastic gouls with their obsessions, meeting the first Nosferatu after a bunch of episodes of just voice work, think Glen in the Walking Dead with Rick in the tank but over many episodes until they meet. A Malkavian would probably be fan favourite as well especially reddit tier "so cuuurazzyyy" humour. Even a haunted house style episode could add humour from vampires being afraid of the dark.

That's exactly why there's room for entire seasons of content. Even if you consider only the best clans
It's just waiting here for someone to use it.

This.

Normies constantly confuse characters and factions, as seen in Game of Thrones.

Now imagine 13 clans + caitiff and assorted bloodlines, split into Sabbat, Camarilla, Inconnu Anarch and independent, and then you have relative terms like antitribu and such.

Just too complicated.

>Stories weren't bad at all, but adaptation of the world bit silly and its rules had been fucked up badly. Vampires in sunlight, every vampire having every damn power and shieet.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The source material has the potential for an interesting serialised television drama, but they kinda tossed a lot of its uniqueness out the window and blandified the whole thing.

Or using the weaknesses/neurotic ticks of various vampires to explore their humanity maybe.

Like how does a kindred bathe if they're afraid of water, not just holy water but all water.

Or maybe they think all water has potential to be holy water, etc.

Meant for

Weird question. Would any of you do a nossie qt?
I think the "cleopatra" idea was appealing... qt nossie gets turned, becomes changed and now hides. Overall, Imalia didn't look that ugly for an old graphics game desu.
>inb4 monster fetish

I wouldn't say on purpose, just a side effect of them publishing like 30 books a year for a decade and a half.

Hell, the reason they ended oWoD and started the metaplot agnostic nWoD was because they thought it was too convoluted for new people to get into it

I think if I got turned into a nossie, I would be okay with it but if I'm either kine or another clan, I don't know.

On one hand getting to live forever or chance at it would be awesome, on other, a horribly painful bite/transformation might make that a bit..unpleasant.

When I envision nossies, I tend to think of the one from "Whoa, I know kungfu" dracula movie. Where in his 'war'form, he sort of looks like a bat. So nossies are just more batlike without the wings.

On other hand they dress like they're going to a bondage club. I mean it's one thing to get stuck wearing frocks and shit like Louis from a bad Ann Rice novel, it's another to be so socially unaware that you wear whatever fucking strikes you.

>On one hand getting to live forever or chance at it would be awesome, on other, a horribly painful bite/transformation might make that a bit..unpleasant.
You forgot being hunted by the crazy children of your even more crazy antediluvian.

The fact that they were pretending the games were seperate didn't really help, when in the "Official" javachat game on the site meant you were meeting everything under the sun just by stepping onto the Northside streets of New Bremen.

Outside of an invite to an IRC game, it was the only opportunity to play online with any kind of rules.

>The story follows an attribu Tzimisce friend as he has quirky adventures in new york.
>Destined for that big job as a fleshcrafting turned hot business start up.
>Ally mcbeal music starts playing to a montage of random victims being snatched off the street, played to lively music as they horribly reformed into grotseques for amusement of some random asshole.

The IIRC New Brunswick was a decent world with weak storytellers. They had some good ideas though

Also, choose the best, that way you get feaures to easily identify chars, before introducing the rest of the crowd
>Camarilla=Elites
>Anarchs=Punks
>Sabbat=Based monsters
Then Clans
>Ventrue=Elites
>Toreador=Feels
>Tremere=creepy secretive warlocks
>Tszimisce=The artistic monsters
>Capadocian/Giovanni=death cults
>Brujah=punks
>Nossies=the things that crawl in darkness
>Malks=get Lynched, faggot

I distrust modern hollywood writers though, they would end up making female fishmalks.

I feel like you need at least one Malk from the off so you can have some of their random gibberish revealed as genuine insight as things progress.

>forgetting about based "pssh, nothing personel kid" Lasombra
>forgetting about ALLAHU HAQIM Assamites

Hell, you could tell the whole thing from a malk's perspective and it would not only be a nice vampire show, it would be one of those rare ones that can mindfuck you... a twin peaks with vampires. This requires someone who can do it right though.

The assassins have no reason to be in either europe or america so there wouldn't be much reason to see them.

Though that could make an awesome medieval story.

>Settites, Assamites, Lasombra and Venture during the crusades in the middle ages as various religious fighting hides the kindred war between the clans.

Narrow the focus on one city with one political landscape and have a broader overarching story, you don't need to include every faction in every episode of every season even if you have 13 characters from 13 clans. Have a lead with a lead clan like Redemption and have them introduce the others that are in the background or that are the focus of certain episodes.

That's unfortunatly par for the course for almost everything White Wolf in those days.

Wraith and Changeling had the only real chance of making solo games there. Everyone else had to spend all day at the Prince's/Caern/Node if they wanted to avoid others.

>Because it's also by far the most complex.
>I mean, 13 clans, Sabbat and Camarilla, and then you have the Kuei Jin, Antes, Lupines, Methuselahs and other such mind fucks

This is exactly the reason why anyone making adaptation of something as complex as WoD shouldn't completely follow everything from the source material like slaves. Hard part of adapting something to film or TV is decided what part of source material ignore and what they should they keep around. How to introduce stuff to normies who don't know the source material and how to not make existing fans REEEEEEEEEEEE about it in interwebz. What clans to potentially delete or just reduce to something just passingly mentioned in dialogue.

>That's exactly why there's room for entire seasons of content.

Sure, but oWoD had too much material for a show, it basically ended up having every damn horror monster and lots of conspiracy stuff included in setting.

>Yeah, that's what I mean. The source material has the potential for an interesting serialised television drama, but they kinda tossed a lot of its uniqueness out the window and blandified the whole thing.

Source material is combination every vampire (other monsters or supernatural things) cliche, just separated into different clans as traits. It is kinda unique mix of existing tropes glued together with somewhat original content.

>The assassins have no reason to be in either europe or america so there wouldn't be much reason to see them.
Depends if it's pre or post schism.

If it's pre you still have the black hand.

If it's post then you've got all manners of Assamites for all kinds of reasons

The tremere are not creepy just misunderstood, asshole

>Hello, friend. Hello, friend? That's lame. Maybe I should give you a name. But that's a slippery slope.

Setting the entire thing from a malk's perspective would be too fucking nutty but I'd love to see that perspective interspersed throughout the show.

Hell, throw a malk's perspective into a scene with several characters arguing and just cut between the conversation as the others see it and the batshit poetic nonsense the malk perceives.

>Source material is combination every vampire (other monsters or supernatural things) cliche, just separated into different clans as traits. It is kinda unique mix of existing tropes glued together with somewhat original content.

That's my point?

You're telling that to someone who used to be one as first choice. Creepy is how they are perceived. mystery is what feeds the legend. Occult powah is the big reveal that keeps them interesting.

>See their words come alive and change into visual symbols with mixed laced imagery of future things to come in the story, maybe even fortelling certain characters are going to die.

>Malk is playing a video game and like something out of nightmare and dreamscapes, the characters jump off the screen and start fighting next to other protagonists unbeknownst to them this entire world is going on in the malk's head.

desu I've always thought the tremere were the most overrated clan.

While all clans have their shtick the tremere are the shtickiest
>oooooh we're evil and constantly planning something otherwordly also everytime shit goes down we have to be involved

It just gets tiring

>I was the player secretly trying to kill the other tremere players for being usurpers. I usually failed but somewhere in the middle of the game the other new guys realized why bad shit kept happening around them and why
>their face when

make the main character a malkavian that believe he's still sane

unreliable narrator is so hard to pull off effectively unless you hide it from the audience most of the show.

>show has narrative interventions where malk makes comments about his or her reflections about insights and delivers clues to the viewer, possibly breaking the 4th wall. Floating words deliver more info on the plot. Everything feels like an acid trip. Eventually, all makes sense and you achieve clarity in madness.
These are the moments i wish pple like us had actual power to make this happen.

>A show that actually rewards the viewer for paying attention.

>Sometimes you see words sliding across the wall as dialogue is exchanged between the malk and other kindred.

It could also be useful in eliminating massive exposition dumps in story telling and letting the characters live in the scene a little.

bump

All the Malk narrative talk sounds like Mr Robot mixed with Shakespear & hard drugs.

Just remembered 12 monkeys show. Nobody talks about it and i guess it's only me... There is this crazy girl in it... a lot of trippy episodes too. The elements to make it work exist. Sadly, networks don't seem to be getting interested though.

How did you "secretly" try to kill them?

I never showed my true intent, I constantly did things that looked like either accidents or mistakes that put other players in jeopardy. I had to be real subtle because some shit got so obvious that I had to spend a lot of time pulling back on it. Which is why I failed more than succeeded.

At least until the end when I showed that my genetic memory/brujah surpassed troile's treachery because the rabble that make up brujah in modern nights never appealed, but nobody I was with ever wanted to play dark ages, so my way around that was essentially tapping into the bloodlines memory and bring ancient context into modern nights.

So tremere became usurpers again instead of upstanding kindred of the camarilla.

The problem was usually people dislike it when one player is actively trying to kill the others, tends to bring down tenor of the group and it also has tendency to piss people off because they want their characters to live, even in a deadly world like WoD.

So only person that knew my true intentions was storyteller, and nobody ever tried to scan me or had telepathy, so I never had to really explain myself..I tended to act much more dense and lumbering in real life. It was an easy way to convince people I was friendly but a bit dumb. So when I did actions that almost got their characters killed, they just played it off like it was a mistake.

At least until I managed to kill both/only tremere players, and revealed why it happened. It was a great game, and unfortunately they never played tremere again so I couldn't pursue it anymore with them, and some of the newbies we got tried but were smarter than the original players and figured out I was doing it on purpose.

I managed to kill a lot of tremere in two chronicles.

Reminder that there were never were "true brujah", Troile was Ilyes' only childe

user, that's only from a certain point of view.

bump what