Horror General

I've recently watched;

The VVitch - 6/10
The Conjuring - 5/10
The Wailing - 6.5/10
American Werewolf in London - 9/10 has one of the greatest transformation scenes I've ever seen.
Don't Breathe - 7/10
VHS - 7.5/10
We Go On - 8/10
Yellowbrickroad - 6/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AKvwWQ7tSmk
imdb.com/title/tt1675192/?ref_=nv_sr_2
imdb.com/title/tt0246578/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt1853739/
imdb.com/title/tt0098354/?ref_=nv_sr_5
imdb.com/title/tt0086541/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
imdb.com/title/tt0475169/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0093629/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0089885/
imdb.com/title/tt5022702/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
imdb.com/title/tt4160708/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
imdb.com/title/tt3235888/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
imdb.com/title/tt0862856/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0261983/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
imdb.com/title/tt1172994/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
imdb.com/title/tt2980592/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt1470827/?ref_=nv_sr_8
imdb.com/title/tt0303816/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt2910814/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0106912/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0119081/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0808279/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0080360/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt1259521/?ref_=nv_sr_1
attaboyclarence.com/the-secret-history-of-hollywood/31/5/2017/shadows-part-1-the-boy-from-the-black-sea
imdb.com/title/tt0806203/
imdb.com/title/tt1598778/?ref_=nv_sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0108941/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Wailing is more an 8/10 I think.

The vampire/succubus tape from V/H/S deserves its own movie.

Also The Wailing does deserve a higher rating.

Anyone watched the two Ouija movies? Are they good? Thinking about watching tonight.

>The vampire/succubus tape from V/H/S deserves its own movie.
She got one this year named Siren or something with the same actress, but I haven't watched yet.

Hey, /hor/ long time no see

>The vampire/succubus tape from V/H/S deserves its own movie.

It exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=AKvwWQ7tSmk

Is The Autopsy of Jane Doe any good?

>tfw the wailing is probably the only movie I've seen that I really felt was 2deep4me

I honestly didn't get the end at all. Feel dumb. I liked it but I didn't get the end.

>Anyone watched the two Ouija movies? Are they good? Thinking about watching tonight.

First one is fucking awful, just real bottom of the barrel trash. So it surprised me thhat the prequel was, alll things considered, pretty good.

Its not actually really that deep. The Japanese man was the read evil spirit. The father didn't stay until the third time the rooster crowed. The girl spirit was actually the good spirit. The shaman that came in to rid the soirits was actually working with the The Japanese man/evil spirit.

When is Justin Benson's (Resolution) The Endless coming online? I see it's been 'released' on 22nd of April.

Yeah it's sweet.

Watch Siren

I was thinking along those lines but still aint so sure.

Do you guys have any more Korean horror movies to recommend? Just recently realized that Korean horror is much better than Japanese horror

it kills me that VHS only got incredibly bad with the sequels. the first one was pretty good. i had a hell of a fun time watching it

If you enjoy zombies watch Train to Busan

Yeah, overall the first one was the best, but my favorite sequence was that asian demon cult in the second one. Pure kino.

Get out has to be up there. Very creepy

6.5/10 imo. Original concept, poor execution.

So i saw a movie with Gary Busey about succubi awhile ago and siren recently. Is there anything else worth watching that is worth it?

Not that guy but that isn't a horror movie, dumbfuck. Now be a good fuck toy and recommend an actual horror movie before I shove my long, thick 8 inch cock down your sissy throat and shoot my warm, milky load.

>The VVitch - 8/10
>The Conjuring - 2/10
>The Wailing - 3/10
>American Werewolf in London - 9/10
>Don't Breathe - 3/10
fixed

How would you guys rate The Rite?
Saw it when it first came out and fuckin loved it even though the ending was alittle cheesy. Still spooped the high hell outta me tho

Loved the Conjuring and wrote off the Conjuring 2 and Annabelle as cashcow trash. Was i correct?

I want some serious spoops tonight. Jump scares are okay but not exactly encouraged since they're usually terrible. I like good atmosphere and suspense, any recs?

Just finished watching the scream tv show. Wasn't too bad, didn't have too much teen drama and stuck to the mystery of "whodunnit"

I guessed the first season villain right, second season threw me off because i had a completely different theory compared to what they went with

Yeah, I thought it was pretty solid. Sup Forums had some fun discussion threads when it was airing too.

much better

>The VVitch - 8/10
ayyy lmao

>VHS - 7.5/10
I like VHS, but I don't think it deserves that high of a rating, the 1st tape is amazing, the second one is fucking boring and stupid, the 3rd had a cool concept but rather dumb as well, the 4th was pretty creepy and i really liked it but it was kinda weird, and the 5th one had some cool parts and some spooky parts but for the most part i found it to be funny. id give it a 6/10. Also really original idea

wtf
this if anything, ill give the originality a point but it wasn't creepy or scary at all, it was more of a thriller than anything

>The Witch is 6/10 while VHS is 7.5/10
>having halves in your scale

If you haven't already seen it Pulse is some excellent Japanese horror.

>re-watched American Werewolf in London this past weekend
>still fucking amazing both as comedy and horror
I'm a bit spooked that Max Landis is supposedly going to remake it. Really hope he doesn't piss on his dad with this.

Also: Got any more good werewolf movies?

Not a paranormal horror flick but just finished Suspect Zero and can say it was good watch if you have a 2 hours to kill. Has Serial Killers being hunted by an ex FBI guy that can remote view and was well acted. FWIW

Any anons see It Comes at Night? Thinking of taking my gf to see if on Friday.

>atmosphere and suspense
also happens to be the best horror movie of that decade

Anyone seen this? Any good/worth watching?

It's a bit corny, but it's worth the time.
>tfw the protagonist is basically her fuck-toy through the entire movie
>tfw she rapes him in the graveyard

Thanks. Sounds fun enough.

good luck finding one with decent English subs. I tried searching desu senpai and my search led me nowhere.

Not that guy ....b.but you can shove your cock down my throat and ill swallow every drop...n..n.no homo.

I saw it. Took my wife. We liked it but not really a horror film, more suspense.

Okay anons, let me just be real with you for a second. I'm not from a first world country and shit is getting real where I'm living, my peaceful happy existence has a 50/50 of going down the tubes and I might not have internet for a while and just my laptop, so I'm going to drop all of the pretense and ask you all straight:

Please recommend me some horror movies that
>are actually pretty good (because I like horror)
>also have women peeing in them (because it's my fetish)
>are enjoyable to watch more than once (in case I can't get back online/have to leave my home)

bump

Okay, so since this board can't decide what is horror and what isn't. I'm going to include thrillers in that category or films with supernatural elements. This list is in no particular order, and I will include IMDB links for the films I recommend. I didn't really put them in any particular order just some that I thought were good off the top of my head. So here's a small selection of stuff. It's not all kino, but at least watchable and entertaining.

Take Shelter 2011
imdb.com/title/tt1675192/?ref_=nv_sr_2
Donnie Darko
imdb.com/title/tt0246578/?ref_=nv_sr_1
You're Next
imdb.com/title/tt1853739/
Society
imdb.com/title/tt0098354/?ref_=nv_sr_5
Videodrome
imdb.com/title/tt0086541/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
13 Tzameti
imdb.com/title/tt0475169/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors
imdb.com/title/tt0093629/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Reanimator
imdb.com/title/tt0089885/

I tried to avoid zombie movies. There are a few home invasion type movies that are already mentioned that are pretty good like
Hush
imdb.com/title/tt5022702/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
Don't Breathe
imdb.com/title/tt4160708/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
It Follows
imdb.com/title/tt3235888/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Lost Highway

Thanks, I appreciate it! Will get to downloading.

try subscene, newfag

Any other horror movies set in remote locations with a heavy emphasis on atmosphere and mystery?

>The VVitch - 6/10
Damn, well if that's your opinion I gue-
>Don't Breathe - 7/10
>VHS - 7.5/10
Hello master pleb.

There are a few fun ones out there like
Trick r Treat
imdb.com/title/tt0862856/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Session 9
imdb.com/title/tt0261983/?ref_=tt_rec_tti
House of the Devil
imdb.com/title/tt1172994/?ref_=tt_rec_tti

Lynch is a genius.

Resolution
The VVitch but everyone's seen it

>don't breathe rated better than the wailing

The Eye

Realistic horror films shit all over supernatural horror, how people can get scared of a ghost or monster is beyond me.

Thought it kind of fell apart toward the end, but still pretty good.

A few "off the wall ones' which are hard to categorize
The Guest
imdb.com/title/tt2980592/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Monsters
imdb.com/title/tt1470827/?ref_=nv_sr_8
Cabin Fever
imdb.com/title/tt0303816/?ref_=nv_sr_1

not requester but also a pissfag and I love zombie flicks, so requesting any you thought of but didn't list

Did you watch Borgman?

Hush is an amazing film. So refreshing to see that sort of movie not rely on an unstoppable Mike Meyers like killer.
You're Next was good for that too but that movie didn't take itself very seriously.

>Don't Breathe - 7/10
>VHS - 7.5/10
Yeah no. Shit taste is shit.

None of these contain piss, I was just making a list of some horror films that I didn't think were terrible and worth watching. I'm just adding films as I remember them and sorta fit with the thriller, horror, psychological mind-fuckery theme. I try to stay away from zombie movies because they're too formulaic. Not to say that there aren't good zombie films, there are, but alot of them tend to follow the same formula and it's tiresome.
The Signal
imdb.com/title/tt2910814/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Fire in the Sky
imdb.com/title/tt0106912/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Event Horizon
imdb.com/title/tt0119081/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It was definitely under the radar, which is surprising. Went into it not expecting much, but it turned out to be pretty good.Same thing with Don't Breathe, although I admittedly sided with the Villain more than the protagonist in that movie. It's still worth a watch.

Not even comparable movies, Don't Breathe is exploitation shock-schlock. Felt like I was watching something out of a completely different era.

No. The horror genre is all trash.

Phoenix Forgotten - 2/10 one of the worse movies I've ever watched
Alien Covenant - 6/10 7/10 because I'm an aliens fan
It Comes at Night - 8/10

See, I'm exactly the opposite, I have no idea how anybody can find regular shit scary. I mean when you think about it, the only type of horror movie you can make that isn't supernatural is just about somebody or something threatening the life or well-being of the protagonist(s). How fucking boring is that? Serial killers? How is that scary? It's just a human being who kills people. They have no advantage over anybody else, we're all human.

The only thing that really creeps me out are things that aren't normal, and/or creatures which have an advantage over us either mentally or physically. Aliens/interdimensional beings are the creepiest because they are so far above us that we would be completely helpless.
Also the unknown and things you don't/can't understand.

Nothing can hold a candle to An American Werewolf unfortunately.
The Howling is pretty great for its time if you haven't seen it.

I definitely think the marketing team for It Comes at Night pulled the ol' bait and switch, but I enjoyed it in the way I enjoyed The VVitch. it's a suspenseful family drama, nothing more. and can definitely understand people being disappointed in it

Monsters aren't real. It's as simple as that, to me.
I find movies like Green Room or Funny Games terrifying because it's possible for something like that to actually happen.

Neither of them were huge budget films, I liked that the antagonist in both films were very human. They didn't go full friday the 13th on either one of them, which was more what I was expecting so I was pleasantly surprised. It follows is a bit strange, feels like a nostalgia film to the tune of Are You Afraid of the Dark. It's not bad either.

>not being able to enjoy both
plebs

its all about how its executed

Of course I can enjoy both, a good movie is still a good movie. I just don't really get properly scared unless it's a relatively realistic situation.

Maybe you have to be black for it to be scary.

have you seen The Changeling? best ghost story movie ever made

Saw a dumb Mexican found footage movie. Was really fucking stupid and not scary at all. They never bothered to build up any lore. Don't even remember the name that's how shit it was.

Also saw, Man vs. It's ok. The concept is neat but it's too rushed and the cgi is above Sci Fi channel but still not good. And the plot is pretty predictable Still confused on how the alien knew how to play chess.

I liked the Wailing, but A Tale of Two Sisters is definitely the best Asian horror movie for me. It's one of my favourite movies.

The best horror movie ever made is The Fly. The goldblum remake. The transformation is so utterly disgusting and shocking and the despair and regret conveyd in the character is perfect. When I think of the definition of the word "Horror" I can't think of anything that better captures that feeling and meets that more than The Fly.

ppl always bring up shit like The Thing as the GOAT but it's just not as terrifying IMO, it's extremely well-made and suspenseful but doesn't leave you with the same feeling the fly does while you're watching it.

also I fucking hate body horror movies they're disgusting and I can't even sit thru it desu, couldn't watch human centipede, tusk is the worst movie ever made IMO. but the fly is just different

tl;dr
the fly underrated

>ew so gross!
Yeah no.

>Monsters aren't real. It's as simple as that, to me.
I definitely understand where you're coming from with that. I am actually the same way to a degree, but I'm the type of person who leaves pretty much everything in life open. I don't think we can ever be certain about anything, so even though I don't believe in ghosts/monsters at all in real life, when I'm watching a horror movie I suspend my disbelief and open my mind to the possibility, so that I can watch it with the mindset that the things that are happening in the movie could possibly happen in real life and how terrifying it would be if they did.
I think it all goes back to the unknown for me, things that don't make sense. When it's people killing other people, I understand that. It happens ever single day in real life, so I don't find that creepy whatsoever, the core of the situation is way too normal. Really only things that aren't normal creep me out.

Funny Games is good, the remake was a shot-for-shot true remake, and honestly I preferred the characters in the remake to the original film. I would also include Cabin in the Woods on this list even if it is liked by Reddit, because it is a good take on classic horror movie tropes.
Funny Games
imdb.com/title/tt0808279/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Altered States
imdb.com/title/tt0080360/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Cabin in the Woods
imdb.com/title/tt1259521/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Curious, how do you view futuristic sci-fi horror movies like Alien?

The Thing (1981)

Definitely one of the most appealing things about horror movies is the sheer creativity afforded to filmmakers in putting them together.

Rewatched this for first time since I was a kid the other night. It's got a lot of lame Hollywood trappings but there's a really good movie underneath it.
Totally worth going in blind if you know nothing about it. Don't even google it.

Knowing that the director is a convicted pedophile made it a lot more scary

as a kid this and the hills that have eyes were the horror GOATs

Well it made the sequel have a creepy undertone since it was about a high school sports team and it had a ridiculous amount of shirtless young men in it

Finally, I watched The Void, A Dark Song and Black Mountain Side. Pretty good films all three

I would say: A Dark Song > The Void > Black Mountain Side

Mountain Side was 'different', I like that kind of thing, but the fucking deer looked like SHIT, all the elements did not form a cohesive plot and the ending was pretty weak, It seemed to me.

The Void suddenly had a really complex premise that appeared almost from nothing, after just 20 minutes. But I liked it because it had that Brian Yuzna, 80's feel.

A Dark Song was the best 'horror movie' I've seen this year.

True, granted most of them were played by adult actors. That intro scene where that kid was kidnapped though

I thought the only thing good about The Void was the fucking awesome practical effects/creature designs

the story and ending was pretty shit and uninspiring.

I can give the costume in Black Mountain Side a pass because it's not like it actually looks like anything, that's just the form it takes to appear to people

i've been trekking through the RKO/Val Lewton horror canon. the commentaries are so good, William Friedkin covers the Leopard Man.

it's sort of amazing how they were able to make stylish horror movies with no budget and clever lighting. I hated Cat People the first time around because I thought it'd be a schlock horror film but it's a damn masterpiece of psychological thrillers.

it pairs great with the new Secret History of Hollywood series

attaboyclarence.com/the-secret-history-of-hollywood/31/5/2017/shadows-part-1-the-boy-from-the-black-sea

Last one I saw was The Devil's Candy, which was about a 7/10. The director's first film, The Loved Ones is like a 9/10 (as far as horror movies go). Try both of them.

Some plague Kino
Carriers
imdb.com/title/tt0806203/
Contagion
imdb.com/title/tt1598778/?ref_=nv_sr_1
The Stand
imdb.com/title/tt0108941/

>VHS - 7.5/10
Opinion discarded. One good segment followed by some embarrassing trash.

Okay seriously what's with the links

I saw Contracted. If there is a more perfect movie worthy of a 5/10 rating it's this one.

>awful story telling
>almost every character is fucking stupid
>one of the worst portrayals of a doctor in any movie I've seen
But
>the make up and body horror is top notch

Some of the films share the same titles. For real, there are at least three films with the title contagion. Rather you figure out which I'm talking about than have to guess or see the one that has a 4 rating on imdb.

>ctrl f
>in the mouth of madness
>prince of darkness
>leviathan
>blade 2
>thirst
>zero results