My dad died 15 years ago today and I feel like killing myself

My dad died 15 years ago today and I feel like killing myself.

Please post classic cartoons I can watch to distract me from how bleak existence really is.

Anything from the rubberhose era to the Chuck Jones-era Looney Tunes shorts is fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_H-6RlDYnI
youtube.com/watch?v=aDATXtewPrg
youtube.com/watch?v=CPUta9zOriM
youtube.com/watch?v=1EeCxBJbAfo
youtube.com/watch?v=R78jw_Sk7hs
youtube.com/watch?v=_9xkIXf9Tjc
youtube.com/watch?v=miw_Jw7j2sE
youtube.com/watch?v=8SPvI9wA6Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=qfEiveTQy3M
youtube.com/watch?v=F6j0EbS7skc
youtube.com/watch?v=3JNt3EpCJZU
youtube.com/watch?v=-EsRZG_dRkw
reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/
reddit.com/r/jobs/
youtu.be/2dbR2JZmlWo
youtube.com/watch?v=XpwbNYFvZy4
youtube.com/watch?v=r_7ABpCyflg
youtube.com/watch?v=BcGCGhjHFuU
youtube.com/watch?v=XqoMjraqzIU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjJRbMIuF5g
youtube.com/watch?v=FXfiidC_dtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill yourself so you can join papa.

Thanks, I might just do that.

It's what he would have wanted.
Just imagine how proud your dad would be of his son killing himself.

Can post some cartoons please

Sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=B_H-6RlDYnI

Don't kill yourself

I feel like If you kill yourself no one would miss you. I for one wuldbt and I'd dig up your body and make hobos rape it

I'd dig it up and rape it myself

A CORPSE! I'LL STEAL IT! NO-ONE WILL EVER KNOW!

I went down to St. James Infirmary,
Saw my baby there,
Stretched out on a long white table,
So cold, so sweet, so fair.

Let her go, let her go, God bless her,
Wherever she may be,
She can look this wide world over,
But she'll never find a sweet man like me.

youtube.com/watch?v=aDATXtewPrg

How old are you OP

youtube.com/watch?v=CPUta9zOriM

youtube.com/watch?v=1EeCxBJbAfo

All-time classic
youtube.com/watch?v=R78jw_Sk7hs

And here's a documentary on Tex Avery, the greatest cartoonist ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=_9xkIXf9Tjc

Whatever you've gone through in life so far, 20 years isn't enough to say "I'm out. Deuces!" and kablam yourself. Sure it sucks now, but you've only just started your second decade. Life changes drastically over time (though not as drastically as a bullet into your brain), and you shouldn't just stop the race because your shoes aren't tied. I'm not going to say "DON'T DO IT" because you're not here for that and we frankly aren't the best at preventing suicides. All I'll say is 'don't do it today.' To help you with that, here's one of my favorites from the rubberhose era: Popeye Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves!

youtube.com/watch?v=miw_Jw7j2sE

I didn't realize they made shorts this long.

Why were studios willing to pay to fund these high-quality shorts back then and not now?

Because it was new and exciting back then.

But they funded these for 30 years. What's the financial incentive?

They would each get very long runs in theatres and everyone would see them.

So the thinking was that people would go to theaters not only to see the movie but to catch the latest cartoon?

And newsreel

So I guess it kind of like the opener for the movie.

OP, if you're serious, please don't kill yourself. Hell, if you want to talk to someone, I'll listen. I've got skype, discord, and steam currently installed.

It'll be 7 years for me this December. Hang in there user. For all our sakes. You're never as alone as you think.

Also if you want to talk you can email me. Whatever you do please don't kill yourself.

OPs not responding because he's sucking cocks in hell.

Exactly. Here, have an Oswald cartoon

youtube.com/watch?v=8SPvI9wA6Cc

And now here is a vintage Porky Pig short.

youtube.com/watch?v=qfEiveTQy3M

If you're serious, please don't hurt yourself. We've all had terrible days, they're not worth ending it all.

>three threads related to old cartoons
I didn't expect that, desu.

Gulliver's Travels 1939, paramount wanted to try what Disney was doing and this was their only attempt, pity it's quite a charming movie

youtube.com/watch?v=F6j0EbS7skc

This was he first of Fleischers three double-reel Popeye cartoons and technically the first animated feature ie. Not a short shown before a movie but rather a feature attraction itself, though obviously not the standard feature length of today.

I wish that they'd done movies with Popeye in this style instead of 'Mr. Bug Goes to Town' and 'Gullivers Travels' which are obviously trying to imitate Disney.

My dad died 9 years ago when I was 15.

It still hurts every fucking day. When I'm dreaming he's still alive and I spend time with him and show him new video games and stuff.

God the filtering looks almost as bad as the Sword in the stone blu-ray

I think what makes me more sad than my dad dying when I was so young as the fact that my mom was his second wife.

His first wife cheated on him after almost 40 years of marriage.

My sister got my father for all of her childhood and I got to see him die on Father's Day as a 5 year old boy.

My mom died 2 weeks ago.
I'm still having trouble processing that.

At least you had your dad around and not having him lose his mind and go away to the mental hospital when you were 7 years and then slowly watch him fall apart, turn into skin and bones and become a paraplegic over 20+ years and then end up in a nursing home for a few years until he dies from lung cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=3JNt3EpCJZU

another popeye double reel

youtube.com/watch?v=-EsRZG_dRkw

Sorry for your loss.

Oh and pic related.

In the golden age of Hollywood, studios would sell their feature films to theatres in packages. "You can show our A-list movie but you have to take a couple B movies, some shorts, some cartoons and a newsreel."

This is how studio cartoons were funded, as well as live action shorts such as Laurel and Hardy or The Three Stooges.

The shorts program was the perfect training ground for cartoonists and animators. Ditto for live action comedians.

The system was one of well organized experimentation which why is why cartoons changed and improve ed so quickly. They went from Steamboat Willie to Snow White in 10 years!

But it all ended when the Supreme Court ruled against block booking and theaters were no longer obliged to buy shorts along with feature films. Without this funding the shorts program died a quiet death.

This the reason that to this day when you go to the movies, all you get is the movie, trailers and maybe some ads.

I already know it isn't a classic cartoon, but I recommend you to watch Wander Over Yonder.
Just in case, Tom and Jerry.
I also may sound quite inopportune, but Wander may change your mood, making you laugh and, maybe, making you think about seeing the life in a whole more positive point of view. And maybe you'd stop thinking about killing yourself. Because life is beautiful.

Sorry to sound inopportune, in case

please don't

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1 (800) 273-8255

reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/

reddit.com/r/jobs/

We all know what it's like to lose someone, I've hit 13 years this year with my own dad and it still hurts a lot, and yes wallowing in sorrow is easier, but it's not good for you. You need to go out and talk to someone, anyone because bottling this up is only going to make it worse.

>My dad died 15 years ago today
Not to sound insensitive, but I envy you.

youtu.be/2dbR2JZmlWo

user please take care of yourself. Don't hurt yourself mentally or physically. Talking to someone, friends or family or a therapist, will change your life for the better.

my dad ran away with all our money because police were after him

I do second this. Wander Over Yonder is a beautiful show with a lot of homage to classical cartoons and a very zany style.

Filthy Frank is for 13 year old faggots.

Hang yourself faggot

One less shitter is exactly what this board needs

What age CAN you say you're out? 30, right?

Only if you're a wizard.

Don't kill yourself user. Bing watch tom and Jerry. It always makes me feel better

OP please tell me you're not dead

bump

Good, good. Only a few months to go.

OP, you better not be dead.
This is more Sup Forums related, but it's still pretty great for a classic cartoon.
youtube.com/watch?v=XpwbNYFvZy4
Why is Sup Forums so depressing during a holiday, like Christmas or Mom/Dad's day? It's concerning to me.

Please don't kill yourself it'll get better.

pls post more toons

Here
youtube.com/watch?v=r_7ABpCyflg

Don't kill yourself op, there will be better times ahead.

I suposse most of the people who come here don't have good family relationships like op. Or like me.

Huh, my mom died 14 years ago but in may

Betty Boop best qt ever!
youtube.com/watch?v=BcGCGhjHFuU
youtube.com/watch?v=XqoMjraqzIU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjJRbMIuF5g
youtube.com/watch?v=FXfiidC_dtY

her adventures are so crazy, why she finally became nothing but a merchandising mascot? she deserve better.