DHMIS 6

I noticed in the latest video there was a hiccup in the editing that I assumed meant nothing

But it happens exactly at 6:19

WHAT THE FUCK

That sounds really boring.

This thread isn't very good at all.

Boooo

I don't like it.

I think it was just them readjusting the camera after pausing changing the puppets then recording again

I liked the ending. I'm pretty satisfied.

>no song.

there were dozens
specifically one about creativity

There were plenty of songs
You just didn't like them and thought they were boring

I don't like it for even one minute.

hey OP, next time you make a thread make it searchable in the catalog and and try to actually include the fucking like to the content you're talking about.

hey poster, next time you want to make a post about how to improve a thread you may want to actually reply to the fucking OP

Tell me about the Dad. Tell me your lore about him

I don't like it.

I doubt he's as evil as people make him out to be
if he was trying to keep the characters in this hell he probably would have stopped red instead of just holding his shoulder

3 is still the best.

Fuck you all.

We Charlie Kaufman now.

There's 2 things i'm really thinking is going on, just little ideas and i'm gonna look into evidence to back it up:

Roy is trying to create a perfect world and the dates represent his tries, and he didn't want Yellow guy to go to bed otherwise a new day would begin and restart the cycle.

Roy cared for his son and the reason he "Attacked" or "Followed" these characters was an attempt to make his son happy after the events of DHMIS 3 (His friends killing the butterfly/whatever thing that was at the end) and once he realized that his son was unhappy he allowed the plug to be pulled.

fuck you too. here's my rating for the episodes

6 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 3

nobody gives a shit about your opinion any more than mine

4 was the best
>that fucking ending

4 really fucked me up the most. Another thing too is that 4 is really when the story kicks in.

>red was trying to get a message through
>he tried calling but it ended up killing bird
>had to think around this
>realizes he can send messages through whatever is controlling what they were trapped in
>tries his hardest to replicate the feeling of when he was in there because he didn't understand what the fuck whatever lie beyond what they were trapped in meant
>finds it and tries his hardest to mish mash the songs into a message that yellow can understand because their simulation or whatever is faulty now that two entire captives are gone
That's why he pauses when and let's the beginning teachers start and gets them to form a semi coherent message
>he isn't able to get it through/doesn't even know how outside of the teachers he knows
That's when he starts panicking and switching teachers a lot
>this causes the info yellow is learning to go by lightning fast causing a sort of eldritch knowledge gain that sends him insane
That's when he starts screaming violently
>red tries to look away but has caused his current reality to begin breaking much like the puppets
>he tries and pulls the plug in a desperate attempt to reset
>I believe he knows it'll be reset?
He utters a deadpan I wonder what will happen and it's kind of funny
Fuck I'm so autistic

pretty interesting. idk if red guy really knew what he was doing though, just mashing buttons to try and fix things. if he can't be happy himself he might as well try to make his only remaining friend happy, which is what i believe roy was trying to do.

MY DAD IS A COMPUTER

>he has a pot on his head
kek

you lost me at the teacher part
I seriously believe he was just trying to switch it off
after seeing yellow it was blatently clear his friend was already upset about what was happening
and the reason he started changing faster is becuase he saw that it was physically painful to yellow (indicated by yellow's eyes getting fucked up)
pulling the plug was his attempt to shut it off
I think the ending after the plug was just to show that while they are able to escape there is still plenty of people to pull into it

just noticed he has the vr helmet on like all the others do in the computer episode

I Feel this gives the Roy is the prodcuer of the show theroy more validity, Yellow is the lens we see everthing through, and the image of his dad around any sort of tech shit makes him envision something much grander then what's actually there. Watching his dad jerk off with some fancy helmet on? obviously hes a computer

Read this in reds voice

...oh my.

Also anyone have snap shots of all the other singing things displayed on the video?

I can imagine the sports song being quite violent and turning into a bash and bone breaking video.

This.

>there's way less furniture
>every time the simulation begins anew it gets simpler and simpler
>it's possible when it started everything looked real and not all puppety

Very interesting theory
I believe the ending reset could also literally just being the creators fuck you moment and you realize they ended a LORE moment with nonsense and did it soley to piss off one camp and confuse the other.
All because time doesn't exist.

not everyone is dennaton though
I think the ending does mean something just not as much as the rest of the episode

>2 that low
Why? I thought it was the most terrifying of them all.

So? Get June 19th in the one with the computer.

It's on purpose to create another episodes feel
It feels weird to them and we feel weird bc were not sure what's going and that makes it even creepier
The uncanny valley comes into effect a little and it all means nothing
t. film student

I still don't feel that way
I think its only there to show that whats is escapable but cant be stopped
the fact that everything is so different shows that roy (or maybe even his higher ups) are trying different things to keep them in check
alternatively i like what the other guy said about it showing that they are given more freedom and possibly less horrific endings due to them being colored as their favorite color
its all just up for interpretation

>daily reminder that Red made this all happen
>Roy just wanted to save his son

how

Eh, I liked it a lot but it didn't have as much of the spook factor. It was scary, but it started late and didnt last long.

yeah ok sure

So Roy was behind it all. Using his machine, he tried to indoctrinate the three into sharing his beliefs, similar to how media and propaganda is used by the government to influence our own thoughts.

Red Guy's escape in Episode 4 shows what happens when someone is able to resist the influence of the media, and is not swept up in the emotional manipulation. He escapes Roy's world to a place that's the opposite to compensate. He finds himself in a world surrounded by people who have no drive and creativity as a result, a place completely alien to him to which he cannot adjust fully. He returns to Roy's world but realizes at this point that it's gone too far and the plug needs to be pulled; but even at the end, he's unsure how things will progress afterward.

Duck Guy's death in Episode 5 shows what happens when someone thinks critically about the information they've been shown and starts realizing that it doesn't add up. When he learns about the propaganda from Red, instead of attempting to escape, he instead tries to change the system. He doesn't "want to do this anymore" - play along with the manipulative, corrupt society - and causes chaos in trying to fix things. Ultimately, because Duck Guy is dangerous, he is silenced. Red Guy will carry on his work, but only after his death and only after things have become unsalvageable.

Yellow Guy is the one who stays content with bread and circuses until it is too late, and when everything finally becomes too much there is nobody left to save him until the world's own ridiculousness spurs Red Guy into action. Red Guy tries to fix Yellow Guy but he has no idea how to, only exacerbating the problem. Roy allows Red to pull the plug because even though the entire series was a result of his machinations, even he realizes that it's irrevocably poisoned his son - he has gone too far, and hurt what he loved. Unable to admit the shame of his failure, he lets Red end it, as he can't end it himself.

>Red
>Red Pilled

Reminds me of
>"M-my dad is a c-computer."

Meaning his dad is in control

nice analysis.

YOU COULD HAVE A DREAM ABOUT RIDING A HORSE

YOU COULD HAVE A DREAM ABOUT DROWNING IN OIL

so this is the end yeah?

It's never the end, as long as we keep them in our hearts.

It's literally the worst. Decent song and visuals, but it's so underwhelming compared to the others.

I ain't doing that shit.

YOU COULD HAVE A DREAM ABOUT BUILDING A WALL

Nope. On the kickstarter they said that the feedback has been overwhelming and they plan on developing these characters past the youtube series. The youtube series is pretty much the entirety of the plot, though.

He represents old people teaching kids stupid shit like 'creativity is fun but only my preferred kind (green isn't creative)' 'Love is wonderful and magical but only have it for one person you marry (then he pats a furry creature that claims it loves him and it suddenly very darkly demands to be pet harder)' etc. that gets remembered as fond childhood memories, even if your life experiences go against what Sooty or Playschool or whatever the shit taught you
and it'll never stop being that way, if you pull the plug it's a new generation being taught the same shit
Fuck the creativity song is catchy that quick snippet in 6 blasted it back into my mind

Oh then yeah it's totally the end

It all makes sense.

The love one is about how the pleasant and impossible to argue against message of 'love is great and pure and wonderful' is often a corrupted message that leads to religion's definition of love being THE ONE TRUE LOVE

Explain the name.

Pro tip: You can't.

A child scared by their parents. The parent just wants to comfort;
The child resists.

"Don't hug me. I'm scared."

or that's my interpretation

It's a reflection that lore fags have autism so dislike physical contact

DEEPEST LORE

But lore came later.

I like this idea.
Maybe the calendar serves as a counter for each iteration.
The one we've been watching was the nineteenth time the simulation ran.

It's suppose to be the sequel to "don't stand so close to me"

Mm, possibly. I like to think that the simpler set is due to the simulation's assets being lost during the hard reboot Red caused (which would mean they didn't get free but are still stuck in the loop).

The song?

>liking 6
Man this was trash. I liked it better when you could theory craft about thematic meaning rather have how vapid the series is be a fact made glaringly obvious by the last instalment.

they had to end it somehow. even still, there's still a lot of confusion about what everything means because not all of the answers were answered for us. i liked it, it fit very well.

I guess that explains why the notepad is cross-eyed this time around.

Here's my theory on it all.

Red is the creator of the show, and stars in it as an actor.

The office scene and comedy club scene in episode 6 is him pitching his idea to the public, albeit very unsuccessfully. He sees everyone as red guy because that's how he's picturing his character.

This is when episode 1-5 come in. The show finally gets on the air but the producer of the show (Roy, the yellow guys dad) plans to use it to spread propaganda about religion, time, food, etc.

In episode 4, red finally sees the manipulations Roy has made to the show which is represented by him seeing the reality of the situation, literally blowing his mind.

In episode 5 duck guy realises the propaganda Roy is spreading and decides to quit starring in the show, but being silenced in the process to prevent the information from getting out to the public.

Yellow guy fails to see the corruption his father is doing to the show because he trusts his dad and refuses to see him as a villain.

The scene after the comedy club is Red being forced by the producer to make episode ideas for the show for the producer to manipulate into propaganda.

Red finally decides to "pull the plug" on the show and officially cancel it, something he didn't want to do because he was really determined about his show working out.

Then, even after the show is cancelled, the producer is still determined to churn out propaganda so it gets remade, this time with different actors (seen by the different colours of the costumes)

That's pretty good there user

I'm pretty sure there isn't any real "story" going on and any analysis is just as "valid" as any other, but this one is my favorite. I always felt since episode 1 this whole thing was just a reflection on children's media and how baffling/unhelpful and inadvertently terrifying it is, and this is just an extension of that: a commentary on how children are indoctrinated until the point that they reject the influence feeding them or never grow up. Yellow is by far the most infantile of all of them, so he never learns to reject this influence and therefor never grows up. Red grows up and joins the boring adult world he always wanted, only to now look back on his "childhood" nostalgically.

Partial credit friend. The propoganda argument is based on unproven warrants. Other than one of the songs none of them were really all that forceful. Just the butterfly and -maybe- the notepad.
Re-examine and try again if you're sure there is meaning to discover.

I don't know why people keep trying to paint the Red Guy as the out and out villain. It's overly simplistic and honestly doesn't make any sense.

The way I see it, each character represents a different kind of fan.

Red Guy, is deep in it for a while until he realizes just how fake it all is. Like learning that Santa isn't real, it literally blows his mind. Meanwhile, he becomes an adult.

Duck Guy, is the fan who should have aged out but didn't and is trying to make sense of the weird shit around him. He's one of those deeplore/fantheorist types recognizing that things don't make sense while ignoring calls from the real world to leave. Ultimately, he's consumed by the world he loves so much.

Yellow Guy is the indiscriminate fan; the one who loves all of it just because. Like that friend of yours that loves Spider-Man and refuses to listen to any criticism about why it might suck; you know the type. He ends up being trapped by what he loves, like a manchild with too many toys, forever alone.

Meanwhile, to bring it back to Red Guy, he's out trying to make it in the real world and failing miserably. Instead of striking out and thinking creatively, he turns inward to what he knows and tries to take the reigns of the thing he loved in his childhood. Ultimately he's no good at it and he's left with pulling the plug and starting a new, shallower version of what came before, aka June 20th.

At least, that's my read.

>I don't know why people keep trying to paint the Red Guy as the out and out villain
But i have seen no one do that
Everyone is pointing to Roy not Red Guy

>None of the songs were forceful
Did you watch the same series I did?
Episode 2 Red guy just wants to watch his show. Also everyone is ear raped when Green guy questions the lesson.

Episode 4 is one of the more forceful with the computer forcing himself onto them throughout the whole thing

Do I even need to go into episode 5. Where they're literally saying to eat aspic? Among a bunch of other shit

You know what, you're totally right. Imma blame my poor reading comprehension on this terrible heat.

Thanks for looking out, user.

That was an element of the 'warping' narrative not of the content of the songs which are being supposed as meta-narrative propaganda.
Apply yourself.

>Sequel to "Don't Stand So Close To Me"
>Roy is a teacher
>He literally tries teaching the characters with his machine
>tfw Yellow is Roy's lovechild he had with an underage student

>Apply yourself.

>Saying to eat these unhealthy things isnt propaganda
>The entire computer thing promoting his digital home and oats isnt propaganda

The only one that isnt is 2. Apply yourself.

>idea hinges on propoganda
>only two clear examples and two arguably examples
>one clearly contradictory example
Unless you can justify your reasoning the ties to propoganda are incidental, pal. I liked where you were going with thing but you didn't check your warrants.

I enjoyed it quite a bit but it feels to me more like the I Am the Walrus of webtoons

Im not the one who made the theory, I just think it all was forceful propaganda as well.

But I actually dont see the contradiction. So care to enlighten me?

The proposition is that the meta-narrative is about a show with propaganda.
Only two 'episodes' of this show can be agreed upon as propaganda.
Two episodes can be argued for or against. There's evidence of propaganda but not a significant enough amount to suggest that it is certainly what was intended.
There is yet another episode which has no conceivable propaganda. If the initial proposition is correct ideally all episodes would clearly relate to propoganda. In this instance we have 4 that support it in part or full and three that support it in part or full as two episodes could swing either way.
While the two could be explained away as merely weak thematic links the presence of an episode with no propaganda basically condemns the proposition.

>GREEN ISN'T CREATIVE
>Literally strapping yellow guy down for literal brainwashing
>Questioning aspects of time, whether it even exists, this tangent immediately shut down by that episodes teacher violently and then continues to teach the opposite of what they were considering for a moment
>Computer episode breaks apart with no real message being reached yet
>Food episode doesn't necessarily say 'bad food is good', more 'these foods we're showing you here are good and these other foods are bad' - Egg Yolks are listed as bad food alongside fruit
>Episode 6 happens
If you're doing some weird meta thing convincing someone else of a wrong idea because of the show ok, but shit man

Despite all of your claims of them not being such or only arguably being propaganda you've provided no arguments for why.
Just claimed that they arent.

Thinking over it again, Time's episode could be seen as a fear based propaganda, along with its misinformation about the past.
Also the computer scene in 2 completely slipped my mind, that part is entirely in line with episode 4.

As I said before the actual series is supposed to be a analogy for the meta narrative yes? In that sense the delivery of the concepts cannot lend credence to the idea that they are propaganda. Creativity was a stifling episode and love was clearly and intentionally propaganda but Time and Computer were just about concepts wanking off about how great they are. The avatars of these concepts were creepy and cruel but that is a staple of the show.
You can no more attribute mortality to the t.v show because the avatars killed them than you can propaganda because the avatars were forceful.

The second the 'show' itself becomes something we see through a warped narrative perspective of the characters you can't really sit back on, 'oh but Time was really mean to them'

DEEP
E
E
P

woah there friend

>time could be seen as
Yeah but only if you're forcing it into the series as a whole. Seen in isolation I don't think many would agree that it had much at all to do with propaganda.
Depends how nebulous the term propaganda is for you I suppose.
All literature has meanings and messages. To say that 'oh look, time wanted them to consider the concept this way' and sit back like your point has been proven, is laughable. By your own logic DHMIS is in itself propaganda.

Oh, you're arguing about an artsy open-to-interpretation (literally said by the creator) like your interpretation's fact, ok
I disagree with your interpretation of the whole series being an analogy for the meta narrative. I like your idea about Computer but disagree with your ideas on Creativity being stifling (The 'Green isn't creative' is way too brief, and the various creative things they do before going insane were met with hooray's and such)
I'm of the opinion you're looking at it a little too 'hard' with the meta-narrative - I'm of the opinion it's centered more around specifically how things are taught to kids via media, how even something as broad as creativity can be corrupted with a personal opnion, the way these 'not-propaganda' style elements are looked back on with a cheery child-like wonder, even when you disagree with the message as time and life experience teaches you otherwise. That kind of thing.

>By your own logic DHMIS is in itself propaganda.
"The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause."
Well, yeah.

>like your interpretation's fact, ok
Never once said this matey8. Disagreeing with you is not offering my own interpretation. That's a bit of a personal reaction. All I did was point out how the reasoning was flawed and suggested that you would need a good rationale to justify the inconsistencies.
Sorry you're flustered at the first hurdle.

You trying to tell someone what they think is the definition of a word is why proper debates start by presenting the definition of the basic concepts and ideas you're arguing about
To stop manipulative weird shit like that being employed

This is literally applicable to any relay of information that humans have been involved in. Unless it's an empirical phenomena there is an element of reflected views and idiosyncrasy that's why empiricism is required in the first place.

>none of them were really all that forceful

Episode 1:
>"green is not a creative colour"
>Notepad destroys the clown painting

Episode 2:
>Clock stops them when they start questioning aspects of time
>interrupts them when they stray out of line ("an old man died..." "BUT LOOK! a computer!")

Episode 3:
>Butterfly tells Yellow exactly how to "love"
>brainwashes him
>tells him who he should be with

Episode 4 (when shit starts breaking down)
>Computer asks for all their information
>traps Yellow and Bird in a loop of mundane entertainment
>when Red sees what is going on his mind is blown

Episode 5:
>the teachers tell them exactly what to eat and how much
>"too much ___ and your teeth go grey"
>stop Bird from talking to Red over the phone (phone becomes a sandwich)

You're an English teacher or something along those lines arent you?

Because I dont understand your use of empirical there. I then looked up the definition and I still dont get it, since as far as I know a childrens cartoon would fall in line with an empirical phenomena.

All you did is point out how you think the reasoning was flawed, based on what you think propaganda means.
You're disagreeing without offering any thoughts or ideas on how or why anyone's wrong past a smug writing style and saying 'nah that ain't propaganda'. Make a real point for fuck's sake it's like talking to a smug brick wall

...so what happens on 6/20?