What is some essential special effects kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48
youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4
youtube.com/watch?v=VPs8SZZTg68
youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg
youtube.com/watch?v=m_fnXnhkv2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought that was Big Head from Silicon Valley at first but yeah, An American Werewolf in London is one of my favourite horror films. I don't think I ever saw Paris, how is it?

the thing

it's shit

it uses 90s CGI and the worst possible kind too

Day of the Dead

fucking god awful. Stay well away from it.

>What is some essential special effects kino
Certainly not pic related that shit is called pratical effects you newfag casual kino watcher

fuck outta here your newness is showing

remember what made London good? cool now strip that and add a shitty early 00's horror vibe instead

Star Wars
Starship Troopers
Matrix

Star Wars and Matrix were both hugely influential. ILM was funded because of Star Wars and bullet time was everywhere in the 2000s.

Event Horizon

The Blob (1988)
Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
Alien / Aliens
The Fly (1986)
Videodrome
Nightmare on Elm Street franchise
Hellraiser 1 & 2

My man. The pic I posted is probably the scene that genuinely freaked me the fuck out. Also the dog scene. Fuck it, the entire movie....but especially this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48

I love the movie Coraline. True kino.

Some people may try to disparage you for this opinion, I whole heartedly agree.

Hellraiser.

The Dark Crystal
The Gate

I watched The Thing for the first time when I was 11.

I did not sleep that night.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4

>36 years later and this is STILL the best werewolf transformation scene in movie history

Pretty amazing desu though the movie itself is probably the best werewolf movie also

>Little Shop of Horrors.
Just wateched some scenes with Audrey 2. The SFX team deserved a fucking award.
youtube.com/watch?v=VPs8SZZTg68

Also all the movies you posted a true kino. Honestly, this entire thread has included solid posts.

How do you guys feel about "In the Mouth of Madness". I fucking loved every minute of it. Sutter Kane is one of my favorite authors.

What a great death scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg

BANE?

>I just watched the latest Half in the Bag: The Thread

Paris isn't even that bad. But don't expect horror so much as comedy horror. It's like Birde of Chucky; a good flick if you want some laughs and bit of suspense.

While the majority of everything already said is better, Kamen Rider Zo is fun.

And the only thing people remember about Pans Labyrinth was stolen from it too.

you are even tardier since that's just make-up, to be honest

underrated

Bram Stoker's Dracula doesn't get the praise it deserves for its special effects, everyone was just too distracted by Keanu.

>How do you guys feel about "In the Mouth of Madness". I fucking loved every minute of it.

Yeah ,I love it, would have mentioned that if I had remembered.

>Just wateched some scenes with Audrey 2. The SFX team deserved a fucking award.

The puppetry was unreal, especially the exactness and quickness of the mouth movements. Which I read on the wiki page that they figured they could do by speeding up slower movements shot at a slower framerate.

its watchable if you go into it knowing its not a good movie and nothing like london

Hensoncore

Practical Effects are a type of Special Effects which include physical things that you can actually touch. Visual Effects are the type of Special Effects that are digital and not practical, like CGI.

OP has it right, Special Effects contains both. Don't talk shit if you don't know what you're talking about.

Is this movie actually good?

>never seen labyrinth

youtube.com/watch?v=m_fnXnhkv2k