This is the best movie I have watched in the past three months...

This is the best movie I have watched in the past three months, can anybody recommend me something that is of similar quality and "feel"?

Thanks!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfF4t9-wpCM
youtu.be/lya5iPcrM3o?t=224
articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/25/local/la-me-0126-compton-20130126
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try typing its name in netflix and see what it recommends you.

I thought this movie was alright I didn't like how they set it in LA suit like that has never happened in California they should have set it in Texas near the border were things like that actually happens

With this in mind and per the OP's request, Sicario or Traffic.

I don't know what kind of 'feel' are you talking about, but you should watch Collateral

youtube.com/watch?v=dfF4t9-wpCM

it was mediocre

>guy spends ages talking about how amazing a girl he met is
>turns out to be that rat
>gangbangers' acting is on par with the minorities in gran torino

It sucked tho

Thanks
Seen Sicatio, will watch Traffic, thanks.
Seen it, and it's great.

ive heard of it but Nightcrawler was good

watch Brooklyn Finest then

Pretty underrated, only seen it once though.
What planet have you been living on, besides Texas?

Was stationed at Fort Bliss, not saying you are wrong about Texas, but L.A.?

Targeted killings (or attempts) of LEOs in CA, or TX are pretty common in either state.

>I didn't like how they set it in LA suit like that has never happened in California
LA gets gang violence all the time man.

I enjoyed this movie, but the fucking cringe tier acting of the gang members hurt it a lot imo.

I grew up with gang members in the shit part of town, I know what they act like, and that aint it.

>that photoshopped gun in front of Ethan Hawke
Way to ruin a perfectly good poster you fucks.

its really confusing how cheadle and geers names are reversed at the top but hawke and snipes match

"i'm so hardcore.jpg"
lol wow buddy ur reel tuff

what hood? you grew up in a hood or varrio?

kek

That's not the point, the point is they didn't even try to make the characters even slightly real, and therefore relateable, and the film suffered for it. Anytime they were on screen I was pulled out of the film due to how fucking comically bad it was.

Parkside, Fresno.

Names are listed depending on who is first billed. What's surprising is that Richard Gere, who hasn't been a big draw since the 90's or early 2000's, is billed before anyone else on that list.

>dat chubby trigger finger

>Parkside, Fresno
>comparing fresno gangs to los angeles gangs

ay vato bulldogs represent essay wasup

Yeah, you would figure the LA gangs would be more serious, but this movie just chalks em up to a "lmao stereotype"

Lol in the 90s yeah but stuff like In the movie nah there's 3 places in California that have a lot of cartel L.A. Sacramento and Oakland stuff like what happens in that movie doesn't happen out here but I've seen on the new how they find hella dead bodies in border towns in Texas people getting kidnapped and shit if the movie was just about gangbangers I could understand but even then nobody's ever gon against the cops like that I mean jeez the swatteam should have been called in during the apartment shoot out scene

>you would figure the LA gangs would be more serious, but this movie just chalks em up to a "lmao stereotype"
how would you figure? you from fresno man lol i do agree it is stereotypical but its just fucking movie.

Where in California do you live were you've seen shit like that, it's phony homie

>t. never been to Salinas

The scraps in that movie were like cartoon character I've been to L.A. Hawaiian gardens Olympic and as much as I don't like scraps they don't act like that in real life just Hollywood pushing more stereotypes and niggers are more likely to duck with cops than mexicans

Parkside Fresno that's bulldogs turf ain't it

The television show Southland.

>start watching this movie for the first time
>after like an hour and a half, credits roll
>"I guess that's the end of watch"

Am I right?

Closer to the border, I just assume shit gets worse the closer you get to it.
Yeah.

>that has never happened in California they should have set it in Texas near the border were things like that actually happens

spotted the typical LA Liberal

Los Angeles and shit homeboy they lost the title first to oakland then to stockton lol buh buh in the 90s LA was popping yeah yeah and turtlenecks were still in fashion fuck off smell A

Hawaiian gardens

a wannabe norteno who thinks he knows how it is in so cal lol.

>niggers are more likely to duck with cops than mexicans

thats because so cal mexicans are cop killers m8

How could I forget about salinas
>greetings from the land of beatings

>you know the black guy is going down when he said two sentimental things at once

This California subhuman niggerspeak.

I hate California so fucking much I wish you faggots would secede and wither away in a drought.

A real cop killer was that dude from Ceres that unloaded on some cops with a full auto sks keep dreaming queer LA has been downy soft for a long time this ain't no American me movie foo

>The television show The Shield

ftfy

good rec

I wish you'd polish my helmet head cry baby lane

1 cop kill in nor cal lol. LA has had alot of cop killers mostly la eses.. Also why do you nortenos get butthurt over american me? funny alot of surenos in your own backyard killing you guys off.

SouthLand series

It so obvious when Californians type that they are simply on a lower echelon of thought. Must be all the mestizo admixture.

Anyway, we don't want you and the rest of the country especially doesn't want you. Thankfully in New England I am as insulated as possible from you disgusting serfs but places like Colorado aren't as lucky.

Scraps ain't shit up north nothing but a bunch of rankers who get scared and say no guey i don't bang soy paisa bunch of chicken shits

their some scraps you cant get rid off. Sending you guys to hell.

>i don't bang soy paisa bunch of chicken shits
why do you nortenos say this same shit too? its all over youtube. You guys sound pretty scared bro

I am a cop and I can tell you that this movie is certified Police Kino. The gang members acting is terrible but their cringy dialogue "rest in piss, bitch" etc. Is right on the money.

ayy I'm going through the academy right now, you a LA cop?

Nah I'm in one of the bigger city's in AL. Try to have fun in the academy bro. Ours wasn't so bad expect for getting sprayed and tazed.

What other cop kinos do you like?

fucking cringe. You're reddit-tier, go the fuck back

LA Confidential is a good one. Heat, of course. And the first season of Southland the TV show.

fuck off

When you really like a movie, don't you nerds check to see what else the director/writer has done?

can someone name me 3 more clearly oscar bait movies than this?

Texas doesn't have a huge gang problem like LA. You can't even compare the two. Yeah Texas is closer culture wise to Mexico, but the villains in the movie where Chicanos... not Mexicans. They were cholos from Los Angeles. The cartels just put a green light on them for the cops meddling too much into their business. The cholos just took the job for the money. Chicano cholos also answer to the Mexican Mafia, not cartels.

I'm a Mexican from Southern California (LA) and 100 percent the gangsters do act that way. A lot of it is a mixture of that's how they talked in the older days (thanks to Spanglish) and a lot of over exaggeration from the movies gangsters embraced. Also most gangsters from Southern California don't use that term "scraps". That's usually associated with Northern paisas.

This movie was the definition of cringe, real people don't talk like that, nor does shit like that actually happen. In their first day they were involved in five heroic once in a life time cases while bantering like nothing was happening, and the ending was a contrived piece of shit. The acting and "directing" just wasn't quite there to push this from the wannabe Band of Brothers zone to legit banter kino. My suspension of disbelief wasn't suspended :)

Poor man's Generation Kill. Also it had really bizarre editing, I remember some "back at the station" banter was hilariously ruined by some strange cuts.

easy

Por favor... you have nada idea what you are talking about, holmes. I'm from Socal and I rule the streets you puta scrap.

imagine being this guy

yea anyway this movie was trying too hard while failing at the basics

>those fucking feels

Street Kings starring Keanu Reevse. You'll fucking love it.
A New World by Park Hoon-jung (his other movies are decent too though not as good)
The Hurt Locker

>Lynne Ramsay was kick out of the project for this shit.

id rather imagine sounding my dick with splintered wood

Attack on Precinct 13

Homes, I am from the barrier. You are a scrap who is loco. Trust me; I know what I am talking about, pendejo. Vamonos from this thread, culo.

harsh times

i never knew a white boy could be a better white cholo than meeclo but christian bales pulls it off

true

>My suspension of disbelief wasn't suspended
then it was maintained..?

Also a cop in AL. We may have gone to the same academy

AL cops don't mind the mexican cop?

Pretty good movie but it was weird that it tried to be realistic but the villains were caricatures of Mexican thugs.

>I remember some "back at the station" banter was hilariously ruined by some strange cuts.
Back in the cruiser
youtu.be/lya5iPcrM3o?t=224

That's the point of the recommendation Einstein.

We have three Mexican cops in my department, all from LA, so they're kind of an afterthought out here

it was way worse than this, it was a long time since I saw this movie.
The acting was genuine and almost carried the movie but in the end the script/editing/directing just neutered anything the actors could do to salvage this piece of shit story

Tropa de Elite (Elite Squad)
Tropa de Elite 2 (Elite Squad 2)

I don't know really remember if this movie was good or not.

Its fucking tits.
That bit when Keanu bashes The Game with a telephone directory is so cash.

You sound like a bitch

End of Watch is good. Some scenes were pretty dramatic and "real"

>Knife through eye

>Body parts

>End scene

You know they should have taken that guys advice to stay low. Instead of trying to 2 v 10 a full gang

the end scene reminded me of something out of a warzone from a war movie, completely cut off being hunted in some random strange place with no help, that has to make people pretty trigger happy

also should give a shoutout to the chips remake, just watched it and it was funny as hell and I totally thought it looked stupid from promotional shit.

They're moments in that movie will make you bust out laughing, I guarantee it

Is it just me or does Michael Pena look kind of like Barack Obama?

Sicario.

he looks nothing like him. you are one faceblind motherfucker.

shit if anything Jake G in that poster looks more like obama than pena

which now that I think about it is what you meant.

The Shield tv series

Or the movie Black Hawk Down if you're going for near 2 hour setting of oh.... fuck not everyone is going to get out of here by the end feeling.

They kind of act a lot like East LV 702 mexis i know

anyone else hate rewatching End of watch? end scene makes me not want to

One of the best

From what I read it does- especially the mexicans pushing out the blacks
articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/25/local/la-me-0126-compton-20130126
I live in Texas but Cali is wild...