Will the TV show ever come out?

Will the TV show ever come out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4&index=6&list=FLqjCQJxbdaUf--ROaiNohIw&t=429s
youtube.com/watch?v=VW2ZMRt7i_I&t=157s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please no, Hollywood would completely ruin everything that made Halo great.

>everything that made Halo great.
the first four or five missions of CE?

You have two TV shows, four counting the animated version of FoR and Legends; they all suck.

It's a fun shooting who's plot is a variety of references to Aliens, The Thing, and plenty of other sci-for properties. It's too derivative from film to make an adaptation of it back to the screen.

But I mean...everything that made Halo great was the gameplay, the multiplayer specifically. The plot is literally just generic spaceshooterman. I don't see how they could make it any worse.

>shallow shoot-em-up about humanity fighting off space jihad aliens and zombie alien fungus, and sometimes robots
Soooo deep

>The plot is literally just generic spaceshooterman
Absolute pleb detected.

Fall of Reach is an okay book, and you can't stretch a feature length runtime out of Staten's one-liners.

Also deep lore isn't a substitute for a compelling narrative, you pitiful autist. There's a reason it's impossible to make a good 40K film.

Which is exactly my original point, mouthbreather. They'd just toss aside the lore in favor of a generic "Battle Los Angeles" narrative.

>Fall of Reach will never be adapted into a short series
>You will never see Halsey put a marine in MJOLNIR only for him to be crushed to death
>You will never see Master Chief kill three Marines unarmed

He doesn't kill them dude

>Legends
>Suck

Mate, Homecoming, Be Human and The Duel were all great.

You can't make a good film out of lore, you stupid fucking sperg.

Despite what your gook cartoons may have you think, exposition for its own sake isn't good storytelling.

Can you not read you fucking retard? I'm not the one who wants to make a movie about it.

Theoretically, you can make a 40k film to get people into the franchise by using a backwater planet and recruiting people into the Imperial Guards.

However, the whole problem with 40k is that people want their faction in every media and Games Workshop has a hard on for Eldar, Space Marines and Tau.

I have an intense urge to play halo CE and no xbox holy shit

CE is on on pc, just pirate it

The part where the zombie alien fungus turned out to be God was fun

My guys, Halo looks fucking fantastic in live action.

>You will never see Halsey put a marine in MJOLNIR only for him to be crushed to death

Guess you could squint during the Iron Man 2 court scene and play pretend.

>used to replay parts of halo 1 if I lost any of the soldiers until I got them all home

Halo 2 was great as well, although I never played Halo 3. Never got an Xbox 360 until years after it came out and I'd lost interest in the franchise.

Reach was great as well though. Never played 4, got it for Christmas but turned it off at the end of the first level (assuming it was the end). Wasn't feeling it at all and then I get a big quick time event alert that read PRESS X TO KILL ELITE and I just tapped out.

>>used to replay parts of halo 1 if I lost any of the soldiers until I got them all home
I liked doing that too. My favorite thing about Halo for sure, those marines. I felt attached to them.

halo lore is just a mish mash of other scifi universes, they stole concepts from starcraft, warhammer 40k, etc. space marines, "swarm" race that kills all biological life, high tech ancient aliens, power armor, doomsday devices, themes of friendship and unity between different races, muh land stand of humanity trope, high tech ancient aliens are like the catholic church trope, le space battles, its just a bunch of cliches.

Halo was at its best in the first two missions when you still didnt really understand who the fuck the covenant were and what they were capable of. You cant understand their language, the one trope they subverted and it was actually better for it, then they ruin it by making all the aliens speak english in the next game.

Once you realize its just another space soap opera, it loses the charm it had. Same thing with the flood, the whole idea was done to death before halo ever touched it.

Claim your favourite ship name.

UNSC In Amber Clad reporting in.

Say My Name babbies need not apply

Pillar of Autumn

>There's a reason it's impossible to make a good 40K film

You lack imagination.

The Lord Inquisitor - Prologue

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4&index=6&list=FLqjCQJxbdaUf--ROaiNohIw&t=429s

All Under Heaven

Shadow of Intent is breddy gud

what's the best "mission tagline" and why is it "Last One Out, Get the Lights"

Is this ever going to be done?

Would you live in the Imperium?

Yes. They're just youtubers, so it will take a few years.

Sure. I'd rather live in the Star Trek universe, but most of the Imperium is livable. I'd would take that chance.

halo 3 and odst ad campaings is enough

Hollywood would without a doubt ruin a Halo adaptation.

The only conceivable way a Halo movie would work is if it focused on the Human-Covenant war (which ironically was much more interesting than the Halos and forerunners) and make the movie incredibly graphic and violent. (I want to see limbs being blown off by needlers and marines getting stuck by plasma grenades)

>Movie 1: Introduction to the Halo Universe, specifically the Human-Covenant war. Shows how humanity is getting its shit pushed in. Entire movie is the fall of some unnamed planet. Movie ends with spartans showing up and give covies a pyrrhic victory.

>Movie 2: Introduction to the Spartans. Entire movie is about the spartan program and all the questionable things the UNSC did in creating them. Main character is Franklin, not the Chief.

>Movie 3: Fall of Reach but told from the covies side. Huge emphasis of what Reach was and the gravity of the situation of it falling. Movie ends with Pillar of Autumn escaping. Ending scene is opening scene of Halo CE

Rate my autism/dreams

I'm still mad we never got that Red vs Blue animated series.
youtube.com/watch?v=VW2ZMRt7i_I&t=157s

Pious Inquisitor

...They'll Regret That Too

Oh wow, cgi set pieces. How compelling.

Warning: Hitchhikers May Be Escaping Prisoners

It's on Netflix.

Your idea of a good trilogy is three two hour exposition fests? What's the thematic arc? Who are the characters I'm supposed to root for?

I know people with your condition have difficulty grasping the concept of empathy, but audiences aren't going to emotionally invest themselves in a fictional war that involves people they don't care about.

>you will never play the truth and reconciliation mission from halo ce for the first time ever again

Best ship. Also best song.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM

>Whats the thematic arc? Who are the characters I'm supposed to root for?

Youre right, and thats the roadblock I've hit and I believe the main problem with adapting a Halo movie.

Who would be the main character?

I believe having master chief, a faceless super soldier as the main character is a mistake.

It works in the video game platform because you assume his role. But it wont translate well into a movie.

Main thematic arc I would like to go after is the dangers of religious zealotry, horros of war and genocide and what its like to be at the receiving end of it.

They kind of jumped the shark with Assault on the Control Room

Truth and Reconciliation

>there are people who don't like assault on the control room
It's the best level in the game.

>thematic arc

Do all trilogies have to have this?

What was the thematic arc of Alien?

Can you list me trilogies and they're respective thematic arcs?

Are there any trilogies that don't have one and are good?

I'm genuinely curious

Shit, I mean after Assault on the control room. The point is it was all downhill after that point.

Still, I really liked HALO 3 and ODST. New Mombasa was a great setting.

why are you so hostile?

he kills like two of them or something with his bare fucking hands, bro. it's what he was trained for all his life: to kill.

He did

I hope not
Nothing would be lamer than Halo TV show a decade after it was at it's peak popularity

I still think Landfall was one of the greatest pieces of video game advertisements made. Still am pissed that M$ tossed that Blomkamp project they partially funded a while back. The BS Ridley Scott pulled off with that miniseries was insulting.

He must be a Valvedrone, they despise Halo.

Two For Flinching

this is the best one

Your Ass, My Size 24 Hoof