Is it possible to consider Oggy and the Cockroaches the successful and full of whistles spiritual successor of Tom and...

Is it possible to consider Oggy and the Cockroaches the successful and full of whistles spiritual successor of Tom and Jerry?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xd6tnb_episode-1-la-mouche_shortfilms
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xlnQjl-K8
youtube.com/watch?v=aHId5fUg8r8
youtube.com/watch?v=X8m0Rqsn0vU
youtube.com/watch?v=-EAkaFyKqBY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I could see that.
Is it done or will there be more some day.
You don't really get to see how the dynamic would change as a result of Oggy and Olivia now being married

I mean, there are a lot of cartoons similar to"Tom and Jerry " today, but I appreciate how Oggy offers this type of entrainment in a whole new point of view

I prefer it to Tom & Jerry. Both sides are assholes, so it doesn't feel like the good guy is getting his ass kicked every episode.

There was something really fucking disturbing about this cartoon that made me terrified of watching it. Don't know if it was the way humans were drawn or sounds characters made, but it was very surreal and uncomfortable. Honestly, mute cartoons are scary.

I remember another silent show about the adventures of a fly, anyone?

While it doesn't usually reach the comical levels of original T&J it still replicates the formula much much better than all of the T&J reboots and follow up cartoons.

I've always liked the gibberish dialogs they use. My favorite one is probably the poorly stitched cats meows.
The earlier episodes played a lot with space, making staircases or rooms bigger than they really are, that's probably one reason. At least for me.

dailymotion.com/video/xd6tnb_episode-1-la-mouche_shortfilms

Yeah I think it was also made by Xilam. They made a show based on that Lucky Luke dog. These guys are good

Also this.

forgot pic

the sound effects make me laugh.

I thought that was the point
>characters didn't used words
>relies on slapstick
>both sides are assholes
>the dog will likely fuck up everyone up

Damn, I almost forgot about that

Yeh

>I like it more because it's less mean-spirited

Seriously?

I like how Oggy and Jack wins quite a lot.

Well, when something gets so mean spirited you're actively rooting against the protagonist and for the antagonist, yes.

>mfw this show is still getting new episodes.

Mr. Enter, fuck off.

Wasn't this show cancelled after a few episodes?

So which one is the best Cockroache? Dee Dee, Marky or Joey?

The fat one is the worst of the three. What a piece of shit

It's a long runner, with Turner co-producing the latest seasons.

For the information of noone in particular: The German version had narration by a fairly popular comedian spoken in verse, much like the German version of the Pink Panther shorts had. I don't know why that decision was made but I always felt like the shows benefitted from it.

It's a valid point, though. Slapstick is much more satisfying if the character it happens to is a jerk or at least pompous and arrogant enough to make his humiliation feel deserved.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xlnQjl-K8

It always comes back every four years. Truly the Olympics and the World Cup of animation.

The tall green one is so fucking pointless and bland that I can't recall him doing anything intresting.

If you like it, yes.

If you don't like it, no.

HOWEVER
O
W
E
C
V
E
R

Not with that art style, no.

Pure Oggy and the Cockino:
youtube.com/watch?v=aHId5fUg8r8
This shit has stayed with me for over a decade. Blew my little Bong brain. The French are fucking nuts.

>Reminder that both cats are a gay couple

>as a result of Oggy and Olivia now being married

He did? Damn I need to catch up with my Oggy and the Cockroaches lore

This show was probably one of my favorite childhood shows and years later when discussing it with a friend, I looked it up to get a reminder of how many episodes it had (thinking it ended ages ago after about two seasons or so) and was really surprised and happy to see that it's still alive and has been for quite a while. I still have so many episodes to catch up on. I really feel like this show was underrated as hell. The art was always what impressed me the most.

Super bittersweet feels, though, that my uncle who introduced me to the show and watched it with me died somewhat recently and I think of him every time I sit down and watch it.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about that show always bugged me.

The character design and animation, something about them is... off.

It's not the same without Dirk Bach (German comedian who narrated the episodes with funny rhymes, making the show more mature). RIPs.

Funny how this thread happens to show up when a lot of Oggy videos seem to somehow trend currently here.

The theme song to that is so groovy...
[ youtube.com/watch?v=X8m0Rqsn0vU ]

Pics or it never happened.

>narrated the episodes with funny rhymes, making the show more mature)
I wanna see one example of this.

>dat description

I always thought it was weird that Iggy Pop of all people did the opening theme for a French cartoon that wasn't even that big a deal.

>I wanna see one example of this.
This is the only video featuring the voiceover I could find, which is a shame.
youtube.com/watch?v=-EAkaFyKqBY

It was confirmed that the show is getting another season and it will have Ultra Resolution quality.

Not really, the cockroaches are straight up assholes and the show treats them as such. You're not supposed to root for the roaches like you are with Jerry, and I like that.

The ordering is weird so it just happens in the middle even though I think it's supposed to go at the end.