Earth has become """""uninhabitable"""""

>Earth has become """""uninhabitable"""""

>so we colonized this dry lifeless desert planet and the cold, empty vacuum of space

B R A VO N O L A N
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5sl08babPi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>be mcconaheyheyhey
>your daughter hates you so much for trying to preserve the human race she tells you to go back for dusty space pussy
>actually do it

the madman

Did you not watch the movie? They sent people out to find places to potentially live, ie find habitable planets, not all of them were going to be habitable. That's they it was regarded as a suicide mission, because NASA knew the astronauts might not find anywhere for humanity to live.

Someone please explain to me how solving the gravity equation and getting everyone offworld solved the blight issue?

How the fuck did they feed everyone? How were they able to grow food? Where did they get atmosphere that was uncontaminated?

Now that you list all of that, I honestly think Interstellar wouldve made a better TV show.

Should have ended right here
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5sl08babPi4

solving the gravity problem allowed them to build localized gravity generators which solves the getting tonnes of material into space problem, which is why they want to build a spacehook irl.

that other stuff I have no clue but I'm assuming since it took so many years to build the colony ship that they spent a lot of time stockpiling everything they need.

They also took a very small amount of people probably. I mean it took them years and years to get that thing in the air., they essentially built a ring world ship.

I mean only other science equivalent would be a dyson sphere. Which I have no clue. Seeds and water would be the hardest things to generate for so many people and air can be filtered, so they could have taken shitty air from earth and purified it.

fucking hell, you had to re-open old wounds...

HOW THE FUCK IS CORN, ONE OF THE MOST RESOURCE DEMANDING AND INEFFICIENT CASH CROPS THE VERY LAST THING THAT IS ABLE TO BE HARVESTED!

>"""""uninhabitable"""""

Code for too many poor brown people. Dry and lifeless, cold empty vacuum, much preferable.

Interstellar can only be appreciated with an IQ of 49.

I honestly don't think Nolan thought about it that hard. The script is generally all over the place.

>so they could have taken shitty air from earth and purified it

If they can purify the air to remove the blight then why do they need to leave Earth in the first place?

Earth becomes uninhabitable so we send scientists to find planets to colonise but end up living in space stations anyway

NOLAN'D

I don't understand why Nolan loves ending his movies in cliffhangers

just water-mine the wave planet. problem solved.

because it would only be temporary. All of their resources would continue to deplete, from the way they were showing the world, they're saying it would become unhabitable for human life, so at some distant point, that we don't see, earth becomes so unstable that rest of humanity has to live underground until it eventually dies off from ever decreasing resources.

that would be my guess. If you have planetary duststorms, that means water is going to be the biggest problem, you would have to filter everything.

People don't realize how easy it is for shit to get into water aquifers underground, so even deep wells would get polluted.

I mean the dustbowls we had here in america were terrible but it wasn't something like they showed in interstellar. Storms that big would change the continent. It would begin to upend all of the usable soil, foul water and stifle the air to point life would be unlivable on the surface and planet would continue to get worse.

the planet they found is stable and can be slowly terraformed. start growing plants and other ecology, and that world could probably be turned into paradise.

It looked like that ship was moving entire ecosystems, farms, water, all of it with them so..they take earth to the new world so to speak.

Grab a few passing comets, and boom you've got ability to rebuild lakes and oceans, create a sustainable biosphere and we try not to sudoku a second world.

I don't care how "uninhabitable" Earth is, it's more habitable than 9.9x10^36 other celestial bodies in the universe. The "Plan B" was stupid for this reason, it's a waste of resources. Only thing non-earths are good for is mining. Even Antarctica is a thousand times more suitable for life than exoplanets. Potable liquid water, breathable air, suitable gravity, survivable temperatures in the summer - even animals that are compatible with our chemistry!

And some animals that are compatible with our body chemistry

That's not a cliffhanger. The story is over and the movie had a climax. Ending a movie in the middle of the resolution isn't a cliffhanger.

How could Mconaheyhey send a no doubt highly complex algebraic equation through simple morse code?

Why does he need to steal a spaceship at the end? Whole movie makes no fucking sense, typical Nolan bullshit. Can't wait to see how he screws up WW2.

Hescienced the shit out of it.

BACK THE FUCK OFF???

I still don't get the "gravity equation", what the FUCK are they talking about? The retards were actually planning to get 7 billion people on some space station? And when MURPH solved it, what did they do? Use gravity to lift people off the planet? Or they did use that NASA platform to save some people (like 300 at most fitted there)?

>people still don't get it

gravity control is often a way of showing technology disparity in scifi, a lot of ways this is shown is localized gravity control, so you have to assume solving the gravity problem is controlling gravity, in a local way.

if they can really control gravity..it's like becoming masters of the universe, you control a constant part of the universe.

Once again, did you not watch the movie? The Earth was dying. There was a worldwide blight that was killing off everything that wasn't corn and duststorms were choking out the sun.

Kek
Trying to reason with a Nolan movie is like trying to discuss Plato with a special kid

>earth is unhabitable because of some dust
>can't do anything at all about some dust
>can fly lightyears away through wormholes to settle barren ice planets and shit

lel what a joke this movie was literally stopped watching there fuck nolan the hack HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What the fuck was that moon hoax bullshit in the school?

>people don't live in the desert here on earth

retard

Something about science failed us therefore science is fake because people don't want to have false hope I think. Made very little sense that they would bother to make it part of the textbooks.

Brant can breathe on the arid planet at the end.

Nobody can breathe on Future Earth because the blight somehow removes all the oxygen from the atmosphere.

Why didn't they build air tight greenhouses? Vertical farms, hydroponics, aquaponics, etc, etc.

>The secret to gravity is love

aaaaaaand dropped

all we saw was the end product and all of those things were most likely on the ship.

I don't know though, maybe they didn't have enough resources to make it for a large enough population, sustainable

Because thats not as cool as SPAAAAAAAACE

Love solves everything

great movie, worth it just for the imax black hole

It was well-done and a cool experience without a doubt, but what people are saying is that a lot of plot points made no sense.

only in hindsight

I can't believe anyone would be insane enough to try to go into the center of a black hole, that is just straight retarded.

If Cooper "aged" like 40 years before he detached because he was too close to the black hole then once he got inside millions of years would have passed, and by the time he got out there'd be no sun, no life in the universe at all

there will always be life in the universe, some infinities are bigger than others

>millions of years
>no life in the universe
nigga please, millions of years are merely seconds from a universal intergalactic point of view.

He thought he was committing suicide. It wasn't as though he planned it to be the key to everything.

theyre much better ways to die than being pulled apart over the course of a million years.

I wasn't aware of the anti-aging abilities of black holes.

Time is relative. While it might be millions of years to Hathaway's character, for Cooper it would simply be the amount of time it took for the ship and suit to fail.

yeah, the problem is the sustainability of the new colony not fucking future humans create the wormhole that past humans despite not existing because past humans would have died off without the wormhole in the first place

>cliffhanger
wow yeah what a cliffhanger! What's going to happen, oh I just don't know!

>hydroponics, aquaponics
aquaponics includes hydroponics nigger

Underrated post

His movies are mostly just endings. Seriously, the climax usully starts around midway through.

that's just what you would see from outside

yes!!!

But it's got accurate physics!

But they have enough resources to build an ecosystem in orbit of Saturn and terraform a desolate planet?

You mean (((uninhabitable)))

The whole space program was to recreate the promised land for the children of Zion and leave goyim behind on earth.

>earth is finally starting to die after us raping it continually for hundreds of years
>ayy lmao feel like helping us for some reason
>let's give them a wormhole out to another system to help them
>which system should we give them?
>one with a black hole lol
>one is a water world with mountain tier waves
>also time moves incredible fast on the surface
>other planet is a dead frozen shithole
Goddamn