I can't be the only one who thought this was somewhat clever and kinda funny

I can't be the only one who thought this was somewhat clever and kinda funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXy3f6f9DxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how is it clever?

Law of average? Yeah, you aren't. It's just the others who think it's good are cretins, and I'm not ruling out that you are one yourself.

Fuck no. The writer was as if she was too scared of being 「TRIGGERED」by her own damn dialogues.

I mean being a spineless autistic tumblrina is a one thing, and nothing fucking finishing your job properly is another.

the only people would find this clever are the people who made it. You know those people who think they are funny and interesting and think their life is an interesting story.

>feminist are good
>the male equivalent somehow is not

Fuck those pieces of garbage

Answer me this, why would a norse god who's been dead for centuries give even the slightest shit about Israel, have a clue about "the red pill" concept, or even know what an M.R.A. is?

I can accept that somebody finds this funny. I mean, even Friedberg and Seltzer movies had writers who probably found their scripts witty and entertaining.

But how is this in any way supposed to be "clever", even just somewhat? At best, it's a poor joke TRYING to be clever and funny. At worst, it's horribly lazy writing. At the bottom of the barrel, it's what this user said.

It's literally and deliberately cutting actual dialogue in favor of the writer pushing their shitty agenda. Like usually when they do it they atleast try to disguise it (Lasso of truth cannot stop mansplaining), but this is actually disgusting.

You see, she writes the bait, and everyone takes the bait

The difference is that feminists are fighting for the underprivileged gender, while Men's Right Activists are reactionaries. So yeah.

Don't feminist always say they care about men's issues too?

Trans is the underprivileged gender, not women which are half the population of earth.

From what I've seen, even the weirdos at tumblr thought that was just corny as hell.
So yes. Yes you are.

except when they care more for depictions of women in media than they do for clitoral circumcisions in africa and the middle east. Or human trafficking all over the world. Nah bra, Bayonetta is a much bigger problem

Trans is not a gender.

that's not clever, that's just fishing

Trans is a gender, women is just a sex, like being a man.

I also think its clever

Sup Forums is just DC territory, they'll happily gobble up their 4 harley quinn titles a month

See, that's just an entirely false premise.

That's exactly what I thought. Only replace spineless with lazy.

It's like she literally couldn't be bothered to flesh out her dialogue. Imagine if you're watching Macbeth and he started going blah blah blah King of Scotland blah blah blah witches blah blah blah dagger I see before me.

They are currently fighting for their egos.

They say that, they rarely care, or act for that matter. If pressed they rationale it away by claiming that the all encompassing patriarchy also hurts men.

You'll never see them championing, let's say; homelessness on the basis of it hurting men vastly more than men.

Trans means transitioning from one gender to another. It's not a seperate third thing.

>funny
Yes, but not in the way it was intended
>clever
lolno

Overall, not the only one but pretty close. But watching people get buttblasted about 'unsolicited opinions about Isreal' has been pretty good. Also, if you've ever discussed news on any news aggregator or read the comments in the editorial section of any online newspaper, you immediately recognized That Guy. I found it vaguely amusing because it's a character you wouldn't expect to be That Guy but it kind of makes sense, but on the other hand in the context of the rest of the run it's kind of hard to believe that's intentional rather than just what the writer is pushing. And I say that with having been perfectly fine with Titania because TitsCanyon has always been a raving crazy one note bitch. It's practically her entire character concept.

because men never change, duh

What, that even long-dead gods know about hte perfidy of the jews?

"Here, I can't use arguments to debate my opposition. Instead I'll make a strawman and shove words in his mouth, even if it makes no sense for an ancient norse god to care about Israel or progressive politics!"

It's lazy writing. Sure, you can find it funny, but there's nothing clever about it.

>overwhelming majority of homeless are men
>women are the underprivileged gender

i dont understand

Women have privilages too user, just people like this author don't think they are because they literally redefine what privilaged means.

No. You clearly don't. There are many kinds of privilege and oppression. So while a man might be in poverty, there are still things that, as a man, will never have a negative impact on him. He might face discrimination at a job for being homeless, but a woman in the same situation might experience discrimination both for being homeless and being a woman. When talking about these things, everything else is assumed to be on a level. I know you know this and are just being an asshole, but hopefully someone else can learn form the discussion.

Yeah sucks for them I guess, but men are still the more privileged gender OVERALL, this is undisputed. You guys don't have to deal with catcalling for example, people sending unsolicited dickpics and people being mean to you over the internet solely because of you being female. Sure some things suxs as a man, but they are vastly outnumbered by the ways it's shitty being a woman.

"Takes the bait" as in "Increase comic's sales" or "take the bait" as in "Post a screenshot of it on Sup Forums"?

i have a feeling that you guys are baiting

but there are things that woman doesn't have a negative impact because she's a woman.

yes we do, just because you never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Just in case anyone just thinks /comblr/ is just a meme look here for proof.

Women have the right, the privilege even, to complain.
And that's the big one. Almost all the problems women undergo, men suffer as well. But because women are allowed to complain about it and men aren't, it's easy for feminism to claim that men don't suffer the problems at all.

You want equality to men? Accept that no one will ever give a shit about your problems. That's what life as a man is.

Nah, I'm being totally serious. Have you ever heard the phrase "intersectional feminism"? It specifically refers to the idea that all forms of oppression are linked and that in order to fight one, you have to fight them all. People like that focus not just on gender, but largely on economic and racial inequality as well.

Are you new to the internet? Is the concept of trolling a mystery to you?

Bait or not, people honestly believe that shit, and think that Sup Forums is the best place to hold discussions about it.

Maybe black people just need to step up their game then?

Why do we always have to drag people down for the sake of the useless?

>You want equality to men? Accept that no one will ever give a shit about your problems. That's what life as a man is.

>Have you ever heard the phrase "intersectional feminism"?
Only in the context of upper class white feminists co-opting other movements to claim legitimacy. Intersectional feminism doesn't work in a context that claims that anyone that disgrees (or at this point even asks for their time at the podium) of internalized misogyny.

But do go on. I can't wait until we get to the part of the discussion where it's not your job to educate us and if we want more we should do some nebulous and ill defined "research"

sorry pressed send too so but this a million times over.
Women are more charished in society as men are cannon fodder. Unless a man proves to be greater than the other men, his self worth means nothing.

>economic

But that's literally the only one that matters, so why not just focus on that, and drop the bigoted feminist label

Literally never met a feminist who claimed men don't suffer in their own way. The way men are trained to remain stoic and have few close friends causes men to kill themselves more often. Unfortunately though, most of what happens to men is done to them by other men. while it's true that men in our society have certain privileges, they have to behave in a specific way to be entitled to those(emotionally cold, unfeeling, straight, etc.)

And that is because patriarchy forces gender roles on men making them think men shouldn't complain and the fact that it people don't value men as much as men is patriarchy. Now this is how our societal norms harms men, image for second how us women have it. Everyday we're told that we're second citizen, bitches and only good as broodmares.

See? Pick up a textbook once in a while and you might learn something.

I found it funny. If for purely ironic reasons.
>clever

Feminists campaigned for mens shelters to be closed down, so that's bullshit

I'm literally educating you right now? If you want to be willfully ignorant, that *is* something you have to work through on your own since I'm not a therapist, but I'm trying man

The fact that it uses the word "meninist" at all makes me cringe.

Is that why feminists are eager to paint any men complaining about their lot as whining "manbabies"? Sure is some patriarchy smashing, that.

Hell, this is why TERFs exist. Because transpeople are a living social experiment as to which gender has more shit thrown their way, and the results of those case studies often don't fit feminism's dogma.

So what exactly is the alternative?

Stoicism and competitiveness is removed from the world and everyone is a simpering wet blanket afraid to do anything or people's feelings would be hurt?

>You guys don't have to deal with catcalling for example, people sending unsolicited dickpics and people being mean to you over the internet
Tell me you don't think these are serious problems.

The alternative is to hug each other and claim to be best friends and then once the other party leaves the room, gang up on them and talk behind their backs in such a way that it will inevitably get back to said party and drive them into suicidal depression.

You know, sisterhood.

Are we talking male disposability here?
> Unfortunately though, most of what happens to men is done to them by other men.

So slut-shaming done to women by women would be matriarchy?

Feminists are often half-right. Truth is that feminists want to change society, like all other groups, but they define terms and concepts so the faults fall on the shoulders of men while women are the innocent victims of their male oppressors.

At most they'll pay lip-service to the problems men have to deal with. The equality they fight for is equality of outcome rather than that of opportunity.

>Everyday we're told that we're second citizen, bitches and only good as broodmares.
If you actually believe this, your life is either hilarious or you're the rare sort of person whose life they make horrifying documentaries about.

You clearly just have no conception of what an emotionally healthy person is like. You don't have to choose between being an asshole and a pushover.

>more likely to die in a violent crime
>larger percentage of homeless and bottom of the barrel in poverty
>facing bigger sentences for the same crimes
>ridiculously screwed over in family courts
Nah, women are not the underpriviliged gender, at least in the western world.

You should know by now that that is exactly what a great deal of them are trying to accomplish. For what purpose I know not.

>feminists are a hivemind

Are you literally 12?

So I can be both?

>So slut-shaming done to women by women would be matriarchy?
I think I know this one. That's also patriarchy because women have no agency and cultural norms and stuff.

Having dialogue censored to imply it's breathtakingly horrifying is a decent joke.
Filling it in the way they did sort of spoils the joke. Unless you really hate israel and Men's Right Activists I guess.

A wing isn't the entire bird, but you know it's a bird when it's got wings.
Besides. Solidarity. Intersectionality. They're a hivemind when it suits them. Feminism is a movement where everyone is a feminist until it comes time to own up to something heinous, and then suddenly nobody's a REAL feminist and the room is empty despite being packed.

Are you trying to say Men are some kind of emotionally stunted gender?

Throughout history Men have created Poetry, Art, Music and stories describing joys and dispair.

Just because men don't fall down and start crying every time something saddens them doesn't mean they don't feel sadness.

I'd probably say Men are the most emotional creatures on the planet, they use DO something with their emotions.

Crying wet blankets *are* the assholes.
People that indulge them are the pushovers.

>You should know by now that that is exactly what a great deal of them are trying to accomplish.
Opposing male birth control?
Furthering bad science?
Shaming shirts?
Banning offensive media and words? And clapping?
Making sure everybody sits uncomfortably on trains and buses so that there's more room for purses?

Just to hammer the point home and make it Sup Forums related.

youtube.com/watch?v=SXy3f6f9DxI

You cant be this willfully ignorant. Men will face bias and prejudice in certain professions just as women will in others.

Protip: Women and men are different not just physically but psychologically. Sometimes those differences manifest themselves in ways that society places value (or the opposite).

no doubt Im replying to a bait post...

no true scotsman fallacy

>, but a woman in the same situation might experience discrimination both for being homeless and being a woman.
Except that there are more societal protections for homeless women than there are for homeless men. Nice try though.

Love your failure to address their points

They didn't bring up points to adress

I find it funny how amazingly bad it is and that it got published as professional work by an actual business.

That's pretty funny.

These feminist posts are almost 1-to-1 with the asides my classmates mix into their work in college. Psych was a mistake. No wonder half of the studies that get pumped out nowadays get tweaked so much that they're irreplicable.

>Filling it in the way they did sort of spoils the joke. Unless you really hate israel and Men's Right Activists I guess.

Signaling seems to be a substitute for humor for people who've thoroughly attached themselves to a tribe.

Trans it's self isn't a gender. You still either identify as male or female, regardless of being trans.

The world is a weird place. There are still a lot of cultural areas where men get shafted, so writing them off as 'reactionary' is going to rightfully upset quite a few people. Not saying women don't get completely fucked over in most things, but supporting one side doesn't mean you can't support reform on the other as well.
We all just want to be treated as we deem fair.

You don't get it. They're going to fix both sides by putting the blame and onus for change entirely on one while picking and choosing which negatively inflected labels and stereotypes to foster in order to achieve their goals and absolving themselves of all responsibility for the actions of themselves and or the extreme wings of their ideology.

I think it could have been funny. Hell, I've seen Sup Forums make it funny.

No, seriously. Leave all of the other censored bits in, but have a really, really moderate opinion replacing one of them. Any of the usual Sup Forums substitutions work.

Someone angrily yelling "I think Isreal requires a two state solution to prevent genocide in the region!" in the middle of a bunch of censored shit is funny as hell to me.

I thought it was mildly amusing as long as they don't use it again, if it becomes the new "thing to do" for villain dialogue I'll likely agree with all the triggered redpills around here, but so far it's just a one off thing

But juxtaposing Bor's angry facial expressions with moderate opinions doesn't actually shame M.R.A.s or people who give unsolicited opinions on Israel. It'd be worthless. And it's always more important to punch aimlessly in some vague direction than to be funny.

It was already a non-sequitur, not putting it in brackets sort of takes the spotlight off that non-sequitur and makes it seem it's just supposed to be normal dialogue. I don't think that'd be funny.
Maybe if you somehow cut back in a flashback and it turns out that was what he was *actually* saying.

>women
>underprivileged

When will this meme end?

>underprivileged gender
When will this meme die?

>You still either identify as male or female, regardless of being trans

you forgot non-binary you shit fuck

while I agree with you, try to time your posts less obviously

Is catcalling, unsolicited dickpics and trolls really more important than likelyhood fo dying in a violent crime, homelessness, poverty, larger sentences for the same crimes and being fucked over in the family courts?

How much can men's issues be set aside before it is reasonable to take action? Feminists love to claim that they're champions of gender equality, but they'd rather bitch about mansplaining/manspreading than the aforementioned issues. Measure them by their actions not their words.

you can't tell me what to do, you're not one of my mom's

No, you're not. It's like the comic equivalent of the TV show gag where someone starts swearing and all you hear is a prolonged beep. The descriptions are specific enough that you get an idea of what he's saying, but broad enough so that you can fill in your own. It's not brilliant, but it's a little clever.
The fact that people get so triggered based on what they're reading into it is what makes it brilliant.
Wonder if Marguerite Bennett knows this panel spawned 500 butthurt discussions on the internet.

And transracial and don't forget trans-speciesist.

First panel is fine. Third one is just retarded.

You leave my wife's son outta this.

I enjoyed it, most of Sup Forums is just triggered by anything that mentions the subject matter. That doesn't mean this work shouldn't be held above any and all forms of dissent or criticism, but it was pretty cute in how it was handled unlike a lot of tokkenism. The Unsolicited Opinions on Israel censorship makes me chuckle every time.

Really if people need to bitch about tumblr shit, just look at Squirrel Girl and Hellcat. While Whor may have had some cringeworthy moments at the start, it along with this haven't been terribly offensive in any regard other than the fact that Sup Forums seems to be pissed off that comics would try and tailor themselves towards any demographic other than themselves. Not that any of you parasites actually buy floppies or probably bother to read Marvel with any regularity outside of whatever contextualess screen cap is posted for the sake of guaranteed responses. Go read something by Al Ewing (Contest of Champions, New Avengers & Ultimates are pretty great) if you can't stand the three or four books that pander towards female readers or have trigger inducing drivel like this in them.

I'll never understand Sup Forums, you never want to talk about anything DC does wrong in comics, only the stuff they managed to do right. You never want to talk about anything Marvel does right, only the stuff that they do wrong. Oh, did a couple of shitty books happen to come out with Rebirth? Apparently no one gives a fuck, a brief acknowledgment of their failure and we're back to talking about the things we liked otherwise. Yet one or two bad Marvel books come out and the whole fucking pot is ruined. Four books with female writers, holy shit it's an invasion, how dare girls invade our secret club, why are Marvel such cucks? Why can't they just accept the atrophying cold death of the comic book industry with dignity like DC?!

In the end you all just want any excuse to sperg about something and pretend your cathartic opinions on stuff you didn't read somehow matters.

Except it's more like one of those shitty strawman political cartoons and you're reading a lot of subtext regarding sitcom comedy norms that aren't there.

Damn nigga, you salty as salty can be because people don't agree with you about Marvel doing shit right. Haha.

fuck off mr company wars

A year back, it was DC fans who had a persecution complex.