Video analysis of the first lesson in process now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dbL-NSkXnl8
itsnicethat.com/features/dont-hug-me-im-scared-interview-030516
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

video 6 is out
youtube.com/watch?v=dbL-NSkXnl8
Whats your favorite idea?

Bird is an ascended simulation. His original purpose was to further the lessons, but he gained self awareness and realized the lessons were insane and attempted to leave (i dont want to do this anymore)

Examples: killing the butterfly (cold and disconnected) causing yellow guy to cry, shitting on all of his answers to the quiz game in DHMIS 4, attempting to further the lesson on time in DHMIS 2 with actual logic only to be yelled at by at by Tony.

Red created the show. It was his idea, but his peers all thought him stupid and irreverant (you could say that making this show was his "dream"). When he pitched it to the producers, only one tool interest. Roy. He agreed to help, but as a result caused red to lose creative control. Evidence of Red attempting to take this show back is peppered in DHMIS 4. Gilbert the Globe was Red's idea, but it wasnt what Roy thought the lesson should be about hence the abrupt interruption by the computer. Its sad really. Yellow seemed to he excited to see Gilbert, and im sure that Red had a fun song in store. Red becomes fed up and quit the project, which is why DHMIS 5 seems so hackneyed and uninspired.

Yellow. Not much to say about him. He's Roy's son. He's Roy's motivation. Roy wishes to teach his son the basics of life through Red's show, but the message becomes warped by his own experiences and opinions. It could be a metaphor for homeschooled children, and how while parents might mean the best for their children, they certainly aren't always qualified. Thats why teachers are trained to do it. I think Roy realizes this at the end. That his lessons are doing more harm than good and that its tearing his child apart.

Huh..

This is cartoon? No.

This is a comic? No.

So please use

your perceptions of homeschooled people seems to come from pop culture, and the value you place in teachers also seems to come from somewhere other than reality.

your material analysis seems pretty good desu.
idk why you decided to muck it up by trying to extrapolate meaning from it tho

Puppets are animation.
You know this.
Fuck off.

Anyone else feel like this episode was made in response to how obsessed their audience became with story analysis? I feel like we lost out on another sick track.

Out of all the stupidest theories I've heard this one is pretty good honestly..

But it's puppets, so it belongs here, you backseat mod

It counts as puppets tho

It's also animated for moments

ummmmm

F A G G O T
A
G
G
O
T

Most fetish your theory is build in the idea that:

>duck is simulation
>red is real

The thing is: there was an option on the machine to make a Red Guy, in the same way that there was an option to make Duck.

Yes, yes, well done user, well done...

HOWEVER

>People analyzing the story so hard.
Everyone needs to just breathe and enjoy the experience. It takes the magic away is everyone's like "Roy's Satan and the puppets are lost angels!!!!" It's just a dark play on children's shows.

WOW LOOK A PIE CHART

You're a fucking asshole

PART 2 IS OUT

Low bait.

Simple question, assuming the tiled floor area is part of the simulation (weird stuff still happening) then what good does it do pulling a plug within a simulation?

I feel it represents the process of creativity and how that can lead to:
> unintended consequences
> the material becoming an influence
> the eventual repetition that is inevitable in the arts

Red Guy is the artist, the person that may seem similar to everyone else around him, but wishes to put out something different. He, despite receiving criticism from both his peers and Roy (more on him in a sec), attempts to escape the boundaries of reality by creating a sort of fantastic world where everyone is happy and everyone learns basic life lessons, e.g. Sesame Street.

Green Bird is the product of Red Guy's imagination, a sort of character meant to stay in the realms of Red Guy's created world. You could put him in the same sense as, say, Big Bird, or Gumby; his existence, initially, is meant to just react to the setting around him. However, he begins to take on a life of his own, graying the areas between reality and being someone else's creation. It represents how characters manifest themselves as near realities in people's minds, due to their popularity and/or relatibility. (Cont.)

Red escaped during episode 4. He was already on the outside.

Yellow Guy is, in essence, the audience, and is portrayed as a child due to the setting of DHMIS. His role is much the same as Green Bird's, except that he bears more witness to the crushing themes of reality that undercut a majority of the episodes supposedly sunny subjects. He sees what love is according to the show in episode 3, but also realizes another, darker reality that clashes with what he viewed originally. This results in an existential crisis within Yellow Guy.

And finally, there is Roy. Roy, put simply, is the symbol for any hindering force that goes against art, whether that is the producer, concerned parents, general disinterested audiences, etc. He is reacrionary in the fact that he is very conservative, wanting everything to be simple and traditionally fun. In the end, he wins against Red Guy's vision, forcing him to revert back into what the show was before the artistic license grew way out of hand, essentially the beginning of the first episode.

Did anyone else hear when Red dropped a 'fuck me' when his boss was watching?

File me

The ending to me represents rehashing shows.
Same shit with a different coat of paint.

Link it then

DHMIS GO!
Your new favorite show

Why do you want people to stop having fun?

Analyzing is fun. Faggot.

Personally, I'm not sure there is meant to be a cohesive story/metaphor, but I love reading people's different interpretations.

I see it as a warning not to hide yourself from reality with false comforts. The world is horrifying and complicated and things aren't always what they seem. It's tempting to try and ignore this by seeing the world through platitudes and easy narratives (like a children's show) but you have to confront the reality of it.

Episode 6 was kind of a piece of shit.

>analysis is fun
Analysis is fucking anti-fun. If you think analysis, especially analysis of pop culture detritus is fun you probably have a degree in folklore.

I like this idea a lot user. How i learned to stop worrying and love the horror.

It's at 2:09. It's clearly fuck me.

>Make random shit
>People assign meaning to random shit
>Since it has no meaning, people can never agree on it
>Your random shit spreads through memetic action as people try to find meaning where there is none.
It worked for Evangelion, it worked for this.

I'm glad I'm not you

It wasn't a traditional episode
In those we see the surreal contrast between what the media wants us to see and what is real
In this episode that was happening but we viewed it from the outside, from reality so the slow realization wasn't there
This was more about red trying to destroy it all because he realized it was getting insane

So would you say this is your favorite idea?

Was red a plant in the system?

I think he was collaborating with Roy and was just as much a part of creating the program.

Once Roy starts to change things against Red's wishes in 4, he tells 'the computer' to stop interjecting bullshit over what red had already planned (an episode about the globe). Realizing it's no longer any use, he quits.

Red was the one writing the songs, which is why they get incredibly bad starting with 5. 5 is just Roy projecting his anger towards red for leaving. Red was a bad food, rude to the organs of the body, so he wasn't invited to the party.

kek someone screencap my epic bait,

all according to keku you moralfags SJW
Sup Forums is master race here!

stay cuck you plebs

@83931285

Not even giving a (you)

The past is far behind us, the future doesn't exist.

Time went new and got old like history, stuff from the past became a mystery!

[You made me die!]

But lookI'm a computer, I'm a computery guy. Everything made out of buttons and wires, I'd like to show youWhy were here what's it all about you've no idea, and very where you look, all you see is hatred, and darkness, death andHigh string beef!? High string beef makes your teeth grow gray! Doesn't matter, just throw it away! Why not try someFISH ON MY TRAY

WHAT

WHERE AM I

I know this is autistic, but fuck me I thought of a stupid idea for a teacher.

A piggy bank that starts teaching the 3 about saving money, and why it's important.

As the song keeps going on, the piggy bank begins to get distended before it rips it's own organs out to get the coins out screaming how saving isn't smart. You need to spend. All while the oats flash in the background.

You did it user well done
Look at all those (you)s
You can probably redeem them for a soda or something
Oh the glorious benefits of "pretending" to be retarded

its not shitposting its called funposting, know when to have fun you cuck

meme this instead of shitposting it shall now be called funposting. cause we do things for fun

Throw in a way to subtly imply that the banks are bleeding us dry and im in

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONES HAVING A BAD DREAM

Its strange. I rewhatched EVA again, this time with my brother, and the story and meanings were super easy to get.

Its even less complicated than FLCL, if you know the backstory of Adam and Lilith.

I don't know cookie looks like he's having fun but he's still shitposting

My favorite idea is green!

What bait you little fucker?

Puppets dont are animation, deal with it.

There is no meaning in evangelion other than what you assign it. There is a story though, but it is what it is and there is no depth behind it.

Green is not a creative color

I feel as if there are different planes. Like the "real world" was one.
So the stage seems to be one not virtually but meta plane like the virtual scenes. But its still not a full digital but with real props.
Maybe its not the same as virtual plane but flashback like use of design showingbits a neta plane like virtual.

do you not animate puppets?

Like your theory.
Only the ending seems more like it starts anew with the show, but cheaper or uncomplicared.

>our bodies are animated by our bones and muscles, therefore live action is animation

wow, rude... no clothes on

Religion is evil, entire moral of the series. Each episode represents a different facet of it.

That explains why he's a suit

>the youngest religion has the biggest impact on socialogical repression
Errr okay

How do Reds reproduce?

That's why his voice is autotuned

It's really boring

this post needs to leave through the cat-flap

STICKY MOUTH

AAAE AAAEEE AAAAAAEEE AAAAE AAAEE AAAAAAEEEEH AAAAAAAAAAEEEEHHH AAAAAAAEEEH

But Red's reaction to everything is the same as the reactions of his coworkers to his song in DHMIS 6. I don't think he had a hand in doing all of this. I think it's more that he was trying to take something good out of it at the end. Like what happened did change him for the best despite everything.

>I feel like we lost out on another sick track.

I am a file and you put documents in me.mp3

>"If the Aryan race hadn't abandoned the ways of Odin in favor of a kike on a stick, our glorious empire would stretch across the earth and beyond. Thankfully, the lesser races are incapable of creating technology, and so even in weakness the white man is supreme."
>Seth "The White Death" McFarlane

I don't think the lessons were evil for the whole time.

If the world the characters inhabit is based off, in part, their imaginations, then the slow decline of the "show" represents their own experiences.

That's why creativity is seemingly outlawed, and why it's so important that Yellow go along with Roy's plan: Because without the stars the show is nothing.

Problem is, as they start questioning their environments more and more, they start to poke holes in their ideologies, and things start spiraling out of control (the standard "what the hell" nightmare sequence).

So when Yellow, who is absolutely idiotic, is the only one left, naturally the teacher he gets is dumb and moronic, seemingly half-assed as the show starts to go under.

Fund it, also remember to include how money and possessions blind us to the fact that we're voluntarily enslaving ourselves.

What did red guy say before pulling the plug?
"I want my ____ back"? or something.

"I wonder what will happen."

I like this except the explanation for the green guy.

I need a gif or webm of Red spilling his spaghetti at work.

So the premise of this series was that this was a kids show and that Red didn't like how it was being handled so he left? Same with Duck?

>And I was like, 'Yeah, that's not even the same bucket.'

No one can answer that question certainly at all.

The bird is quite clearly just a part of the computer. He even has the line in DHMIS 4 "But if hes not quite real, then i'm not real too. And you're not real you, he's inside your real you!"

I think this line really solidified the theory that he's a part of the computer simulation theory for me.

M-my dad is a computer!

>And you're not real you, he's inside your real you!
I always figured he was talking to the computer, and saying
>And your not real you, is inside the real you!

I kind of want to fuck the clock.

Bird is an old man.
Red guy is an adult.
Yellow guy is a kid.
It's all a metaphor about the media and how the internet has changed and warped things. The 'TV show' has gone on too long and the lessons they're teaching aren't genuine and the creators are twisted.

I want to say that Family Guy is a fedoracore cartoon but it doesn't even rise to that level.

19/06/55 represents the ages of the puppets

19 = Red Guy
06 = Yellow Guy
55 = Bird

I hate the media metaphor bullshit. That's so cheesy and not even solidified in anything concrete. No context.

having it be "And you're not real you, he's inside your real you!" still makes sense if hes talking to the computer. When he says "he" hes talking about the computer guy within the real computer guy.

>That's so cheesy and not even solidified in anything concrete
What about all the televisions and the fact the show is modelled after kid's fucking TV shows?

Wow then I guess every cartoon ever made must be a metaphor for childrens media propaganda.

itsnicethat.com/features/dont-hug-me-im-scared-interview-030516
>Roy: My silly boy has allowed his eyes to grow arrogant and rude, for this I will take him on a trip to punish land.

The media metaphor bullshit theory is about as shallow was all those dumbass theories like "WHAT IF ALL THE KIDS IN ED EDD AND EDDY WERE ACTUALLY IN A COMAAAA OOOOOO"

"WHAT IF ALL THE KIDS IN RUGRATS WERE GHOOOOOSTTSS!!! WOOOO OOOOOooOOO"

Have you ever thought that maybe they chose a certain style for a reason or do you just pick and choose what you want to be significant?

Man, the fourth episode pretty much completely tells you what's going on. They're all inside a not real world and when Red is trying to shut down the PC and follows the cable outside he gets out of it.

Highly ironic you used nanalan as the reaction image for what your argument is.

I did it on purpose. Do you understand?