Lets talk about Super Heroes outside of the big 2

Lets talk about Super Heroes outside of the big 2.
Also, why is All Might the GOAT?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/562020/ref=zg_bs_nav_d_1_d
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to MARRY Bakugou Katsuki.

Because he's the corny kind of hero I like. He's a walking pep talk.

An anime "superhero" who can only last in his super form for an hour and is dying.

He's definitely goat

The last few chapters have shown he's just as much walk as talk. Holy shit. When you think he's done he just claws out another ounce of chutzpah and DETROIT SMASHes it in your face.

I feel like there's been a fuck ton of "ironic" western-superhero inspired anime recently.

One Punch Man, Tiger and Bunny, and My Hero Academia come to mind.

At first I thought it was taking the piss, but the Marvel movies have been doing great in Japan too, right? Are they sincere homages?

As far as I can see My Hero Academia is goofy but I wouldn't consider it taking the piss.

MHA is probably to most sincere out of the bunch but I want to see a pic of All Might and Kotetsu sharing a beer and talking about the old days of being a hero

So, what other super heroes can you think of?

it makes him 1000000000000000 times more interesting than a god who gets sick around rocks

Its great, right?

empowered?

is generic anime #52001

UNITED STATES OF SMASH

What is generic? I'm Japanese but damn picky on anime. Hardly watch any since it's like 80% all big boobed little girls and cliche crap. So far BNHA has been good with its x-men mutant acceptance thing and over the top cape teacher.

Japan seems to like the Avengers a lot.

How is Tiger and Bunny 'taking the piss'? It was a completely serious take, and it was great.

My Hero Academia is bombing in Japan. Maybe they're also growing tired of capeshit.

Is it really? I've been out of the loop this season, deciding to catch up on older things I missed.

The anime is, the manga is doing great.

Sup Forums posts weekly sales and preorder figures. MHA is always near the bottom. The weekly ratings also stink.

PLUS!

ULTRA!

Well that's a shame, I genuinely enjoy the Manga and Anime. Usually I am not into Anime, but this one I genuinely enjoyed.

post sauce or shut the fuck up, newfag

They all feel like the creators have a love for western superheroes and they're even a fresh change of pace from some of the cynicism over here honestly. I was expecting All Might to have some sort of sinister secret but it turned out he's Superman to the very core.

An 11 episode season shouldn't rely on flashbacks to previous episodes so much. I should probably be reading the manga at this point anyway.

he's a very Morrison character

I love him in his powered down form. So tired, emaciated and broken but still radiating with what it means to be a hero.

TFW the world found his secret but still cheered for him

>spoiler
I like this twist. I was expecting people to panic and act betrayed.

I thougth japan had the shitiest taste on anime

They always do.

>Superman to the very core.
Very uncomplicated and one note. Great.

amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/562020/ref=zg_bs_nav_d_1_d

>Ive never read superman

>Capeshit Naruto
Someone had to fill the void.

>anime

secondaries need not apply

>Someone had to fill the void.
what did he mean by this?

>mfw UNITED STATES OF SMASH

You have a weird definition of "ironic". The only example you listed that's even remotely ironic is OPM and even then it's pretty clear that there are real heroes among the ranking whores and tryhards.

If anything those series are more geniuine than what the west is giving us these days.

>he's a very Morrison character
>Morrison invented altruistic motivations

>Japanese people aren't allowed to take western material as inspiration

I bet you think Avatar is taking the piss on anime too huh?

>If anything those series are more geniuine than what the west is giving us these days.

what are you talking moron? MHA is obviously a homage to Silver Age Capeshit, main hero is a mix of Superman and Caps, he even jump instead of fly like pre-Fleischer Supes.

please go back to

>"more geniuine than what the west is giving us these days."
>"these days"
>a homage to Silver Age Capeshit

confirmed you don't even read comics, mainstreams comics still do homage to silverage, so if you try to compare it's a tie. But since MHA is made in Japan and you are a big weaboofag you says it is more geniune,

>mainstreams comics still do homage to silverage
Oh yeah Civil War II is REAL fuckin silver age. Just like the good old days.

They do homages, but not all the time, seems simple?

I know you're baiting, though. Who would reference CW2 as something to aspire to otherwise?

Confirmed to chery-pick to try a point, i'm also doing that but the difference is you are pleb

Yeah, it's an homage to silver age capeshit.
And meanwhile the "modern age" of capeshit is just assholes with powers versus other assholes with powers, and occasionally one of them is a supervillain, but that isn't necessary.

After Civil War, and World War Hulk, and Avengers vs Xmen and Civil War AGAIN I'm fucking done. The fact that there is a thread on Sup Forums RIGHT THIS SECOND asking why Superman isn't allowed to be an uncomplicated nice guy sums it up nicely too.

The 80s ruined superheroes iin the west. Now in an attempt to garner pathos it's just a bunch of sanctimonious sociopaths shambling around in the skin of the icons they once were.

So those "homages" that happen "sometimes" somehow outweigh the vast majority of current capeshit?
Get the fuck out of here. At this point you're just playing dumb acting like you don't know what the guy meant.

I'm not cherrypicking. What do most current comics on shelves look like? What do comics with the highest monthly sales look like? Are top tens constantly full of silver age looking shit?

And you don't think it's odd that you specifically had to pick a limited run intentional throwback book instead of just mainline Batman?

this anime

the fucking landing right before the plus ultra punch is terrifying in a good way
chilling, I guess is the word

It is a rip-off, but doing the exact the opposite of x-men on that part. There are more mutants, and people somehow like and glorify them for.. whatever reason.

No the 2000's killed optimism in superhero comics. The 80's was the best Era for capestuff.

it's kind of a house of M situation, the mutants outnumber the normal people by a lot.

My only complaint with BnHA is that Deku really couldn't have stood a chance at being a hero if he hadn't received powers from All Might. It just feels like the series immediately trampled on the idea that a person can make anything of themselves if they work hard enough, and decided that it really is all about having a quirk. I will always disagree with this for as long as Batman and Lex Luthor are among the greatest heroes and villains without any superpowers.

For some reason All Might makes me think of those superheroes you see in "how to draw super heroes" books,they all look so bland and generic mainly costume design. but for some reason i kinda dig all might, probably cause he's pretty much a walking cliche of the "Mr. Perfect" superhero, but yet the story behind him is whats makes him interesting and likable character. he was a Mr. Perfect superhero and he'd be pretty boring if nothing tragic has ever happened to him.

The most shocking twist of that manga was that All Might was Japanese.

well, for a japanese man, he's pretty American. especially including that all his special moves are named after american states and cities, including looking like what Donald trump wishes he could be

Uncomplicated =/= One note

Wait, what? That's insane. He even lives in Tokyo's district dedicated to foreigners.

Neither's a good thing.

Both Batman and Lex are superintelligent, and even then Batman only gets by with ridiculous plot armor. Deku could have done well in the support or management paths, working with heroes every day and being an important part of their team, but he didn't even consider them because his dream was to be a hero on the front lines.

His name is Toshinori. He might be half Japanese, given anime's propensity to make half breeds look only like their foreign half.

I bet you'd complain and expect pity when he started beating you, like it's someone else's fault. I hate cunts like you.

>Are top tens constantly full of silver age looking shit?
Well, yeah, actually. The Silver Age was all about covers that say "THIS OUTRAGEOUS STATUS-QUO BREAKING SHIT IS HAPPENING, READ IT TO FIND OUT HOW AND WHY" and then nothing actually changed.
Today is the same thing, except instead of covers it's internet articles, and instead of one issue it's events taking up the entire line.

>All Might will never mentor you

MHA is not ironic, though

And Peter Parker couldn't have been a hero if he wasn't bit by a radio active spider. Chance coincidence are all part of the genre.

And more to the point Toshinori was quirkless too. He was given OFA because of WHO he was. Deku reminded him of himself.

The takeaway is supposed to be it's not your power that makes you a hero it's who you are.

also kill yourself

I blame Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns
They were a great stories and seminal works but it seems like near every writer in the industry learned the exact wrong lessons from them

I think he says "ironic" because in all of those plus a few more like Ratman take place in what you could call a pro-reg world. All of them have superheroing as a sponsored, regulated activity, or even an industry, and all of them use the plot point of contrasting people who want to do the right thing with ones that simply want fame/money/other selfish motive yet still carry the title of "hero"

I can't fucking wait for anime to catch up to the manga
Not only the you-know-what fight, but the Midorya fight against the muscle dude as well

>a pro-reg world

you know given how well everyone gets along in HA and how Quirks have become so common like Mutants keep saying they're going to?

It's really hard to not see the X-men as phenomenal jerks. I mean the MU civilians are straight up cunts too but the X-men aren't helping

fuck off retard

I'd say that is a pretty logical evolution of the genre and it got some relatable ideas and concepts.

The X-Men are the ones who want peace.

Well that's a fair opinion.

The X-men haven't wanted peace for over a decade and do everything in their power to fight registration even though they know full well how dangerous mutants can be

Mutants are jerks, and it does not help. I won't disagree with that.
With that said Academia's world apparently descended into total anarchy for a few years when Quirks became a thing (especially since they're a vast majority, and not a minority whining about respect) until everyone got used to it eventually. That's a big thing Quirks have compared to mutants, you can't just sweep them aside like you do with minority metaphors, because they're not a minority. They're the new normal, and society had to rebuild itself around them.

the japanese just have a different culture that embraces bureaucracy and regulation rather than scrutinizing it and rebelling against perceived authoritarian injustice

while there can be some bad eggs in the government, it's not a fault of the government itself in the nips' eyes

get mad

Because that's sorta the point.
All Might is supposed to be the Superman stand in so obviously Horikoshi wanted to hit the cliches to get that idea across as hard as he could. He wasn't concerned with being original but more getting the guy to scream SUPERHERO.
Meanwhile those How to draw Superhero books are aiming for the same cliches.
To be fair the world is completely different. Mutants are a ridiculously small minority even before they were Decimated. Anti-Mutant sentiment causes risks like someone using Registration as a tool to just oppress or exterminate them. BnHA went through a crisis when they were adjusting to the Quirks, and now humanity has it so Quirk users are the dominant demo. X-men would probably be more comfortable with Mutant registration if they could ever genuinely believe the Marvel Universe had anything resembling their best interests.

What other Western comic concepts do the Japanese do? Do they have, for example, their own "version" of Hellblazer, much like how MHA is the Jap X-Men?

I think you should probably substitute Hawkeye instead of Batman and Lex if we're talking normal people.

Well I know. And that's really my whole point. Quirk users saw shit was ugly and decided to play ball and use their powers for a common good.

It could just be Japan's COMMUNITY first mentality but it's really a stark contrast to how the mutants refuse to even concede the fact that they're possible a threat to the larger society all while destroying buildings by sneezing.

It's not just them either because the government is always depicted as some kind of turbo racist straw men but that only serves to make the heroes LESS endearing. Because they almost never try. Remember when Kitty took up politics because she felt she could help mutants more if she where a senator?

Now it's just FUCK NORMIES! MUTANT AND PROUD!

Naruto isn't over. It has some sort of sequel about his son now.

I just want to say that i love the way AllMights super hero form is shaded differently than everyone else, he's inked, like an american style comic book hero.

>Super Heroes
>outside of the big 2

Impossible

>the big 2
what are the big two?

BC and Marble

>Enemy has shock absorption like powers
>Just punch harder and faster
PLUS ULTRA

and yet the world goes on without Rurouni Yahiko

fuck this planet

Absorption not negation. There is a limit. pay attention

Pretty much.
I absolutelly love the little ideas in the HA world - like using quirks in pupblic is rude and all the shops trying to accommodate people with mutations.

One thing I really wonder is what the standarts of beauty is like in that world. Like is there mutant models? Could Shouji be considered attractive, for exemple?

I know it's probably going a bit too deep into it, but I really like this "what if people in xmen wasn't assholes" world

Well in bnha civilisation did have to be destroyed for them to get to this point