Does the media discriminate against THICC women?

Does the media discriminate against THICC women?

she is qt tbqh lads

because that's obese, not thicc

Want her to sit on my face my man

Jury sides with Rebel Wilson finding she was defamed by Bauer Media

REBEL Wilson has won her epic defamation trial against Bauer Media.

The all-female jury of six today returned unanimous verdicts in favour of Wilson.

The Hollywood star, 37, sat in court every day of the three week trial.

Outside court today she said the actions of Bauer Media in 2015 were “so hurtful and so disgusting”.

“Far too often I feel that their conduct can only be described as disgusting and as disgraceful,” Wilson said.

“I’m glad, very glad, that the jury has agreed with me. And by the unanimous and overwhelming verdict, they have sent a very clear message.

“It really saddened me that a lot of people believed these articles. It’s good now that the records set straight and that the stain has disappeared.

“Hopefully my career will go from strength to strength from now on.”

Wilson said she plans to celebrate the victory with some dinner and a few drinks.

For six days she stood in the witness box giving evidence that her life had been ruined by the eight articles over which she launched her lawsuit.

She cried, rapped, told jokes, did impersonations and submitted herself to gruelling cross-examination.

Her mum followed, as did her siblings, celebrity agents, and friends, including Logie award winner Hugh Sheridan.

It was the most bizarre of trials to come before the Victorian Supreme Court in years.

Outside court fans pounced on her almost daily, begging for selfies or grabbing autographs.

Inside court a flower-carrying stalker sparked a security alert, prompting the actor to hire a bodyguard that duly stayed by her side.

Fans packed court almost daily, with standing room only for at least the first 15 days of the trial.

International media followed the case closely, with celebrity blogger Perez Hilton frequently expressing his opinion on Twitter.

Locally radio personalities Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek orchestrated a support rally on the steps of the court.

They are things that would never happen during a normal trial by jury.

But there was little normal about this case in which Wilson was the leading lady in her own courtroom drama.

David Letterman, Matt Lucas and Walt Disney had guest roles. There were cameos too, by Matt Damon, Melissa McCarthy, Kirsten Dunst, Melissa George, Anna Kendrick and Isla Fisher.

It was never going to be an easy, or quick, task for the jury.

They were asked to decide whether Wilson was a serial liar who invented fantastical stories to make it in Hollywood.

Or, as she claimed, was the victim of tall poppy syndrome and a cruel campaign to bring her down.

To reach their verdict they were given 13 pages of questions to work through.

Among the questions the jury needed to answer was whether Wilson lied about her age, name and upbringing.

They listened to more than a dozen local and international witnesses including agent to the stars Sharon Jackson live from Hollywood.

She gave evidence that after the May 2015 articles were published, Wilson’s career suffered a staggering blow.

At the time the articles were published Wilson’s global smash Pitch Perfect 2 had just been released.

She should have been commanding at least $5 million a movie, Ms Jackson said, but instead she couldn’t land a job.

“That surprised me,” she said.

“I just thought that she would be getting offers at that point. It was a real mystery.

“The way Hollywood works is no one ever says no, it would just more be like, we’re not there yet.”

Clips from her hit movies were played, an interview with David Letterman had everyone in the court chuckling, and an entire episode of Julia Zemiro’s Home Delivery was shown for the jury’s benefit.

Home movies, a nostalgic wander through family photo albums and clips from her days on Australian TV, too.

Rebel told the jury how she was related to Walt Disney, by marriage, and had private use of Disneyland as a child.

Now she is part of a members-only secret club at the Californian theme park.

“Most people wouldn’t know it exists,” she said.

She pays $60,000 for membership but told the court her relationship to Disney had a part to play in being signed up.

The actor said despite no evidence to support the claim, she had always been told her great-aunt Lillian married the legendary animator and producer.

“It is just something I’ve always known. It is like knowing who your parents are,” she said.

Disney played a central role in the case, with Bauer using her claimed link to Uncle Walt as an example of Wilson’s misleading stories.

But the jury didn’t buy it.

Sending the jury off to deliberate Justice John Dixon told them to keep one simple question in mind: is the star a serial liar?

In order to win the case, Wilson had to have convinced the jury that the series of articles published by Bauer painted her as a serial liar.

The law presumed Wilson had a good reputation, and she needed to prove that it had been defamed, he said.

Closing his case on behalf of Wilson Dr Matthew Collins, QC, said there wasn’t a single shred of evidence that Wilson had ever lied.

>still believing there's a difference

Looks like she got a nose job. Shoulda spent the money on gastric bypass surgery.

i want to fuck rebel

“Why was Bauer Media, with all of its worldwide resources, unable to identify a single person anywhere in the world to whom the supposed lie had been said — a friend, a former friend, a colleague, an agent, a producer, a publicist, a member of the public, anyone?” he said.

“This proceeding has been reported in the press every day over the past three weeks. Why hasn’t someone come out of the woodwork to corroborate this allegation that Rebel Wilson is a liar?

“The reason why they came up with nothing, of course, is obvious. Rebel Wilson has not lied.”

Dr Collins said Wilson took the legal action to stand up to Bauer’s toxic style of journalism.

“She doesn’t say that these articles are the worst thing that have ever happened in her life and that you should all feel sorry for her,” he said.

“She says that she is not a serial liar, as alleged by this defendant, and she seeks your verdict to tell that to the world, to tell the world that what this defendant did to her was wrong.

“Rebel Wilson came here to stand up to a bully.

“Her claim is not about money, it is about restoring her reputation.”

Bauer Media released a statement this afternoon saying they will consider their options following today’s verdict.

“We have no further comment to make at this time,” it read.

Justice Dixon will assess damages at a later date.

Not a fan but I'm glad she BTFO a shitty gossip magazine.

>all-female jury

why was this allowed?

Be fat somewhere else

Because usually they come with toxic personalities. You ever meet a confident fat girl. They are human garbage.

This tbqh

She's obese, but if she lost weight she'd be really attractive

There's an edit of it somewhere

I'm no Rebel Wilson fan but women's mags are literally the lowest fucking tier of print media. They have been peddling complete fiction as fact for fucking decades and I'm glad they are copping it for once.
I cannot bear interacting with any woman that takes this shit seriously. Please die womens mags.

>all female jury

now i am annoyed

there's a difference between thicc and fat

when did THICC replace the word fat

Tumblrites tried to infiltrate /fit/ by using it, got laughed out the door, but sadly the term stuck around ironically and some people didnt realise it was supposed to be a joke

t h i c c

Yeah obviously OP is b8ing but it's sad to think there are people who pretend to be attracted to fatties just because it's expected of them.

Shes had quite alot of work done and jew cosmetics make a huge difference. Look at her as a young girl. She looks abhorrent

about a deuce
deuce and a half

All female jury kek. If it wad obvious defamation why resort to cheap jew trickery?

>This whole media shit they keep going on about with her

>Aus media constantly states: The AMERICAN ACTRESS: REBEL WILSON

I love how this dumb island drops their popular people at the drop of a hat if they do anything they find slightly confrontational, almost like they're normal humans or something

>lied about her age
>she's 37

Lmao

>going to this trouble and leaving in the gagboobs.

anorexic
Cock pulsates to this

Thicc is our term, pedos

Ayy

No, quite the opposite. She's said on multiple occasions that when she loses the weight she finds it harder to get roles.
She literally gets hired because she's fat.

Are you too retarded to tell the difference?

>QT fat actresses becoming more and more common
>"Diversity" crowd and generally fatter population increasing demand for them, meaning even more are coming
>Sup Forums slowly being infected by the same THICC disease as /fit/ once was

Has there ever been a better time to be a chubby chaser lads???

This is thicc. Thicc is a body type that you are born with, it can't be gained by eating.

thicc>obese

Can't be born with it either, can only be edited.

>rebel Wilson lies about her entire life, age, and even her fucking name

She's such a weird and cringey cunt. I hope she enjoys her payout, she still isn't going to have a career

I cant help but read "thicc" in a scouse accent

>Ayyyyyy are you fuccin thicc or summin, yuh coont?

t h i c c

If she sits on my face, will I die?

Reality discriminates against fatness. Fat acceptance is literally going to kill people.

THiCC

She's not THICC, she's a BBW.

Is that Nikki Blonsky from Hairspray?

what a time to be alive

Yes and would I hit it? HELL YES!

>tfw bought into the thicc meme

She's a loser user so you might have a chance

drumpkin btfo!

She is cute

If I got chance to meet her., I ask her if she'dd like me to take her to a Ruby Tuesdays......

I'd buy her a few Ruby Relaxers and get her a Steak Dinner with Onion Rings

Then hopefully she'dd let me Plook her.

Obesity should be ridiculed in all cases tbqh

They still have Ruby Tuesday's? I'm surprised that place hasn't closed its doors.

While Nikki obviously comes off as a desperate "loser", Amanda is incredibly rude. Only someone with their head jammed so far up their ass would think this is at all acceptable.

I wouldn't mind more THICC women in films, just not outright whales.

She might come across as a loser but she has what I like.

Nikki is cute

telling someone the truth is rude now I guess

Well people need to understand that thicc doesn't mean fat.

I
DEMAND
MORE
THICC

Who is this

>Implying Bryce wasn't better when she was a fattie

thicc butts are the best
fuck muscular asses

tits waaaaaaaaay too big

Ahh the ol "If I push my hands on my hips hard enough it will give the illusion that i'm not as fat as you think" pose

Seriously. How do retards on here fall for this? That's like day one photo manipulation

Only the ones I care about

my fucking dick, sauce?

fag

Yeah of course, the public does not want to see/pay for THICC and so THICC can go shove it.

>metabolic disprivilege

why are obese women so entitled?

It was a meme originally, but due to the increase in people finding fat chicks hot it became repurposed and used unironically

America is getting fatter as a country, and people are growing up surrounded by otherwise attractive women who become fat. People want to fuck more than they can continue to be picky.

Totally would smash desu, lads.

my god that ass...source? google gives nothing

dr. engineered thicc

omorashi.org. some girl who makes custom pee vids

homo sapiens discriminate against fat people. i hate when idiots make it about men or the media. stop forcing us to like shit. fuck outta here.