Mads Mikkelsen's character in Dr. Strange has been revealed. It's Kaecilius

Mads Mikkelsen's character in Dr. Strange has been revealed. It's Kaecilius.

comicbook.com/2016/06/20/mad-mikkelsens-doctor-strange-character-revealed/

>While Mads Mikkelsen was cast in Doctor Strange months ago, his character has remained under wraps. It seems that’s going to change as merchandise for the film prepares to make its way onto store shelves.

>Heroic Hollywood got a sneak peek at one of the toy sets being released alongside the film. The toy’s description reveals that Mikkelsen is playing Kaecilius.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kaecilius_(Earth-616)
kat.cr/doctor-strange-vol-01-03-strange-tales-marvel-premire-03-14-short-runs-gns-through-2011-requested-ported-heybirder-t10969776.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, this. Apparently he was some flunky of Mordo's. What a waste of Mads.

Quite possibly the most obscure character to be a villain in one of these movies yet.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kaecilius_(Earth-616)

What if Mads is playing Kaecilius who is controlled by someone more powerful from the other side to set up a future villain?

>What a waste of Mads.

Mads gets to bring his own distinct presence to a minor character rather than overhaul an existing major character unrecognizabley.

You all don't know what you want.

>What a waste of Mads.
Pretty much par for the course of the MCU. They have a tendency to nab oscar winning actors and just completely and totally waste them in every way possible. They just want the fact to be known that "hey, we have an oscar winner in our movie!".
This dude only took that role because he wanted his kid to see him as a superhero.

PROTIP: Every superhero movie actor is doing it either for the paycheck, the fame or the kids.

Which is generally why they all feel exactly the fucking same. It's also why I was done with the MCU after Thor 1.

S'what happens when you don't do light reading on the material before signing up, should have waited out for Black Panther or something.

He did a great job all the same, he seemed the most invested in the on-goings. Balanced out how flippant the others behaved.

>missing out on Winter Soldier
>missing out on Guardians
>missing out on Antman
>missing out on Civil War
lol

Saw ant-man a week ago I think, It was generic and felt like filler. Winter soldier was ok. Guardians is alright, but just like avengers, it doesn't hold up after more than one viewing. Haven't seen civil war.

Well shit, an user called it.

>Well shit, an user called it.

user guesses everything.

>Civil War

that movie was a festering pile of shit... the only thing good was the airport fight, which is apparently all some people need to make it "the best movie ever made everrrrr!!!!!1111111"

>>missing out on Antman

Wait…do people actually think Antman was a good movie? Antman represents everything wrong with cape movies. The definition of an assembly line, committee approved movie.

>Generic plot; Stealing from Iron Man 1
>Paul Rudd trying to be Chris Pratt
>Tone all-over the place
>Mediocre action sequences
>Maybe worst MCU villain yet
etc…

t. zack snyder

So fucking nothing?

So you really weren't done with the MCU and just wanted to sound like an elitist faggot

I didn't think it was possible to be more obscure than Killian.

Go to bed Wright

So I'm guessing Kaecilius will suddenly make a comeback in the comics, just like Malekith and Darren Cross did.

>Kaecilius was a disciple of Baron Mordo. He often served as field agent or deliverer of messages for Mordo.

inb4 all part of Mordo's, and by extension Dormmamu's, plans

Cross was way more obscure

Someone who claimed to be from the set said Mads is playing two characters.

Initials of characters...

"K"
and
"C"

THat movie snyergy baby

his secret identity was obscure, but Yellowjacket is moderately well known

This is generally a good thing though.

They're taking an obscure literally who character and actually giving them a personality. A lot of good stories in capeshit come from reinventing characters nobody cares about.

fuck meant for

Kaecilius and Clea

Nah, Killian was just a bit player in Extremis who entered the story by killing himself. Cross was the villain of Lang's origin.

Chthon would make some sense. He's from another dimension and considered a "devil" who created vampires, werewolves, and witches.

In that a friend downloaded them and wanted me to watch them with her, sure. Haven't seen thor 2 or avengers 2 and probably never will.

Kaecilius and Captain Mar-vel

Dormammu better be up in this movie.

None of the Sinister Six are in here, right?

He'll probably get a post-credits scene where he and Mordo are plotting shit.

Nah nigga leve him for the sequel

Did you fuck her?

Shill harder

Why would they be? Kraven is the only Spider-Man villain with any supernatural connection that I can think of.

Mysterio had one for a while but it was awful.

>no Dormammu
>no Shuma
>Cucumberbatch as Strange
>literally who director to handle the most visually distinct property they have
>wasting Mads in a no name character

I thought you liked Strange, Feige.

The first trailer completely and totally aped the matrix and inception. You deserve everything you get.

Why not Mid-Credits?
I say mid or post credits stinger.

I wonder why no Shuma-Gorath yet either but oh well.

FUCK IT.
kat.cr/doctor-strange-vol-01-03-strange-tales-marvel-premire-03-14-short-runs-gns-through-2011-requested-ported-heybirder-t10969776.html

>implying he won't just be a throw away villain like Red Skull, Ronan, Malekith and Cross

Sure, but a guy can hope.

>Shill harder

I was a navy seal with 10,000 pushups I cant even finish this meme

Cross was one of the better, weirder one-shot villains.

>Shill harder

If he was Dormammu you'd complain his head wasn't on fire.

If he was Nightmare you'd complain he wasn't pale with green clothes.

If he was Baron Mordo you'd complain he didn't have a beard.

>should have waited out for Black Panther or something
that's funny, because he was Black Panther for his cartoon

Where did someone claim this? Leddit?

>>Paul Rudd trying to be Chris Pratt

But he was literally just Paul Rudd

>a friend

Sure thing pal

I like Donald Trump

>You all don't know what you want.

Yes we do, Mads as Doom.

>>Kaecilius

How do you even pronounce that?
Also, Malekith tier. When you have to kickstart Dr. Strange, you go with this guy? Not even Nightmare? I can understand not doing Dormamu or Shuma Gorrath out of the gate, but there's got to be a more famous Strange villain to use!

He's just a vessel for a larger villain.

>Antman represents everything wrong with cape movies
It's the epitome of a generic cape movie. But at the same time, it perfectly shows how to do a generic cape movie right. It was formulaic, but it hit every note just right.

So is the male Diamondback going to come back with Luke Cage?

Name's got to be a cover up, like Mandarin style bullshit. Malekith was 1000x more relevant than this character.
He'll probably end up turning into/possessed by someone else by the end of the movie.

>Diamondback
Dammit, I REALLY want a Serpent Society movie.

kay-sill-e-us?

It looks like disney will need extra shilling money to promote this especially in RT

Hypernatremia detected

Well they are using Mordo and probably want to make it about his "journey" to being the new Loki figure.

I'm sure they'll appear at some point. It's not like the movies acknowledge the Netflix shows. Though it would be hilarious if synergy had the male Diamondback kill the female one.

So, maybe part of the Netflix shows or perhaps Phase Four or?

Go back to killing the DCEU, Zack.

Dr. Strange post credits leak in pic, check it out.

POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE

Goddamnit, Mads was the only reason I was gonna see the movie.
Actually, now that I saw the trailer and Cumonabatch managed to lose his accent so well for the role, I may see it anyway.

If they have a replacement Cap, surely a future film.

>not making peace with wasted Mads

c'mon he's a Marvel villain guys. dude's getting some nice exposure with this and Rogue One love it

I rather he not get that exposure.
He was in a fine place where he was, making amazing movies, starred in one of the greatest TV series I've ever seen.
He was a Bond villain, granted the role wasn't as big as it should've been.

Yeah I bet they'll recast eventually possibly middle of Phase Four or something. Similar to recasting James Bond.

what's wrong with exposure? worst case he just goes back to Europe and makes Danish movies. hell maybe somehow this will lead to more Hannibal, I know he's up for it

>recast
Nah, Evans doesn't want to do Captain forever.
Plus, Captain can be replaced in story.
RDJ quitting is where they'll have a problem.
They kind of painted themselves into a corner by making his identity public knowledge.

I'm just worried he'll end up in romantic comedies or shit like that.

I thought Chris wouldn't mind playing Cap in the future now that Ike Perlmutter is gone from Marvel Studios.

I hadn't heard about that.

On this very part of Sup Forums, user.

Evans changed his mind on quitting after working with the Russos

MCU Kaecilius sounds like an amalgam of Modred and Kaecilius.

Mads has said his character believes he is doing good, and that sounds like Modred; an idealist who gets Justed hard.

Chthon exposed the sorcerer community (and Bendis) as a bunch of conceited liars in Mighty Avengers, and the AO being accused of being a naughty fibber is a plot point in DS apparently.

Mads might be playing Chthon via voice and CGI post-Strange, with Kaecilius the mindrape-monkey, as he starts fucking shit up in the wider MCU while Dormammu appears in the Doctor Strange sequels. Dormammu would take half the movie to set up and does not open up much of the mystic universe other than the Dark Dimension, but Mordo being Dormammu's spy would be great set-up.

Well, from what Feige has said the plot is that Mads' character thinks the AO is lying about how dangerous the outer dimensions are. Instead he claims it would be better to bring down the dimensional barriers and allow humanity to experience the wonders of the multiverse.

If that's the case, I see no reason the the treat should be limited to just ONE extra dimensional horror. Feige has said the Dark Dimension appears in the movie, that leaked Lego set image suggests we might get some sort of tentacle Lovecraftian horror at one point, and now people are raising the idea that Cthon could be involved.

I like the idea that Kaecilius rejects the teachings of the Ancient One, weakens the dimensional barriers, and then the entire Dr. Strange rogues gallery mindrapes him and makes him their puppet while Strange, Mordo, and the AO all freak the geek out as Many-Angled Ones, demons, Mindless Ones, and Cthon's dark minions all start popping out of dimensional rifts at once. Like, Imagine if Kaecilius, by the end of the movie, has had his brain colonized by Dormammu, Cthon, and Shuma-Gorath simultaneously and they're all jockeying for control of his body, each trying to force him to open up the MCU to their own respective forces.

That would be a great twist on the possession trope.

Kaecilius opens the floodgates and gets the trifecta of mindrape.

>It's an "immigration is bad" episode

>Mads Mikkelsen will never play Doctor Doom in a MCU movie

>Mads gets to bring his own distinct presence to a minor character rather than overhaul an existing major character unrecognizabley.
No, he won't . We've all read Fiege views on villains in these film. You're literally insane if you think it's gonna change now.

I've seen Guardians more than any other MCU movie and I say you're wrong. If anything you pick up on shit you missed the second time around. It's way better than Avengers.

I think when the immigrants are like this guy then yeah, in that case it might be.

Well, if we are not limited to the MCU, but any Marvel film, there is Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

>Strange
>Famous

Found the problem. Only thing a popular strange villeins serves to do is please/tick off fanboys. People who actually fund these films don't know shit about Strange beyond his looks and magic.

And besides, everyone you just listed is OP as fuck for a beginner strange. Would you really be satisfied with fresh off the boat strange beating Nightmare?

Not that user, but personally I think it was dumb of them to go with beginner Strange in the first place for this very reason.

From what I can tell that creature is standing his ground and Strange is an invader.

it's fine as long as no one else does

>Maybe worst MCU villain yet
That's still and always will be Malekith. You could never screw up harder if you tried.

I assumed it would be pronounced the same as the Roman name Caecilius. Which I only know about from the Cambridge Latin books when I did Latin at school.

that's kai-kill-ee-us by the way.

Pretty much. Corey Stroll at least put in some effort and had some memorable moments in Ant-Man (plus it is Corey Stroll)

Malekith pissed me off because they completely wasted Eccleston. Like, you got this great actor, then cover him in makeup, have him speak another language, and even though he kills Thor's mother, he's still not memorable! Then again, Thor: The Dark World is my least favorite MCU film for a ton of reasons.