Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Why was it perfect?

>Alfred Molina
>Spider-Man dealing with some pretty deep issues with wanting to be Spidey and his relationships with Harry and MJ
>great fight scenes
>great usage of CGI and practical effects
>Danny Elfman score
>the scene where they're about to remove the arms from Doc Ock

Perfect pacing, perfect villain, good drama, shows superhero's vulnerability.
it had its flaws, though.

Third was better
>Cool spiderman
>3 villans
>harry was alright

I like three.
It definitely isn't as shit as everyone makes it out to be and is more enjoyable than the two TASM movies but it isn't better than 1 & 2.

>muh lab accident, now i'm bad
>perfect villain

Its not perfect, in fact this Sup Forums circlejerk healding this film as top tier perfection is getting out of hand. Especially when its just used to say "oh yea and by the way, all other superhero films past this one are trash"

>maryjane is boring and uninteresting instead of a loud party girl
>"oh no, the girl I like is getting maaaaried!!! and the husband is a paper cutout non character! What will happen!?
>this takes up half the movie's plot, which conveniently no one mentions
>awful use of cgi that stands out immediately and makes Spider-Man especially look like a cartoon
>exact same villain origin as the previous film
>sympathetic bad guy gone "insane" again
>attempts at being funny fall flat

Basically this.

Are you trying at being retarded? He lost his wife to his passions, and furthermore, they took control over him, but not completely; they tipped his mind into thinking everyone else was to blame. His story is literally a metaphor for the anger stage, procrastinating your grief.

But of course I should have said perfect capekino villain.

because your a mongoloid

>perfect capekino villain

MJ was growing up, hence the increasing drift between her and Peter

Peters trouble as Peter is the reason why he gives up being Spider-Man, and why his powers begin to wane in the first place. It literally needed to be half the film.

The CGI was great

It was the same villain and origin as the first film, you're right, but that doesn't mean anything. Molina and Dafoe are amazing comic book villains.

it just is

I mean aside from the weird inclusion of third reich propoganda,it's a good funny film but i never understood why Raimi left so many of his anti-semetic clues all around the movies for viewers,it just felt out of place

Spiderman 1 was disturbing though. 9/11 jokes in 2002? too soon Raimi.

Jesus Christ Raimi, really?!?

>capeshit
>ever good
at least give a somewhat watchable movie, watchmen for example

>Spider-Man being unable to shot web due to his lack of confidence was a metaphor for erectile dysfunction
this hit a little too close to home

He was a perfectly compelling villain but it bothers me that literally every spider-man villain has this backstory.

>Watchman
Nice to see Sup Forums is as pleb as usual. The move version of Watchman is frankly embarassingly bad, especially when compared to the source material.

start working out. Its like magic

>exact same villain origin as the previous film

It's a pretty standard origin as far as Spider-man villains go.

Of the 98 theatrically-released capsehit films I've seen, I have Spider-Man 2 at number 35.

The train sequence is obviously excellent (and I liked the emergency-room scene, too), but Mary-Jane's characterisation across the film is extremely poor, both in comparison to the original film but also confined within this one. In the first one you can appreciate that she's in an abusive home and wants to feel safe so latches onto the popular guy at school and then the rich heir, but in this one she's a complete fucking cunt who treats Peter like shit for the entire film, finds out he's Spider-Man, then goes back to her astronaut boyfriend and takes it doggy-style for another few days until she's finished being a whore and leaves him at the alter to run to Peter and fuck him while still in her wedding dress meant for the other guy. The general shittiness of the love interest in this movie really brought it down for me.

Also, one of the film's most important elements is Peter giving up being Spider-Man then deciding that's a mistake - but this doesn't occur across the movie. From his dumping of the suit in the alley to taking it back from Jameson's office, only fifteen minutes of screentime pass. The pacing is atrocious.

Basically, Doc Ock was cool, and a lot of his scenes were cool, and the rest was fairly average. It's fine. Probably a 6/10. It's certainly overrated.

Spiderman 1 & 2 are the best mainstream all-ages movies released in the 21st century so far. They blow Pixar out of the water in terms of being positive and moral entertainment that anyone can enjoy and take inspiration from.