Modern shows and movies that would have been made into cartoons in the 80's

Inspired by if they were still making kid friendly cartoons and toy sets from adult and R rated films today, what would be made?

Which R rated movies from 2005+ would definitely have toy sets for kids ages 8 and up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w
youtu.be/VkkLz3EE8Wk
youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deadpool

isn't that happening already?

Absolutely Walking Dead

I can see the toy commercials with the kids playing with the figures fighting off the evil zombie minions of Zombor with the Boneshaker which looks like a VW van with buzzsaw attachments and missile launchers. And the awesome treehouse fortress playset with net traps and trash can weapons to snare evil zombies.

Deadpool the Animated- Dang it, took mine.

Anyway, a problem is that nowadays they don't really make R rated action films, and that's what most of those kinds of cartoons are adapted from. They skip over creating the R rated stuff and just make a movie that has a wider appeal instead of having a movie version and cartoon version. Deadpool's probably the only notable R rated action movie we've had for a long time, so R rated movies lately are more likely to be more about adult humor (Ted) or sex (50 Shades of Grey).

They can still do something like Inglorious Bastards or Expendibles and give it the Rambo/Chuck Norris treatment.

>Braking Bad the animated series
Walter is a mad scientist a la Dexter from dexters's lab who fights against drug dealers and its also a goofy dad like in Malcolm
>mfw

I can see Walter as the scientist that gives superpower granting gadgets to his crew and family to fight drug themed bad guys.

Jessie, Walt jr, Hank, Skyler, and Saul as the cyber Force 5 who take down the evil Hyper Dermo, Pot Head, Coke-O, and Crackor each week.

There would have been some kind of Terminator and Predator tv series on Fox kids by 2009.

>Braking Bad
What you just said, but with Brak.

21/22 Jump Street would lend itself well, probably only to a made for tv movie though. After all, the fourth wall breaks are the right amount, but it'd be a bit overbearing to have one an episode for who knows how many.

>Baking Bad
>Kid version of the show where Walter creates a recipe for the best cupcakes ever and other characters try to steal it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Hardcore Henry.
> he keeps falling for girls that end up betraying him in the end
> TMNT style comedy fighting
> he can kill as many people as he wants since thay're all cyborgs
> running joke where he falls apart and loses body parts

Dredd could work. Just have him mostly shoot robots and monsters. Human bad guys get arrested most of the time or face grisly Batman Beyond-style bad ends.

>not Badger, Skinny P, Combo, Jesse and Walter White as the Cyber Force 5

Maybe Mike as the 6th

Reminds me of Yakitate! Japan

Turbo Kid

He and Apple go on adventures across the wasteland and scavenge for resources and mike friends with/fight weird characters along the way while trying to reach Zeus.

> mfw JP animated never
youtu.be/VkkLz3EE8Wk

I get the feeling Dredd would be more the type of thing MTV would grab

kind of like Superfiend

youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk

>Blacklist

I could see being done into a cartoon pretty easily, you'd just have to half of the guys on the blacklist though

Pretty much all major blockbuster.
I'm still surprised there was no Jurassic Park cartoon at the time.

>Independence Day cartoon with Jeff Goldblum and a team of soldiers fighting aliens around the world.
>The Walking Dead with less gore and a quirky zombie character sidekick
>Lisbeth Salander action mystery hour!
>Orange is the new black, with the setting changed to an all-girls school
>Mad Max show similar to Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
>Zombieland cartoon with a badass Woody Harrelson on his unending quest to find hostess pies
>Your Highness show parodying high fantasy

>tfw we'll never get this

>Martin Brundle is on a quest to find his father and rescue him from the evil Bartok corporation who uses his telepod science to cross their private soldiers with animals to make powerful monsters.
>Martin has a secret weapon, he can shed his human skin and transform into the human insect power house known as The Fly!

So basically, the Guyver.

I absolutely want to know what Moore thinks of this video. It eats away at me.

Fun factL Those wacky Chaos Effect toys in the 90's were originally part of a cartoon, but the cartoon fell through, leaving them with the toys, hence why the new CE stuff they made has goofy, exaggerated proportions and radically bright colors

Kick-Ass. Probably rename it to Kick-Man and Hit Girl.

>Army of Darkness cartoon
>Ash gets sucked into a different time period every week where he kicks butt and hands out one-liners like candy on Halloween
>something something valuable history lessons

I remember a thread here on Sup Forums where we came up with ideas for a Jurassic Park cartoon series if it was made when the movie was. All I remember was the kids turning into dinosaurs with Dr. Grant being a Professor X/Zordon type character and

>IT'S TIME TO GET JURASSIC!

Independence Day I could see having the same art style MIB and Godzilla had.