Marvel

Why are Marvel so into token shit

>Black Panther (all black creative team)
>Power Man & Iron Fist (All black creative team)
>That new Mosaic character (All black creative team)
>Totally Awesome Hulk (All Asian creative team)
>Nighthawk (Black writer & hispanic artist)

Then you have
Spider-Man (All White creative team)
Sam Wilson Captain America (All white creative team)

Do you see the trend. Why is it that these creators are only working on books with characters that look like them?

Gets them free viral marketing from Sup Forums

You can't write an authentic Black Panther from a position of white privilege.

i thought walker had a couple other series going

He's from a country completely different than ours so anyone American writing him is fucking up in the first place.

Mcgregor is white as fuck and he wrote an awesome bp and established wakanda

Hickman and Aaron also write a good BP

It's a wonderful form of segregation

Oh and lets not forget that all the black heroes meet up with nothing in common besides being black

Why are so many of Marvel's black characters so boring and awful? There are like 5 good ones.

I know you're b8ing but T'Challa has more privilege than 99% of Marvels heroes

Because the black comes before the character. It's why the have nothing as good as Waller or Manta

Clearly, there needs to be a Trans-Asian writing PM/IF.

That privilege was given to him by a white writer. Hopefully Coates will reintroduce struggle into Black Panther's life. Would love to see him overcoming actual black struggle.

Nigga the most struggle he went through was in Panther's Rage

But in the current year the biggest obstacle to blacks is other blacks.

>Why is it that these creators are only working on books with characters that look like them?

Marvel thinks that's progressive. The all black creative team you pointed out for Black Panther? When Coates first approached Marvel he wanted to writer Spider-Man, Peter not Miles, and he was offered Black Panther because of course he was black too

Same shit with Christopher Priest, he wanted Daredevil, but got Black Pantehr

Especially when you are the king of an African nation where 99% of the population is black.

In the last few years there's been a lot of press coverage of how America will soon no longer be a majority-white country, and how Diversity is the future.

So there's a sense that if they want to get new, young readers, they have to try and reach the nonwhite ones because the new generation is less white than the older generation.

Most of the people who make comics are liberals who feel guilty about working in such an illiberal business, so this makes them feel like doing the right thing is also good for business.

Whether this will really work is another question. It sometimes leads to absurd tokenism like when they only want black writers to work on black characters. But then comics is basically a small business that doesn't do much market research on who its readers really are and what they really want, so they go on vague and slightly condescending ideas about the tastes of readers who aren't like them (i.e. mostly white).

>So there's a sense that if they want to get new, young readers, they have to try and reach the nonwhite ones because the new generation is less white than the older generation.
I'm quite sure you can simply write good comics.
It's not like the rest of the world has problems with reading american comics, so why should Americans have problems reading american comics regardless the colour of the writer\character?

Because America makes a big deal about race.

I still don't get that.

Then again, I still think there must be something in the air, water or both, as Americans are a bunch of nutjobs.

>Sam Wilson
>All white creative team
>creators are only working on books with characters that look like them

>I still don't get that.

well see for like 100 years we treated black people and other not white people worse than animals and it only stopped because of the bloodiest war the USA has been in. (which tbf the numbers are juked bc it was a civil war) so that created some tension

>which tbf the numbers are juked bc it was a civil war

Also it was the 1800's so battlefield medicine was pretty much " how can I help you die?"