Why does Home Movies have a black baby?

do you think Brandon's parents got divorced because his mom was cucking his dad?

Shes adopted.

The dad was played by louis ck too lmao

Adopted after Paula had a crisis post-divorce.

AND ILL RACE

Why would Paula adopt a child after having one and divorcing. Plus the fact that she doesn't really make much money seems totally irresponsible.

seewasn't in the right state of mind and now she can't turn back

the question is why the fuck they GAVE her a kid.

A lot of the time the adoption process is purposefully strict and drawn out, but sometimes it's lenient (bordering on dangerous) and seedy shit can happen, especially when a lot of money is involved.

This is the same universe that lets Jon McGuirk work with children.

Adoption agencies should be a little more picky. I remember my neighbor tried to rescue a puppy once and they wouldn't let her because she was in her late 60's. If a pet rescue has that kind of discretion why the hell wouldn't an adoption agency?

>I have something to tell you guys about Pipopo, my ferret,'s family tree.
>it was crap.
>Pipopo escaped a year ago.
>In fact, I don't even know that I had a ferret in the first place.
>I think it was imaginary.
>I don't think there even is such a thing as ferrets.

as i understand it theyre simultaneously too picky and not remotely picky enough. they seem to disqualify the best, allow the worst (bowing to social pressure of course) and generally act like orphans are this rare thing we can blow a lot of effort on, instead of a surplus we need to palm off because almost anything is better than being raised by the fucking state.
Then you have the foster system and it's like, the equivalent of fucking.. probation and plea bargaining.

I would assume having a baby in the show was so paula would be preoccupied with her and give brendan more autonomy, which helps the whole kids talking and acting like adults thing that the show has going on. Wheres everyone getting the whole she was adopted after the divorce thing? I havent watched home movies in a while.

Brendan and Paula outright say Josie is adopted in the fourth season. Unless Andrew is just an extremely shitty person, I'm more likely to believe Paula got Josie on her own.

Thanks. I havent watched this in a few years. Except for bye bye greasy.

>first episode Brendon has a problem with McGuirk dating his mom
>the rest of the series McGuirk is the cloest thing he has to a father figure seeing how his father is mostly estranged

His dad had a big role during season 2

you don't see him once in season 4
its even weirder how they completely cut him seeing how they knew it was gonna be their last season

Well the voice actor of Paula molested a boy so who knows

Didn't he show for one episode when they went golfing?

I could be wrong. Seasons 3 and 4 kind of blend together for me honestly.

quarter for the bus

Always wondered this.

Why would Andrew be shitty? I always got the vibe Paula divorced him because he was always busy with work.

Andrew seemed like he didn't understand the supporting role a husband/father should play emotionally. He got a trophy wife that he just had to buy things for to end her tantrums, so it worked out for him?

Paula was black

Poundstone, 41, was charged with three counts of committing a lewd and lascivious act on a girl under the age of 14 on May 19 and June 6, said Santa Monica District Attormey Gina Satriano. The comedian was also charged with child endangerment for an incident involving two other girls and two boys, also on June 6.

Looking back I found it to be pottery that after Andrew had his kid, he stopped coming and seeing Brendan. Basically forgetting him

cause she likes BBC