This is a simple thread with a simple purpose

This is a simple thread with a simple purpose.
Who is your favorite super hero and why?

God
Because his motives intrigue me

Spiderman because tobey maguire made my childhood.

Spiderman because he does whatever a spider can.

And also because I'm now used to putting on a Spiderman mask to entertain kids.

You know the best part of being Spider-Man user ? Everything

Captain America / Superman
Because I'm a hopeless romantic.

Spider-man and Booster Gold are p-cool too; same reason.

(OP)
Superman because he's an avatar of hope who sincerely believes there's always a way.
> but movies
> but flashpoint
pimples on continuity I don't care to acknowledge and neither need you

> Cap
Not my first choice but we are clearly brothers here. It's not a coincidence Amalgam unified them into Super-Soldier.

my favorite superhero is cable because he's a big dumb 90s hero and i'm a big dumb 90s manchild

Superman. I love the simplicity of the character, the earnest nature of his motivation, and the diversity of his powers.

Popeye, because he can either fix or destroy anything by punching it.

Its an honest tie between Spiderman and Batman. I was exposed to them extremely early and never stopped loving them.
Although Superman is gaining on them.

human torch, cause he thinks he's great but he's kinda lame also when he teams up with spidey is some of his best stuff i think so probably spidey too.

Spider-Man, because I was a fanatic for him growing up. I had just the right time to be a kid to see the 90's cartoon, the Raimi movies and reruns of Amazing Friends. And then when I got older I got a few of these bad boys.

Nowadays, I don't know. I find myself more interested in the creative team than the character, but Daredevil is pretty great just to see what the artists do with his abilities, and Flash and GL have fun powers also.

Any of the Lanterns, because having a power ring would be the best power.

Indigo or orange really.

Reed Richards
Because he's a grown ass man an one of the few Big 2 character's allowed to stay a grown ass man.

Loving the honesty here.

As for myself, I guess I'd have to go with The Flash (Wally) and Spider-Man. The former went from a snotty womanizer to a real, lovable hero and while the Speed Force is complete bullshit, it's - for the most part - handled interestingly.
Or amusingly, at least.

Peter's... well, Peter. I've been reading the Stern omni and the more I read, the more I love the character. He's not perfect, but they didn't just slap alcoholism on him and call it a day;
he's temperamental but quick-witted and it makes him seem almost cruel at times.
However, he lives by the familiar mantra, pulling his punches and saving even his foes when possible.
He's really smart, but often a little dense in some respects. Despite his genius and great power, he's a character a lot of folks can relate to in some way or another.

>Stern run
Arguably the best the character's seen.

From what I've read?
Definitely. I also ordered the Lee / Ditko omni the other day.

beast because he actually gives a shit and his evolving mutancy is a reflection of the mutant condition

Always dr. Strange.
He has the cool magic powers that can do just about anything. His costume is kick ass. He has a rockin mustache. He lives in a mystical mansion in the village. He travels to all kinds of dimensions. He got clea who was easily the coolest girlfriend/wife character of em all as she was hot, from another dimension, and also did magic. Also everyone came to him for help and advice. He was always THE go to guy for magic or supernatural related problems.

Spider-Man is my favorite "hero" hero, since I was a kid he was my favorite...maybe I found him more relatable since he was generally portrayed more as a teen or young adult in most stuff, as opposed to other heroes who always seemed more like REAL grown ups...plus I always liked his design, villains, power set, and the fact that he's kind of a dickhead despite being a good guy

Wolverine was my other favorite as a kid because to me he challenged the idea of what it a "hero" actually is, and the whole "no kill" morality that even as a little kid I found questionable....as I got older though Punisher took that place

Miles Spiderman. He's cool

It's a toss up between Jaime Blue Beetle and Supes.

Wolverine (80's era). Just as a kid seeing someone who in all honesty should've been a villain try to be a hero. I really related to having that dark side that can completely overwhelm you but constantly trying to keep it at bay. I think Claremont gave the best description of him as being a "failed samurai". He had a code that he always strived to reach, even though he would fall short many of the times. He would always pick himself back up and try again. There was something about his honor, and loyalty that I really connected with and would try to emulate.

>the diversity of his powers
what?

I have a real soft spot for the Hama / Silvestri run.
The first trade even had "Jungle Adventure" by Simonson and Mignola, which was a very pleasant surprise.
I actually only got the book because the comic shop messed up, but yeah, I ended up really liking it.

Namor. He takes what he wants, when he wants. He gets his ass kicked a good amount of times, but it doesn't really change him.
Also, I always liked the whole "Sea King" powerset. Something about having jurisdiction over the ocean and its creatures is really cool to me.

he has a lot of powers that were unique.

This. His wild powers, weird villains, and setting and team-ups allow for interesting artwork and some fun writing as well.

I also really like Sue Storm

>laser vision
>ice breath
>X-Ray vision
>flight
>super strength

My favorite hero would probably be Wally or Dick.

Both came outta the shadows of their mentors and became their own heroes, (arguably more Dick then Wally since he took his own name and shit.)

Runner up is Selina Kyle, (yeah she's technically a villain,) but she walks that grey line a lot better than Batman despite what he's usually played up like.