Ratigan sings about drowning widows and orphans

>ratigan sings about drowning widows and orphans
>has a cat that eats mouse alive
>basil is put on a literal death trap
>villain falls to his death
this was kinda grim for a children's movie

And yet this is what most of us remember from it.

As time has gone on, animation has become increasingly "for kids" as well as content deemed acceptable "for kids" become more and more censored

So, it's a combinations of adults enjoying cartoons less and and adults being more over protective of what their kids see, really it all has to do with the separation of "kid" and "adult"

Why do people find zoophilia appealing?

"It doesn't matter how dark a story is; if it has a happy ending, kids will be able to take it."
-Don Bluth

which in turn comes from or causes people having kids later in life instead of earlier as they're intended to

Ratigans final breakdown was great. As a kid I was similarly scared and utterly enamored with this vicious berserker he suddenly became. It's still one of the coolest villain moments I can think of.

I dunno, it kinda seems like it fluctuates more to me.

Like there will be a period where what kind of content that constitutes as being acceptable for kids will be extremely strict and cartoons will be heavily censored as result, then the restrictions become a little more lax as slightly more adult content manages to slip past the radar for awhile, and then after awhile the censors step in again when they think shows are pushing it too far and the whole process starts over again.

This is the norm for a lot of Disney films.

I want to fug Olivia

>Depicts lots of alcohol and drunken behavior
>Guns and knives everywhere
>Smoking
>A burlesque act

It's pretty shocking by today's standards. Weird how our social standards have actually become more strict in some regards as opposed to the other way around.

We've gotten a lot more conservative about how we present children's entertainment when it comes to sex, violence, and drugs.

This is literally the weakest way to end ANY movie, not just movies for children. The only one that did it well was Hunchback, and that was because of the symbolism.

Many say Hunchback is the most underrated Disney-classic, but I'm going to have to say it's this one.

Well, it's accurate given that's the same way Professor Moriarty died.

He wasn't kiddin. I loved Secret of NIMH as a kid, and that movie had the villain crush a character like a bug, then a sword fight where he gets nailed through the back with a dagger. Great Mouse Detective was also enjoyed.

It comes and goes in waves.
Consider the 20s vs the 40s, 80s vs 2000s...

I loved how Basil kept Ratigan's murder bell as a victory trophy at the end of the film, and framed the newspaper headline featuring him and Dawson being honored by the Queen, as well as a story covering Ratigan's death.

>Ratigan brainstormed the world's first waifu robot

The PBS cable channel Sprout has been showing TGMD lately. But Miss Kitty's scene is almost completely edited out. Seriously.

Ratigan wasn't wrong

Society needs a bit of ethnic cleansing from time to time

The 80s were a good but different time

Don't forget the smoking, the drinking, and the stripper in the bar.

meant for

Lets start with you for not being 100% of something then.

Ratigan was my first why boner.