Tom King/David Finch Batman

Y'all ready for the best Batman run since Morrison?
That doesn't mean much, but Batman #1 was really, really good.

>best Batman run since Morrison

urg.No.

Batman #1 was underwhelming m8. Obviously I'm sticking around for at least the first arc and probably more (as long as the first arc isn't AWFUL) but it felt like a pretty standard Bat comic.

I may have expected too much looking for King's Vision in a Batman comic but I was hoping it would be a bit more cerebral. But like I said, only the first issue. Omega Men's first issue isn't stellar either.

>Best Batman run since the run before last...

Yeah, I'm really hype for it. I really wanna see what he'll do with Gotham & Gotham Girl, first issue was really nicely structured and intriguing.

it was the same for Grayson, people only started praising it after some issues

#1 wasn't good though and I'm dropping the book

Between this and Tec it looks like I read Batman again.

It was really underwhelming dude, I say that as someone who really likes Tom King's writing.

I'm giving it a full arc, but if it doesn't get better I'll probably drop it.

Was getting caught shilling part of your plan?

Hope the art improves a little...but maybe I just miss capullo.

Goddamn it though that guy was meant for batman. Its like all those years of doing shitty ass spawn were training for when he moved on to a real comic book.
Cos fuck spawn.

I think you're being very generous. I'm sure it'll be good but you should join the rest of us on earth, son.

I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more. Batman and Green Arrow both look really promising.

What's going on with Tec? It's still Tynion right? He has historically not blown me away.

Too bad he was a shitty redesigner

Best since Morrison just means better than Snyder, really.

My reaction

It doesn't matter, Kingfags are the human shit of /co right now.

Snyder who outsold Morrison by a fuckton. And Black Mirror is still better than any arc from Morrison's clusterfuck of a run.

It was better than Snyder's whole run.

Man, I was hoping to finally get into Batman comics with this new creative team, but I had to drop it after #1 came out because there are just way too many good comics to pick up, especially in the upcoming months.

It really wasn't.

>outsold

No one cares

>tumblr
noone asked you

I worded it wrong. That single issue was better than every single issue from Snyder's whole run.

>outsold

That doesn't mean anything. Why is your generation no fixated on money? You have no soul.

Yes, it feels good to finally read Batman again. I really thought we'd get stuck in a Slott situation.

The Monkees outsold the Beatles and the Rolling Stones in 67. Sales mean dick in a discussion of quality.

>all these butthurt Snyderfags

Pro tip, if you didn't bow out after Zero Year you are a fucking pleb with shit taste.

But Zero Year was his best story, why would you stop reading right after that

>Snyder + Cappullo
>King + Finch

Is the lord really so cruel that it couldn't have been King + Cappullo?

No his best story is Black Mirror and because everything after Zero Year was mediocre to absolute shit.

it's just like with Morrison

good writer, bad artist combination

It only needs to be better than Snyder then which isnt too hard

Son, you best not be bad mouthing Quitely.

But Morrison regularly works with the best artists in the industry. He just needs the occasional garbage for fill-ins because the best artist in the industry take their sweet time.

Action Comics is the exception of course. Rags turned a 10 into a 7.

This. I will literally kill you. Quitely is the best in the biz.

>Snyder outsold Morrison
Are you fucking really using this as a mark of quality
And no, The Black Glove and Dickbats Batman and Robin are as good

I liked Rags alot for the early issues. His art has a 30's vibe.
Once it got trippy he was not the best choice though.

BANE?

Whoops

Bury it. Consider this mercy.

How do you know user's generation

Because the generation under the milennials is the one that constantly uses sales and reviews to dictate what they think is good or bad instead of their own opinions. They don't know how to form arguments to support their basis.

Get a load of this moron.
Quitely when teamed up with morrison I will openly state is the best writer/artist combo in modern comics. I challenge anyone to find me a better pairing than those two guys. Then go read pax americana and realize you were wrong.

Oh quit being a mewling fag. You have no idea what generation that or any of those morons are from. You just guess based in not liking their opinions.
Christ when did this place become a fucking factory floor of spluttering retards and self important dip shits like this guy?

"Oh well if he says this that I don't like I bet he's from dis generation. So yong and stupid unlike me right guys!?"

>such shit tastes

his humans barely look humans, they look like mash potato given humanoid form

>Quitely is shit
>Comics are supposed to look realistic
Two awful opinions in one post!

Kek spotted the triggered sub millennial. Maybe stop being such an idiot and thinking that sales and reviews dictate quality little guy.

Wow. This may be the worst opinion I've seen on Sup Forums all day.

>Y'all ready for the best Batman run since Morrison?

This is how people start to hate King. This bullshit hype nonsense.

That literally only means are you readyfor a run better than Snyders. Which is not by any means a high bar to jump over.

I'm getting serious ONeil vibes from King's run. A back to basics approach.

I completely blanked there's only been Snyder on Batman between the two but seriously this is how people start hating King, he becomes overhyped and popular and Sup Forums turns on him. I just want him to tell his story for a while before I judge him.

Don't worry about Sup Forums turning on him, he's talented so it's inevitable. Just like people on this board hate on Morrison and Moore. If they are talented, Sup Forums will eventually hate them.

Black Mirror is so overrated it's laughable. Snyder a shit. No depth or intrigue, heavy, edgy exposition. Perfect for Nolan babbies.

>the early issues

>Action Comics is the exception of course. Rags turned a 10 into a 7.

Such a shame, it's appalling. Morrison and fans deserved better.

>it's inevitable
This makes me so sad. Sup Forums will literally turn on creators and books because they're good. I hope we can get a few arcs in before that happens.

He didn't even draw a lot of the later stuff though

This, people who love Nolan Batman love Snyder. It's strange

No. Black Mirror is great. The problem is Snyder just aped it over and over again throughout his run both in tone and structure so it seems worse in retrospect but still a 10/10 Dickbats story.

Dickbats in general is overrated but this place thinks with its Dick, both of them, so it gets a pass

Yep, normie Batman. What casuals think Batman is. Pic unfortunately related.

I don't see how it's great besides Jock and FF's beautifully tense, dark art. It's a run of the mill Batman story.

In Morrison's hands Dick was perfect. Fun and fancy free Batman to Robin's dour intensity. Should/could still be the status quo today.

More money means people liked it and DC is very willing to let Snyder do more things, user.

It's about Dick coming to terms that he is Batman and readjusting to the monster that is Gotham that he has to wrestle with alone. As you said the art is beautiful as well which really helps but The Dealer and the secret society of rich people and what not were great at the time.

Again you think its run of the mill now because we've had the secret society in Gotham story so many times now but back then it had only been done once or twice before.

>tfw can't tell if this is real or not

More money means more people bought it. The New 52 was a jumping on point so a lot of new readers had no reference for quality.

If all you ever eat is shit you don't know what lobster is suppose to taste like.

ITT
>snyder is bad, no snyder is great, fuck i don't even know anymore
>morrison and quitely is like GOD CUMMING ON MY FACE GIVE ME MORE
>King only has two issues out, but we'll judge the fuck out of it anyways

can you give it a rest and realize the best batman runs are dennis o' neil, peter milligan's and doug moench's?

Who is arguing ONeil's run isn't the best? That's an objective fact.

Most of the people that praise Morrison started with him, they are the old casual that now act as experts because they were there back then.

King's Batman feels closer to O'Neil's in characterization than he's been in a long time, at least that's what I got from the first issue. That's why I'm looking forward to where this will go.

Sorry homie but it was a lesser Black Hand, just like the Owls

Well no shit but it was still good. You clearly don't love Dick.

Oh I love Dick. It was ok Dick, just not great Dick. But that's the thing about opinions, they're like assholes, we all have em and prefer different Dicks.

>But that's the thing about opinions, they're like assholes, we all have em and prefer different Dicks.

>King's Batman feels closer to O'Neil's in characterization
O'Neil' is Top -King is flop

Hi, Damifag, how was you ban?

Man all the negativity toward king over bats 1. It wasn't the best ever story but I found it pretty exciting. It was a cool and slightly unusual thing for batman to do. It set the stage so the speak and ended with the set up for these two gotham supermen. Not mind blowing perfect but I enjoyed the read.
But it seems like because it wasn't as good as the very best batman story they've read it's just shit.

Same.

It's annoying as fuck, but you pretty much have to ignore Sup Forums when it comes to Batman runs. People's expectations are all over the place, and -- even though it's a "meme" said by creators of all types of media -- it's impossible to satisfy everyone, especially crazy autists like on Sup Forums.

>you pretty much have to ignore Sup Forums when it comes to Batman runs.

>crazy autists

You really don't, unless it triggers you. Some prefer Snyder, other Morrison, O'Neil, etc. Not especially autistic.

>Some prefer Snyder

I agree w/ that sentiment, was just being diplomatic.

but you really should ignore Sup Forums's opinion about Batman

this place is 75% people that hate Batman, 10% people that only read Batman for the batfamily and a 5% that actually knows and care about Batman comics

Lurk more

Meming aside and also trying to be diplomatic I really think that most of Snyder's fans (unlike O'Neil and Morrison) are people who aren't super familiar with Batman as a comic character.

I imagine your typical Snyder fanboy maybe grew up on TAS and then worshiped the Nolan movies and then read Year One, Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke and now they're into Snyder. Loeb's Hush was the same way.

Posts like these are why i feel like King praise is more hype than anything else

Agreed wholeheartedly. Like Hush it's yet another repackaged greatest hits collection rather than a new album. For people that wanna listen to those same songs they remember, not fans of the band interested to see where they go next.

That's a Snyder hater more likely than it's a King cock sucker.

Not that user but while it is hyperbolic, I agree. It was more interesting and better written, truer to characterization than anything from Snyder's run.

apparently somebody does, ass. see

>It was really underwhelming dude, I say that as someone who really likes Tom King's writing.
THIS. So much this. He made me give a shit about Vision ffs!

But I didn't care for this at all: mediocre art ( although after Capullo anything not God Tier was gonnd chaff ); and mediocre writing.

I mean, seriously, you expect me to believe that The Goddamned Batman doesn't have a Batplane? Or, at the very least, the equivalent of a smartphone's gps that he could use to guide a plane in without needing to RIDE IT ALL THE WAY DOWN?

Yeesh.

>I'm giving it a full arc, but if it doesn't get better I'll probably drop it.
I dropped Justice League Dark and Grayson do to the Poser Art and the same artists ( who did Batman Rebirth ) is back for the second arc; so I just don't see the point.

'Tec is looking good so far though, so there's that.

Because, books that don't sell fail. And I'd rather see Batman crush books like all different avengers x-humans or what shit than see fucking whor outsell it because Tom King refuses to tone shit down.

I'm already enjoying King's run because it's clear in the first issue that he's going to explore the mentality and psychology of the character. not that that's a surprise, i think we all knew he would, but you need to do that in a Batman solo book.

meanwhile, it appears Detective is going be more Bat-Senpai-R-Us, which is fine if you're into that, but I'm not.

>Some prefer Snyder, other Morrison, O'Neil, etc. Not especially autistic.

But that's not what happens in terms of criticism. Compared to any other DC hero, Batman tends to draw out Sup Forums users who say, "WOW THIS RUN IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD!" or "HOLY SHIT HE'S LITERALLY DESTROYING THIS CHARACTER, GET THIS FUCKER OFF THE BOOK NOOOOOOOWWWW!"

It took like 2-3 years and 20+ issues before people could actually explain why they didn't like Snyder's run. Before that, if they didn't like it -- and they're allowed not to like it -- they'd just say "THIS IS WORST THING EVER".

Like I said, you have to ignore what Sup Forums says. Or, spend so much time reading between the lines that it gets exhausting. King's run is getting the same thing, both positively and negatively.

hahaha, the beatles? Listen, I know you have your head's so far up Tom King's...work that you can't read a sales chart. But King's books have tanked. At this point anything below 98,000 books an issue is under performing.

As opposed to the bizarre shit stain that was Omega Men. But hey, some people just like terrible stuff amiright?

Damn Morrison fans are dumb. FQ, JH Williams.

It's like you people don't have a single IQ point.

No, they are fucking not. Black Glove is a mess.

Snyder wrote the definitive dickbats story. Black mirror beats anything Morrison did with the character.

>Morrison is a shit. His run overrated. Meta commentary without plot or character work.