The boat scene at the end of two. Makes no sense, right?

The boat scene at the end of two. Makes no sense, right?

>T-Rex is safely locked up in the cargo hold, and sedated
>Baby T-Rex is in Jurassic Park San Diego
>Boat is presumably deserted, and yet, they are all dead.

Who killed them? Well, you know what they say, to understand the future, you have to go back in time. Isn't it odd how the hand was bitten off and holding onto the steering wheel? And the body holding the hold controls? We've seen that before, somewhere.

Ellie Sattler, when she was going to restore power in the first one, a severed arm falls onto her, giving her a false sense of security. The raptors were always able to set traps with bodies, that wasn't something they just learned in the third one. In fact, their traps were more subtle in the beginning. The raptors actually had an understanding of human psychology, that they could manipulate Ellie, and now in the second movie, guide Malcom's attention to the bridge of the ship.

They knew humans would go for the bodies and the odd placement of limbs would unsettle them and cause them to think irrationally. They wanted that hold door open. But they couldn't do it themselves.

1) The T-Rex getting released at sea wouldn't work it would rock the boat and likely end up drowning.

2)The goal of the raptors is to evade detection. They could open doors themselves, of course, but they need a distraction to escape.

So their plan was to get all the heat away from the boat with the T-Rex and they can escape onto mainland in the meantime. And it worked. Clever plan, took me decades to decode it, but once I saw that severed arm in Jurassic Park 1, it all suddenly made sense. gg raptors but the jig is up.

and...AND if they released the T-Rex themselves, it would immediately just eat them, they needed the humans to serve as bait as well.

I knew this puzzle wasn't impossible to solve. Everyone wrote it off as a plothole but that's taking the easy way out. If you don't allow yourself to believe an answer exists, you will never discover it. Always remember to never give up.

I'll post this every day until you praise me for my intellect, I swear I will, I've done it before.

they explain it clearly in the first film-

they're intelligent. even problem solving intelligent.

Not an explanation though.

i'll state it, however.

I really wish they had just ended TLW on a cliffhanger with them flying away on the helicopter and saved all the San Diego stuff for the third movie.

I concizzle

dude it's a movie don't think so hard about it

Gonna be honest you've overthought this a bit, but points for getting somewhat close to the bottom of this.

If I recall correctly there were originally stowaway raptors written into the movie but scrapped late in production, with the scenes in question left in but essentially creating a quasi-plothole

It was a deleted scene/poor script writing

/thread

i'm gonna have to disagree.

the change of local is a dramatic plot shift that helps complete the film.

my concession 'might' be: would the series have been more kino if they only made JP and TLW? epic film and damn good sequel? instead of continuing the trilogy with the comfy but underdeveloped JP3?

I think JP3 was decent looking back (not great but it's a fun dinosaur film that continues having cool special effects), but Spielberg really should have been in charge of directing it and it sucks that they scrapped the original script a few weeks before shooting (which would have gone further into discussing the experiments InGen pulled on the island supposedly).

Jurassic World is pretty bland though, it feels completely different from the first three movies in tone and acting plus the shitty effects just make it feel like a Marvel movie.

Think I agree on both points. Without San Diego TLW just becomes a rehash of the first "we have to get off the island" plot. And I remember being somewhat disappointed by JPIII, as much as a dumb kid can be by a Dino movie with the same good effects as the other two. I would have waited from 97 to 2016 to get an actually good sequel instead of the two flicks we got.

and it's a shame too, because Sam Neill's acting performance in III is actually pretty enjoyable, but doesn't quite compensate for the lack of series development.

don't get me wrong, i still like to watch III and definitely viewed JW plenty of times after it was released they just don't leave the legacy of the first two films.

I didn't actually even watch JW, it just seemed like more uninspired stuff from this zombie Hollywood trend, and without the animatronics I had no real motivation to watch since in my eyes it has no real connection to the movies I liked. Am I just being a bitch?

I guess I'll add that JP was my favorite franchise as a kid bar none, and I had been waiting for JP4 since they announced a 2006 release date.

JW is blockbuster schlock that accidentally featured dinosaurs instead of superheroes. You've missed nothing.

although i will say that i'm as excited as anybody for JW2. schlock or not, i'm in love with the franchise since watching the first two films as a child and nothing's gonna change that.

>took me decades to decode it
>OP just sat in his study all day every day for 10 years thinking about Jurassic Park

This is the cage they locked it in after they knocked it out on the island. This cage is also visible (and empty) strapped to the top deck of the ship after it crashes in San Diego. The T-Rex was shipped in this cage on the top deck, not in the cargo hold which was later shown to be full of cargo. The INGen guy says they were afraid it was given too much of the sedative so they gave it some injection (adrenaline?) to counter the sedative causing it to wake-up and go crazy. I guess that's when it broke out of the cage and started going after the crew (his head could fit through the door of the pilot house). Someone managed to get it to go towards the cargo doors and someone pushed the button to close the doors just before bleeding out and the T-Rex was trapped.

cont.
Also remember they were looking all over the ship trying to find the T-Rex (because it wasn't in the cage/restraints) and only opened the cargo hold because they thought the crew could be down there.

I always assumed it was carnivorous pterodactyls

Me too.

this

fuck you op you're a faggot and a faggot

literally you can google the deletd scene it talks about how they edited out a part of the raptors sneaking onto the boat

link me to the deleted scene then faggot

Carnivorous Pterodactyl. Good song title.

Read the JP book, raptors stow away on the boat. Its implied in TLW if you artards could be bothered to read.