Isn't it interesting how pewdiepie sounds totally fucking American?

Isn't it interesting how pewdiepie sounds totally fucking American?

youtube.com/watch?v=5atVDycaXWM&t

As a matter fact, he sounds like an actual American.

The dude lives in England yet he sounds American. I think it's interesting how the American accent is the one that immigrants default too. He definitely doesn't talk with any regional British dialect, that's 100% for sure

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4nckN3f0dI
youtube.com/watch?v=vnr0kCmkMO0
youtube.com/watch?v=ah1uY-c8JqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>As a matter fact, he sounds like an actual American.
Maybe to someone whose first language isn't English. You're right that he's speaking American English as opposed to British English, but it's American English with a Swedish accent. No native English speaker would mistake that Swedish accent for an American one.

This is because a lot of people from Sweden have known English throughout their lives, which would lead to them not having as thick as an accent. Sure, he may sound a bit American, but there is a difference between how he talks and how an American person talks.

Is he too pure to be an American?

Exactly

>He definitely doesn't talk with any regional British dialect, that's 100% for sure
That's because he's not British. And he doesn't have an American accent.

Does he?

Most swedes lean more to american English. My guess is it has to do with Swedes being exposed to American English through movies etc. to a much larger extent than British English.

He doesn't even sound American, there's clearly a swedish accent.

yeah he sounds gay as fuck like all swedes

How is this guy still relevant? Did he really manage to maintain his 12 year old fanbase when he switched to these vlog style commentary vids?

He speaks with an accent. Not exactly american

Don't be jealous

>the most common and spread english accent is the american accent
>people who learn the language incidentally adopt this accent
wow color me surprised

this is as stupid as asking why people who learn french get the parisian accent

Because many American accents came from immigrants learning English here. Swedes and other Scandinavians who came here created many regional accents here.

Why doesn't he live in LA like the rest of the YouTubers?

>Actors have American accent
What's new?

taxes

It's not though. British English is the most learned even despite American media. Words like "mate" are said by foreigners who speak English all the time. That word is never used here.

Depends on the country. Swedes adopt a 100% American accent usually. They soak it up like water. Although, I met a Swede who spoke in a 100% west of Ireland accent after living here for only like 5 months

his 12-year-old fans don't stay 12 years old you fucking time warp leaf

>British English is the most learned even despite American media.
and ?
we "learn" british english at school but all the media we consume is american

I used to hate him too but he change a lot and he have been browsing some Sup Forums boards too, especially /wsg/ in his vids. Just give it a look for 1 minute and tell me what you think of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=n4nckN3f0dI

>the English speaking world is only American and British accents
Americans never cease to amaze.

A shame, really.

We don't learn or speak one or the other. We draw inspiration from all the variants that we are exposed to.

It depends on the English teacher's accent
I know non-native speakers who either sound properly English or American depending on who taught them the language

Because he knows that california is big shit

>It depends on the English teacher's accent

It does not. Not unless you're a Nepalese farmer or something who gets no other exposure to the language. For the rest of the world, whatever you immerse yourself in culturally is what shapes your speech.,

LA was a shitty experience for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=vnr0kCmkMO0

does it just depends on what TV shows you watched as a child?

No, it's far more complex than that.

But he said nigger, what happened with that?

nothing, he didnt lose any subs or views
the jews had already outed him by that point, there was nothing else they could do to him that wasn't too obvious

Why do Finns always project their gay fantasies they have about Swedish men?

t. homo man from sweden with lisp and high pitched gay voice

Scandinavians generally adopt American accent rather than British accent. That's more of a continental European thing, I guess.

And he still sounds a little Swedish, even to me.

Accents aren't absolute like that.

Here's Anomaly, another Swedish Youtuber. Tell me Pewdiepie and Anomaly sound exactly the same:

youtube.com/watch?v=ah1uY-c8JqM

Because he learned a lot of English vocabulary from American TV. They don't tend to dub it over there like France does. Hence why French speak such shitty English.

I'd guess he was exposed to American media - TV, video games, radio, moves - at a younger age versus British ones.

>As a matter fact, he sounds like an actual American.
No he doesn't you deaf fuck

It really doesn't have anything to do with american tv because you can find at least as many british television shows on tv. I think it's because he has an american audience and the standard american accent is the most neutral and easy to duplicate of the english language.

that's how scandinavians speaking english sound

Honestly the videos he puts out now are entertaining as fuck

lot of scandnavians have american-esque accents. some do have british accnts when they speak english. Maybe in their schools they learn american english.

he, he has an accent for sure. not a very strong one though, but it's clearly recognizeable

his english, though, has more of american accent than british

No...no he doesn't. You'd think you'd know, being American.

this

okay, but in school, what is taught?

this is genuine kino tho, dude's sense of humour is basically british at this point

pewds listens to Deafheaven? gay.

I'm not OP, and I agree he sounds American. It just sounds like there's something slightly off, but maybe if I didn't know he was Swedish I wouldn't even notice.

The ones who have the absolute worst and most garbage accent when speaking English are...fucking AUSTRALIANS.
I have a friend from Australia and he sounds like a massive faggot when talking, it's as if they were trained in school to become olympic cock suckers or something because that's how they sound, retarded and as if they were choking on several cocks.

I can understand it coming from females, Aussie girls are massive sluts and they are retarded by default.
But the men, really? It's fucking shameful.

Aussie accent=the worst.

>he sounds like an actual American.
You have to go back, Juan.

Oh please, he has a perfect accent, what state are you from, Cletus?

>he has a perfect accent
Hahaha holy shit. You really do need to go back.

You are honestly going to tell me that this is not a near perfect American accent in this video? It is better than British actors

>It is better than British actors
And? Most Brits are awful at emulating American accents (although they're better than us at doing RP)

There are countless linguistic tics, cadence issues, and emphasis errors that Pewdiepie makes over the course of an average video. The only way you wouldn't notice these is if you were some FOB asian or illegal Mexican (or grew up amongst them).

I said earlier I noticed something was off but if I didn't know he was foreign I might not notice. American accents vary from state to state, you need to have a little tolerance for small variations.

This guy's accent is better than every single non American flag that is claiming his accent isn't American at all

it kinda reminds me of simplynailogical

give it time, he'll gradually start to pick up an english accent. same shit happened with madonna. unless he stays in his apt and never comes in contact with the locals

Wtf i love pewdiepie now

>how pewdiepie sounds totally fucking American?
Not really, but he tries really hard to. It's a fact that all swedes try really hard to put on an average american accent.