Slott's shitty OC has the powers of a ton of heroes right now, including Hyperion, Vision, and Miles Morales

>Slott's shitty OC has the powers of a ton of heroes right now, including Hyperion, Vision, and Miles Morales
>Gets taken out by a woman in a robot suit

I WANT TO GET OFF SLOTT'S WILD RIDE

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_van_Patrick_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He can only access them one at a time from what we were shown. Basically a bootleg Super-Adaptoid.

I don't hate Regent. But I hate Slott. So I guess I hate Regent by association.

Man, I don't know if I hate Slott or Bendis more.

what? last chapter he states how uses them simultaneously

Why would MJ be able to be a superhero anyways?

She's an actor without any superpowers or combat experience, and now she's supposed to use a suit designed for a quick and agile superhero with precognition and super strength.

This is bull shit, with Miles' powers alone he could beat them easily.

>I don't hate Regent.
How can you not hate him? There is, literally, nothing to like about him.

I see they finally gave that suit four arms, like the Iron Spider...

>hates superhero life now
>puts on a supersuit and throws herself into the fray
Gee, MJ. A bit hypocritical, don'tcha think?

So is this MJ or what?

It had 4 arms in Avengers Initiative, when the MPV clones were using it.

Its painfully clear Slott has not read a single issue of Invincible Iron Man. He writes MJ as a polar opposite of what is happening over in Bendis' book.

Although the concept of the Regent is not without precedent. In fact rich fucks who want to co-opt super powers and/or take out all supers goes back decades. Like Imus Champion. Or Adam Mann. Or, indeed, Norman Osborn.

And the Super-Adaptoid has existed for yonks, too.

Thing is, we had this exact story in 'Renew your vows'. Enough already.

The cover of the issue would suggest that it is.

Really? I should pay closer attention.

Why is Mary jane wearing a mask? Didn't she just saybhow secret identities are needlessly over complicated?

If you can armor your head, why wouldn't you? She's being prudent, not hypocritical.

The dumbest part of this entire thing is that the Spider-armor is just a suit, it doesn't give super powers at all.

It'd be one thing if she still had her powers from Spider-island but a normal person wearing it like MJ should be pretty much useless in this sort of fight.

Iron spider suit mimic spider powers.

Guys, are you missing out on the whole clone thing? It's obviously an MJ clone. The clue is even there, Slott himself wrote the story with the three clones wearing the Iron Spider armors back in Avengers Initiative.

To play devil advocate, we know that Regents suit has a serious flaw in that using it puts a huge strain on his body, so drawn out fights are his weakness. So far it seems he can only use one power at a time.

For what says while M.J. has no powers it could be argued she has plenty of combat experience thanks to all the shit that has happened to her over the years, plus we have no idea how that suit works, maybe Tony or Peter made it very user friendly.

But has Bendis read Amazing Spider-Man?

Is this the Bendis vs Slott War?

That's ridiculous, spiders don't have four arms.

Spiders don't have any arms.

Maybe he doens't realize Miles has a "Win Fight Button".

Whoever wins, we lose.

No, see, his eyebrows and moustache make the other four arms...

How angry do you suppose Bendis was about that?

The only spider-power it cnan mimic is wall crawling. It doensn't give any added agility or strenght at all.

That's why the guy who wore it in Avengers Academy and his clones where freaking super soliders because the suit wouldn't be very effective when worn by a normal person.

>Iron spider suit mimic spider powers.
The only thing it could potentially mimic is the super strength and sticking to walls.
She still only has human reaction times and no precognition.
Giving her an Ironman-like suit with more armor and weaponry would make far more sense.

>his clones where freaking super soliders

Which made zero goddamn sense.

>Giving her an Ironman-like suit with more armor and weaponry would make far more sense.

Pepper wouldn't stand for it.

Not that guy, but I like the design. Mammoth black guy that turns into Darkseid except he's all cool and technological instead of a boring rock face in a boring blue outfit.

Pepper basically doesn't exist in the Bendisverse

Don't look at me, I'm not the one who wrote that

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_van_Patrick_(Earth-616)

The guys wearing the Iron-Spider armor prior to this had Peek human strenght, agility, durability similar to Captain Ameria which is the only reason they could use the suit effectively at all and even they Spidey STILL kicked their ass 3 on 1

>expecting Slott stories to have any logic in them
top kek

> Due to a lifetime of a special revolutionary diet that was obtained in Brazil and a special exercise, Michael Van Patrick had strength, endurance, and agility comparable to Captain America.

>his body was genetically perfect
>genetically perfect
>genetically

Why are comic book writers so stupid when it comes to fairly basic science?

1- MJ is a hypocritical cunt.
2- Yeah. Sup Forums is right. Marvel is the worst publisher on Earth.

If Marvel is so bad why doesn't Sup Forums just pay more attention to other publishers instead of being up to date on everything Marvel's doing?

I dont even read Slotts Spidey book anymore. If this happened, and Clone-MJ finds out Pete's secret identity, how crazy would it be if Pete and Clone-MJ hooked up while Bendis keeps real MJ with Tony?

OMD erased most of that shit since she's not peters wife anymore

There's nothing especially different about him. The only problem is the jobbing that all the other heroes have done in these last few issues but he's been hated on since his first appearance in Renew Your Vows.

But the jobbing is really bad. You'd think Slott would've learned from Spiderverse about having a villain that can beat everyone.

Why is Darkseid jobbing to rule63 peter parker?

If you didnt need another reason to drop Marvel books already, here it is folks.

>it could be argued she has plenty of combat experience thanks to all the shit that has happened to her over the years
And it would be a shitty argument.

>it could be argued she has plenty of combat experience thanks to all the shit that has happened to her over the years

Kidnapping victims apparently gain knowledge of martial arts, and acrobatics.

Why did they replace Pepper with MJ?

Slott is at least tolerable

Marvel fans like the taste of shit. They crave it. They love to complain but deep down they love the smell of the Jetstream of Shit that is Marvel.

Why are Marvelguys beating on Darkseid?

Nobody cared about her until she put on the mask.

He used a combination of Kamala and Miles to take out Nova

So Slott and his character designer literally ripped off Paragon, costume, powers, and all.

Plenty of people cared about her and loved her. Until Spock reared his stupid head and shat all over Peter's supporting cast. Letting MJ get BLACKED, punching the good right out of Felicia, making Peter a literal poor man's Iron Man, and allowing the Goblin to take over New York. Then when shit got too real, he just bailed.

Both Slott and Bendis play favorites.
But only Bendis shits on characters he doesn't like and then banishes them from canon for years.
Inb4 butthurt Peterfags
We all knew he would comeback. If you couldn't enjoy Doc Ock Wild Ride in the meantime there's something wrong with you.

Not online he isn't.

Why do people use the term OC for stuff like this? I always thought it was reserved for fan fiction. This canon now.

I think it's for how the character is. Like it's a character you would find in fanfiction. It doesnt really make sense to me because almost all characters we know sound like they come from fanfiction, though I guess them being official and like 75 years old, no one cares

How long until a character stops being called an OC? Silk has been around for like 2 years and I haven't seen anyone call her an OC recently, but thats probably because of her complete irrelevance.

Different user, but there's not really enough there to hate either.
I find myself incapable of mustering anything but pure apathy for Regent.

I don't know, it was maybe about three weeks ago when I saw one user call her Slott's OC, though I guess no one else really does either because they forgot she existed or they enjoy her book

>How long until a character stops being called an OC?
I think a good bar is once other writers are using the character. Silk was Slott's OC, but then she got an ongoing that he had nothing to do with.

As others have pointed out, fan fiction-tier writing. Silk was way overpowered and Peter wanted her and she was super important. But then someone else started writing her and whaddaya know, she's much better now.

OC means Original Character, which there is nothing wrong with at all. The problem is, "This OC is a likeable and humble character" is not nearly as common as "This OC can beat up everyone and also ia super tough and charismatic".

>powerful characters are taken out by the less powerful

stop the fucking presses

It's probably been the Bendis vs Slott wars since Superior stopped Bendis from doing Spider-Men 2. Bendis probably just took MJ to spite Slott

this

To make people mad.

epigenetics

Because this is a bold new era where having boobs means you can trump everything better than any man because #strongindependentwomandontneednoman

I miss Rescue, didn't Pepper make a new armor to fight Superior Tony?

I'll never get the hate for Slott on this board you guys are such a fickle bunch.. This shit didnt start until Superior Spider-Man. I remember back in like 2008-9 when Slott was part of the Spider-Man writing collective his storied were praised. New Ways to Die His Mr Negative stories his Anti Venom stories the Paper Doll issues. Even some of his Big Time stuff in 2010 was loved like his amazing Vulture story. Also I remember his Mighty Avenger She Hulk and Imitative stuff being treated like gold here...

Idk where I'm going with this to be honest.. I guess I'm just pissed with how fickle and wavering this "fan base can be. I agree that Regent is a shitty character and that Clones/Rebirth is over done but come on it's like if its cool to hate that's the was everyone is going to go.

I know I already posted this elsewhere.. don't care

What, people aren't allowed to change their opinions when a writer starts writing utter crap?

ok

Well things had been good or at least decent until Superior at which point Slott treated us to the MU on stupid pills for almost a year and a half. On top of that he was so arrogant about the product acting as if it was so deep and great when it was pretty mediocre and dragged on too long. The product (and some characters) hasn't really recovered since which leads a lot of Sup Forums to feel that it's about time Slott moved on so we can get a new writer with fresh ideas for Souder-Man.

She can't control the extra arms without the mask. Plus it has air filtration, optical enhancements, and armoring up to National Institute of Justice Threat Level III standards.

>(High-powered rifle). This armor, normally of hard or semirigid construction, protects against 7.62mm full-metal jacketed bullets (US military designation M80) with nominal masses of 9.7 g (150 gr.) impacting at a velocity of 838 m/s (2,750 ft/s) or less. It also provides protection against threats such as 223 Remington (5.56mm FMJ), 30 Carbine FMJ, and 12-gauge rifled slug, as well as Level I through IIIA threats. Level III body armor is clearly intended only for tactical situations when the threat warrants such protection, such as barricade confrontations involving sporting rifles.

It does give a few. See Enhanced vision modes, the legs, gliding abilities, space for webbing, really durable armoring, full-spectrum radio reception, armor, etc.

Now, there's no strength or speed enhancements, but anyone wearing that does get some superhuman capabilities.

>hating on Big D
End yourself.

yet another example of slott being incapable of executing an idea properly.

>Fickle
>when the man goes from decent to utter shit
This wasn't like a switched flipped. He wrote shit people call him shit.

Bullshit, it's the Iron Spider suit, it was made by Tony Stark, it would be retarded if it didn't have enhancements

Slott and Bendis need to kts, tbqh famm lol xD

most people that browse Sup Forums are dumb as shit, what did you expect

I suppose that if you completely ignore that she's been trained in combat by Captain America and has beaten at least two supervillains solo then you might have a bit of a point.

No. You're pretty much wrong on that point.

>> dislikes: good writing
fuck you, you made me laugh

He looks like an image character who walked into the wrong comic.

>Civil War III is already happening and it takes place in real life between Bendis and Slott

Choose a side

Is she the worst big 2 characters created in the past few years?