Just watched it. What did you think?

Just watched it. What did you think?

capeshit

gooks was shot/10

gibsonkino

Battles seemed too unrealistic and hectic to me. Other than that, it was good.

5/10

>war
>"idk guys this seems too hectic to me"

coddled lad

The fighting in the movie took place in a very small area so of course it would be hectic. War hasn't been nice and clean since like the Civil War or earlier. And even in the Civil War I'm pretty sure you had some guerrilla fighting at points.

they cut out a fair amount of the stuff that happened because people wouldnt believe it

after the initial shit, its a really good movie

I hated this movie because of all of the loud gunfire noises and explosions. The story was okay I guess.

I fully understand that war isn't pleasant, but the movie still seemed to really embellish on how much hectic the battle was. Even the D-Day seen from SPR, which is generally received as being one of the most realistic depictions of WWII for movies, wasn't that hectic. I know the Japan front was more brutal than the western front, but something still seemed off to me about the battles.

Formulaic and predictable first half, nothing new on Full Metal Jacket besides the pacifist gimmick. I quit after bit in second half with the ridiculous battlefield setting and dumb battle scenes.

I love based Mel and wanted to love this film. It made me cringe, it was so over the top and melodramatic I instantly rejected the plot when the 15 minute mark hit. Honestly though it isn't truly bad, there are some good parts, and the war second half is well done, but also suffers from the same ailments of the first half.

I think he can do better to be honest. The whole thing was like a weird spielberg film and it just didn't work for me.

>I instantly rejected the plot when the 15 minute mark hit
You realize it was a true story, right?

You're not alone man. How a guy can go from making a masterpiece like Passion to dreck like Hacksaw Ridge is beyond me.

Then again, Mel has always been mercurial. He has fluctuated between pure dogshit like Man without a Face and cinematic glory like Braveheart, back to irredeemable garbage like Apocalypto. You never know with Mel. It's always a roll of the dice.

I know it is, but the tone of the story was so over the top I couldn't take it seriously. It was like full metal jacket meets Forest Gump. It was all over the place. Some of the dialogue is straight up bizzare.

I don't intend to insult you but Christian America back in those days was way more bizarre than anything in this movie.

No it wasn't, people are always the same just with a different frame of reference. If you mean people spoke like they are in a literal film with a soundtrack from a romcom behind them then you would be correct. The acting, dialogue and tone are so bizzare it's like an alien made this film and tried to decipher human emotions and feelings.

>d day seen
SRT
You must have a pass because you're too stupid to do a captcha

>irredeemable garbage like Apocalypto

>masterpiece like Passion
LMAO you're kidding right?

>Used seen instead of scene
>Said SPR instead of Saving Private Ryan
That's some petty shit to complain about.

the only part is where he said that he cant hear god and then someone shouted medic
that was kino as fuuck

When he's walking by all the soldiers after the battle and they're looking at him as if he's some kind of God. Definition of kino.

b8

Complete trash. Only idiots like it. This might seem condescending but it's the truth. If you like hacksaw ridge you are the prime example of a film embryo. Easily the worst of all the oscar movies even the toilet dodger movie and yes, even the nigger movies.

I was saying SRT as in I stopped right there. You have nothing of value to add, since you are obviously a bit simple. Stop posting.

wew

I NEED O N E MO

Vince Vaughn a shit
Le jokes made it capeshit tier
Bloody for the sake of blood

>Sup Forums trashes garfields shitty attempt at redneck accent
>the real Desmond Doss sounds exactly like this
Sup Forums BTFO it's GOAT you're all faggots lmfao

Apocalypto's sets and props were faker than Waterworld's. Popeye-tier. It ruined the movie and prevents it from ever being considered a masterpiece.

>I was saying SRT as in I stopped right there.

Nice damage control retard. Back to your upboat site you go.

What you're trying to say but struggling to articulate is that the editing of the movie was shit.

And it was, it was shit. Smash cutting from angle-to-angle of the same scene while it's occurring is gay. Pick just one camera angle and give the scene some room to breathe.

Excellent post, well-said.

braveheart with guns

Didn't it win an Oscar for best editing

I really liked the premise and most performances were alright but the shit was very, very disappointing in the end. It lacked soul, maaan.