In your own words, what seperates DC from Marvel? Now...

In your own words, what seperates DC from Marvel? Now, I'm not talking about anything "surface level" like who has the better characters, but more like "the feeling" you get when you see the two logos side by side

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Heroes trying to human and save the world.

Humans trying to be heroes and save the world.

That's what I see.

Marvel is full of kikes and DC isn't

The feeling I get is that I associate the logo on the left now with teen girls, thick rimmed glasses, and soccer mom tier humor, while I associate the logo on the left with confusion, darkness, and squandered potential

DC labels themselves as DC Comics.

Which means that they refer to themselves as Detective Comics Comics.

That's all you need to know about it's quality.

DC feels like a smaller company to me. Less corporate, more loose with creative stuff.

DC to me evokes a sense of grand epic storytelling and the embodiment of "gods amongst men".

While Spider-Man and X-Men may be my favourite characters, I find I prefer DC's storytelling (both historically and contemporary) over Marvel's.

Marvel has always played a sketchy game when it comes to getting sales, often at the cost of story quality. This isn't to say they haven't put out phenomenal stuff, but going back to the Stan days, they've always chased that buck, hard.

DC doesn't seem to fuck with that stuff as much. They're still a company and still have had editorial issues, but don't seem to run as potentially damaging (to the industry as a whole) business practices. They've pushed for more sustainable storytelling, which can be seen in how successful their trade paperbacks are.

Marvel is Red

DC is Blue

In Marvel, the characters are the secret identity wearing a costume. More street level, more human. Even cosmic beings like the Silver Surfer are people before powers.

DC has heroes who are a combination of secret identity and costume. Superman is Clark Kent, and Kal-el, and Superman. Batman isn't just Brice Wayne, Batman is a large part of who he really is. As such, the scale feels larger as the humanity vanishes beneath the persona.

To put it bluntly, DC is Greek myths. Marvel is Roman myths.

Warner Bros. is a kike company. Disney isn't

Which is weird considering that when Jim Shooter was working for DC writing Legion back up stories, it was mandatory for everyone to wear a shirt and tie. Kind of weird to see a complete role reversal after so many years

>DC is Greek myths
Why?

What?
DC has better writers than Marvel. Why do you think it has so many classics?

>what seperates DC from Marvel?
Antitrust laws.

DC is about Gods somehow trying to fit in the world of Men, trying not to crush it along the way.

Marvel is about Gods being Human and having to face oppression and everyday bullshit just like everyone else.

My main beef with Marvel is that it can be too easily divided into separate universes. While DC has Batman sticking out among the supers, Marvel has many "brands" of supers being treated differently, to the point that not all mutants are Mutants, and because of that everyone is judged differently. X-Men, who are my favourites would probably be better off as their own franchise, maybe with a niche of other mutates like Deadpool and Spidey along with them. Otherwise, the "Mutants are oppresed but other supers recruited for Avengers are not" is an incredibly unrealistic theme that should have been dropped long ago. It makes no sense for Cap to even GET the notice that, huh, maybe the Avengers have gotta do something to help the mutantkind, all the way AFTER AvX.

With the muties being less relevant, and supposedly "written off", not much interests me in Marvel.

>DC
>Gods trying to be human
>People love and rely on their heroes
>More traditional comics in writing and art

>Marvel
>Flawed people trying to be heroes
>People are suspecting or don't like the heroes
>Flashy writing and stylistic art

I'm not saying one is better than the other or that these are the same for all characters and comics but these are the overall ideas for the companies.

>Disney isn't

>Disney shills actually believe this.

Those comparisons couldn't be less true. Both have so many that contradict it.

Not trying to go all console war here, but what I genuinely feel when I read them is that Marvel is trying to make more money with their books and it comes across and gimmicky and annoying. When I read DC I get the feeling that they're trying new ideas and most writers genuinely care for the characters. Again, what I said is completely subjective and you might feel differently.

DC is iOS and Marvel is andriod.

Quickest way I would explain it to a casual without wasting my time going into intricacies they don't care for or understand.

as a fan of both

DC is basically 'gods playing as humans', and almost everyone is magical and legendary, with the power of destroying the whole world.
Marvel is basically 'humans playing as gods', where their powers are explained in a more 'human' level (almost every power is explained with 'a weird experiment', 'a rare gene' or 'shit, science!!1!').

Funny that DC can create more human heroes than Marvel.

All you need to know about Marvel is that Sup Forums shitposting is on the same level of their main writer

DC is God's trying to be men
Marvel is minorities trying to be Gods, which leads to the next event where nothing will be the same again.

>Warner Bros. is a kike company. Disney isn't

That's why Disney has a gay day pushing the zionist plan for destroying Christian Morals, kek

You're clueless

Which is which

Nope definitely the other way around. Marvel is praised for shit that DC has done before and better all the time and is way more popular with casuals and normies

>Listing a bunch of possibilities from every spectrum
>Getting less than half right
>We called it

I mean

I think of Marvel as having a particular, coherent style and voice. It's Stan Lee's editorial voice as imitated and changed by many people, but there's still kind of a Marvel "attitude" that I associate with the company.

DC is older and its shared universe is more of a patchwork, so I don't think of it as having a particular specific style.

Neither one of these is better, there are advantages and disadvantages to a house style. But that's the difference to me, that there's a Marvel approach and not so much of a specfically DC approach.

'Our target market is millenials'
vs
'Our target market is 45 year olds'

I meant more about how the actual phones work not people's reactions to them. Your android insecurity is showing.

I've said this before in other threads, but here goes

>The further out in scope you go in the DC universe, the more personal and intimate the themes regarding humanity and heroic narratives become
>The universe itself encourages heroism and actively wants the heroes to win the day

>Marvel
>the further out in scope you go, the more cold and impersonal the themes become
>humanity and Earth aren't very significant in the grand scope of things
>heroes often save the day in spite of the universe conspiring against them

This is even more prominent nowadays in Marvel where we have so many hero vs. hero events, and often the day is saved at great cost or with moral ambiguity in the process.

It's just issue 2. When the event will be over I'll be surprised if we don't get them all.

Marvel is more or less intent on giving a sense of realtiy to their heroes, as if they could or do exist, with various scientific explanations for their powers. They're very "everyman" average joe types who work jobs, have friends and family and do taxes.

On the flipside, DC has always felt more mythological, tales of great larger than life titans battling it out for the fate of the world ala Norse or Greek/Roman mythology.

DC has plenty of down-to-earth everyman heroes too, you're just thinking of the Justice League.

Of course, and Marvel has plenty of god-like beings, but the point is that Marvel is more prominently very grounded, while DC is more prominently very mythological.

Even Batman, a character with no powers, seems like a mythological hero like Hercules.

Disney has officially replaced Marvel. I used to love both publishers, but Marvel pushed me away with One More Day, and cut the cord after replacing Ultimate Peter with Miles.

Marvel is nothing more than a husk of its former self. All its IPs are simply farms for future films. Their comics aim for cheap controversy to keep sales high. Their movies are family friendly garbage. I would say their Netflix shows are the only decent aspect about them, but Jessica Jones was utter vomit on every level.

They made me hate Spider-Man comics. Something I never thought would be possible.

Next time you consider using Adam Sandler movies for your pasta, consider drinking bleach instead.

This may be why Marvel doesn't have a Watchmen, everything has to fit into the broadly defined Marvel style.

This. Especially now with DC Rebirth and Hail Hydra Cap. Passion vs. Gimmick.

Squadron Supreme.

Or if you're looking for generic "Extremely well regarded self-contained story", Born Again.

Had it mixed up, sorry. Greek is Marvel, Roman is DC.

Greek heroes were far more flawed than their Roman counterparts. They were more like men who discovered they were extraordinary than men who always were, or who became extraordinary.

It might just be because I've got into comics in recent years, but DC seems classic to me, whilst Marvel seems modern. Although that might be down to me reading recent Marvel comics, while avoiding New 52, so my view on DC is mainly just pre-Flashpoint. Still though, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman seem way more classic than Iron Man, Ms Marvel and Miles Spider-Man.

I have a burner flip phone mate

Tonally: DC tends to be more opimistic as a whole, even in the darkest stories, with Marvel it's more cynical where even when things work out there's a sense that something worse is on the way.

Thematically: DC is about the calling, finding what your place in life is/what you were meant to do with your inherent ability. Marvel is about sacrifice, what you're willing to give up to get things done.

Dude like 25% of them got filled on the leaked issue alone. the series is less than 33% complete

There's no more reason to avoid the New 52 than there is to avoid any publication era. It had good stuff and bad stuff all the same.

Just grab the things that are good and don't worry about it.

>Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman seem way more classic than Iron Man, Ms Marvel and Miles Spider-Man.
That's because Miles and Kamala are literally less than 5 years old as characters you fucking retard

I feel at "home" whenever I see the DC logo

Most of my childhood has been spent with DC

>comics
>passion
lmao
This dead medium is nothing but a beta testing platform for things to do in movies.

Talking about DC Rebirth and Civil War 2, I think it'll be plain to see the difference between them.

DC Rebirth is all about bringing things back to the good old days, putting new spins on the established New 52-verse, and all in all just writing a new story. It's not like DC hasn't tread the whole "crisis" storyline before, but Rebirth does feel like its own entity, distinct from its predecessors.

Civil War 2, though, feels to me like Marvel looked at how great Civil War 1 was and said "Hey, let's do it again!", and I think this shows a fundamental problem in how they're approaching things. They take an established idea, one that we've seen already, and try to capture that success again.

I think that's where I see a problem with current day Marvel, as opposed to DC. They're setting out with the benchmark of their previous success and trying to measure up to it, rather than make something new and interesting and let the success come to them.

Yeah I worded that a bit weird. I meant how DC's main heroes are, and presumably always will be, Batman Superman and Wonder Woman, where as Marvel's main heroes at the moment are the ones which seem to reflect their target audiences, rather than their legacy heroes.

>A medium is 2 publishers

>implying anyone aside from DC and Marvel is relevant in comics nowadays

>Jessica Jones was utter vomit on every level
What makes you feel that way?

I haven't seen it yet, but I find it hard to believe it's complete vomit. I've heard good things about Killgrave.

I think it's great, as good as the first season of Daredevil imo. All the reaction I've seen against it (on here anyway) boils down to "muh strong womyn".

There's literally no difference. It's all down to what writer is writing at a particular time. Either it's a good writer or it isn't. The companies themselves are just conglomerates that bought properties and are now leveraging them

With Rebirth, actually really more like with DC You before it, it was like they said

>hey we've got a bunch of writers and creators that have story ideas that don't fit easily into our current universe's direction or continuity
>well fuck it, let them write it anyways, we'll figure out how they fit together later

X-Men is the best from either of them, but Marvel is starting to lag in terms of engaging story lines compared to DC.

So no thoughts on DC I see.
>Left

Marvel is full of angsty self-inserts that spend half their time fighting each other and the other half whining about being heroes.

DC is full of actual heroes that're friends despite their differences and love doing what they do.

kek

Marvel characters tend to be less simple in what they are, by that I mean they are more polymorphous, less "he runs fast", "he pew pew", etc, with more contradictory elements thrown in.

> DC female characters are leading ladies.

> Marvel female characters are supporting characters; love interests, team butt-monkeys or scapegoats.