How do we make him interesting?

How do we make him interesting?

put him in a Marvel comic?

Amputate like three fifths of his body and replace it with robot parts.

You can't really not make him interesting

Make him and wonder women romantically involved in the justice league movie.

Keep him a human and have the cyborg aspect of him a moniker.

This

Make him white.

>black character
>make him three fifths of a person

But the show you got your pic from already made him interesting.

A 3/5 compromise, if you will.

Remember how he was for most of Justice League Doom?

He was just kinda a guy with a niche. He was the dude who showed up to tell you what was wrong with your transdismensional demorgifier.

Just do that. Make him the guy STAR labs sends out to fix weird shit.

How about you read his ongoing, OP?

Make him white because changing an established character's race is okay

The cartoon is the only time he has ever been interesting.

Make him a cyborg.

Throw him into space.

That usually works.

And cybernetic enhancements would be so commonplace you would need to focus on other aspects of his character.

>generic black strong guy
I don't know. Make him a cyborg or something.

make him white

They should fix his design first, it's so fucking bland.

Stop this. It made me laugh and i am now going to hell

But you're already here.

>I can't relate to him unless he looks exactly like me!
I'm teasing you, but some people think this.

Go Swamp Thing on him.

He's not Victor Stone. He's a computer program in a robot body that believes it is Victor Stone.

Start out with him thinking that he's just a regular human kept alive by extraordinary means. Some people require insulin to function normally, some require alien machinery. No big deal.
Then have a battle or something and have his human part of his head blown off. He thinks everything is fine until someone points out that the only part of his brain left is the cyborg part.
None of his identity is left in his meat parts.

How the fuck do you deal with that? He still feels human, but it's obvious that he's not.
Have him go through a bit of an existential crisis. Withdraw from his friends, sink into just being the Justice League's computer. He tries to stop think he's Victor Stone at all as a way to cope with believing that Victor died when Cyborg was created.

Then, put him in a spot where he needs to be choose something logical or choose something that Victor would do. Saving a friend from something that should be impossible. Something that requires a Hail Mary.
He does it and saves the friend. Victor/Cyborg realizes that he may not know what he is, but he is Victor Stone.

Now you can have all kinds of fun with his character. He's accepted his transformation. He's not just a human kept alive in by machines. He's more.

The whole race relations thing is boring and old hat. He's much better as a transhumanist character.

>Before becoming Cyborg, he's self-centered, and arrogant
>After becoming Cyborg, he's pissed off at not being able to lead the life that he wanted for himself, like his dream of attaining personal glory by being a football star
>He selfishly takes his anger out on his dad, even though neither the accident that messed him up nor his mom's death were really his dad's fault
>As he learns to master his new abilities, he realizes that his disfigurement is actually a gift, since helping others is more important than his own petty selfish desires
>He apologizes to his dad and they reconcile
>As he gets older, he worries about the Theseus' Ship paradox, and worries about losing his humanity as more and more of his human parts are replaced by mechanical ones, >He comes to fully understand that even if he becomes 100% machine, it's his empathy and selflessness that actually make him human, not his flesh and blood

this
the transhuman aspect of Cyborg should be explored and be incorporated in a relevant way into the mythos of the character
but, knowing DC, it would probably be the source of lot of badly written angst if poorly executed

He was. TT Cyborg was great.

this so damn much

have him hit the showers

...So, pretty much the same shit as Robotman in Morrison's Doom Patrol?

Aight.

We throw a rock at him!

make him a cyborg, but made out of rocks instead of machine parts

This would make me actually read Cyborg.

These are pretty cool. Besides, when you have a Cyborg that can take his head off, he's basically a robot anyway. The only time he felt like an actual Cyborg was in the DCYou run, in my opinion. Everywhere else he either looks like a guy in a robot suit or just a robot, rarely an actual cyborg in my eyes

Add more BOOYAH?

>Sup Forums makes a black superhero

Marvel=/=Interesting

Make him hit the showers

this. either do this, or actually play up the fact he's still part human. thats what i hate about his modern design. Most of his old designs still had flesh exposed. even his teen titans design looked like he had short sleeves n shit.

but as he is now he might as well just be a robot. He's less Six Billion Dollar Man, and more Robocop. And if they are going to go the Robocop "99% robot" aspect, the go all the way in and embrace that, with transhumanism.

or, do what Robocop did, which was, you know, have him actually struggle with his identity. I mean outside of a few early Nu52 issues, he doesnt seem to care that he's a robot man. Thats something that can make for some compelling character drama and development but they ignore it.

If DC had tasked me to write Cyborg and told me that I had to make the story political, I wouldn't make the story be about race. I would probably write it about something like government surveillance.

Fill his blood with nanites that let him change any body part into a machine of his choosing.

user is lost!

That's more or less Victor's actual fucking arc.
Read the comics before complaining they aren't interesting holy shit.

Might want to check your math there. 1 - 3/5 = 2/5

think it over

Cena is basically a machine at this point

A machine powered by the salty tears of manchildren

You're here forever.

What said . I liked this arc better when it was happening to Cliff Steele.

Then make him a senator from Texas

Have Bendis write him and say he's Luke Cage

Except manchildren love Cena now.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

What? I was talking about his appearance

What if, instead of being a black guy, Cyborg were a football team? Like, an entire team of high school football players who got into a bus accident and needed cybernetic enhancements to live. Then their collective consciousness merged into a hivemind. Cyborg's new gimmick is doing complex formations in the heat of battle while yelling stock football phrases like "Go long!"

Despite having the personality of a frat party, Cyborg is actually quite lonely high-fiving himself all the time. Because of the nature of his collective robotic mind, he often has trouble sorting out which memories came from who, causing him to string together events that happened to different members of Cyborg as if they had happened to one person. Because one member of Cyborg had previous fucked anothers' sister, for example, he's plagued by conflicting memories of brotherly affection and memories of fucking her.

Make him FLYBORG

I mean is literally his character arc. In fact everything except the last two bullets happen within just the first seven issues of New Teen Titans.

>when going edgy or personal issues draw from cyborg shit not just "how human am I" but more Alphonse Elric with human shit he can't do anymore and misses
>outside of that add much more goofy shit, BOOYAH and trekisms

Boo yah

Have him black Jinx

Better yet, remove all those bits about football and replace it with him being a battalion of soldiers in a war.

No, he's right. If you amputate 3/5 of someone, that means you are getting rid of 3/5 of them, and are therefore left with 2/5. The guy had to use the squinting Fry meme to point out his joke but he messed up.

>Thing ring! Do your thing!

I'm going to explain this to you. The joke is that black people aren't people. And by replacing the black part with robot parts, you make them more human, not less. By replacing the black part (not human) with 3/5ths robot, you get 3/5ths human, as a robot is more human than a black person. That is the joke.

>TFW It's 'LET'S GET SERIOUS' Cyborg
Fuck that no I want silly human cyborg that is just trying to be himself. A black weeb geek nerd that got into accident and now he robot but he still a nerdy geek. Just hope someone can actually write nerd geek with any ability.

Cyborg was a jock.

>TFW OH I THINK I ACTUALLY REMEMBER THAT FROM MY CHILDHOOD.
I always thought I imagined that thanks user.

Make him white

shut up anime garfield

Kill him off, and replace him with a white legacy character.