Can we all agree this has the best ending in kino?

fuck off cancer

this movies loses 99% of its appeal when you find out that its pretty much just a puff peace for Jodorowsky's weird cult.
Kinda kills any of the fun in trying to interpret it.
Really overrated desu

>Holy Mountain
It's fucking shit, mate. Get your head out of your pretentious arse.

>"Can we all agree..."
See
(duplicate file posted)
It's up there for most interesting abrupt endings tho

It's not pretending when i actually liked the movie.
you sure you've actually sat through it?
you're giving free publicity to r3ddit. Any form of publicity is good.
good job at trying to fend off reddit0rs.

>It's not pretending when i actually liked the movie.
>pretentious is a word form of pretending
how old are you?

don't start with the ad hominem, keep within reason.
What i mean is: i don't intend to express vanity or importance by posting this. I've just loved this movie's ending, that's all.

What is this? The visuals look great

The Holy Mountain (1973) by Alexandro Jodorowsky

Thanks pal

>The visuals look great
I hope you like them because they're all you get from watching it

It's Alejandro Jodorowsky, an old hippie surrealist filmmaker from the 70s.

This is the ending to Holy Mountain.

(He best film is the cult classic El Topo).

I don't know why Sup Forums mentions him so much but he's fun. Normally they hate psychedelic movies and directors. I think it's because he tried and failed to make an adaptation of Dune and there's a popular netflix trash docu out there about him.

You come off as someone who's never watched a film in their life.

this movie is only worth watching while on psychedelics

I am a fan of Jodorowsky movies but only for their imagery.
Have you listened to the movies commentary? You see those pictures in the background? Those are taro cards that Jodo designed himself to "improve" the traditional taro cards. In the commentary he admits how this was a foolish mistake of his youth aka was being a pretentious little shit. Same for the killing of animals. If you listen to all his movies commentaries it will be clear he doesn't remember what half the shit he throws on screen was supposed to mean.

no shit sherlock. should I also smoke a blunt before watching Friday?

sure

I think the implication is that you are in fact so pretentious that you believe you enjoy pretentious things when I fact your just enjoying your own sense of smug self satisfaction without realising it.

We'll see. I might like the rest of it.
Good to know. I'll check that one out, too.
Why?

You're in too deep

>Have you listened to the movies commentary?
No i haven't.

>Those are taro cards that Jodo designed himself to "improve" the traditional taro cards.
So? They look wonderful. It's a re imagining of a current concept. A different perspective.

> In the commentary he admits how this was a foolish mistake of his youth aka was being a pretentious little shit.
Making a "mistake" now equals to being vain?

> If you listen to all his movies commentaries it will be clear he doesn't remember what half the shit he throws on screen was supposed to mean.
That's why it's great. It plays with your mind.
You're just projecting way off the charts at this point. You don't even know which movies have i enjoyed.

Also, care to use pronouns and synonyms? the repetition of the word "pretentious" is painful to read. Unless you're trying to achieve the Dostoyevsky goal of pissing off the readers with constant "Mr Golyadkin" in The Double.

My ancestors in México, in the 70s, wanted to lynch this cretin's ass. Sometimes I feel I want to lynch him as well. And his fucking son.
Also, we Mexicans lynched him at Twitter a year ago, when he made a sexist comment about RAPE (pic related).

Such is the relationship Jodorowsky-Mexico.

>So?
Like I mentioned, Jodo himself admits it was a mistake because he in his youth was full of himself. Another thing he does is throw disabled people in his movies, a lot of times he didn't actually have a disable person in mind for the role but he just saw someone weird looking in the street and he would have them be in his movies. To go from the pretentious to the autist spectrum, someone like kubrick thoroughly thought about what type of person should play a role in his movies.

Given his personality Jodo himself would probably call this movie pretentious, you are being more defensive than he is

I am actually surprised by how much hippie liberals love him

>When I wanted to do the rape scene, I explained to [Mara Lorenzio] that I was going to hit her and rape her. There was no emotional relationship between us, because I had put a clause in all the women's contracts stating that they would not make love with the director. We had never talked to each other. I knew nothing about her. We went to the desert with two other people: the photographer and a technician. No one else. I said, 'I'm not going to rehearse. There will be only one take because it will be impossible to repeat. Roll the cameras only when I signal you to.' Then I told her, 'Pain does not hurt. Hit me.' And she hit me. I said, 'Harder.' And she started to hit me very hard, hard enough to break a rib... I ached for a week. After she had hit me long enough and hard enough to tire her, I said, 'Now it's my turn. Roll the cameras.' And I really... I really... I really raped her. And she screamed."[1]

>"Then she told me that she had been raped before. You see, for me the character is frigid until El Topo rapes her. And she has an orgasm. That's why I show a stone phallus in that scene . . . which spouts water. She has an orgasm. She accepts the male sex. And that's what happened to Mara in reality. She really had that problem. Fantastic scene. A very, very strong scene."[1]

Why do you niggers have to "get" something from everything you watch? Why is every work of art some puzzle for you to solve, or some teleological fucking riddle you need to interpret? Are you this dead inside? I don't like the movie either, but everyone in this thread thinks too much. What of art that invites you to indulge in the senses? Do you refuse? Do you discount poems about food and vistas, certain kinds of jazz, and maximalist paintings? Sometimes you just need sit there and enjoy the flavor of a color or a sound. It's fulfilling.

take a chill pill, man

if you haven't seen anything Rosicrucian you might like it, its obvious pleb shit otherwise. Terry Gilliam is better for you.

Just tired of everything having to be a game of Jeopardy for reddit.

All the symbols in this movie are babby's first occultism/eastern thought, despite that the 'dude weed lmao' crowd freaks out over it like it's some fantastically deep movie.

Sup Forums can appreciate Tarkovsky for what you are describing, Jodorowsky on the other hand filmed weird things for the sake of being weird or some over the head beating symbolism. It doesn't help that most of its following comes down to LOL WATCH WHILE HIGH.