Is he right, Sup Forums ?

Is he right, Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign,_2000
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/29/the-myth-and-the-reality-of-donald-trumps-business-empire/
foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/11/09/trumps-mar-lago-gets-approval-to-hire-70-foreign-workers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Big if true.

Basically everyone in my country laughs at him.

>Capital letters on VERY
people who are forcing their arguments aren't usually right tho

The whole world is laughing

same here

going by net worth he isn't super successful compared to others
gabe newell is worth more than he is

us europeans are so annoyingly smug when in reality they we naive as fuck

>mfw normies retards think you can become a billionaire (even with an inheritance) then the US president while being "dumb" and "crazy", like he was just lucky or something

Normies being memed so hard

The BBC news person quoting him on the radio was trying so hard not to laugh, fucking hilarious.

also he ran for president in 2000
so saying it was the first try is a lie as well

>poorer than pic related
>20 yrs later than pic related
>won't last as pic related

>(on my first try)
Hmmmmm

>>won't last as pic related
That is because the US, unlike that corrupt shithole Italy is, actually has a working political system

he's 71

same.

No, he's a cunt. Inheriting money, not blowing them on drugs and booze or being a popular clown is not a definition of genius.

>a working political system
>by electing a president who lost to 2m votes

>one of the 563 billionaires in the USA (563 out of 323,100,000 people)
>literally in the top 0.001%
>not super successful

He's not a genius but yeah he's very intelligent

he inherited most of his fortune tho

>muh popular vote
Fuck off retard

>calling his political system democracy
>some votes have more weight than others
kek

I'd like to interject for a moment. What you call a democracy is in fact a representative republic
etc etc yada yada

bottom line is the system is really only ever attacked by the party who lost, they're fine with it before that.

>inherited a fortune/business
>well connected family
>multiple bankruptcies
Uh-huh. He's just a ruthless elite who got wealthy through chance during real-estate crisis.

>inherited $40 million in 1974
>net worth is like $4,000 million in 2018 (the inherited part represents 1% of his actual net worth)
>"he inherited most of it lmao!!!!"

?

Trumptards are seething in this thread already

>40 million

And how many heirs failed to deliver even with this edge, while he multiplied his fortune a hundredfold before getting elected president with the entire system (and even his own party) against him?

PS: fuck the captchas

>an estimated $40 million inheritance in 1974

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/29/the-myth-and-the-reality-of-donald-trumps-business-empire/

he was running against clinton though

People do realize that most tweets are not written by Trump. Correct?

ITT butthurt Eurofags.
We're no longer kissing your collective asses.
Nice to see you united enough for a global ad hominen attack, though.
Cheers, y'all

>reddi/pol/s in charge of economics
Tip top kek

He sure would have lost against Obama.

On the other hand... he carefully avoided running for president against Obama, he chose the right moment.

Same here

It's shared between him and Dan Scavino, the most outrageous tweets are probably his, though

Nice argument.

Same here. Fucking Russians chose a hilariously dumb puppet.

I'm not.
I'm merely discharging air briefly through my nasal passage while reading his tweets.

hes very bigly

The only thing he was good at was being a reality TV star. He's definitely got a talent for entertaining, but he was a failed estate mogul and his business career is like something a 7 year old perceives 'business' to be.

'I'll try delivering steaks oh that didn't work oh well I'll try an airline next, maybe some playing cards too'
???

holy shit Sup Forums is becoming the literal reddit board

Sorry.
There was no other options.

t.russian hacker

you mean YUUGE?

>t. /r/the_donald

you literally imply that 40m in the 70's worth the same in 2018 tho, lmao
also we don't know for sure he inherited this amount of moner nor how much his fortune really is today.
But we know he inherited a lot, failed a lot, and grew his fortune lower than the sp500 rate..

forgot about that

But he's right, he's done great in this life, capitalized on a good start, fulfilled his ambitions in politics and the media, it does inspire a bit of envy

It wasn't an argument. I was mocking your total ignorance at basic economics.
How can you equalize 1974's money with 2017's? These are the kind of posts why everybody in this site think you're all fucking retarded lmao

This, although there's a possibility they just want to make Americans buttmad

>le Trump is dumb olala XD
No need to get on Sup Forums to read this

with inflation it'll total up to a quarter billion dollars or 250,000,000 to be easier.

same

Are the Americans on Sup Forums and Sup Forums serious when they say the economic growth from the tax bill will offset the budget deficit/debt increase?

We all are going to miss you buddy

>you literally imply that 40m in the 70's worth the same in 2018 tho, lmao
No.

>also we don't know for sure he inherited this amount of moner nor how much his fortune really is today.
That's why I take the lowest estimate for both, and the results are still impressive.

>But we know he inherited a lot
1% of his fortune is not that much. And he inherited it during one of the biggest depressions in the US market.

>failed a lot
Normal for many multi-venture businessmen.

>and grew his fortune lower than the sp500 rate..
He grew at 11% per year based on the data I gave. It's a bit lower than the S&P 500 but not shameful as these are the best businesses in the world (with the underwhelming ones constantly kicked out from the index), and there were no S&P index funds in 1974 either. Try to grow your own business at 11% for 40 years if it's so easy.

>Try to grow your own business at 11% for 40 years if it's so easy.
give anyone connections in finance and politics, some seed money, and watch them do it

He is a smart businessman though
foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/11/09/trumps-mar-lago-gets-approval-to-hire-70-foreign-workers.html

>Mexicans taking our jobs
>get 70 foreign worker visas for your private golf course/hotel 11 months after being elected

>No

Then tell me what do you meant by:
>inherited $40 million in 1974
>net worth is like $4,000 million in 2018 (the inherited part represents 1% of his actual net worth)

Enlighten me. I can wait all day

>How can you equalize 1974's money with 2017's?
Because it's the same currency, dumbass. We're talking about nominal returns, not real. Summoning inflation as a counterargument (like it makes increasing your net worth a hundredfold in nominal terms "easy", "an underperformance" or "nothing special") is so dumb that you should stop posting.

stop embarassing our flag Hamed

>"not you dare to summon inflation as a counterargument"
wa la

>if you start by a massive fortune and rich friends and turn it into less munies than a literal who game developer you're successful

Guess what that is in inflation-adjusted terms?

But failed heirs are quite common too. The growth in old money families is usually extremely low, which is why 2/3 of the ultra high net worth individuals are self-made today (same proportion for billionaires).

Nominal returns, like you would calculate the returns of any stock, the growth of any wealth, etc. Stop being a jackass.

he doesn't, look that post :

>nominal returns are not affected by inflation
>inflationfags are all leftists
>I don't come to Sup Forums to hear criticism about Le Trump

he's like, really smart

American on vacation?

>implying the first million isn't the hardest part of getting rich
>implying trump cannot hire people more able than him, implying he isn't a trust fund baby
Literal brainlet will never get rich, has no idea how to get rich or how other people get rich. Ha.

>using your edge to succeed is actually not being successful
And Clovis actually achieved nothing because he just inherited his father's crown, etc.

Your point is that he inherited most of his wealth. But inflation in US dollars has been 3.8% since 1974, while Trump's return were around 11% (hence comfortably above inflation). Now explain how inflation is relevant in this picture, and how it actually makes Trump a "failed businessman" that inherited "most of his wealth", like it's claimed ITT.

You guys are contrarian just for the sake of it, but you don't really seem to understand what you're talking about.

See above. "It's just inflation lol" is a brainlet argument when compared to the actual data.

See above. The returns you get in real life are measured nominally anyway. Another user said he did worse than the S&P 500, and he took the nominal returns of the S&P 500 to compare. Not the inflation-adjusted ones.

stop trying to look smart when you posted this kind of post : seriously, 40m in 1974 represent 1% of his 4000m in 2018 ? how more dumb can someone be to write this kind of nonsense.

>nominal returns are not affected by inflation
They certainly are, but so are the returns of just everyone else. So what? Trump's returns still beat inflation (and many other businesses) by a wide margin.

>On my first try

Didnt this faggot run in 2000?

most probably a local brainlet, he will claim that "french pipos hate success!!!" when french people have elected this man as president

Yep.

lol see
Retard, you literally have no damn idea what finance advisors or trust funds are. Bill Gate's turd could run for president with a headstart of 40 million.

>implying the first million isn't the hardest part of getting rich
It depends. Starting from zero as a worker in a factory? Yes. And what do you call rich? It's harder to go from one million to one billion, than from zero to one million (IMO).

>implying trump cannot hire people more able than him
He can, but he does it for the thrill, and still succeeds.

>implying he isn't a trust fund baby
Trust fund babies don't do business themselves, user.

>Literal brainlet will never get rich, has no idea how to get rich or how other people get rich
I am unironically intelligent and I come from a rich family, sorry (inb4 epic brainlet posting).

>it's harder to go from one million to one billion than from zero to one million
But you've never went from one million to one billion or from 0 to out of your mom's basement you pleb fuck.

>he does it for the thrill
The thrill of bankrupting his fucking multi-million dollar company? Evidence that he actually runs his company by himself like a moron? Because I'm pretty sure he does not, because Trump ultimately isn't a fucking moron. Every financial and political success Trump has had can most probably be closely attributed to advisors.

>40m in 1974 represent 1% of his 4000m in 2018 ?
Yes. In nominal terms. Not taking inflation into account. So? If we do consider real returns instead, what's your conclusion? That he was not actually successful?

Nice job of reading in my deepest thoughts, Ânon.

>Retard, you literally have no damn idea what finance advisors or trust funds are.
Many financial advisors love to take high fees for inferior performance, and trust funds are unrelated to the discussion here.

>Bill Gate's turd could run for president with a headstart of 40 million.
But would he get elected?

Americans aren't accustomed to subtlety or moderation

drumpf is, fuck drumpf

The difference is Bill Gates has the integrity to not pander to such populism.

>i-i was talking in nominal terms, y-you're wrong i purposely omited inflation
keep digging maybe you'll reach a pipeline and become rich..

I don't need to, since I am not nouveau riche and don't care that much.

To be more precise, a wageslave can save up money and invest it for decades until he reaches one million. The knowledge to do so is online. But a heir with one million will have a hard time becoming a billionaire, unless he can pull off 15% returns during 50 years. It's probably easier (although not funny) to work your ass off and save like an Asian.

>you've never went
Nice English skills, you sound highly educated.

>Nice English skills, you sound highly educated.
Oh come on, it wasn't like that was Spanish or Japanese tier

I cannot comment on his advisors' part into his financial success, but are you serious on his political success? He actually went against almost everyone's "sound and reasonable" advice to win.

Trump acts like Amerilards on Sup Forums.

I think Trump does not simply pander to populism, though: he sincerely, unironically means what he says on most topics.

Whether he will be able to do what he said is another matter, of course.

Not at all. Trump has shown to be completely devoid of any political skill when he ran back in 2000.
Bannon understood how Trump's campaign could win before Trump realized he actually had a chance.

HAHAHAHAHA I'M DYING HERE

>Having a 14 year old as a president

The whole subject was to know whether Trump is a failed businessman or not. You have to compare his returns with other businessmen. While not stellar, these returns are pretty good. Now, comparing nominal returns to other people's nominal returns, or comparing the real returns of everyone, does not change anything in the end. He's still more successful than many other businessmen/heirs/whatever. Get it?

its getting unbearable
cant even say nigger without offending some paki fagot in canada

>Trump has shown to be completely devoid of any political skill when he ran back in 2000.
And why did he retire, instead of running until the end like a moron? Surely he had enough clairvoyance to retire before losing in a ridiculous way, and compromising all his future chances to win (because he would have been a loser, a joke candidate)? That is political skill IMO.

>Bannon understood how Trump's campaign could win before Trump realized he actually had a chance.
And the fact that Trump chose to follow Bannon instead of the 10,000 other advisors who pressured him to do otherwise is not a proof of Trump's superior intelligence?

>B-BUT MUH 4D-CHESS

He is right. What he's saying in unquestionable. I don't care if he turned out to be a fraud and isn't fulfilling his promises, but he did become a millionaire, he did become a tv star known worldwide and he did become the president of the united states. Two of those on his first try, with the millionaire/businessman point being the only one with room for debate. Regardless, two out of three isn't bad. Give the man his dues.

It's not the term as much as the posters who regularly saying nigger aren't contributing anything to the thread,

>a tv star known worldwide
Not sure about that, he had a cameo in Home Alone and was in the Yank version of Dragons Den.

literal lebit argument
why dont you fuck off?