Flash Season 2

What the fuck kind of retarded season finale was that?

>fantastic use of elements shown throughout the season like time remnants, self sacrifice, and time wraiths
>masked man is a nice reveal
>everyone goes home to their proper Earths
>Barry is able to accept his mother's death, move on, but also must now deal with losing his father (kind of hackneyed, but it works well enough)
>Jay Garrick's name is saved, great scene with the classic costume being put together again
>Barry will need to do some soul searching, setting up for the next season

THHHEEEEEENNN
>Nah, fuck season 1 AND 2, we'll end on the most assbackward twist we can shit out!
>The season finale of the first season? NAH, WE'RE RETCONNIGN THAT SHIT
>FUCK THE WHOLE SHOW!!!

learn to have fun nigga.

I really do not think the show's quality can possibly recover from that shit.

S2 was such an overall disappointment it wasn't even funny.

>>Barry spends all of season 1 and 2 crying about his mother being murdered in front of him
>>Going back in time to save her is somehow out of place?

wew.

Also, you don't even know what the repercussions will be user, so chill your nerd rage.

>season 1's finale was the best live-action thing DC ever put to the small screen
>shit all over it

He also decided it was best NOT to save her at the end of season 1, AND the defining moment in season 2 was him speaking DIRECTLY TO THE SPEED FORCE and getting over it entirely. BUT FUCK THAT, GOTTA SHAMALAM IT UP, B. BOY!

And after both of those his dad died right in front of him and then he sees another version of him that he cant connect to

It's also stupidly out of character.

Did you not watch the final episode of season one?
He acknowledged that he couldn't save his mother without destroying the present, realising that he already had everything he truly wanted, and that was even while his Dad was still in prison with no real way of getting him out, and Iris didn't reciprocate his feelings.

His entire justification for completely fucking with the timeline is "seeing a dopelganger of my dead father is enough for me to decide there's nothing left for me in this world".

>He acknowledged that he couldn't save his mother without destroying the present, realising that he already had everything he truly wanted, and that was even while his Dad was still in prison with no real way of getting him out, and Iris didn't reciprocate his feelings.
This exactly. That scene of future Barry telling himself not to do it was literally perfect writing, and made up for all the drama the show had previously. It saved it from being "The Arrow, but with a red guy who runs fast." Then it is undone because Barry saw a guy who looked like his dad.

And as a note, I know they will probably go full on Flashpoint with it, and it may even be undone in later seasons. but this is the worst possible way to leave off a season. Maybe if it was the end of Season 3 Episode 1, but it isn't.

If he kills Thawn, that means no Flash, no team ups with The Arrow crew (so Arrow is fucked up even more), not Firestorm or other metahumans in Legends of Tomorrow, and no Zoom hitting Earth 2 at all.

Wow, the writers just didn't give a fuck. Not one.

I honestly don't get why anyone defends season 2.

Literally the only memorable episode is by Kevin Smith where all Barry does is talk to the speed force.

Why didn't Zoom just run around the machine twice

it would've taken him all of 12 seconds

Well for there to be an even more furture barry who knows to stop barry from saving his mom he had to have gone through a flashpoint.

>King Shark
>Return of Reverse Flash
>Trajectory
>Velocity 9
>Killer Frost things, and wacky Earth 2 shit in general
Come on, son.

Flash back was pretty great

Why is the master plan of all Flash season villains "I'm going to force Barry to decide to run around in a circle with me"?

>>masked man is a nice reveal
It was the most obvious answer, and had to introduce a third useless Earth just to work.

Eath 3 is where the JSA lives and has intercourse

>seriously defending any Zoom focus episode
No, fuck you. He was such a non-sensical threat.

And frankly, King Shark's actual episode was crap.

I want Earth-3 to be John Wesley Shipp world. Everybody is John Wesley Shipp. Alan Scott shows up on Earth-1, and Barry gets triggered. Everybody on Earth-3 looks like his dead dad.He spends an entire two-parter on Earth-3, just looking like he's about to cry the entire time.

circles are the shape of fast

I would be OK with the finale if the episode, with Barry getting over his mom's death, didn't happen. The sequence of events do not make sense for Barry's motivations.

As long as Tom Cavanaugh is back again, then it can be saved. Though I think I like E2 Wells better than Eobard Wells. THOUGH I will miss Jessi's character.

And what is with this twist of Caitlin's character and acting being very bad compared to S1, and Iris' character being much better in S2 compared to S1.

I hope S3 starts with Barry not having powers, and Wally being the Flash instead. Then Barry can act as a mentor to Wally, slowly helping him build his speed so that he can go back in time to stop S2 Barry from stopping Thawne. Wally will have to choose whether to fix the timeline or keep his powers. AFTERWARDS, it will be revealed that Wally had powers from the particle accelerator in S2.

They need to give Tom something to do like a better story arc not revolving around his daughter. Same for Barrowman,

>AFTERWARDS, it will be revealed that Wally had powers from the particle accelerator in S2
but that neve happened now. Nothing in the show happened.

You do realize the way this show works. right? This whole shit will probably be resolved in one or two episodes, and things will return to normal.

What was retarded about it? Barry loses his father right after just getting over his mother's death. That must have taken a giant shit on whatever golden child vibes he had going on after getting out of the Speed Force. He was just done with all this shit, you could tell during the scene right before he went back in time. When Iris kissed him he was like, fucking whatever, this ending sucks.

Jesus Christ by the time this show ends there's gonna be like 20 Barry Allens in his house the night his mom got murdered

> it will be revealed that Wally had powers from the particle accelerator in S2.

This will happen regardless eventually. Jessie and Wally need to be exposed to the chemicals that made Flash and a speedforce lightning bolt strike since they were hit by the particle wave when they got Barry his powers back. The speedforce in them is dormant.

Nigga youse a busta

The finale to season 1 was fucking retarded. The objections to fixing history came out of nowhere and made no sense as they all already had knowledge of the unaltered timeline.

The season 2 finale changed the context of the season 1 finale making it less about sacrificing his mom because the script says so and more about him being too afraid of losing himself and what he's made to right Thawne's actions.

The entirety of the series is a pocket timeline Thawne created by fucking with time, and after fully self-actualizing and saving literally of creation he does what he should've done the first time and rescues Nora.

Eat a dick, OP.

>He acknowledged that he couldn't save his mother without destroying the present, realising that he already had everything he truly wanted
Yeah, fuck his mom and dad and Dr Wells and Mrs Wells and Ronnie and literally everyone who died from the accelerator explosion or as a result of the metahumans. Flash shouldn't give a flying fuck about them if he's "got everything he wants"

That's not how time travel works in the context of the show.

Is this going to be way too many speedsters?

I never got that with the comic version either. Zoom can alter time but Barry can't? Why?

Yes, it fucking is.

I assume you're going by what the rest of these fucking retards do: a flawed understanding of Flashpoint.

Flashpoint was not caused because Flash saved his mom. Flashpoint was caused because Barry went back in time the wrong way.

That's happened on the show before, it's how you make a time remnant and it causes time wraiths to come after you. Barry has also traveled in time properly, taking his own place.

There is absolutely no reason in this series, established in either the comics or the show, that it would be bad to save Nora Allen.

What people don't realize is that Eobard killing Barry's mother ISN'T a normal part of his timeline. Barry stopping Eobard would fix everything wrong in Barry's life. It isn't a fixed point.

For some reason no one remembers in season 1 where it shows Eobard fucking up his own connection to the speed force by shitting up time and killing Nora.

Nor do they remember the newspaper that showed the original history (the flash gets his powers later, is married to Iris, disappears in Crisis)

Hey, no one remembers the super computer from the future

Not even the writers

The only cons that I could possibly see happen with Barry stopping Zoom, is that Barry doesn't end up having a close relationship with Snow and Cisco. But even then, he must meet Cisco somehow, someone had to develop his future suit.

Kek. I would pay to see that.

Just 4/5.
>season 1 finale barry
>season 2 finale barry who might get undone and replaced by the next one
>the one who stopped season 1 barry
>far future flash

You know, unless my memory's fucked up (which it might be because pain meds) I don't think we actually know what the deal is with the Barry that saved kid Barry yet, do we? I think Thawne said he raced back in time to stop him, but it could literally be from any point in time.

Also let's not forget to add kid Barry into that equation.

Season 2 sucked ass. You all must know it can only get worse from here. Why bother speculating?

It shared the same name as the Gideon on the Waverider

I assume that Rip Hunter and/or the Time Masters just stole her and installed her on the ship

>He doesn't get as close to Joe
>Doesn't help Joe meet Wally
>The Particle Accelerator happens later and affects different people/in different ways
>Flash isn't for a few created for a few years, he doesn't get the non-meta human related people endangered in between
>Flash's interactions with other heroes is changed, some of them could be dead without his intervention
etc

>doesn't get as close to Joe
Nigga Joe is his father in law and his father's best friend and he's lifelong friends with Iris before marrying her.
>Wally
He had no part in that, that was his ex-wife getting the cancer
>particle accelerator stuff happens later
And is handled by an older and more mature Flash, they literally had dialogue covering this
>Flash can't save people until the accelerator goes off
see above
>interactions with other shows
I couldn't give a fraction of a fuck

The timeline has already been altered, they say it as much. Saving Nora doesn't mean the timeline will be restored to its original state. New variables might lead to a completely different outcome.

The timeline was only so similar to its original state after Nora's murder because Thawne was course-correcting. Without him, the timeline is going to change again and be completely different, not the same as it was before he even went there. That timeline is already gone and will never come back.

It is now. They establish that in season 2.

It's the CW. All they have are MUH FAMILY dramas

And as we saw in Earth-2 even being his son-in-law didn't give Barry and Joe the same close relationship they shared on Earth-1
Francine reached out to Iris because of Eddie dying, Eddie died because of Thawne, Eddie was only with Iris because Barry had been in a coma. There is no guarantee that she would have reached out and ever told Joe or Iris about Wally without that happening.

What happens if Flash isn't there to stop a train derailment or a car accident or a robbery and people die? They won't be there for him to save later when he does get his powers, they'll just be gone.

>Saving Nora doesn't mean the timeline will be restored to its original state. New variables might lead to a completely different outcome.
Oh no, then all you're doing is saving hundreds of people's lives for no reason!

>And as we saw in Earth-2 even being his son-in-law didn't give Barry and Joe the same close relationship they shared on Earth-1
Earth-2 Barry is not Barry

Earth-2 Iris is not Iris

Earth-2 Joe is not Joe

Were you not paying attention to what Wells was saying?

By potentially dooming million.

I likes some of the episodes that take elements of Season 1 like the ones focusing on Reverse Flash or characters from the Rogues. Cold, Weather Wizard, Glider and Trickster. Any episode with Zoom (even Enter Zoom) I can't watch the same way because of what they did with the character. They should have kept Zoom as a force of nature. The moment they tried to give him more "depth" it all fell apart.

He's a massive egomaniac who had to beat Barry.

Time travel isn't at all consistent on this show.

Or maybe millions are doomed in THIS timeline and saving Nora saves them too! It's literally just as likely.

It's too big a risk, and a chance that a responsible person wouldn't make.

I kind of agree with you, but have it happen at the beginning of Season 3 Episode 1 with a cold open. That way S2 can feel more conclusive and you don't have that hyper retarded cliffhanger.

That said, the final episode was the best one in the entire season. The season was plagued with episodes it didn't need (mainly Versus Zoom) and the finale ended the season strong even though it had gone to shit. I believe the masked man should have been revealed at the mid-season finale though

Only just now did I realize that this means Eddie will still be alive. Wouldn't it be the best irony if Eddie Thawne became The Flash now?

The shows don't affect each other with time travel, otherwise we would see LoT shit constantly

>it's too big a risk
You, like the show, utterly fail to establish this.

>cliffhanger
what cliffhanger?

The Flash TV series timeline ends like it should've when Eddie created a paradox. Series finale.

It's pretty obvious.

It's a sad day when you realize a CW TV show is literally too subtle for you.

>Fix Arrow
>Scoop Supergirl into CW-verse
>Bring back Thawne
>Rejigger Legends of tomorrow as JSA show
>Cereal man lifted the Suicide Squad embargo , so they can fix that and mend fences with Manu
Not really sure what the negative is here. Flash will probably be the most unchanged of the shows.

They just say Zoom is good at it and Barry is shit, so there. Maybe 25th century knowledge includes an in-depth time travel guide for speedsters

I see where you're both coming from. On one hand, time travel has been shown to change things drastically. On the other hand, when Barry specifically ignored Wells' warning about fucking with the timeline he saved the city from being destroyed, and the negative repercussions were far less significant.

>Barry has also traveled in time properly, taking his own place.
So since there are so many Barrys in the room where his mom gets killed, is it even possible to time travel there correctly and replace a Barry?

>Fix Arrow
Not going to happen, the problem is with the writers.
>Scoop Supergirl into CW-verse
Probably. Either it will happen because of this or as part of the big 4-way crossover.
>Bring back Thawne
Already been brought back. His current status is unclear.
>Rejigger Legends of Tomorrow as JSA show
Probably doesn't require this to happen, it's already clearly being set up.
>fix that and mend fences with Manu
Not going to happen. Like I said, Arrow writers are shit. And Manu clearly has no interest in returning.

He already did, in season 2 the Barry from the original (nora alive) timeline wasn't there. He was the Barry with the white emblem.

Well of course the problem is with the writers. It is my presumption here, and presumption it is, I have no proof here, other than that Johns lifted the Suicide Squad embargo, is that the reasn they are doing a reboot even is because of the various reasons I said. They've clearly written themselves into a hole on arrow, and they are definitely directly tying Supergirl into the rest of the universe, and by connection superman.

Pretty much my exact thoughts on the finale. They did a terrific job of wrapping up pretty much everything from the season, utilized all things that had been developed and established during it, and then just piss it all away and ruin all the character development Barry has had this entire series.

Fuck.

That.

Bullshit.