JSA Storytime: Suicide Squad

Good evening owls of Sup Forums

The end is near

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Boots_of_Blinding_Speed#Boots_of_Blinding_Speed
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Glitches#Soultrap_Glitch
dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/21/the-popularity-of-rebirth-continues-as-dc-announces-more-1s-for-second-printing
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42796/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guys I don't mean to personal blog but I got promoted today and it's really exciting

Except that now I'm gonna miss these storytimes which is suck

>bendis trying to say rhodey meant anything to carol, and the ~~meaningful~~ relationship between them was why rhodey was the perfect redshirt

>Guys I don't mean to personal blog but I got promoted today and it's really exciting
That's awesome! congrats user

That's neat, congrats.What do you do?

RIP

Congrats on your employment!!!!

On a scale of 1 to FUCK, how bad were most of those Marvel solicits?

Hello Storyteller.

Artemis looks so happy when she's bullying Jason!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, user!

that cover makes me feel things I'm not allowed to because it's a Lobdell book

The only good non civil war tie in books, are Carnage and vision.

a solid "absolutely disgusting"

About of half the MU ones were tie ins too despite not really needing to be beyond money reasons

So I really do love Morrowind--even as I cheat my way through it like a motherfucker--except

I MISS FAST TRAVEL SO FUCKING MUCH

boring/10

I don't care about CWII and nothing that isn't tying in looks that interesting (with an exception or two like Vision)

Lobdell falls right around 1 - 1.5 Jurgens on the scale in my opinion. It probably won't be completely shit, but I don't much trust him to make this book live to its full potential.

Glad Carnage is CW2 free.

There's still the possibly that the nega-trinity is magically good and fun. It has the potential to be.

how great is that del Mundo cover with the dog jumping for Cap's shield? He has such a knack at making meaningful cover compositions that make you think.

Howdy.
I recognize exactly two of these new Squadees, and until the Captain Atom storytime I would have 100% called Bolt, Deadbolt.

>io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-comics-writer-brian-michael-bendis-talks-about-k-1782369722
>IO9: My biggest problem was, after losing Bill in the first one, it’s such a well-worn annoying trope when it comes to black characters in pop culture and genre fiction. It’s like, “Okay, yeah, we can lose him because whatever imagined numbers for our audience won’t care about him.”
>BENDIS: May I say you’re completely right. I’m not colorblind and please understand, I’m not whitesplaining or mansplaining. [...]
>BENDIS: Are we not now treating characters equally? Isn’t diversity about equality? If this was a white character, we wouldn’t think twice about it.
Saying this with a straight face when they decided to un-kill the white woman (who turns green), entirely due to fan backlash.

I was shocked to see Web Warriors saying "final issue" in the solicit.

And if Hellcat isn't in the next solicits then it's cancelled too or going on to 14 or 15 issues, cause it said #10 is the end of the 2nd arc.

So that's about ~15 ANAD ongoings that have been cancelled

God, was Bendis sexually abused by carny or something? What is with his hate on for the Chairman of Avengers Best Coast?

You must submit to supreme suffering in order to discover the completion of joy.

Do you have Mark/Recall? Divine Intervention? Almsivi Intervention? This is one of the areas where I fall down on the 'making you actually journey places is good' but there are fast transport spells in the game.

CARNAGE #12
Gerry Conway (W), Mike Perkins (A/C), Michael Walsh (C)
• The survivors of the Anti-Carnage Task Force have followed Cletus Kasady into his trap!
• Surrounded by Carnage-infected monsters and with nowhere to run, how many survivors will be left?
32 pages, $3.99. 23k hang in there.

There's a silver age Suicide Squad HC coming in a month or two lol

it was amazing. i give him points for going down with the ship

I dunno but Bendis has pretty much always hated Hawkeye
Didn't Clint get offed like in the first issue of Bendis' avengers?

Seems like RHATO: Dark Trinity Edition may at the very least give us a few amusing character bits. Otherwise not much to hope for.

Oh fuck, this Shrapnel guy is a zombiebot! These things were the absolute worst in Metal Arms.

Now to be fair we don't know if they really were going to kill Jen or not

...But there are some signs like Leth not knowing what was happening until the issue came out and having to rewrite her CW2 tie in and a simple handwave mention of Jen's biology at the end of #1
So if they really did undo it due to backlash, then fucking lol

Oops, and one of the two I though I recognized turned out to not be a beat to shit Metallo.

I have Almsivi, no Mark, but it's mostly the "finding this place in the woods at the pace I move and with how the journal is set up is FUCKING ANNOYING GODDAMMIT"

wow, he went straight there

I mean yes, the ultimate goal is "there are enough of X that killing one X isn't a problem", but are we there? Not really?

The deserved hell is finally coming to Bendis.

My favorite part of the solicits was Miles appearing in half of the Marvel ones.
Also, Miguel officially has a CW2 tie-in, yet he never appears in literally ANY other books, to the point where even people on Sup Forums forget Miles is still around.

Like how thick

Like, how many paperbacks does it obsolete?aaaaargh I bought the paperbacks already

>There's a silver age Suicide Squad HC coming in a month or two lol
nice

>silver age supergirl
>more golden age superman
>silver age teen titans

What else we need

Not when CW is shorthand for dead black B-listers.

Golden Age Wonder Woman ommibus.

Fair warning: there is one Red Mountain quest that is a killer like that, and you probably don't want to go Telvanni because while you get a magic mushroom house it is in the middle of fucking nowhere.

If you're breaking the game already, there are ways to cheat yourself to extremely fast movement speeds.

Young Justice ;~;

god, I love the Economos jokes

>cheat yourself to extremely fast movement speeds

TELL ME MOAR

oooh yes that would be wild.

this whole thing is dumb

>What else we need

For them to finish fucking printing Ostrander's Spectre and the softcover Starman Omnibus.

Collects ALL STAR COMICS #8, SENSATION COMICS #1-24 and WONDER WOMAN #1-7.

that Starman omni, that's just criminal

Only thing I'm looking forward to from the JL movies is the possibility of some 4th World reprints

I totally need a house

but Morrowind has object permanence in a way that Oblivion doesn't, right?

And in general, more good 80s and 90s collections instead of a second or third bite at 40s or 60s material.

Oh balls. All aboard the relapse train.

Still with the weird skin colouring.
Seriously, did they go with Blue because it rhymes with Jew? That is not a human skintone.

LOL
O
L

Depends how you want to do it. There are items:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Boots_of_Blinding_Speed#Boots_of_Blinding_Speed

You can just console command it:

>player->setspeed 500

Or you can use the soul trap bug to give yourself permanent stat gains:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Glitches#Soultrap_Glitch

That and cheap levitate spells should help for moving around.

I know right

Uhhhh. It's been years, but I think they do clear cells of random stuff on the ground periodically.

I will do all of these things!

Thanks for the kudos guys, it means a ton to me.

I do tech support and technology sales at a retail chain and I got promoted to technology supervisor. Yeah, it's not the most impressive job, but it's really encouraging to go from months of unemployment and debt to being hired and promoted within a month.

Ok it's not comic related but I wanted to let you guys know I'm gonna miss being part of the discussion every night.

You can also dispose of the stuff yourself. Corpses and such.

I think Leth confirmed at least 12

>What else we need
Batman and the Outsiders?
Based on our reading, the first 50 issues of Captain Atom collected.

More Legion. Always more Legion. Especially anything Baxter Era+.
5YL may have been the prototype for every other Giffen doomsday run end, but it still oughta be collected.

AQUAMAN #1, THE FLASH #1, WONDER WOMAN #1, AND LEGACY NUMBERED ACTION COMICS #958 AND DETECTIVE COMICS #935 ALL TO RECEIVE 2ND PRINT RUN DUE TO INCREDIBLE FAN DEMAND dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/21/the-popularity-of-rebirth-continues-as-dc-announces-more-1s-for-second-printing

That :< is such a Nicola Scott face.

Wein Ted kord BB run.

And now they're human again.

Thanks, consistent colourist, you sure did earn whatever pittance they apparently accidentally paid you.

we'll miss you, user

come hang out with us if you get the chance any evenings

Probably just one is fine because if you go too fast it can crash the game. I'd just experiment with the console command and see how fast you want to go.

There's also a mod for it apparently:

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42796/?

If you stick items in chests or whatever they shouldn't disappear. Just dropping them is more risky, and I think if you start being silly you can overload the item limit in a particular place and it'll start clearing them.

Hey storytimer!

That description of Wonder Woman for the JL movie sounds terrible, huh!

Legion

You can still come revive the threads after the fact. Or whenever. A job is more important though, congratulations!

>they haven't even come out yet

yeah, I stashed stuff in the upstairs storage room I cleared the rats out of for that really early quest

I really do not have the hang of stealing/sneaking in this game, unlike my badass Oblivion self

idk, I saw someone trying to make a "THAT'S A BOOBS AND ASS ALL AT ONCE SHOT HOW HORRIBLE!" assertion about what was a normal side view

Don't forget bringing Doc Samson back off panel for no reason.

>The one hurdle I had was the idea that [Iron Man and Captain Marvel] are both smart, good people and they’ve been through Civil War. What would make [these characters] throw the gauntlet down again? It was really what other writers had gifted me—that Rhodey was Tony’s best friend and also romantically connected to Carol—and then I said out loud [his death] is something they would fight for.

There's something hilarious about Bendis considering continuity.

Ostrander, you scamp

Also hilarious that he gives a shit about Rhodey all of a sudden.

Oh, no, I meant the "congealed blood of her victims" line.

>Hollywood screwing up when it comes to Wondy
SHOCK! GASP!

>tfw people are actually excited for this crapfest
Putting Diana on the silver screen was a mistake.

m-m-m-meta

You know, Werner's reaction kinda makes me want him to lead Vlatava even more.

If he's afraid of his madness, and afraid of seizing power, he's better candidate to lead than the average presidential candidate.

it's such a mind fuck to me, like everyone assumed we were invested in those relationships so they didn't show us anything of them. I defend most of KSD Marvel and can only think of a handful of interactions

I think putting stuff in owned chests (it has some NPC living registered as the owner) can cause problems too, but I'm not 100%.

There are exploitative ways to steal as well but the easiest is probably just getting 100% chameleon through spells, enchantments, whatever. I will say it's really hard to imagine playing Morrowind as a character who doesn't use magic, Skyrim is much better like that.

this is amazing

That...will get a follow-up.

right, it's not like it's Stucky or something

It was extremely bland, yeah. They should have just shot for Carol/Jess, I thought Marvel was all about that shock value. Shit maybe it would redeem the terrible character decisions they made for Jess.

I used so much magic in Oblivion and then Skyrim was so much less friendly to it :|

Carol is getting a movie, she can't be not straight

or white

>Magic doesn't work that way. Each spell must be prepared.
Aw yeah, Vancian system, baby!

I wish DC would make this consistent across the board. I just want to have a grasp on the rules so the writers/editors can't pull shit out of their asses. Is that so much to ask?

No one cares enough about Jess except Carol sadly. you don't get the quick pitch of iron man's bff and carol's bf

what's out tomorrow?

I've stumbled on a few Daedric shrines. if I weren't godmode, there's a one-hit ded

>Oh, no, I meant the "congealed blood of her victims" line.

I thought they meant it as a metaphorical thing though and not literally red because of that?

Still bad if they're going primarily warrior first, but it's not unexpected.

It kind of fits though, right? Nords are all brusque and headstrong and ugh milk-drinker taste my axe grah and Dunmer are just spite and despair and bitter cleverness. I'm super glad you're enjoying the game regardless, I really think it's by far the best TES as a contained experience flaws and all.

THE WALL

In a shocking licensing twist Jess is revealed to be Nancy Drew's clone.

Oh gosh, look at Amanda's face in the fourth panel!

Robo-love is best love

It's pretty lol that Carol's BIG MEANINGFUL TIE to Rhodey is that she's seen him naked, and on Tony's side they're BFFs for life.

I'd sooner have Jen be the real casualty, since at least they both know her an equal amount.

damn boomer you're freaking out in that third panel man

It's really fun, I just miss some of the gameplay refinements that happen later, a lot

On that particular quotedrop coming from an Israeli, I once again must state my disappointment in Oded Fehr not getting cast as Doctor Strange like he was rumoured to be at one point.

I only remembered later he'd already played Doctor Fate on JLU.