So I just started watching season 3 cos I never did and am up to episode 3... what am I watching...

So I just started watching season 3 cos I never did and am up to episode 3... what am I watching? Episode 2 was such a filler. An entire episode with Will staring at the ceiling of a Church?

Will the next episode pick up or should I skip a few?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/06/hannibal-season-4-bryan-fuller-christopher-nolan-angel-heart-1201840018/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It will pick up, but these episodes aren't filler if you take it in the concept of the whole charater development and story progression. This show needs room to breath and allow artistic expression of this kind. These so called fillers are a way of depicting Will's self reflection and change/becoming. If they weren't there, it would just seem like he flipped a switch towards the end and wouldn't suit the character at all.
Have patience.

Yeah okay I did like when Will said "I forgive you" to Hannibal. Will see how the next episode is

I've been watching season 3 these past few days and it's fucking great. It's like Fuller just went "fuck it" and turned everything up to 11. Dunno why everyone hated it so much.

Pretty much half of season 3 is pure filler, but it's worth powering through for the epic Crescendo at the end

>what am I watching?

a 3 seasons gay romance that ends in double suicide

>mouths doesn't fit

what a shit drawing

It went to shit halfway through season 2. The repetition and having every random serial killer be as artistic and methodical in their murders as Hannibal was a horrible mistake.

Season 3 fucking SUCKED

i hope American Gods doesnt go down this route should it not get cancelled

Season 3 is a slow, uninteresting pile of shit until it leaves Italy, but even then it can't live up to S2. The show ended very disappointingly.

The only good part of Season 3 was the Crawford vs Hannibal fight.

Because people love what they're used to. Fuller went a whole different rout than any other show with this type of premise. It attracted the standard crime procedural crowd that was left bereft and angry when they didn't get their fill and instead had to navigate a layered philosophical and personal journey wrapped in an artistic fantasy

Season 3 is fucking awful up until the Red Dragon part starts, then its great

Oi when's next season starting

Rights are back up for grabs in August. Fuller intends to continue going by interviews, general disposition and unrelenting fans. It's not clear if they'll make a mini season or what format it'll take exactly though.

>surprised with all the homo shit in season 3
>google director wiki page
>Partner:

>layered philosophical and personal journey

Can't you just say "I want to fuck the main characters" and not be so pretentious about it? It's as layered as two smut photos stacked on top of each other.

Jesus, it's always gotta be fucking. If that's the only reason you can enjoy something, great for you, that counts at least as some kind of content filter.
For me, it's not the case though. I love slow developing shit if shot well and if I'm invested enough.

indiewire.com/2017/06/hannibal-season-4-bryan-fuller-christopher-nolan-angel-heart-1201840018/

The first half of S3 is some majorly weird TV. But it's not filler.

I mean great that it's a when and no longer an if scenario, but it's highly unlikely Nolan will have anything to do with it

Thank god this guy gets it.

artistic self sucking with a giant heaping of homoitis.

Letting fuller off his leash was a mistake and only way anyone likes season 3 is if they're a fag.

>The show ended very disappointingly.
What? The ending was pretty much perfect. I especially loved the slightly shameful Sherlock Holmes reference.

All this bitterness can't be good for you. It's just not your taste and you were obviously not the intended audience for this type of material. While there may be homo subtext, it's not the exclusive focus or message of Fuller's interpretation of Hannibal, you're grabbing onto that to justify your anger.

fag detected

I love this show

However, I somehow never got around to the final episode.

Now I have to watch S3 over again because this thread reminded me I didn't complete it.

Do Will and Hannibal finally kiss?

I wouldn't bother. The show really takes a leap off a cliff toward the end.

they changed the very meaning behind the character, Hannibal was never bi and one person he ended up fixating on was a woman. Only fags could like this adaptation, especially season 3.

If they had used Anna chlumsky as a starling sit-in because they didn't have the rights, I could see it at least adhere to source material but it went off the fucking rails somewhere in season 2, and even though ending of season 2 was great, what season 3 turned into was complete garbage.

it has nothing to do with my bitterness and all to do with him shitting on source material so he can write gay fanfiction. Fuck you faggot for trying to act like that isn't the case.

If we could just have Manhunter with the actual ending from Red Dragon we would have the perfect Harris adaptation.

Hannibal isn't gay in the show. Not straight either.
He is in love with Will, but it's not because of a physical attraction.

>it went off the fucking rails somewhere in season 2

Season 2, Episode 7 is the exact moment I realized the show went to shit.

There are other adaptations that are more to your liking than this version then. Just because it's not like the source material, like you're used to, doesn't mean others can't adapt it to suit their own taste.
You can start with the Bible onward with people's constant dissatisfactions of the source material being changed.

>He's not gay. He is in love with Will, but it's not because of a physical attraction.

Season 3 is TV kino.
First half is not a filler it's art,and if you don't have patience and you cant appreciate what it is i suggest you move along to something else.
Second half of season 3 is basically one big love letter and
>i't beautiful

it's*

The first few episodes of season 3 are setup. Don't skip any episodes

>the FBI consists of about 6 people who are all completely fucking inept
>the medical examiners routinely assist in apprehension of criminals and other field work
>Will kidnaps Hannibal and they drive from Baltimore to bumfuck Minnesota in a goddamn Bentley while the FBI is actively searching for Will.
>Hannibal keeps a girl alive and hidden for a year
>Hannibal keeps another girl alive, hidden, and psychologically reprogrammed for several years
>being Chilton is suffering
>YESSSH, A VERGER BABBEH
>GOTTA CHECK THE FAT

This is the best show ever made. I wish I was watching it with Sup Forums when it was airing, that would have been some prime shitposting.

CORDELLLLLLLLLLLLL

S2 finale reactions

not this user but seriously is a concept ot platonic love, appreciation and respect so unreal for you?
way more important and valuable than libido fueled lust if you ask me

>Hannibal vs Jack
>Hannibal and Will vs Dorlarhyde

3kino5u 2bh. Go back to talking about Game of Plebs with the other redditors.

kek

>The show ended very disappointingly.
it got cancelled, it's not over yet

>nolan
Fucking dropped

The best old days. Nothing comparable since.

Fangirls as well as homophobes/hard str8s have this compulsion to hypersexualize everything. There's no inbetween or gray area in their worlds. Deep friendship doesn't exist. Touching is only allowed between lovers. That really leaves the question what kind of lacking relationships they have in their lives.

How good is Mads in this?

They don't need to touch or express anything sexual to show their love for each other.
Killing Francis was the best sex scene that i have ever witnessed on Television

Mads is a god damn beast

Ridiculously good. The acting of pretty much all characters that matter are completely on point.

Damn fucking right. I've seen so many movies and shows but no relationship, however one wants to see it as, has managed to feel this raw and allconsuming.

That's the thing. The show's about the relationship of Will and Hannibal.
I haven't seen a show in my life that focus this much on the relationship of only 2 characters.

Not in this way, no.
I've seen Fuller's other work too and this seems to stand out in every way and aspect. I hope that if it does get continued that we'll be able to receive the same quality. There is a lot of room left for further exploration if they choose the right path and take very good care to not pander to fangirl needs for explicit content.

That last episode of S2 was something else. Will's failure was so sad I cried like a little butch.

Anyone else think this show would've been better if it wasn't built around Hannibal Lector? Feels like a different character with a non-established backstory could have been better than Hannibal Lector