Should water be a human right?

Should water be a human right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_water
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Sure

But it's not a human right to have it collected, cleaned, filtered, and transported to your house for free

What the fuck is that picture

That's not a meme

That's an abomination

all human rights are jewish abominations

it should be an american right, a french right, a german right, a canadian right, and so on

Yea that and water filters

Yes, nature is not to be privatized.

Positive rights are literal slavery

it's a next generation meme that your pleb mind can't understand

Drinking water without government consent is rape

Human rights is a wide term. But I would consider a state that doesn't provide clean water to it's citizens a total failure.

this. you can always collect rain water or someshit.

>Communist detected
No.

Luckily the U.S. bill of rights has already enumerated all your human rights. Free shit did not make the cut.

>implying you don't get jailed in America for collecting rainwater

How are you still so naive, Poland?

>i want jew companies owning all of my countrys water, they surely wont do anything bad with it.

And I thought Fins were based with the winter war and all.

>should it be a human right to be provided with a thing that others must work to procure for you?

The answer is, always, no.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_water

>be american
>playing gaily in the rain in a local park
>absent-mindedly scratch an itch on my face
>a droplet of water enters my mouth by accident
>oh no
>sirens blare in the background
>a green van comes to a screeching stop in front of me
>fifteen men armed with AR15s emerge
>"SIR DID YOU PAY FOR THAT WATER? THAT IS PROPERTY OF COCA-COLA INC"
>I put my hands up and try to respond that I paid for my ticket to the park and my hour isn't up yet
>before any noise comes out, one of them knees me in the belly and empties a can of mace into my face
>"STOP RESISTING, SIR"
>as I writhe on the ground in pain, they riddle me with bullets, shouting all the while
>as I drift into the eternal void, I am at peace knowing I died in the greatest country on earth with the most freedoms a man could ever enjoy
such is life in America

that's actually illegal

land of the free

you do? fuck, shit to be you then, America.
Perfectly legal here

Good goy, let the Jewish owned government do it instead!

If it is essential to your physical well-being you should have a right to it, however if it is provided for you by someone else and not collected yourself then that is a privilege

This post sums it up.

wwwhy ?

That's a neat greentext implying all sorts of false things you have there.

Define right.

What exactly is water as ''a human right''?
Does it mean the taxpayer HAS to pay to ship water to Africans? Does it mean no one can sell water? Does it just mean the government can't deny you water? What is it?

If you can't define it then I am going with water not being a human right. You are no more entitled to water than you are entitled to food or shelter. If you're thirsty go and get some fucking water, asshole.

Surely not, why?

And if all the rivers and lakes in your country are private property what are you going to do?

in which land is this for free? I pay for water that comes to my house and goes out too

Drink tap water like 99% of the population.

no it actually means that the government of an area is illegitimate if they fail to provide water to their charges, not that other people HAVE to step in to pick up the slack

it CERTAINLY doesnt mean that you can steal other peoples water (because, of course, now you're depriving them of it and violating their right to it, in addition to the obvious theft and theft being not okay)

This.

There is no "right". Nothing like "right" exists in nature. You either fight for it, or not. No one can really grant you anything.

How? corporate interests will shut off the taps unless you pay them.

i always figured water tax is a municipal level thing depending on the actual availability of water. some of my friends who live in nearby suburbs or rural areas pay it, but none of my local friends do.

i cant imagine one place in germany where you dont have to pay for water that comes out of the faucet. You even have to pay for water that goes down the sink.

Great, now if the corporation that owns the water stops distributing it unless you are their employee, what are you going to do?

So what? What does this have to do with anything, you retarded aspies.

I made a very simple request. DEFINE WHAT A RIGHT IS.

Until you define what a right to water is you can go fuck yourself.
This literally means nothing until you can define what your retarded bullshit means.
I don't care if corporations magically find a way to steal all the water from you, your vague retarded concepts still make no sense.

No. then we'll all die. you dumb fuck.

let's drink all the water all at once like jew rats in the desert.

How is the payment handled? Is it a rate, or a flat fee for unlimited access?

governments dont exist in nature either, but if our tax money stops going to roads and water and sewers and hospitals and shit, i think people would become terrorists and the gubment doesnt want that

Shitpost on Sup Forums about vague ''rights'' without defining what the fuck I am talking about

That's what I'd do

i'd prefer if people strived to be something more than a degenerate anti-social luddite like you

if you rent a flat you pay it with the renting fee like a rate

if you own a house you pay it with property tax

lol, it does seem incomplete.

this is bullshit.

this is getting silly.

so, wait, is it itemized and there's a specific field for water tax, or is just sorta like, when you pay your taxes you know somesuch value is going to water because they tell you where your taxes go

he's a big baby.

columba. this is silly. the chips, please.

What do you think a "right" is?

the money should be a water-backed currency.

that will fix the world's problems.

let's see you fuck with the water, jew-demon-wizards.

Unfiltered water full of microbial life is a right for everyone. Water that has been cultivated, purified, and pumped to your house comes at a price.

uhm.... no it isn't?

i literally helped set up rain barrels on a job last summer, why would that be illegal, this isn't venezuela

We give up our freedom to do whatever we want with our water sources, and in return government gives us a cheap source of safe water

What is that hard for you autistic ancaps to understand?

In some states it is apparently

It is funny. It is called an anti-joke.

No object or service dependent on the unwilling contribution of others can be a right.

This isn't a hard concept.

>No object or service dependent on the unwilling contribution of others can be a right.
name me a country where treated water is delivered free to your house

>unwilling
who says it's unwilling? if you're not willing you can get the fuck out and move to somalia, nerd

North Korea

What are you asking? People pay for water in every single democratic nation.

no it's not a right and should not be a right because it falls in the category of goods

>who says it's unwilling?
Probably the person you're demanding free shit from

>the jewish owned government is worse than jewish owned corporations
AT LEAST in a democracy the government is somewhat liable to its voters, there is NOTHING to hold jewish corporations accountable as they are above the law and pay the law to go away.

I think it's nothing until you define it. The definition of what a right is changes from subject to subject.

Right to bear arms doesn't mean everyone gets free guns. It's just the government saying that they're cool with people buying guns.
Is that what we're talking about here? Everyone needs to have rights to water, but it can be privatized and sold? Government can take all your water and sell it for 1000 bucks a bottle. Sounds about right.
Your vague ''rights'' are idiotic. if you can't define it just fuck off.

I don't know what nigger tier hood you live in, but where I'm from the water is run by the municipal authorities.

Me again on mobile

As far as i know you know where it goes you pay more uf you fill your swimmingpool

And you're correct. The whole debate is whether water should be privatised.

Then that's what you faggots should be talking about, not about whether or not water is a ''right''.

Learn what words mean.

Nigga , why are you angry

which individual person is that? having a right to something doesnt mean your neighbor has to pay for it, it means the government does

and protip: you also pay taxes. it's why you get to enjoy these social services and free goods like water and roads. because YOU paid for it with YOUR taxes.

Because I am on a board full of shills and dumb people.

niggers dont pay taxes

The two are intertwined. If there is a right to water, then private ownership of all water sources is breaching such a right.

>if we dont give them a voice, they can't argue it!
Well you're right on that

A right is an entitlement enacted by God that a human needs to live, in which a corporation can not take full control and exploit of said right.

So what is the right to bear arms?
Oh shit, all guns should be free! No one can own a gun or sell it!

>God
>still believing in fairy tales as an adult
>inb4 muh fedora
Oh you.

You can manufacture your own gun instead of buying one.

You can drink your own piss instead of getting free water, therefore all water can be privatized and sold in 1000 dollar bottles.

Nice ''rights'' you got there.

FUCK OFF NESTLE! NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PURCHASE OF WATER SOILS!

One day we will get of you Nestle, MILKA IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN YOU!

If guns themselves are a right, the government should provide rifles, yeah.

The text of 2a does not guarantee arms themselves, it guarantees that lawmakers won't legislate against their procurement and otherwise lawful use. (which makes it kinda toothless and useless but w/e thats american law for you)

>unironically using the 'fairy tale' remark, the most cliche and childish arguement

Should have staked your claim earlier then, faggot.

That's the point.
You can have your little stupid piece of paper that says humans have the right to water or the right to drink water, but the only thing that matters is what you're doing with water. What laws are in place to make sure people don't die from thirst, what can and can't be privatized, when is the government going to step in make changes.

All this low IQ nonsense about human rights is useless.

Not even being ironic, but what about the children?
Literally. What if later generations lose claims to land through things they can't control when it comes to property ownership? It leaves a huge hole in the plan when people can easily rig the system to directly own all water.

So, you're a literal feudalist. Ok.

Not an argument. Religion meets all the criteria of fairy tales, it doesnt really matter how much it triggers you.

most americans are, and don't believe in government larger than local warlords

why these people don't just move to africa is beyond me. it's everything they could possibly want

> has 40 different kinds of welfare
> free shit didn't make the cut

You don't even know what the definition of a fairy tale is

>human right
What does this even mean?

>North Korea
source?

> People pay for water in every single democratic nation.

Then water is not a right

a right granted to all humans regardless of their circumstance (as opposed to only those of specific legal status, usually citizenship)

1.a story, usually for children, about elves, hobgoblins, dragons, fairies, or other magical creatures.

2 An incredible or misleading statement, account, or belief:

It meets both criteria. Take your pic

>inb4 what is a right
A right is a moral or legal entitlement to have or do something.

>letting the liquid jew go inside you

Except for legal representation, and even then only in a criminal trial.

I'm pretty sure nobody will stop you from drinking water.

Yeah but what fuck does that mean in practice? If the question is should poor people be given clean water then the morally yes.
>a right granted to all humans regardless of their circumstance (as opposed to only those of specific legal status, usually citizenship)
It sound like you want a court above the state which i don't agree with. i also don't see why it has to be a law.

>you can always collect rain water

But that's full of rads