Why did they throw away their own language?

Why did they throw away their own language?

we didn't

What?
We all speak out own languages...

Har vi gjort det?

>they don't speak fornordiska and use runes so therefore they don't speak their own language

We didn't..

Vad fan säger du guling?

Nippon education.

You dumb sissy anime boi.

but your english is very good

Finland throwed away Sweden language.
Others still have their own.
Another spammy thread

And? I speak Swedish, Norwegian, English and Sámit.

I'm even better at Swedish. Which I speak every day. With everyone...
English is just another language we learn in school.

because they are small

Why would the skill of speaking English mean we have "thrown away" our own languages?

English is much better, than this shit. I think all Europe should throw away their ugly languages.

Jävla kineser, ska fan rämna er alla med marken

Du menar Japaner? Fast det är väl samma skit..

Shut the fuck up rushit, keep speaking perfect pyccкий language or i fucking kill you

The Jap means that you all have big English proficiency and thus you don't have Swedish, Norwegian or Danish TV dibs, vidya dubs, etc.

English advertisement is omnipresent to the point where it could replace your language if people stop being attached to their native languages. Of course I'm not saying it's gonna happen anytime soon, just that it's a possibility.

For example, the three countries I named all have higher English proficiency than Canada.

That's rich cumming from nips that mixes english into every second sentence.

They're the biggest Anglophiles around.

Dropping runes as a writing system was a mistake.

Når gjorde vi det?

They didn’t even invent runes. Actually they are pretty similar to iberian scripts that are around 800 years older.

Oy vey, the original Nordic writing system.

ᚠᚢᚦᚨᚱᚲᚷᚹᚺᚾᛁᛃᛇᛈᛉᛊᛏᛒᛖᛗᛚᛜᛞᛟ

700-800 years of systematic extermination and we still have our moon language

>this will never be my native script
the pain won't stop

>being able to compete on the international markets is the same as throwing away your own language

What the hell do you mean? We all speak English perfectly?
Du är bög.

>bög
so bog means gay in swedish?

Yes. Surely you could have used Google translate.

I'm curious because it means the God in russian

Mitä vittua sä just sanoit musta saatanan kiinalainen kynäniska?

What do you mean?
Nordics still speak their mother tongues
English is spoken as a native language by at most 1% of the population in Nordic countries

Probably a communist plot, then.

You first, you're European as well.

>European
No such thing

>For example, the three countries I named all have higher English proficiency than Canada.
English proficiency in Sweden and Denmark is pretty much the same as Canada (around 85%) not higher, and you know this is mostly because of Quebec (where English is not official) and to a lesser extend because of New Brunswick (officially bilingual)

I think you've forgotten the factoid that Meds used to be Nords

>writing systems are based on other writing systems
oh wow just like any other but about 4 writing systems that has ever existed?

I think main land norse replace thisr word with english, much more than we north atlantic. But still, even with our loan wofds we aply grammer so not so much loan, but motr adapt. Lrasz loan

It really jogs the nogging that the alphabet I am currently using is older than the alphabet people used 1000 years ago

>tfw all long branch rune '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''converters'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' online are just some r*Dditors who shill their github projects
i wish all web'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''developers'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' would just hang themselves

they haven't

Isn't japanese these days just english with extra U in the end of every word and L and R switching places?

Everything for children get dubbed, but dubs are in general absolutely fucking retarded and I really don't understand how someone can think they're a good thing. You're essentially exchanging a good actor for some shmuck trying to time his voice to the lips. It irks me to no end, I can't stand dubs at all.

To be honest, having a global language would be so fucking good. It's always very annoying to try to communicate with someone that can't speak english. My wife's mothers side is french, and it's like they're talking elfish, I can't understand anything, and they don't even try to understand me.

I like national culture, songs in native languages, yada yada yada, but I really wish we as a species could progress to the point where we don't really need more than one language to communicate.

Why would you throw away your swedish genes and create some frog mutt
Is it popular among swedes?