Krypton Character Descriptions

>SEG-EL | Envisioned here as athletic, quietly confident and in his 20s, comic fans are familiar with an older (and a bit grumpier) Seg from his appearance in the classic Starman No. 51, written by James Robinson with story by Robinson and David S. Goyer, who is executive producer/writer of Krypton. But Seg’s a good guy at any age; in the comics, he and son Jor-El (Kal-El/Superman’s father) helped Starman get away while other Kryptonians wanted to detain – and dissect – the Earthling.

>LYTA ZOD | This twentysomething beauty will likely have some familial tie to Superman’s future foe, General Zod, while she herself is a (reluctant) warrior.

>VAL-EL | Seg’s genius grandpa defied death by going into the Phantom Zone, and is a staunch believer in space exploration. (We know that’s a lesson he’ll pass along to his great-grandson.)

>ALURA ZOD | Lyta’s mom happens to bear the same name as Kara Zor-El’s mother on Supergirl, while “Zod” always raises an eyebrow because of that whole “kneel before” thing.

>DEV-EM | If anyone is going to survive Krypton’s inevitable fate, it’ll be this chiseled, twentysomething bad boy. In the comics, Dev escapes the doomed planet, abuses Superboy on Earth and eventually becomes an ally of the Legion of Super-Heroes… in the 30th century.

>TER-EL | AKA Seg’s father. We didn’t get him to play Supergirl’s Man of Steel, but maybe Tom Welling (Smallville) could play Clark’s great-grandfather on Krypton?

tvline.com/2016/06/21/krypton-cast-syfy-series-seg-el-season-1/

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What even is the point of this

Oh boy, my favorite part of Alan Moores "For The Man Who Has Everything" was all the Kryptonian politics!

>Watching and getting connected to characters you know will all die in a fiery explosion

My god this sounds like utter shit.

>it’ll be this chiseled, twentysomething bad boy.
Is this an actual quote from something official? Really?

Fucking end me.

Everyone dies in the end, why should I watch or get connected to anyone.

Everyone on earth dies in the end, why live?

About the same hope as they had for the Battlestar Galactica prequel series Caprica, stupid people tuning in for the wrong reason and hopefully sticking around. With Caprica, most thought we'd see the first Cylon War. With Krypton, they're probably hoping for rubes who don't understand Kryptions minus the yellow sun means no super powers.

>SEG-EL
Heh, Don't care about this show at all, but that's a nice touch.

you know what, im excited. Krypton has plenty of potential for wacky crazy shit. They got magic dinosaurs and super science. Might be cool.

>that Starman reference

Nice. it was Seyg though. Maybe that would be too on the nose. I'll give Byrne credit, clever name.

People are all looking at this show the wrong way. This is a means to really expose the general audience to DC's cosmic characters. There's so much you can do. The Green Lantern of Kyrptons space sector, Tomar-Re, comes to check up on the planet. Seg-El receives a distress beacon from the drought struck planet of Rann. Krypton is facing a crisis and the Thanagarians are offering to help, but only in exchange for Kryptonian weaponry. Krypton first discovers of a far off planet known as Earth by a traveling Earthman who calls himself Captain Comet. Many members of the Kryptonian senate turn out to be Durlans in disguise. There are so many possibilities.

He will be allie's with Shus-Ter I assume

Yeah why is this happening? Who thought this was a good idea? I'm really, really sick of derivative shows. It's like french fried flavored potato chips. They made something with the name of something else you like on it so they hope that will sell enough, without actually giving you the thing in question.

It's cheap and stupid.

This. Warner Brothers is retarded.

To be honest? I don't like it because it fucks with my head canon. I know that's weird. But I always thought Oa and other cosmic groups/people avoided Kypton because they know they mutate under different stars radiation.

They aren't ALLOWED to travel in space anymore. No one came to Kypton's aide because it was supposed to be sort of cut off from the rest of the universe. Maybe Oa and others put this isolationist idea in their head and culture. Jar-El was fighting an uphill battle trying to convince them to go to Earth and evacuate, because this idea of staying put was so deeply ingrained into them from a universe that feared the rise of a Superman.

But as Destiny would have it, it happened.

>rubes who don't understand Kryptions minus the yellow sun means no super powers.

Nice try, user. I see you don't understand that Kriuptionys will have powers because television.

Fuck your lore.

>This is a means to really expose the general audience to DC's cosmic characters.

Isn't it a co-production with Syfy?

Yeah, they ain't gonna be paying for any rights they don't use every episode.

It's a big fuck you to his kids, given that they had 50% of the rights from 2009 to 2013 and lost them again. At this point WB is literally trading on a dead guy's name, but of course any suggestion that his children should have a piece of that is totally out of the question.

honestly better that way

wait, wasn't someone trying to get a Jack Knight show off the ground?

that and Shade are my dream shows to one day write for

Source please?

>tvtropes.org/

I mean the picture crop.

>Krypton

Some "superman prequel" where it's just Kryptonian soap opera with b-television shit actors

on a shit network as well

There was, very briefly, a Starman show in development at ABC Family over a decade ago. Along with the usual movie rumors, there was also some reality show in development where 8 people compete to see who makes a Starman movie. That was announced last year, I can't imagine that's still happening.

Sounds pretty okay to me on paper. I'm going to love it when this becomes flavor of the month show in Sup Forums after spending a year crying about how it sucks.

The last season better be set in the future as "the adventures of General Zod and Jor El"

Is this DCEU or not?